EDD May 2014 (maybe)

meltie

Hi mummies, my mucus plug has came off just now but there is no blood show, should I be admitted to hospital now or can wait until the blood show or water break? TIA! Omg , I'm getting nervous and excited !
Hey mrsjlim, hope u're next soon! Hmm maybe you can wait for more signs like contractions/waterbag burst? coz alot of my frens also lost mucus plug but is perfectly fine when no other labor signs kick in.. Might just waste a trip to hospital..

mrsjlim

meltie:868964 said:
Hi mummies, my mucus plug has came off just now but there is no blood show, should I be admitted to hospital now or can wait until the blood show or water break? TIA! Omg , I'm getting nervous and excited !
Hey mrsjlim, hope u're next soon! Hmm maybe you can wait for more signs like contractions/waterbag burst? coz alot of my frens also lost mucus plug but is perfectly fine when no other labor signs kick in.. Might just waste a trip to hospital..
That's what I'm thinking too, dun want to waste the trip there, think I will just wait and monitor. Now I'm super hungry, got out of the bed to make some early breakfast :)

meltie

That's what I'm thinking too, dun want to waste the trip there, think I will just wait and monitor. Now I'm super hungry, got out of the bed to make some early breakfast :)
I'm hungry too.. Just gotta try to slp it off haha.. But i can't get back to slp.. Bb is kicking.. My #1 woke up afew times.. Sigh keep attending to her..:p maybe night terror.. Ans she is thirsty..

Hmm i think don't need on go hosp unless u have bloody show or contractions or waterbag burst.. That's the initiation of labor.. Other than that u go hosp they will ask u go home and wait... :p look out for regular contractions ...

miso

I see. Ok. Now I know. So if mucus plug comes off then we still have time to wait and see if our water bag burst or for regular contractions to come.

im also hungry and just ate some biscuits. Haha..

shanice99

Actually what is this test for? Maybe my gynae thinks that I don't need it. 3.3kg is average, but considered big for my size.
Think the test is to test if u need to have anti biotics during delivery. So that not to affect the baby during delivery ba. Not sure if is optional or not. My col told me her doc din ask her to do this test. But mine got. U can ask ur doc abt this. For me, I din ask. He asked me to do then I do loh.

shanice99

I see. Ok. Now I know. So if mucus plug comes off then we still have time to wait and see if our water bag burst or for regular contractions to come.

im also hungry and just ate some biscuits. Haha..
Wa it seems like most of the mummies are still waiting game wor. Lol.

jeerin

does any mummies experience lower right abdomen pain? Its quite painful for me. Is it normal? Am in my 37 week.

Piglim

So happy my son has recovered from HFMD... Wah it's been a really long tiring week but very happy to stay hm n play n accompany him. Think he also happy cos got mummy 24/7.. Hahah..

Mon will be my gynae appt. I called my gynae on fri asking bout my doubts of HFMD.. Call like no use.. The senior nurse just say cannot do anything.. I just need to watch my personal hygiene.. So just hope everything's fine.

This time round pregnancy really alot of challenges.. Somemore ask bout how's it like having #2 right? I think let nature takes its course bah. But it's not easy even if u hv a school, helper or mil or mother to tk care of ur child. Carrying part, u will just get used to it. It's actually quite ok to carry ur child with a big bump. Most of us here r 2nd time mummies and our children r like ard 11kg thereabout so ya imagine us carrying this weight on top of the weight we r putting around our tummy.. Easily like carrying a bag of big rice?? How heavy u also bobian when ur child calls for u.. U will just "obey". Anw even if ur child is in childcare remember there r times when he/she will fall sick or the sch closes so u also need to handle two together at a certain pt in time. My #2 hasn't pop out. Still got another 2 more weeks but I know it won't be easy.. Reading charchia's post like how #1 cry then #2 will cry vice versa at night makes me worried..

I also been feeling extremely thirsty lately... N hungry also... Now I have purchased most of my things (for confinement) just prob need to stock up on more wet wipes etc cos think for the 1st two mths will be busy adjusting n no time to do these kinda shopping...

Ok mummies keep updating eh!

CharChia

dear mummies who are expecting no.2, remember to introduce no.1 to no.2 everyday... when no.1 tries to go near no.2 try not to give too big a reaction...

From personal experience, my no.1 is 11 months old... everyday we have been telling her this is ur didi... starting when she tried to go near we always give big reaction like no, cannot hit, cannot this and that.... then I realise that isn't the way coz she starts to show jealousy and each time we go near didi she cries... so now I let her go near didi and watches what she does... starting she will use her finger to poke then after that I hold her hand and show her how to sayang... I also show her how I sayang her and didi (same way of stroke of sayang for both)... Then when we kiss didi, we will let her know and show her and get her to kiss didi too...

Now no.1 has been quite gentle with didi, she pats him lightly when he makes a little noise.. when she wakes up she will look at her didi... she will always try to sayang didi which sometimes still rough so need to watch over... lol... n the latest was last night, she crawl to didi, kiss him on the head, crawl back to her space and prepare to go to sleep...

there is nothing more I can ask from no.1 to be better...

Tannie

mrsjlim:868962 said:
If no sign of labour thn no need to panic. My mucus plug came out one month before giving birth for #1. I also rush to clinic n gynea said actually no need to come n no need to be panic.

This time my mucus plug is discharging slowly... after first experience, this time I m waiting for sign of labour. ..

meltie

dear mummies who are expecting no.2, remember to introduce no.1 to no.2 everyday... when no.1 tries to go near no.2 try not to give too big a reaction...

From personal experience, my no.1 is 11 months old... everyday we have been telling her this is ur didi... starting when she tried to go near we always give big reaction like no, cannot hit, cannot this and that.... then I realise that isn't the way coz she starts to show jealousy and each time we go near didi she cries... so now I let her go near didi and watches what she does... starting she will use her finger to poke then after that I hold her hand and show her how to sayang... I also show her how I sayang her and didi (same way of stroke of sayang for both)... Then when we kiss didi, we will let her know and show her and get her to kiss didi too...

Now no.1 has been quite gentle with didi, she pats him lightly when he makes a little noise.. when she wakes up she will look at her didi... she will always try to sayang didi which sometimes still rough so need to watch over... lol... n the latest was last night, she crawl to didi, kiss him on the head, crawl back to her space and prepare to go to sleep...

there is nothing more I can ask from no.1 to be better...

Wow that's really good progress from a 11mth old! cute big sis! :) Keep it up!

I've been introducing my 19 mth old girl to her meimei everyday too.. She looks forward to kissing and hugging my tummy .. When outside she will run to my tummy randomly and say baobao meimei.. I'll also show her pics of other babies which she loves to look at.. Just now told her meimei is coming soon.. She was so excited.. Everyday she'll ask where's meimei's clothes, meimei's bed.. Etc.. She wants to save her milk for meimei.. She also started treating her dolls like her meimei, 'bathing', 'wiping' , do the routines on them as we do to her and put them to sleep hugging them... Hope she works out well as a big sis!

My colleague said she did almost the same to her girl and when didi came along, she was shocked and v affected that her girl suddenly withdrew frm her even at hosp bed, refused to see her and didi.. And when didi came home , her girl will purposely shout and disturb didi.. Did alot of things .. Sigh .. She told me just gotta try .. Depends on ur #1.. I guess our reactions to #1 affects them alot.. Esp to this stage, they have everything and both parents' full attention.. then when #2 suddenly comes in and everyone is protective of him or her, she don't get the same affection and attention, she might just be confused... I guess i constantly gotta remind myself..

Oh ya piglim! great that ur boy has recovered and through it u managed to spend some quality time with him! pls continue to take care ya!

Yeah as 2nd time mum, alot of things change .. No longer so pampered during pregnancy,. In fact alot of things gotta diy.. Carry is inevitable..its actually ok.. Unless ur body shows signs of not being able to handle the weight.. Probably not as strong during 1st trimester? I carried my girl throughout.. Even up till now.. :p hmm as for the gap wise, i also got pregnant around the time my #1 turned 1 yo.. It can get abit crazy at this period when she is just past 18mths.. Getting super active, naughty and talkative.. Its actually tiring.. But who says motherhood is easy? Haha my friends go for 2 yrs gap in hope that #1 after 2 yo more stable can feed self and walk and etc.. But got new set of problems too.. Terrible 2s.. Well, there will be difficulties, if u got help will be good.. Parenthood is all about managing the phases in life! everyday our babies are growing fast and changing pattern... Never stay the same.. ;)

ST Woo

Hi mummies, I have been trying to catch up with all mummies. The thread is moving very fast. Many mummies have given birth already. So happy for them finally get to see their lovely babies. Next Monday will be my 37 weeks and my gynae review on 6 may. Sometimes I do feel my baby girl like moving down forward. No labor sign yet.

Piglim, my Edd is on 25 may. Same as yours. I'm still working. I only start my maternity leave on 19 may. Hopefully can tahan till then. I'm easily tired carrying a big tummy and feel breathless. My tummy has been stretching very tight. Baby movement super hard when she kick or move.

All mummies going to deliver jia you

ST Woo

meltie, you are right our kids changes very fast at different stages.when I knew that I'm pregnant to my 2nd one my bought behaviors change. He use to be very good boy during my pregnant y he become cranky and bad temper. He can sense that someone is going to share his love. We have been introducing meimei to him everyday and he is much better now. The childcare teacher yest told me my boy keep telling them he got a meimeI and he even go to the next class to sayang the little meimei. ....so sweet... lol....my hubby and myself try to control our temper and give more love to him.

JA13

Hi ST Woo & Piglim, our EDD v near.. mine on 23rd.. n i also start my ML on 19th same as ST Woo.. hee.. also i feel breathless at times when i was walking even sitting down.. tends to walk v slow as well.. both my legs n feet super swell.. but still feel excited another 20 days to go.. haha..

ST Woo

JA13, oh our edd is so close....we're counting down now and see who will be the next one to deliver...really like to rest at home...but try to tahan and clear as much work as possible.

CharChia

another thing is after delivery and going to see no.1, make sure you are not carring no.2... remember to give no.1 a hug and a kiss... do the same when going home with no.2 if no.1 is at home.... make sure u enter the home with open arms to hug and kiss no.1...

When no.1 came to visit me in the hospital, I left no.2 in the cot. After that i put her on my bed beside the cot, and show her no.2 and introduce no.2 to her... When I return home, my brother helped me to carry no.2... I entered the house first to receive my no.1 and introduce didi to her again and let her know he is going to join us...

meltie

another thing is after delivery and going to see no.1, make sure you are not carring no.2... remember to give no.1 a hug and a kiss... do the same when going home with no.2 if no.1 is at home.... make sure u enter the home with open arms to hug and kiss no.1...

When no.1 came to visit me in the hospital, I left no.2 in the cot. After that i put her on my bed beside the cot, and show her no.2 and introduce no.2 to her... When I return home, my brother helped me to carry no.2... I entered the house first to receive my no.1 and introduce didi to her again and let her know he is going to join us...
Wah alot of things to look out for .. Ahha i don't have much hands leh.. Only hubby and i... Hmm will try to think through with hubby how to do it properly so that #1 doesn't feel neglected and confused.. :p i keep telling my hubby that he has to take #1 out more often and soend quality time with her to play..coz i might be too held up with #2 esp with breastfeeding.. :p will try my best to play with her too.. It's really not ez man.. I hope the transition will be smooth and soon they'll be playmates!