EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Lingz12

Ruby.. mine too.. Zachary's eyes are yellow now too.. v worried abt gg to the PD tomorrow.. v scared tat PD will order admission for phototheraphy.. and it doesnt help tat there's no sun todae.. and he din seem to have pee-ed so far.. so worried.. :(

shanice99

My baby also having jaundice till now. Day 11 already. Baby keep sleeping whole day. I checked online and it says that baby with jaundice are more drowsy.. hais.. have to go back polyclinic on day 14. Oh yam doc say suntan is not recommend.. not much use.

I pump milk and freeze now. Supply not good. Only 40ml per pump. :( CL says better give formula first.

Im ok with a whatsapp group..
I am also ok with watsapps grp. These few days like no sun lei. No milk so far for me. Today is 4th day after give birth le. But got keep latch baby. Bb keep zz also.

shanice99

shanice99, babies with jaundice their appetite is not so good... 30ml every 2hrs? My son is currently taking 60ml to 80ml every 4 to 5 hrs... Keep on pumping out the excess breast milk and freeze it for future use... and pumping it out will help to increase breastmilk supply... I also keep pumping and store in freezer...
My cl feed her 40 ml. I send u my hp le.

CharChia

Jaundice can kick in at a later stage... when my no.1 discharge, 7 days later then jaundice appear but very low and slowly drop but i stop bm and use formula... i only carried on bm after she is cleared of jaundice...

For no.2, jaundice appeared immediately after discharge and raises very quickly... First 3 days of discharge, baby not eating well, not pooing and not peeing... almost every alternate day got to return to polyclinic to check if jaundice level reach high risk or not... Luckily when he start to pee and poo, he eats better and jaundice level drop... Later got to bring him back to polyclinic for a check... hopefully all still well and dropping... if not, i think i will stop bm and give him formula instead...

MrsWang, dun worry about low supply, keep latching, massaging and take supplements for milk production if possible..For no.1 my supply started to come in after 2 weeks... Then i think no.1 and no.2 the age gap quite close so this time round my milk production is faster...

For those who pm me their contacts, I have received and will set up the whatapps group... for those who wanna join us in whatapps, dun forget to m me your contact...

Hi mummies,
maybe it will be abit late? But got lobang for talk by lactation consultant at SuperMom Bazaar on 23 Aug 14!
I will be going since I am planning #2! =)

Only $15 for a 3h breastfeeding talk by Mrs Wong Boh Boi!!
What's more, a GOODIE bag worth $50+!!
And Because you have RSVPed for our August Event, you get 20% off!!
Such great deals only available at SuperMom Bazaar!!
Signup now before 30 May to enjoy the offer. RSVP members, just key in "EventMembers" at discount code to enjoy the 20% off.
Signup via Perfecting the womanly art of breastfeeding – Supermom Bazaar
HURRY!! though becos only 50 discounted seats available!!

Tannie

Lingz12, I m seeing the pd tomolo as well. My gal's jaundice dun look good too... hope she will not be retained tomolo. My gal is also very sleepy... so she suck very slow... my breasts r hard n sore too...she tend to sleep while sucking thn when I put her on bed, she want milk. .. I have been feeding n putting her to sleep since 3am to 8am thn only manage to get 1 hr sleep cause my #1 keep disturbing me.

My #1 got so jealous, each time she sees me carry bb, she will want me to carry also... haiz. .. can't rest now cause #1 keep going in n out of the room...

Lingz12

Im having problems with latching my boy.. he can latch but I tink it's a poor latch.. I have got a row of blisters now and it's super pain every time he latches.. and this morning, my nipple bleed.. sobz.. keep trying to make him open his mouth bigger but he doesnt wan.. and my supply haven come in.. so I latch to stimulate before supplementing with fm, hopefully he will pee and poo more to clear jaundice..

Yest my #1 saw her didi for the first time.. it was super bad timing cos #2 was crying.. my #1 got so scared tat she cried too.. wen didi calmed down, she was ok and went to sayang him.. then this morning she requested to bao bao her didi.. so I make her sit down and put #2 on her lap.. She was so happy.. Like playing with a doll.. but she still tend to be a bit rough with didi.. I tink too excited.. so still trying to teach her..

pipilili

jaundice

I m unsure if this helps but my confinement nanny says switching on the white light in the night (whole night) can improve jaundice. Mommies, you may try.
My no.1 daughter was also turing yellow but improved after confinement nanny did tt.

meltie

Jiayou mummies! May the jaundice all go down!! My #1 had jaundice for 1st 2weeks too!! Sigh.. Worried for #2..

I'm still baking this #2 inside.. :p getting soo impatient.. My mum is finally here to help me.. But don't want to suddenly throw everything to her.. My #1 needs so much attention , even she ask me how come she keep talking n asking qns and cannot sit downto play? She say i used to be v guai , can sit dwn n play for hrs while she do chores one... :p oh well .. Babies today are totally different..

Jiayou to mummies battling with breastfeeding too! it's definitely not ez! Keep on perservering! Mine shall start soon after delivery.. Hope not as bad as my #1...........

shanice99

Lingz12, I m seeing the pd tomolo as well. My gal's jaundice dun look good too... hope she will not be retained tomolo. My gal is also very sleepy... so she suck very slow... my breasts r hard n sore too...she tend to sleep while sucking thn when I put her on bed, she want milk. .. I have been feeding n putting her to sleep since 3am to 8am thn only manage to get 1 hr sleep cause my #1 keep disturbing me.

My #1 got so jealous, each time she sees me carry bb, she will want me to carry also... haiz. .. can't rest now cause #1 keep going in n out of the room...
I am gg to c bb doc this sun. My massage lady will come tmr. Bz bz wor.

Jiayou mummies! May the jaundice all go down!! My #1 had jaundice for 1st 2weeks too!! Sigh.. Worried for #2..

I'm still baking this #2 inside.. :p getting soo impatient.. My mum is finally here to help me.. But don't want to suddenly throw everything to her.. My #1 needs so much attention , even she ask me how come she keep talking n asking qns and cannot sit downto play? She say i used to be v guai , can sit dwn n play for hrs while she do chores one... :p oh well .. Babies today are totally different..

Jiayou to mummies battling with breastfeeding too! it's definitely not ez! Keep on perservering! Mine shall start soon after delivery.. Hope not as bad as my #1...........
haha yah my mummy says that about me too!! haha last time is 1 adult look after 3 kids.. now is 3 adults look after 1 kid!! haha

CharChia

just came back from jaundice checkup... follow up one week later... if baby still not clear need to do a liver test to make sure it is functioning well... haiz...

just came back from jaundice checkup... follow up one week later... if baby still not clear need to do a liver test to make sure it is functioning well... haiz...
It's probably just one of those routine escalating checklist that they have. Dont worry!! Baby will get better through the week!! =)

xiongmao

My little gal is also down with jaundice. She has been in the intensive care since day 2. She turns 1 week old today, unlikely doctor will discharge her tomorrow. My first mothers' day will be without her by my side. Other mummies who also have to deal with jaundice, do give your little ones regular feeds. Peeing and pooing regularly helps to clear the jaundice. This is what the doctor told me.

meltie

Jiayou xiongmao!!!! Don't worry, ur bb is in gd hands.. Once the level drops, she can be home!! :) as long as healthy , thats the best mother's day gift!