EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Lingz12

Yeah I noe bf has its pros.. but I seldom latch cos my boy is a snacker.. and I dun hav e time and patience for him to snack round e clock so I always pump out to feed.. as a result, on top of bottles still hav to wash pump parts.. then keep worrying abt supply.. tink how it is wen I go back to work.. aiyo.. stress.. of cos I will try to continue.. but realli dunno if will give up after gg back to work..

Yeah man.. taking care of 2 will kill me.. now daytime my #1 goes to e nanny so still ok.. at night wen she comes back, all hell break loose man.. she wans us to play with her but I gotta keep an eye on didi.. smetimes she gets over enthusiatic and climbs on didi to kiss him so have to always watch her like a hawk.. putting them to bed is a nightmare.. my girl cant go to sleep on her own yet.. so either my hubby or I has to pat her and scratch her back for her to go to sleep.. on e other hand have to pray and hope didi dun fuss wen we put jie jie to bed.. if nt she wun sleep.. then my girl keeps waking up in e middle of the night asking us to scratch her back.. so the past 2 nights after feeding didi tot I can sleep, end up jie jie woke up and I hav to make her sleep.. wen she finally sleep, it's didi's turn to feed again.. *horror*

meltie

Yeah i can identify lingz12.. I dread the day my cl leaves.. Sighhh i will be handling 2 bbs on my own! Can go crazy man.. Every lunch n dinner time is crazy .. Gotta feed #1, clean n put her to slp.. Meanwhile #2 cries n need to be fed n settled.. Now got cl doing that while i focus on #1.. N spend the rest of the day juggling n entertaining my #1.. Totally no rest.. She's soo active n naughty.. Sigh i am gonna hire a maid.. But will take at least a month to come.. Meanwhile i am desperately looking for help if not i'll just bite my teeth through the 2nd-3rd mth.. Hubby leaving overseas for a month in aug.. I don't think i'll be able to handle all alone day n night.. Groceries how.. I may just go insane n skinny in this cave.. Lol

hmm i have been washing hands as usual since day 1.. Bo bian.. Need to wash n cook for #1.. At night wake up to pump also wash pump parts.. Hang the laundry every day.. Life goes on as normal just that cl cooks n handle #2 mostly.. She doesn't help w #1.. So i hardly rest.. Zzz

hmm i also might just consider fm coz i may not have time for long latching, snacking,pumping, washing etc.. Fm only need to make milk n wash same as #1.. Haiz but i'll be guilty too.... Trying to tahan as long as i can.... Now storing up frozen ebm as much.. Got around 30+ bags liao.. I am also taking it ez to pump 4-5 hrly.. Trying to balance with resting...

Tannie

I m also washing hands with tap water since day 1. Especially when need to take care of#1, need to wipe her face n hands fm time to time etc

Now my baby seems to have bad nose blockage n developing cough... every night she breath v loudly. .. gona bring her for 2nd BCG injection today. ..

Lingz12

Hi5 Tannie! I dunno why too.. of cos I feel so guilty later to tink this way.. but it is realli a torture and having a #2 somehow gives mil the disillusion tat she can manage my life and my home without asking me.. Relations are so strained now I wish I nvr see her for at least another month.. Tat aside.. e night feeds.. e constantly wanting to be carried.. and to manage #1 and nt let her feel left out or jealous and at e same time trying to tolerate her tantrums.. realli drives me mad.. I try to console myself and say give me another 1 yr and this rascal will grow up.. then my life will hopefully be better..

Piglim

Yeah mil is the next issue I will face.. Damn sian right? Cos it's like u know u need her but yet u dont want to make it sound like she is indispensable.. Yet at the same time u just wan her to get out of ur sight... But u know u need to work n u can only trust family members to help take care of ur kids..

Dunno what u all r going thru but mine is super stubborn to the max!

Piglim

Meltie, ur CL doesn't help to wash e pumps parts n bottles? My CL does all these (plus washing of the #2 clothes) she also helps to cook my #1 food n train my maid how to cook for my son! N becos my son is so sticky to me.. She helps to look after n play with him when I do my pumping or eating or latching or showering (that's if #2 doesn't cry or make noise)

the first time I used her when I gave birth to #1 n I didn't hv a maid she even help me do housework! Mop my Hse, cook for my hubby..etc. now her life easier cos I got maid alrdy. I hope ur CL brew tonic soup for u everyday to strengthen ur health/womb too.

Anw I promise to tell u mummies e feedback of e mothers milk tea.. Hmm actually it doesn't really help ;/ I drank it like once/twice a day n also hv lotsa soup n the longan tea (2huge flask everyday) but still each side 60ml at most.. Somehow i feel that when i pump, i dun feel the letdown as compared to when my daughter is latching... My medela pump I m using is alrdy turned to almost e Max alrdy.. I scare if I really turn to max my nipples will soon b numb n can't feel anything.

Piglim

Haven't been slping well n enuff. Son still fever. Up n down.. Waking up 3hrly to pump but the supply so miserable.. Dunno why this time is worst than my first. I tot it should only get better? After pumping still hv to feed son with milk then take his temp feed him his med sponge him.. I m totally zombilfed! By the time I fall aslp it's only another hour to my next pump session. Think I have slpt only like 3-4 each night.

Since my #2 birth my son has been ill. He only managed to "carry" her once.. After that didnt let him go near her.. This whole week also he didnt go sch (cos he's sick) so it makes matter worst cos i can't rest well hv to keep watching after him.

Feeling damn damn depressed. Milk not enuff, tummy still like 3mths.. Can't do massage, wound still hurts, hair super irritating-oily n itchy.. So pek chek until I hv been snapping at my hubby. See my mil also sian.. Ask her come to look after my son like useless like that whole day go n carry my daughter.. End up I hv to look after my son. Grrrrrrrr just wanna screammmmmm!

Tannie

Piglim, maybe you wana take a break from pumping... lack of sleep will affect milk n mental state. .. dun be too hush on yourself. ..

gniy

But what Tannie said is true too - if you're too stressed and tired - the body can't produce milk too. 60ml per side is already an achievement! Your baby is latching too so that's a good thing. I'm having issues with the boy latching - he gets frustrated when the nipple goes soft after awhile and he kicks up a big fuss then got to bottlefeed already. I guess only have myself to blame for giving him expressed breast milk. Ugh...

mrsjlim

Hi mummy, do u use fan or air con on your new born? The weather is so hot nowadays, especially in the day time. my 3 wks newborn keeps sweating a lot especially he likes to stretch a lot which makes his face very red and sweat even more. I dun dare to use air con or fan on him as he is having cough now, but when he sweat ,his body temperature is kinda high, I scared he will have fever again as he just recovered frm high fever last week. Sigh...dunno what to so, scared he is hot and will catch cold at the same time. .

Piglim

Mrs Jim do u let ur baby wear long sleeve n long pants to slp? My daughter (also 3wks alrdy) sweats alot. We let her slp in fan n she is still sweating. I do take her temp periodically (use the cheap kind cos taking temp on baby is on the armpit, after 3mths then use the ear cos more accurate) anw I measure her cos she also feels hot (but guess its the temp) plus cos my son is sick I worry will spread (flu is air borne virus so don't wana take any chance) anw baby will get heat rash one.. First will be body then the neck area.. Once the neck recovers alrdy will be on the face. U can ask ur mum or someone to go and buy bitter gourd vine (from medical hall) to bathe the baby. The rash will recover soon. In few days time. When I bf my daughter I do it in air con room (set at 26 degree cos that's the recommended temp)

the moment I put her in e room wah she slp until so soundly.. Hahah anw once my confinement is over I will put her in my room and she will slp with us in e air com room. Cos I m taking care of her at night.

Gnly.. Thanks for being so encouraging.. I hope at 3 wk 60ml is consider Gd.. Maybe I am harsh towards myself cos I m
making comparison between my 1st n 2nd pregnancy n setting higher expectations on myself.. Been taking short naps during the afternoon to replace the loss of slp at night.. But I wonder how I can do so once I start work in end jul. ya... I m one of the last few to give birth but I think I will be the first or few to start work earlier than any of us ;(( cos I m taking only 2 mths maternity leave

Lingz12

Piglim.. try not to stress ya? Stress will affect milk supply even more.. My supply is dropping too.. now barely meeting my son's demand.. though v disheartened (cos I fully bf my #1), but I tell myself having sme bm is better than none at all.. im trying my best oredi.. and I tink after CL left I haven been sleeping well.. so tat prob contributes to e lower supply.. so prob e same for u? Rest more and perhaps supply will go up? Hope ur boy gets well soon!

mrsjlim

Thanks piglim, I use the ear thermoscan, temp always at high side like 37.5 deg c, but both ear reading always have diff temp, hmmm..maybe I go and buy the put at armpit type and try.

meltie

Meltie, ur CL doesn't help to wash e pumps parts n bottles? My CL does all these (plus washing of the #2 clothes) she also helps to cook my #1 food n train my maid how to cook for my son! N becos my son is so sticky to me.. She helps to look after n play with him when I do my pumping or eating or latching or showering (that's if #2 doesn't cry or make noise)

the first time I used her when I gave birth to #1 n I didn't hv a maid she even help me do housework! Mop my Hse, cook for my hubby..etc. now her life easier cos I got maid alrdy. I hope ur CL brew tonic soup for u everyday to strengthen ur health/womb too.

Anw I promise to tell u mummies e feedback of e mothers milk tea.. Hmm actually it doesn't really help ;/ I drank it like once/twice a day n also hv lotsa soup n the longan tea (2huge flask everyday) but still each side 60ml at most.. Somehow i feel that when i pump, i dun feel the letdown as compared to when my daughter is latching... My medela pump I m using is alrdy turned to almost e Max alrdy.. I scare if I really turn to max my nipples will soon b numb n can't feel anything.
Piglim, hmm my CL doesn't help me with #1 much.. She says she is alreay v busy.. I guess we did not state out to her beforehand.. Hubby n mu clothes are machine washed .. So frm day 1 she just let my hubby hang.. Den when hubby back to work, i hang loh.. Same for #1 clothes.. She only washes #2's clothes .. Seldom cook for #1.. Until i just lazy keep asking her what soup she cooking and just let my girl eat rice with the soup.. Else i cook porridge for my gal... Hmm she does cook for the whole family, but will have separate drink and these few days is martell black chicken for me.. I feel more strength after eating them too.. Hmm as for pump parts, she wash when she sees it loh.. Sometimes when i wake up to pump , she haven't wake up to wash, i got to wash myself.. As for #1 bottles,she doesn't wash too.. Oh well..

Hmm i let my bb sleep w CL so far in non aircon.. But some nights CL say too stuffy and hot, so she has been turning on the aircon ... Anyway after she leaves, i will be shifting the cot into my room (woohoo all 4 in 1 rm).. Hence she'll be slping in aircon with me.. Hopefully she can slp better... But gonna expect both #1 and #2 to wake each other up... Zzzz

meltie

Jiayou piglim, ya agree w other mummies that u shld rest well.. Ur supply is affected by ur body's stress levels.. As 2nd time mum, i more relaxed liao.. Supply up or down, not gonna affect me as long as i tried my best.. I'm pumping 4-6hrly.. Not too rigid abt it as long as enough to supply for my bb.. Last time with#1 was so stressed up that i did not rest well.. Sigh now w #2, i feelwe mothers gotta also take gd care of ourselves first.. If not this long journey of parenthood is gonna take a toll on us! Now got 2 bbs to handle.. Lagi no rest .. Just gotta take things easy and relax the routines abit liao...

I'm gonna hire a maid.. Looking thru the biodatas now.. Hmm really bo bian have to hire coz hubby gg overseas for 1 mth n its gonna be almost every other mth.. I can't handle 2 bubs alone in this cave.. :/

Tannie

My bb sleep in the same room as me so aircon day n night during confinement. Now I on aircon only at night. I on fan during the day.

Yap same as meltie, this time I am not as concerned about milk supply, mummy got to rest well. Actually when I ask around my office, non of them breastfeed, they gave up after trying few days and all their kids are strong and healthy. I believe if mummy is not in good health n good diet, baby will not benefit.

Piglim

Mummies can recommend a venue that's not ex to hold my bb shower. Looking at accommodating 80-100pax. My initial condo venue can't fit this no of ppl. Headache..