Edd nov 2011

durianfan

Hi mommies!!

Initially my EDD was 19 nov but my doc said will be one week earlier so change to 12 nov end up nothing happen!!!

Just went to see doctor today (wed), my cervix is not dilated! =.= he said maybe got to wait another one more week.

But guess what my water bag burst around 10plus, so right now I'm lying down at Kandang Kerbau Hospital waiting for the right timing. No pain for now only got contractions. So excited!! :D
Go.. Go... Go!! Jia You :D

MummyJan

Missyqiqi: Jia you! Jia you!!

Sherwawa: I was at mah on 1 nov abt 11am plus. I waited till 1plus & my gynea's nurse called to inform me tt mah hav shortage of beds. My gynea ask if we mind switching hosp. If nt, I might need to rest at walkway if I were to deliver. My bill is charged based on glene package.

Hotmilktea: Intially I was on bf, Bt my boy refused to latch on. Bck hm, I tried to pump Bt too little milk. Need to add on formula milk. Keep worrying if my boy is not full enough or if I ate anything wrong might affect him tis & tt.
I gave up on bf, nw on total formula.
My boy is also inpatient when shower & changing diapers. Worst still when he's hungry... He will yell & cry at his top of his voice till his entire little face turn red... At night, after feeding & changing of diapers his eyes are wide looking ard. Tried many ways to coax him to slp Bt all last only a while.... Super duper tiring!!

sandywxy

want to sell: Capella S230 premium cony stroller! & Brand new Avent Electronic Breastpump!
Selling Capella S230 premium cony stroller @ $220
* Used less than 10 times. Bought this year!
Perfect condition!
Retailing @ $399 at Mothercare!

-

Selling Avent electronic/manual single breastpump @ $160
100% Brand new in packaging!
Comes with Free breast shield!

Prices can be negociated!
Sms @ 98899784​

hotmilktea

Is not easy to total breastfeed, need a lot of detetmination.
I got flu now and because of the medication, my boy got to be on formula till I m ok, yet I need to pump every 2 hr to maintain supply.

My boy don't eat well, whether formula or breastmilk. but he poo and pee well, so I think is ok, since every bb is different.
nx wk there is a review and injection, hear what his PD say abt his weight then.

Missyqiqi: Jia you! Jia you!!

Sherwawa: I was at mah on 1 nov abt 11am plus. I waited till 1plus & my gynea's nurse called to inform me tt mah hav shortage of beds. My gynea ask if we mind switching hosp. If nt, I might need to rest at walkway if I were to deliver. My bill is charged based on glene package.

Hotmilktea: Intially I was on bf, Bt my boy refused to latch on. Bck hm, I tried to pump Bt too little milk. Need to add on formula milk. Keep worrying if my boy is not full enough or if I ate anything wrong might affect him tis & tt.
I gave up on bf, nw on total formula.
My boy is also inpatient when shower & changing diapers. Worst still when he's hungry... He will yell & cry at his top of his voice till his entire little face turn red... At night, after feeding & changing of diapers his eyes are wide looking ard. Tried many ways to coax him to slp Bt all last only a while.... Super duper tiring!!

YuXuaN

Hi YuXuan,

I would love to carry my baby till full term but too bad he needs to b induced 3 wks earlier.....he's 5 days old now....thank god he's ok.....just some slight jaundice which needs to b monitored these few days.
Glad to know he is ok. Enjoy the bonding time with your baby!

Hi mummies ....
I have safely delivered my princess on 11.11.11 @ 10.48am @ PEH without any assistance or pain reliever... It was quite a fast delivery. Had my contraction started from about 2.30pm on 10.11.11 and I was at work at that time , and the contraction interval was for every hour for few seconds so called my hubby to fetch me from work before any unwanted things happen at work. about 4 pm went back home , take my bath and my dinner ... Still resting at home enduring the contraction. At about 8.30 am my contraction was really bad and it comes in every 10 mins so decided to go to hospital and informed ny gynae on my way there... Reached PEH about 9.30 am an was pushed straight to labour ward and was actually 7cm dilated already .. At 10.40 I was fully dilated and my gynae is already with n start my pushing exercise. With 2 pushes my little chubby princess was born weighing 3.625kgs , 51cm in height and head circumference of 33cm. My gynae inform me that my little princess really wants this special date cos she is just 37 weeks 3 day gestation ...
Congrats Yatie! :biggrin:

Hi mommies!!

Initially my EDD was 19 nov but my doc said will be one week earlier so change to 12 nov end up nothing happen!!!

Just went to see doctor today (wed), my cervix is not dilated! =.= he said maybe got to wait another one more week.

But guess what my water bag burst around 10plus, so right now I'm lying down at Kandang Kerbau Hospital waiting for the right timing. No pain for now only got contractions. So excited!! :D
Jiayou, Jiayou!!! :Dancing_tongue::Dancing_wub:

Went for my check-up this afternoon, everything is normal, baby is weighing 3.3kg. Gynae says can try for normal delivery (yay!). Now its just waiting...:wideeyed:

escago

hello mummies,

congrats to all who have already given birth and are cuddling your precious in your arms :) really super envy! Thanks for sharing what's your life after giving birth, it is even more challenging than being pregnant. I am going to experience that soon, really hope I can cope ...

hey missyqiqi, hope everything is good for you! jia you! I may be seeing you in KK soon haha.

I had contraction since yesterday 7.45pm till now, but the interval has not reached a point that I need to go hospital. I was given a 10mins interval gauge before I should head to hospital. My Edd was already over (14 Nov), so getting a bit gan cheong. Concerned family members and friends have been asking me everyday, I also a bit stress... sometimes I really wonder if it is due to my age that is causing the delay in contraction.

Had discussed with dr and planned for induction tomorrow. But probably bb also dun want to be induced, so got some contraction sign yesterday. Hopefully will get stronger contraction later so that I can quickly go hospital. Wish me luck! :)

shebride

hello mummies,

congrats to all who have already given birth and are cuddling your precious in your arms :) really super envy! Thanks for sharing what's your life after giving birth, it is even more challenging than being pregnant. I am going to experience that soon, really hope I can cope ...

hey missyqiqi, hope everything is good for you! jia you! I may be seeing you in KK soon haha.

I had contraction since yesterday 7.45pm till now, but the interval has not reached a point that I need to go hospital. I was given a 10mins interval gauge before I should head to hospital. My Edd was already over (14 Nov), so getting a bit gan cheong. Concerned family members and friends have been asking me everyday, I also a bit stress... sometimes I really wonder if it is due to my age that is causing the delay in contraction.

Had discussed with dr and planned for induction tomorrow. But probably bb also dun want to be induced, so got some contraction sign yesterday. Hopefully will get stronger contraction later so that I can quickly go hospital. Wish me luck! :)
Escago and missyqiqi: Jiayou x 3!!

waititng patiently for my baby to pop too.. went for checkup last thursday but there is still no dilation..n my due date is coming tue..getting gan cheong too.. hope he can come out soon to avoid induction too.

To all moo moo mummies: thanks for sharing your bf experience! just to check, do ur bring ur own breast pump to hospital?

Sherwawa

I wonder if missyqiqi ve popped..

Escargo n shebride: do keep us update of yr progress. I d Nt bring my own pump to hospital cos I tot can latch on straight away. Who knows bb gt admitted to nicu so I rent from MAH. It only costs $20 throughout hospitalization n includes sterilization of e bottles n spare parts. Therefore, I think it's beta to use hospital pump. If I bring my own, I need to bring my sterilizer along..

mrswan

Hi mummies,

Just checked on Friday that Im 2cm dilated and going MAH tml, hopefully it keep dilate, if not, got to induce.. I cannot wait till my due date (26 Nov), baby weight is already 3.5kg, if she keep gaining weight, I will have hard time giving birth or end up C Sect.

Any mummies here dilated 2cm and no progress after few days or weeks?

escago

Hello mummies :)
Reporting from kkh. I have given birth to my little girl at kkh on 19 nov afternoon. She is overdue by 5 days and is 3.7kg, 51cm :)
The whole labor process started on 18 nov 10pm; I was dilated for 3cm when I checked in to the hospital. Then slowly dilate on my own to 4cm and cannot tahan contraction pain anymore, so I took epi at 2am.

I am glad I took it cos it was such a relief. Then they broke my water bag at 6am and I was only 5cm dilated by then. I was put on medication to speed up contraction. The medication was effective and contraction became more regular, which means pain kicks in again. So I requested for epi dosage increase. I was fully dilated at about 1pm
and can see bb's head already.

I cried when I heard that cervix is fully dilated and can see bb's head already. The nurse asked if I want a mirror to watch my birthing process and I said yes. So I have managed to see how bb arrived to the world ;) I gave about two to three hard push and bb is out. We are really happy and excited that bb has arrived safely.

Then after that doctor went on with other procedures like removing placenta, sewing up while I had skin to skin contact with bb. Her body is warm and so soft. But I felt a bit dizzy and sleepy after the whole process. As I didnt really get any sleep throughout the whole 15 hrs labour process. But feeling better now as I have managed to sleep since 10pm last nite.

Dr said the pushing is so smooth is becos of the brisk walk and swimming that I have done. So if yr doc permits you to exercise, I suggest brisk walking daily before you give birth, it does work for me :) I walked abt 30 mins in the evening. Sometimes I try to do both, ie swim in the morning plus brisk walk in the evening.

Oki I know there are lots more challenge for me and hubby after we check out of hospital, I will be back to get tips from other mummies.

All the best to the rest of mummies who are due soon!

Cheers!

Last edited:

shebride

Congrats Escago! I am in KK now, water bag burst last night but mild contraction til now. Hopefully I can see my baby soon.

durianfan

escago - congratulations :)) so heartwarming to see how your princess arrived :-D do rest well :-D

shebride - Jia you :-D nice date today 20.11.2011 :-DD keep us posted..

mrswan - Jia you :-D my due date is the same as yours. these 2 days i've been feeling BHC more often. have to wait till tuesday for gynae check up. I'm still at the waiting game..

missyqiqi - how are you ? have you popped ?

Sherwawa

Congrats, escargo! U gt a big princess! U gt such a smooth labour, u jus need 3 pushes. So amazing. I heard of stories of active pushing for 1 hr. Embrace motherhood! I find the first 2 wks of confinement most unbearable maybe everyone is still adjusting. Btw, I gt only 1 more wk of confinement to go..

escago

Thanks all for yr well wishes. Actually the nurse also warned me that there are some who took one hr to push. So she kept on telling me just push like you are having constipation... Anyway I think the mirror helps a bit cos i actually see what I am doing, so I am quite glad that I agreed to have the mirror :)

But one not so smooth thing is the epi injection after effect. The person doing it for me doesn't seem to be skillful enough that she actually injected too deep and it went into my membrance (I dunno exactly what's that but becos of this, I am suffering from very bad spinal headache now. They just kept adding pain killers for me and hopefully it will be gone soon.

Starting to feel challenging today cos bb kept crying and dunno what she wants. But when we cradle her, she stops crying. It seems that she wants to be sayang alot. But at this rate that we are going, I think she will be very a spolit princess. We tried not to carry her too much and hope we can manage it well. (easier said then done)

Hey shebride hope u have a smooth delivery on 20.11.2011. Nice date to remember. My initial plan was to induce bb on 19 nov and hopefully delay till 20 nov. But bb decided that 19 nov is more suitable for her :)

hotmilktea

My boy is 1 mth old today and it also means confinement over and I am all alone taking care of him now.

Jia you to all mummies that just pop or going to pop! It's not easy taking care of baby, after 1 mth I am still struggling.

vis

congrats escago!! wah u still had mirror to see your birth process. so good.. :) it shld be heartwarming to see hw yr lil one popped out, ya?

hotmilktea: jiayou, u can do it.. im gg to take care of my baby too after confinement for 2 months before i return to work..

missyqiqi

mummies!! Sorry for MIA.. I have popped on the 17 Nov!! Finally.. haha..

escargo: u got a big princess!! woo... salute u! Coz it's not easy! At first I also thought I got big baby, but my gynae did mention, because of my height there will be some miscalculate..

my baby girl is 2.8kg! :D

okok here comes my birth process..

Like mention in the previous post. I had my check up on the 17th but my doctor say my cervix is not yet dilated not sign of giving birth yet. Both me and hubby so disappointed haha.. can't wait to see her..

So we went home after doing our errands.

After bathing, hubby and I was talking, sudenly I stand up and told him I need to go toilet. I felt a gush of stuff coming out from me. At first I thought is blood stain, coz my dr did a cervix check on me, and it was quite a bad bleeding this time round.

But after checking I realise is actually my water bag leaking! So we change and head to KKH.

After 2 hours plus of leaking, cervix check, still not dilated, no choice got to pill to induce. Contractions starts after that, still bearable, but after 2 hours later cannot tahan.. nurses suggest painkiller coz if I'm too tense my cervix can't dilate. After the painkiller, manage to sleep for an hour plus, painkiller wear off, start to feel the contraction pain again, cervix is 5cm dilated!! Yappie.. but still got to tahan.. given laughing gas > no use one leh..

Contraction getting stronger and stronger, pain also increase. Got on doctor on duty keep on asking me to take epidural, me and my hubby keep telling her no, she still keep on asking.. feel like asking her to shut up.. During this period of time, got one experience nurse keep on asking me to push whenever I feel the urge, and guide me along.. Thanks for her!

After pushing for quite sometime, my Dr came, and my baby girl came out!!

From the moment I start pushing to my girl come out took about 30-40mins. :D

Tell u gals one funny thing, while doing the skin to skin contact..my girl pee on me.. -.-"
I feel warm water at my tummy, i told my hubby, ur baby girl pee on me!! haha..

So right now I'm doing confinement, so far ok.. I like the food actually. :p

Ohya one more thing, after I gave birth, the next day my sister also gave birth already!! Haha.. so now my parents super busy.. :p

Jia you all mommy!!

durianfan

Missyqiqi - congratulations to you and your sister :Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:your baby girl's birthday is the same as mine 17/11.. Pls rest well. Looking forward to my gynae's appt tomorrow. really hope to deliver this week.. cannot wait to cuddle my baby.

shebride

Dear all,

I have delivered on 20 Nov, bb boy is 3.4kg and labour story is as follows:

water bag burst on 19 Nov 11pm, went to hospital on 20 Nov 1.30am, admitted to labour ward at 3am, had sme slp n gynae came ard 8am to insert pill for induction as my dilation is only 1cm.. contraction is slow and at 2pm, dilation is only 2cm :( request epi at 2pm as I have the phobia of gynae inserting her hands to check for dilation (don't like that feeling).. at 3pm, put on drip for further induction.. at 6pm, dilation is only 4cm (began to worry that the labour will drag on to the next day) gynae try to stretch the cervix and then miracle appears at 8pm.. dilation became 9cm.. so excited! at 8.45pm, dilation became 10cm, gynae came n the pushing process began n finally atd 9.15pm, bb boy is borns.. (a huge relief!).. took about 18 hrs for my long-winded labour story (counting frm when I enter labour ward)

But feel so glad when I c my bb boy!

all mummies wait9 to pop, pls jiayou x 3!