Edd nov 2011

Mummy to Baby V

Congrats to all mummies who have delivered! Happy for everyone here... :)

I'm in 3rd week of confinement. So far so good because baby is very angelic and sleeps very well.
He fussed more on day 3 & 4 when waiting for more milk to come in. Latched him on every 2 hours or on demand and the milk supply increased greatly. At 2 weeks old, he's sleeping up to 4 hours a stretch at night, and I sometimes need to wake him up for feeds. Amazingly different from his gorgor who fussed frequently at night.

Mummy escago: it's ok to carry baby when she fusses. She needs a few months to adjust to life outside the cosy womb. :) Just put baby down once she's dozing off or asleep. When my boy fussed, I used a sarong sling to carry him for a while and he calmed down very easily. So sweet to see him sleep in the sling. Babies grow up very fast, so enjoy the moment. :)

Sherwawa

My bb fuss a lot at nite n I wonder if it is due to colic. It cld last from 11plus pm to 3plus am. Anyone one of any tricks to calm a wailing bb?

hotmilktea

Not really. I am afraid u got to get thru it. Newborn are just getting new to our environment, need to be cuddle to feel safe and secure.
My boy was the same too. Even now sometimes he still fuss frm 2-5am, demands more millk, but now is he is going thru growth spurt.

My bb fuss a lot at nite n I wonder if it is due to colic. It cld last from 11plus pm to 3plus am. Anyone one of any tricks to calm a wailing bb?

missyqiqi

Shebride: congrats!! Hehe.. Must take care well yah!

How's everyone coping especially mommies who have gave birth after one month? Baby more or less settle down?

Me still doing my confinement still got 3 weeks to go. Initially was alright, but now is a bit of a torture to me coz I develops rashes :,( seen doctor yesterday given anti itch medication. But feel so upset seeing the rashes on my neck, leg n tummy. Only using herbal to wash my body, n washing my hair once a week. Haiz with the rashes I really want to have a good bathe! At one time feel depress n cried because very itchy n hubby is not with me coz I'm doing confinement at multiple parents place as currently my staying place is not ideal. No hubby to hug... Even though he tried his best to accompany me even for 15mins. He will hug me n baby before he go off to work.

But now I'm ok took medication, itchy is not as worse as before. But can't do massage n tummy wrap, hopefully can get in shape soon!

Baby so far ok sometimes wake up hourly for milk some times I have the luxury up to 3 hours.
Sometime in the middle of the night I will fall asleep while BF her.. Lol both fall asleep together!

All mommies hang in there!!

Mummy to Baby V

My first boy cried often from 1-5am in the second month. He was very gassy. Things that help:
- tummy massage to help pass gas, back massage to help burp. Can view YouTube videos.

- swaddle or use sarong sling

- white noise to calm him down first, e.g. Hair dryer sound for a short while, not near ears. After calming down, use gentle white noise such as rainfall sound. I loop the white noise track through the night, again no music player near baby's head, too much radiation.

- use rocker or bouncer or swing to calm baby down, if hands are too tired

- caregiver must be very calm as baby can feel his / her tension

More info at AskDrSears.com.

All the best! :)

Mummy to Baby V

Shebride: congrats!! Hehe.. Must take care well yah!

How's everyone coping especially mommies who have gave birth after one month? Baby more or less settle down?

Me still doing my confinement still got 3 weeks to go. Initially was alright, but now is a bit of a torture to me coz I develops rashes :,( seen doctor yesterday given anti itch medication. But feel so upset seeing the rashes on my neck, leg n tummy. Only using herbal to wash my body, n washing my hair once a week. Haiz with the rashes I really want to have a good bathe! At one time feel depress n cried because very itchy n hubby is not with me coz I'm doing confinement at multiple parents place as currently my staying place is not ideal. No hubby to hug... Even though he tried his best to accompany me even for 15mins. He will hug me n baby before he go off to work.

But now I'm ok took medication, itchy is not as worse as before. But can't do massage n tummy wrap, hopefully can get in shape soon!

Baby so far ok sometimes wake up hourly for milk some times I have the luxury up to 3 hours.
Sometime in the middle of the night I will fall asleep while BF her.. Lol both fall asleep together!

All mommies hang in there!!
Oops, sounds like sensitive reaction to the herbal bath? This time round, I skip the herbs, simply clean with warm water.
Have a good rest during confinement. I'm sure you'd get back to shape, take it easy for now yah? Happy mummy = happy baby. :)

YuXuaN

Congrats to all the Nov mummies who have popped!

My long awaited day finally came. Here is how my birthing process went:

19-20 Nov: Started having contractions at irregular intervals. Since there was no bloody show & water bag did not burst, I supposed its was just Braxton Hicks.

21 Nov: Woke up at 1am & had contractions every 15-20 mins. The intervals got more intense with each passing hour. At 5.30am, contractions intensified to 10 mins interval. Woke up hubby & went to hospital. At 7am, interval fastened to every 5 mins & 3cm dilated. Epidural given at 8.15am. At 4.30pm, we were told baby was ready to come out & the pushing began. With the epidural, I was totally numb & could not control the pushing. Epidural dosage was reduced, and at 5.13pm, my baby boy was finally born.

It is almost a week & being a mummy is really not easy. I broke down on the 5th day coz my MIL was trying to control how I should take care of my boy.

It is a new journey for all of us, let's all jiayou! :Dancing_tongue::Dancing_wub:

Sherwawa

Mievee: thank you for the information. I will try them out. I did the abdomen massage twice on my bb today. Hopefully, I can see improvement tonight.

Yuxuan: Congrats! Welcome to motherhood! I don't enjoy my confinement at all( a few more days to go). My mum helps me out with my confinement. Everyone thinks it's a perfect arrangement to ve yr own mother ard during tis period. Who knows she becomes so domineering. She wanna take charge of everything. The types of clothes my bb wear(she don't like the rollers which I bought n make my Sis to buy those tie strings types), blame me for eating he wrong food wen my bb gt colic attacks n many more incidents. I also cried on a few occasions. If my own mother can aggravate me to tis extent, Wat more to expect from a MIL. I think old folks like to implant their rules on us. But I prefer my mother to help me the way I needed, not the way she perceived...

hotmilktea

Hi Sherwawa,

bear with it a little longer, old folks are like this. my mummy did my confinement for me too, she is great but there are also some things that she dont understand. i.e. ginger and wine sld not be part of my diet coz baby jaundice. my wound still hurts and i refuse to eat chicken, she keep wanting to brew me chicken tonic soup...etc. but all these is because they dont practice during their time.

my mum is great, after my confinement i handle my boy alone and tired myself to death. she quit her job and help me now.

Sherwawa

Hotmilktea: thanks for yr advise. My mother takes good care of my physical needs but neglects my emotional needs. Perharps I shld stay alone wif my boy in order to appreciate her more.

lingx

hi mummies, anyone of u did c-sect or know anyone who did it? pls share ur experiences with me. doc told me i cannt go thru natural :(

missyqiqi

how's everyone? Has all the Nov mommies pop?? :D

My rashes getting better, think is cause by the heat rash and the massage oil. Still a bit scared to call my massage lady, -.-, going to wait for a few days.. counting down to my confinement days.. :D

Mommies who's baby is more than 1 month old, how r u coping? Baby drinking and sleeping pattern getting better?

hotmilktea

the growth spurt is killing me! my boy is 6 weeks now and his feeding and poo poo and spit milk is making me mad.

how's everyone? Has all the Nov mommies pop?? :D

My rashes getting better, think is cause by the heat rash and the massage oil. Still a bit scared to call my massage lady, -.-, going to wait for a few days.. counting down to my confinement days.. :D

Mommies who's baby is more than 1 month old, how r u coping? Baby drinking and sleeping pattern getting better?

missyqiqi

the hourly feeding right (growth spurt)? I experience that last week, at night some more... really can faint.. I BF until I fall asleep...

I check online, it will not happen once,

"Common times for growth spurts are during the first few days at home and around 7-10 days, 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months and 9 months (more or less). Babies don't read calendars, however, so your baby may do things differently.

Growth spurts don't stop after the first year - most moms notice growth spurts every few months during the toddler years and periodically thereafter on through the teenage years."

But after a few days ok already right?

escago

Hello mummies,

I am in my 2nd week confinement. Sweat so much everyday and I feel like a cow now. I am feeding bb on demand and I do express out the breast milk too. Sometimes bb cannot latch on well so it is causing my sore nipple. It can be really painful but gotto bear with it. Sometimes bb need to suck for 1 hr then will be full. Cos gotto always wake her up throughout the feed. Sometimes I wish I can just bottle feed. It is so much faster compared to direct bf as bb didn't suck that fast. But felt a bit irresponsible to have that kind of easy way out thinking :( anyway I think I may be having a little blues becos sometimes I felt like crying suddenly and the thot that my mum will only stay with me two more weeks make me even more helpless. I dun know if I can cope with bb alone when hubby goes to work.

Another not so good thing is bb doesn't want to sleep in her own cot. She wants to sleep with us. If we put her back to her cot, she will cry. We call her out little terror... Making daddy ad mummy suffer every night, but we still love her lah :)

Wanna check with you ladies on something that is bothering me. How long does it take for yr private area and episotomy wound to stop feeling painful and you can really have a good "wash" for that area? Cos my area is still painful and I dun really dare to wash it too vigorously in case got infection. Felt so uncomfortable...

hotmilktea

We are all going through the same , so u are not alone ok! Hang in there :)
Baby don't know where they are sleeping at 2 weeks old. Just put her in cot more and let her get used to it.
This is to prevent her frm gettig used in the long run. Better for u and hubby.

Wash ur private part after every pee with water and pay dry. Mine took abt a mth to totally don't feel pain coz mine is forceps, if just wound sld be faster.

YATIE75

Hello mummies,

I am in my 2nd week confinement. Sweat so much everyday and I feel like a cow now. I am feeding bb on demand and I do express out the breast milk too. Sometimes bb cannot latch on well so it is causing my sore nipple. It can be really painful but gotto bear with it. Sometimes bb need to suck for 1 hr then will be full. Cos gotto always wake her up throughout the feed. Sometimes I wish I can just bottle feed. It is so much faster compared to direct bf as bb didn't suck that fast. But felt a bit irresponsible to have that kind of easy way out thinking :( anyway I think I may be having a little blues becos sometimes I felt like crying suddenly and the thot that my mum will only stay with me two more weeks make me even more helpless. I dun know if I can cope with bb alone when hubby goes to work.

Another not so good thing is bb doesn't want to sleep in her own cot. She wants to sleep with us. If we put her back to her cot, she will cry. We call her out little terror... Making daddy ad mummy suffer every night, but we still love her lah :)

Wanna check with you ladies on something that is bothering me. How long does it take for yr private area and episotomy wound to stop feeling painful and you can really have a good "wash" for that area? Cos my area is still painful and I dun really dare to wash it too vigorously in case got infection. Felt so uncomfortable...
Hi Escago ,
Yes it's not easy to be a mOther for the first time as we need to adjust ourself to a brand new environment.
But we hv to be strong and take every step slow and steady. Don't be too stressful and sad coz it won't be good
For you. Be strong and am sure when everytime when u look at yr cutie little pie's face , you will feel
Better and u will tend to put aside yr worries.....

Well as for the pain and episiotomy wound, for me so far for all my three birth , by 2 weeks plus all the stitches
Will be gone and the Pain at the private part will last for 4 or 5 days.... Is yr pain actually come from the episotomy area?
And is the discomfort is felt when u want to sit ?

hotmilktea

Oh I forget to tell u that the whole of my private part felt funny. Is like sore?
I don't know how to describe. But it also took about a month