Edd nov 2011

hotmilktea

Yes , me too. I think at this age, it's normal for them to cat nap already :(
Very tired hot, whole day must entertain, hardly got time to do other things.

Gong Hei Fatt Choy mummies :001_302:

My baby is not taking regular naps in the morning and afternoon. He actually wants to sleep (from the look of his eyes) but somehow, he just couldn't nap for about 1 - 2 hours at a go. He sleeps for 15 - 30 mins and wake up. Any mummy with similar experience or can share how to enable baby to nap longer ?

mrschic

i think u need to try to latch on as much as possible.. or pump it out as much as possible.. my sil pumped 8 times a day (1hr each time) till she got 150ml of milk each time from 30 ml. she took about 2 months to get to 150ml. Most importantly, u mus wake up at 3am to pump. she takes 9 capsules of fenugreek a day and drink 5 cups of lactaction tea. i didnt haf the time to pump 8 times a day, in the end,i'm only producing about 250ml a day only. i pumped about 4 to 5 times a day. i hope it helps.

yingzy

ya...my son also dun slp very long in e day time now... not to encourage but well u noe MIL pressure... i was "pressured" to buy the Yao Lan... and it works! gets him to slp a lil longer during e day time... but when there is con la... sometimes when he gets really cranky i have to be e HUMAN YAO LAN...

when ur babies are awake...what do you play with them?

My boy will be 3 mths in 2 days time. He's really unpredictable. Sometimes he can sleep up to 3 - 4 hrs during the day but other times he will only nap for 30 - 40mins n wake up crying. Will cry until he's being carried. Once carried, he will fall asleep within mins n if I try to put him bck into his cot, he will immediately wake up n cry again.

The worse is he die die refused to sleep fm 1 feed to the next. Got to entertain him....so tired....

mrswan

Dear mummies,

Helping my friend to sell her pram that used for just 2 months. Graco Alano Flip It pram with car seat directly from US, selling at $400. This design no longer selling in SG, She bought at $600+.

Model: Graco Alano Flip It
Condition: 9/10

Pls PM me if interested, thank you.

Graco Alano Flip It.jpg

hotmilktea

I bought yao lan when my son 1 month old! Because he cant sleep at night. Only when about 2mths plus to 3 then he sleeps well.
now for afternoon naps he sleep in, night is cot unless he fussy.

I just talk to him, tummy time, use toys with lights or music to stimulate , do exercise
and evening walk downstairs.
But my son prefer communication.

ya...my son also dun slp very long in e day time now... not to encourage but well u noe MIL pressure... i was "pressured" to buy the Yao Lan... and it works! gets him to slp a lil longer during e day time... but when there is con la... sometimes when he gets really cranky i have to be e HUMAN YAO LAN...

when ur babies are awake...what do you play with them?

yingzy

I bought yao lan when my son 1 month old! Because he cant sleep at night. Only when about 2mths plus to 3 then he sleeps well.
now for afternoon naps he sleep in, night is cot unless he fussy.

I just talk to him, tummy time, use toys with lights or music to stimulate , do exercise
and evening walk downstairs.
But my son prefer communication.
ya...nite time my son slps in e cot too...and so far he is fine with it... now e worst nitemare is coming! he is teething!!! omg... but lucky i got e teething gel...helps alot... but still a teething baby will drives us nuts!

durianfan

Yah, when they are not asleep, have to play with them. Sometimes, when I do housework / cook, I place him in the bouncer and in a position where he can see him.. then let him entertain himself for a while.

Now, I nap with him in the afternoon (coz i also very tired) on the mattress, he can sleep for an hour at a go.
Sometimes I sling him and he will also sleep longer and I can do my housework / reading / quiet time concurrently.

When you bring him down for evening walks, do you put him in a stroller or carry him ?

These few days, he super fussy with irregular feeding amount and timing and this is driving me nuts.. (like stock market, up down up down) I really don't know how to encourage him to drink more milk. really worried will he gain weight with so little milk intake ? He will "eat his drumsticks" or want to bite my fingers when I place near his mouth and appear very hungry. But when given milk, he only drink a little :( He likes to bite the teats alot and I will take it out whenever he does that. I wonder if he is teething but he is still only 2 months+??

hotmilktea

Dont worry about him not enough milk not gaining weight. I was very worried when my son drinking only 40ml or less when his peers already drink 80ml. Ur son will catch up eventually :) my son drinks every 1.5hr when he 2 mths plus to about 3 .
Only recently then he more regular at 3 hr feed 130-140ml in daytime.

When evening walk I carry him, stroller too troublesome for me.

Not bad u still cook! I am simply too tired !

Yah, when they are not asleep, have to play with them. Sometimes, when I do housework / cook, I place him in the bouncer and in a position where he can see him.. then let him entertain himself for a while.

Now, I nap with him in the afternoon (coz i also very tired) on the mattress, he can sleep for an hour at a go.
Sometimes I sling him and he will also sleep longer and I can do my housework / reading / quiet time concurrently.

When you bring him down for evening walks, do you put him in a stroller or carry him ?

These few days, he super fussy with irregular feeding amount and timing and this is driving me nuts.. (like stock market, up down up down) I really don't know how to encourage him to drink more milk. really worried will he gain weight with so little milk intake ? He will "eat his drumsticks" or want to bite my fingers when I place near his mouth and appear very hungry. But when given milk, he only drink a little :( He likes to bite the teats alot and I will take it out whenever he does that. I wonder if he is teething but he is still only 2 months+??

yingzy

when u wash his gum, try to feel his gum... is it soft or hard? if it is hard, ur son is teething for sure!

missyqiqi

hello mummies!!

wow durianfan and yingzy both of ur baby so fast teething already ah!! Durianfan if ur boy really teething you can try to let him drink the fei zai water, it helps baby to calm down during teething period.

Me going back to work next week already.. feel happy and sianz haha.. Happy is because back to work, sianz is because not sure whether I still have energy to play with my girl a not. Already send her to infant care since 1st feb, when she come home will play with her.. hopefully I still have energy for playing and pumping milk :p

So far I don't have menses wor, stop latching on since 1st feb when she started infant care coz I put her on schedule feed which allows me to plan my time and both of can sleep longer (last feed 930pm sleep till next day 530am for next feed). I'm pumping out about 200mls to 300mls each time 4-6hrly..

When previously my supply is low I keep on pumping 3-4hrly to increase milk supply, most importantly must empty breast so ur body will increase the demand. I also bought malunggay tea to drink but not sure whether it works a not coz I was both pumping 3-4 hrly and drink the tea at the same time, and my supply did increase. Maybe u gals can have a try if the pills doesn't work?

yingzy

ya! he just turn 3 months on 25 jan and now he is teething..OMG! e best part is he knows that biting his own finger will be painful, so now he takes my finger and bite! -_-'''

want to ask this qns to everyone...are your cutting ur babies nails very frequently? and how do u cut it to make it not sharp.. its like no matter how i cut...like almost no nails..there is still certain fingers where e nails is still sharp... and he will scratch himself... super heartpain when i see dat...

missyqiqi

haha.. same even though my gal is not teething yet but when she bite her fist she will cry in pain lol... then she realise she's biting her own finger.

I cut weekly coz grow quite fast... normally after cutting I will use my hand to test if its still sharp i will do something like filing but using my thumb and keep on rubbing it. It does work a little but not so totally at least now when she scratch doesn't bleed like previously when I started cutting her nails.

yingzy

okie! will give it a try... sometimes i feel e nails after i've cut them it doesn't feel sharp but 2 days later somehow got some fingers became sharp... i even went to kiddy palace to ask if dey got nail file for baby..but too bad...no such things available..

durianfan

Hotmilktea - eat packed food until sian, plus dun want to trouble my mother daily with cooking. Really mad rush whenever I cook dinner. My mum will come over to my home around 7+ at night sometimes to feed / play with baby so that I can take a breather.

Yingzy - have to file the nails then will not be sharp. I bought the pigeon baby's nail clipper and it has an attached nail fail. then like missyqiqi, i test with my hands. My baby also like to scratch and sometimes will leave marks too but not as bad as without filing.

Mummies, do your babies still wear mittens now ?

missyqiqi - I don't know if baby is teething yet. have to observe...

hotmilktea

Seems all babies the same. My boy will wake up with scratches all over his face like he has been fighting in his dream. I cut his nails weekly or twice weekly. Not only that, he pull his hair! He is born with lots of hair and now he is 3.5 mths, the hair grow so long. I can't wait for 4 months so I can shave him botak especially the weather is so hot now.

I still wear mittens for him to prevent scratches and him pulling his hair before he sleeps. During play time I took it off.

Mummy to Baby V

Time flies, baby is already 3 months old. Ironically, it's actually more enjoyable and relaxing with 2 kids now cos #1 is more independent and #2 is very easy-going. When I'm busy with something, and baby fusses for attention, the GorGor will entertain him. Ha, my little helper! :)

For longer nap, I usually use the sling or swaddle. Afternoon, all 3 of us take a long nap together.

After trimming fingernails, need to file it for rounded edges. My baby nail clippers come with file.

Thankfully, his feeds are spaced to 3-4 hours at night now. Think boys have bigger appetite?

When he's awake, GorGor and I play/talk to him for a while, put him under mobile or mini-gym, play music, then he'd be in sling following me round the house (meal-time, homeschooling GorGor, etc.)

He may "attend lesson" with us or sleep while we're doing stuff. We include him for storytime. I also try to show him some black/white flashcards for visual stimulation and to train his attention span for future learning.

When GorGor attends music class with Daddy, then I finally get 1-to-1 time with baby. Do exercise and play in front of mirror for 1 hour until he's so tired. Haha! :)

yingzy

Noted on e pigeon brand nail cutter! Thanks! :)

my son dun wear mittens anymore...cuz he likes to clench his fist...so i remove e mittens for him to relax his fingers... even though it will scratch himself...kinda way to let him learn to manipulate his fingers too cuz he will grab stuffs n toys :)

durianfan

My boy same same... Not only that, he also bites/ sucks his fingers and the mittens are full of his saliva. Then he rub his whole face with the mittens!! facial loh!! When he wakes up, there will be red patches here and there...

Mummies - do you let your baby wear socks the whole day ? Is it ok to let him bare foot (other than sleeping time) ?

How / Where do you "sit" the baby when playing / talking to him ? I usually put him in the bouncer. Sometimes I sit him against my back and talk to him but no eye contact.. Besides the bouncer, any other way to sit him and yet have eye contact ?

durianfan

Mievee,

what exercise or games do you play with your baby ?

Time flies, baby is already 3 months old. Ironically, it's actually more enjoyable and relaxing with 2 kids now cos #1 is more independent and #2 is very easy-going. When I'm busy with something, and baby fusses for attention, the GorGor will entertain him. Ha, my little helper! :)

For longer nap, I usually use the sling or swaddle. Afternoon, all 3 of us take a long nap together.

After trimming fingernails, need to file it for rounded edges. My baby nail clippers come with file.

Thankfully, his feeds are spaced to 3-4 hours at night now. Think boys have bigger appetite?

When he's awake, GorGor and I play/talk to him for a while, put him under mobile or mini-gym, play music, then he'd be in sling following me round the house (meal-time, homeschooling GorGor, etc.)

He may "attend lesson" with us or sleep while we're doing stuff. We include him for storytime. I also try to show him some black/white flashcards for visual stimulation and to train his attention span for future learning.

When GorGor attends music class with Daddy, then I finally get 1-to-1 time with baby. Do exercise and play in front of mirror for 1 hour until he's so tired. Haha! :)