Edd nov 2011

escago

Thanks hotmilktea and yatie for yr encourgement and advise on the wound part. Yes the private part is like a bit sore feeling when peeing. Sitting down will feel a bit pain too. Episotomy part not so painful now. Maybe it also depends on individual recovery rate. Knowing that it could stretch up to one month then I should not worry so much now lah :)

Ok I will stay positive cos I know most mummies going thru tough time too. I am not the only one. But sometimes when I see bb smile or sleeping peacefully, then I will feel happy already haha.

Last edited:

hotmilktea

Yes :) no matter how fussy or how tired he made me, when he smile I will melt. Haha

Thanks hotmilktea and yatie for yr encourgement and advise on the wound part. Yes the private part is like a bit sore feeling when peeing. Sitting down will feel a bit pain too. Episotomy part not so painful now. Maybe it also depends on individual recovery rate. Knowing that it could stretch up to one month then I should not worry so much now lah :)

Ok I will stay positive cos I know most mummies going thru tough time too. I am not the only one. But sometimes when I see bb smile or sleeping peacefully, then I will feel happy already haha.

Sherwawa

Hi escago, hope u r feeling beta. I do agree confinement period is Nt easy, ESP e continous sweating and breast feeding. In fact, e tot of confinement discourage me from getting pregnant again. It's expected to get blues( 50-75% of us will get it). I also cried a few times n my mum said at tis rate, myeyes will go blind. Cos it's very harmful for us to cry duri g tis period. I find on days wen I ve beta rest, I don't feel so depress or blues. I feel more cheerful after e first 14 days of confinement. Although, i ve yet to find joy in motherhood, ke ke. May everyday gets beta for everyone of us.

escago

Hi escago, hope u r feeling beta. I do agree confinement period is Nt easy, ESP e continous sweating and breast feeding. In fact, e tot of confinement discourage me from getting pregnant again. It's expected to get blues( 50-75% of us will get it). I also cried a few times n my mum said at tis rate, myeyes will go blind. Cos it's very harmful for us to cry duri g tis period. I find on days wen I ve beta rest, I don't feel so depress or blues. I feel more cheerful after e first 14 days of confinement. Although, i ve yet to find joy in motherhood, ke ke. May everyday gets beta for everyone of us.
Thanks Sherwawa :)
I think I will be better today and tomorrow cos hubby is at home over the weekend haha. I found that I dun have much rest becos after feeding bb, I gotto quickly go and pump out milk cos sometimes I will have dripping milk from the right nipple. So that I can prevent engorgement. That's why I say that I feel like a cow haha.

I just hope that I can quickly get the hang of taking care of her when I am alone. I must hang in there for bb. You take care too! Actually I also have second thought abt having another one. But I guess this thought will go away after we are more experienced in handling bb :) Jia you to all of us!

durianfan

Hi Nov mummies,

Counting down to end of confinement ?? How are all of you ?

I just finished 1 week of confinement and yes!! 3 more weeks to go :nah: same as you gals, the endless sweat is driving me crazy!! plus, my baby refused to suckle.. He suckled for a while and then stopped.. I believe he is having nipple and teats confusion, mummies, do you have any tips to help him suckle better or to want the nipple ? He cried loudly and refused to latch on at times especially when he is hungry. I need to pump out the milk after that to keep the supply coming in.. Like wat escago mentioned, I do feel like a cow!! milking every few hours..

and yes, here's the birth story of my baby who was born on 22.11.2011.

4.00am : Felt a gush of fluid and initially I thot my water bag burst.. woke up and realised it was bloody show. contraction was mild and irregular.

5.00am : Reached TMC and was hooked onto CTG. Nurse check and cervix not dilated.

6.00am : Baby's heartbeat not reactive from CTG chart. Put on oxygen mask to see if Baby will become more active.

7.00am : Gynae arrived and checked cervix again. not dilated. He mentioned that baby's heartbeat still not reactive and placed me on drip to stimulate activity. He said if there's improvement after drip for 30 mins, then ok to go for natural birth else need to prepare for emergency c-sect.

7.20am : He came by again. There was improvement in baby's activities but after consideration again, he said it's better to go for emergency c-sect. He explained that though baby's activities have improved, he is concerned with the long
non-reactivity earlier and with no dilation in cervix plus mild and irregular contraction, it will take at least 10 hours if go for natural birth. He is concerned that baby may be distress later and rather be safe than sorry.

We accepted his explanation and yes, everything happened so fast to prepare for c-sect. We just wanted my baby to be safe and healthy.

8.50am : Baby prince's first cry was heard :001_302::001_302: guess what!! my baby went swimming and had the umbilical cord round his neck 4 times!! When my gynae saw it, he went Wow!! now we know what happened!! Gynae mentioned that it has been a long time since he last saw such a long cord!! My hubby saw the cord round the baby's neck and he was so shocked coz it was very thick!! We were so happy when we heard his loud and vibrant cry!!

Just 6 days earlier during the routine check, gynae scanned and found no cord round the neck!

We were thankful that gynae made the right decision and could not imagine the consequences if went through long labour.

We were also blessed with a good anesthetist who made me feel painless during the adminstration of epidural. She was gentle and encouraging. The moment she noticed that I began to shiver, she immediately asked for bottle warmer to warm both sides of my neck and hot air tube to warm my chest area. Luckily, there was no vomitting or fever. She stood by my side throughout and explained to me what the gynae was doing. She accompanied me to the recovery room and stayed with me till I was ready to be pushed to the ward. She ensure that I was kept warm all the time to minimize the shivering. She also came by the ward later to check on me.

When daddy was excited and busy taking photo of baby, she jokingly reminded him that mummy had a share of baby too!! The most amazing thing was that when they placed the baby on my body, my shiver completely stopped (without the bottle warmer and hot air tube)! I cried.. I was so thankful.

angel84

wow congrats! May i know the name of the anesthetist? cos im delivering in TMC as well. thought i may request for her since hear such gd feedback abt her from you. :)

Hi Nov mummies,

Counting down to end of confinement ?? How are all of you ?

I just finished 1 week of confinement and yes!! 3 more weeks to go :nah: same as you gals, the endless sweat is driving me crazy!! plus, my baby refused to suckle.. He suckled for a while and then stopped.. I believe he is having nipple and teats confusion, mummies, do you have any tips to help him suckle better or to want the nipple ? He cried loudly and refused to latch on at times especially when he is hungry. I need to pump out the milk after that to keep the supply coming in.. Like wat escago mentioned, I do feel like a cow!! milking every few hours..

and yes, here's the birth story of my baby who was born on 22.11.2011.

4.00am : Felt a gush of fluid and initially I thot my water bag burst.. woke up and realised it was bloody show. contraction was mild and irregular.

5.00am : Reached TMC and was hooked onto CTG. Nurse check and cervix not dilated.

6.00am : Baby's heartbeat not reactive from CTG chart. Put on oxygen mask to see if Baby will become more active.

7.00am : Gynae arrived and checked cervix again. not dilated. He mentioned that baby's heartbeat still not reactive and placed me on drip to stimulate activity. He said if there's improvement after drip for 30 mins, then ok to go for natural birth else need to prepare for emergency c-sect.

7.20am : He came by again. There was improvement in baby's activities but after consideration again, he said it's better to go for emergency c-sect. He explained that though baby's activities have improved, he is concerned with the long
non-reactivity earlier and with no dilation in cervix plus mild and irregular contraction, it will take at least 10 hours if go for natural birth. He is concerned that baby may be distress later and rather be safe than sorry.

We accepted his explanation and yes, everything happened so fast to prepare for c-sect. We just wanted my baby to be safe and healthy.

8.50am : Baby prince's first cry was heard :001_302::001_302: guess what!! my baby went swimming and had the umbilical cord round his neck 4 times!! When my gynae saw it, he went Wow!! now we know what happened!! Gynae mentioned that it has been a long time since he last saw such a long cord!! My hubby saw the cord round the baby's neck and he was so shocked coz it was very thick!! We were so happy when we heard his loud and vibrant cry!!

Just 6 days earlier during the routine check, gynae scanned and found no cord round the neck!

We were thankful that gynae made the right decision and could not imagine the consequences if went through long labour.

We were also blessed with a good anesthetist who made me feel painless during the adminstration of epidural. She was gentle and encouraging. The moment she noticed that I began to shiver, she immediately asked for bottle warmer to warm both sides of my neck and hot air tube to warm my chest area. Luckily, there was no vomitting or fever. She stood by my side throughout and explained to me what the gynae was doing. She accompanied me to the recovery room and stayed with me till I was ready to be pushed to the ward. She ensure that I was kept warm all the time to minimize the shivering. She also came by the ward later to check on me.

When daddy was excited and busy taking photo of baby, she jokingly reminded him that mummy had a share of baby too!! The most amazing thing was that when they placed the baby on my body, my shiver completely stopped (without the bottle warmer and hot air tube)! I cried.. I was so thankful.

adelynn

Wanna Dress Your Pretty Baby/Kids & Yourself Up? Or Want to Find Something Unique for Give Aways to Friends & Family?
Want Something Unique or a Matching Set?
Personalized HairBows, HairClips, HairTies for Girls
Personalized LanYards, Pacifier Clips, Toy Clips & Bib Clips for Kids
Matching HairBows & Daily Wear for Adults
Please Visit HairBows With a Twist @ HairBows With a Twist | Facebook
Like Us to Enjoy 10% Discount!

jkbb2011

Hi mummies,
i m aug mummy, and i would like to check if any mummies here deliver at MTA.
And would like to exchange the warmer bag wif my Pigeon BM storage bottle.

Or selling it at $10 for 3pcs pack.

Pls contact me at
karoyen74@yahoo.com.sg

Thank u..

lyra

Hi escago! I gave birth 2 months ago and I had a very bad tear on that area. Were you given an antiseptic lotion to wipe? Dun wash the area vigorously but always wash it with water. I took a cup of water and pour over many times until I feel the area has been thoroughly washed, and then pat dry with paper towels, then apply the lotion with cotton balls. Dun be afraid to wash it because if you dun wash it, u'll get infection.

Mine is healed within a month. After it's healed, you can wash it as normal.

Hello mummies,

I am in my 2nd week confinement. Sweat so much everyday and I feel like a cow now. I am feeding bb on demand and I do express out the breast milk too. Sometimes bb cannot latch on well so it is causing my sore nipple. It can be really painful but gotto bear with it. Sometimes bb need to suck for 1 hr then will be full. Cos gotto always wake her up throughout the feed. Sometimes I wish I can just bottle feed. It is so much faster compared to direct bf as bb didn't suck that fast. But felt a bit irresponsible to have that kind of easy way out thinking :( anyway I think I may be having a little blues becos sometimes I felt like crying suddenly and the thot that my mum will only stay with me two more weeks make me even more helpless. I dun know if I can cope with bb alone when hubby goes to work.

Another not so good thing is bb doesn't want to sleep in her own cot. She wants to sleep with us. If we put her back to her cot, she will cry. We call her out little terror... Making daddy ad mummy suffer every night, but we still love her lah :)

Wanna check with you ladies on something that is bothering me. How long does it take for yr private area and episotomy wound to stop feeling painful and you can really have a good "wash" for that area? Cos my area is still painful and I dun really dare to wash it too vigorously in case got infection. Felt so uncomfortable...

escago

Hi Lyra,

Thanks for yr advise. I weren't given any cream or medication for that area. I was told by doc just need to wash with water. But I am feeling better now after almost a month. I guess i need longer healing process. But now I try to be a "lady" and walk with small steps so that I dun open legs apart too widely. Haha :)

hotmilktea

Hi mummies, my son has outgrown his diaper and I would like to sell off my remaining balance.

Huggies Small size (green colour packaging)

2 packs of 44 pcs
2 packs of 66pcs
All unopen packs, $55.

Let me knw!

MayMom

want to sell : Electric cradle swing Sarong - Yao Lan

Very good condition - rarely used
Completed set with electric
Price : S$150
Reason to sell : Baby changed sleep pattern - latch on to sleep

Attachments

Mummy to Baby V

Guess all the Mummies here have been too busy with the babies to chat here. With 2 kids, I hardly have time to use the computer nowadays. Once using it, lots of emails and readings to clear. (Just started attended an online Montessori Teacher Training Program too.)

Anyway, we're doing fine. Baby sleeps well when it's very warm. Feeding at night is up to 4 hours apart. Hope he'd sleep through the night soon. All the very best to everyone here. Happy 2012! :)

missyqiqi

Hihi... Ya suddenly the thread gone quiet.. Think all the mommy busy with babies!! :D

Back to my own place after confinement. First few days was like mad house because baby got slightly cranky because of unfamiliar place, need to pack n tidy all the gifts, hampers etc... N got to cook my own lunch n dinner. Even though now more or less settle myself but sometimes my baby quite active, so got to carry her around to do housework -.-! Told my hubby is a good exercise for me to slim down...

But one thing which makes me quite of exhausted but still able to cope is she will start to get very cranky from 7plus till 12mn sometimes up to 1am... Read up about it, she's experience "cluster feeding" anyone encounter that?

But (*touch wood*) she's alright when we bring her out previously like Xmas party, BBQ etc... I wonder when she will outgrow this..

I'm glad hubby is very supportive, wash plates, help to pat her when I eat my dinner n bathe. Prepare breakfast n flask of ginger before he go to work...

Mummy to Baby V

Hihi... Ya suddenly the thread gone quiet.. Think all the mommy busy with babies!! :D

Back to my own place after confinement. First few days was like mad house because baby got slightly cranky because of unfamiliar place, need to pack n tidy all the gifts, hampers etc... N got to cook my own lunch n dinner. Even though now more or less settle myself but sometimes my baby quite active, so got to carry her around to do housework -.-! Told my hubby is a good exercise for me to slim down...

But one thing which makes me quite of exhausted but still able to cope is she will start to get very cranky from 7plus till 12mn sometimes up to 1am... Read up about it, she's experience "cluster feeding" anyone encounter that?

But (*touch wood*) she's alright when we bring her out previously like Xmas party, BBQ etc... I wonder when she will outgrow this..

I'm glad hubby is very supportive, wash plates, help to pat her when I eat my dinner n bathe. Prepare breakfast n flask of ginger before he go to work...
Ha... My #2 is literally growing up in the baby sling as I sling him everywhere I go in the house and outside. It's the most convenient way while I attend to #1 at the same time and prevent a fussy baby. Of course, I let him sleep in the cot or inclined chair when he's very calm.

Yes, my boy had cluster feeding for a while too, probably around growth spurt period and when he was fussy due to gassiness.
Now the cluster feeding is gone, I still feed on demand, around 2.5-3 hours in the day.

Very happy to see him growing so fast. :)

Sherwawa

Ha... My #2 is literally growing up in the baby sling as I sling him everywhere I go in the house and outside. It's the most convenient way while I attend to #1 at the same time and prevent a fussy baby. Of course, I let him sleep in the cot or inclined chair when he's very calm.

Yes, my boy had cluster feeding for a while too, probably around growth spurt period and when he was fussy due to gassiness.
Now the cluster feeding is gone, I still feed on demand, around 2.5-3 hours in the day.

Very happy to see him growing so fast. :)

Glad to see nov mummies again! Yes, I am so busy over e baby. I ve Nvr come across e term cluster feeding till missyqiqi posted here. I only knw grow spurt, hehe. I finally managed to latch my bb after 2 months of trying. Thanks to my massage lady:) my tummy is still very huge like a 6mths preggy n I ve 7kg more to shed to my pre-preg weight :( my massage lady told me I Shld ve started the massage sessions 10 days after my c-section whereas I started like 40days later. Any one knows wats e normal weight gain for bb? How much r Yr bb drinking? Mine is drinking 110ml every 2.5-3hrs. Btw, i like to recommend tis bk by Tracy hoggs "the secrets of baby whisperer". It's offers practical tips on parenting n most importantly, it makes me relook my bb n respect n acknowledges his uniqueness.

durianfan

Glad to see nov mummies again! Yes, I am so busy over e baby. I ve Nvr come across e term cluster feeding till missyqiqi posted here. I only knw grow spurt, hehe. I finally managed to latch my bb after 2 months of trying. Thanks to my massage lady:) my tummy is still very huge like a 6mths preggy n I ve 7kg more to shed to my pre-preg weight :( my massage lady told me I Shld ve started the massage sessions 10 days after my c-section whereas I started like 40days later. Any one knows wats e normal weight gain for bb? How much r Yr bb drinking? Mine is drinking 110ml every 2.5-3hrs. Btw, i like to recommend tis bk by Tracy hoggs "the secrets of baby whisperer". It's offers practical tips on parenting n most importantly, it makes me relook my bb n respect n acknowledges his uniqueness.
Hi Sherwawa,

congrats.. you managed to latch on your baby.

Mine still refused to latch till now :( can share with me how did you do it ?

Btw, are the massages effective ? can I have the contact of your massage lady ? I didn't go for any massage but thinking of it now (yes!! almost 8 weeks after c-sect) coz my tummy is still bloated. not sure if massage can help at this time.

My baby is having reflux hence he is not drinking alot at one go. Plus he has alot of wind so he grunts more.

hotmilktea

I used to worry so much y my baby is not drinking as much compare to his peers. Then gradually I don't care anymore because it only stress me up.
Now my boy feeds in 100-120ml every 1.5-2hr during day and night is about 4-5hr.

He always Merlion his milk out but now seems better as compared to 1 mth ago.

I give my boy 2 formula a day and the rest is EBM. Now he is 2 mths 3 weeks old and I left abt 2 kg + to lose. I don't believe breastfeed helps to lose
Weight fast! And I feel even i lose all the weight the body frame not same anymore!

Sherwawa

Hi Sherwawa,

congrats.. you managed to latch on your baby.

Mine still refused to latch till now :( can share with me how did you do it ?

Btw, are the massages effective ? can I have the contact of your massage lady ? I didn't go for any massage but thinking of it now (yes!! almost 8 weeks after c-sect) coz my tummy is still bloated. not sure if massage can help at this time.

My baby is having reflux hence he is not drinking alot at one go. Plus he has alot of wind so he grunts more.
Durianfan,

Dun stress over latching. My gf manage to latch on 3 mths after her baby was born. I used her method. We try to latch our bb for abt 10 mins a day wen baby is most alert n too hungry, wif a bottle standby. I stopped once he appeared agitated. My massage lady taught me on positioning of my baby n how to hold my breasts. Im Nt sure if massage helps in slimming but I'm most grateful to her Dat she helped me in BF. Btw, she also taught me how to do infant massage to expel wind. Her name is Aunty Oya 97435037. Tell her recommended by e one staying in hougang, haha. $60 per session either 7 or 10 sessions(binder, oil, cream included) she uses hot stone n will apply some herbal mask on Yr forehead n whitening powder on neck n face. n she comes everyday. The down side is we can't choose e time slot we want. She also sells binder, massage oil n cream n supplement.

Hotmilktea

You must b very busy to do feeding every1.5 -2 hrs. No wonder, u left wif only 2kg. So envy.. I rmb u put on very little during pregnancy. Oh ya, I read from an article that bF actually burns up to 600calories per day. Mayb I should do more pumping, Keke..