Edd nov 2011

lyra

How do u all handle gatherings with baby if your baby is the fussy type?! I went to a mummy n baby gathering. All my friends' baby girls sit on the baby chair guai guai, only my baby boy scream n cry, asking me to hold him n walk around, grab stuff n throw on floor. I was so embarrassed n flustered that I dun really dare to bring him to gatherings any more! Is it coz he's a boy so he wants more activities or has it got to do with my bad parenting? :(

Sherwawa

How do u all handle gatherings with baby if your baby is the fussy type?! I went to a mummy n baby gathering. All my friends' baby girls sit on the baby chair guai guai, only my baby boy scream n cry, asking me to hold him n walk around, grab stuff n throw on floor. I was so embarrassed n flustered that I dun really dare to bring him to gatherings any more! Is it coz he's a boy so he wants more activities or has it got to do with my bad parenting? :(
Dear lyra

I won't think it's due to bad parenting. I will b stressed wen my bb fussed in a quiet resturant. I'm afraid Dat pppl will judge me. But I also recognize e fact Dat bb ve days of crankiness. As yr frens r parents themselves, they shld b able to understand rather den to pass remarks. Having said Dat, I still cont to bring my bb out for gathering. I will inform bb where we will
b gg, who will b there n his expected behaviour. Nt sure if it's really effective, subconsciously I feel beta even wen bb fuss cos I feel
dat I ve done my part as a parent to teach him social behaviour. I do agree boys r more active! Must bring a few toys out n titbits to keep them busy. Cont to go out to ve fun!

White Bell

I guess boys being boys are generally more active and gets bored easily... Food n toys are great help in entertaining babies though!!

Don't give up and let him mix more with other kids as kids will tend to observe other kids behavior and hopefully be more calm and happy during gatherings...

Do stay calm yourself as kids are able to feel how we feel... No one is born a parent, we too are learning as our kids are... =)

lyra

Thank you, mummies! Nowadays, we need 2 adults to handle him. I'll bring him out but I need daddy to come along and keep him entertained when I need a breather and to really sit down and chat to other mummies/friends. Haha.

missyqiqi

Hi Lyra, I agree with mommy Sherwawa. and also try to bring ur baby out more often, slowly either ur baby will be guai guai and enjoying all the new environment around him or u get use to those stares.. :p Normally if my girl fuss outside, I will just pretend the world is only me and her and skin thick abit, and I also will tell her very nicely that u r disturbing ppl wor, just sort of indirectly telling the rest that I know my child is disturbing u all but I already trying my best. :)

Also try to pack some snacks that he like, so maybe when he fuss try to offer him some snacks to smooth him down. Hope it helps and enjoy the outing with him! Coz I enjoy bringing my gal out hehe.

lyra

Do u have any recommendations for party banners? Need for my baby's first year birthday party. Decided to host at relative's chalet.

didy

I am about to go back to Singapore for good soon. Currently I am taking care of my son all by myself. While I am excited about going back, I dread the thought of having to "share" my son with other people, ESP mil. I don't know why but she always make me feel like she wants to snatch my boy away from me or try to replace me. I don't know why but she makes me feel like I owe her a piece of my son. When i think of brining my son to see her is not that i want to, but i HAVE to. And I can already anticipate her telling me things about my boy, and I will roll my eyes and think "HELLO that is my son not your son" :(

Last edited:

White Bell

Hi Didy, have to agree the feeling of having to "share" ur child and having the kiddo being snatched away sucks! Worse... I am facing bulk of this from my own mum!! So I always joke as to how my hb is the one having il problems!! Haha!!

That aside, always remember that your child is yours regardless of who takes care of them or plays with them the most!! Furthermore at this age, they already know who we are!!

Stay happy ya?! =)

Sherwawa

I am about to go back to Singapore for good soon. Currently I am taking care of my son all by myself. While I am excited about going back, I dread the thought of having to "share" my son with other people, ESP mil. I don't know why but she always make me feel like she wants to snatch my boy away from me or try to replace me. I don't know why but she makes me feel like I owe her a piece of my son. When i think of brining my son to see her is not that i want to, but i HAVE to. And I can already anticipate her telling me things about my boy, and I will roll my eyes and think "HELLO that is my son not your son" :(

Didy
welcome home! It's been a long time. Unfortunately, it's no longer home sweet home in sg. I share the e same sentiments wif u too. I thought I can ve some peace in bkk but Dey still wanna haunt me down to visit e bb n gv me a long list of e benefits on how Dey can take care of e bb while I rest. I find it bullshit! Though they r coming to bkk in 2 wks time, I'm Alr moody from the day I received e bad news. They r someone who I dislike yet can't avoid.... Didy, Watever unhappiness do find me to bitch about inlaws, ok. Dun keep it to yourself. We look fwd to meet u on our future gathering! Btw, I will b gg no to sg on 14 oct.

didy

Hey white bell and sherwawa. Thanks for your assurance. I really need a channel to vent my feelings about the in laws thing because I can't talk about such things with my hubby it will make him angry and upset. But yet I feel very frustrated every time such discussion about when to bring my son to my mil comes up. Why can't we bring him to see grandma once a week? What's wrong with that? Why must she want more?? I don't owe her my son. Can't she just leave us alone? Sherwawa, as opposed to u, I am in Germany and the old folks hate ang mo countries that's y they never make any trip up to see my son.

Sherwawa are you living in bkk now? You will be back in sg 14 oct to visit? I will be back in sg by then so maybe we can meet up one day to vent and gossip. Haha. But most impt is let our kids play together!

Sherwawa

Didy: I like e way u put it... She dun owe yr son. Yes, I'm staying in bkk cos my hb is working here. Yes, we Shld let our bunnies mingle:) see u soon
Llynn: not yet. Wat plans do u ve?

blu

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum. EDD is 12 Nov,expecting my first baby boy!

Just ordered some nursing bras from this website www.NursingBra-Shop.co.uk
Was recommended by friends to get the Bravado silk seamless which retails for $75 each in S'pore. But u can get it from the website above at S$55 after including shipping costs (only 1 UK pound per shipment)

Wanted to share this with everyone!