EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

teriwinkle

I'm not sure where is good but am thinking of doing own photoshoot (since we have a dslr) and just need to get some props and a backdrop. Sounds more interesting. Lol.

Oh wait, are you not talking about maternity photoshoot? :p

Jesamine:681395 said:
Anyone going to sign up for photography session for newborns? Any recommendations?

did you buy the props? i see some cute photoshoot caps/bodysuits on q0010 market but wasnt sure if i shd buy...

I'm not sure where is good but am thinking of doing own photoshoot (since we have a dslr) and just need to get some props and a backdrop. Sounds more interesting. Lol.

Jesamine

I'm referring to photoshoot for the baby. :p

Jesamine

You thinking of having the shoot yourselves? Wah ... I don't think I'm that "artistic" or filled with ideas for the baby's position .. props ... clothes .. etc. LOL

I went to surf around and it seems like it is very expensive. Averagely about 150 per hour and for newborns you'll usually need about 4h (including diaper change and feeds and what not). There's this lady (my friend engaged her) who charges 350 per photoshoot (unlimited hours) and she'll give you all her shots with some edited ones. Not too sure if I should try that out. U think?

did you buy the props? i see some cute photoshoot caps/bodysuits on q0010 market but wasnt sure if i shd buy...

gracelkw

My baby tends to hit me more on the left n right side at night. To me, I think it's the legs and hands moving. Middle of day usually is in the middle of tummy, near belly button.

Btw any of you talked to any insurance agent yet?? I'm meeting one from AXA on the mum's advantage. Shall update more later
I have applied for AXA & Prudential insurance but they decline me bcos they see my detail scan report say my baby up side down & baby more to left side (right side blood flow not so good). But my Gynae said no problem cos my baby grow well...
So the insurance agent suggest me to do a scan again. I call up my Gynae, he said not necessary if bcos of the insurance then i have to pay extra $150 to do growth scan. If the result still the same then the insurance will be reject me too...

wah i checked them out - its like $290 for an hour for professional. that sounds like a good deal - have to take a look at her portfolio and see if you like her style.

i cant imagine subjecting my baby to 4 hours of photoshoot... isnt that tiring on a little newborn? moreover most pro photos are babies naked - looks nice but my poor boy will be so cold then! at the end of day a few nice photos is good enough for his first shoot... i dont think i want tons of photos cos there will be only more opportunity to take more pics (prob more entertaining when they can actually do something hahaha) its just nice to have at least one nice pic of him newborn.

You thinking of having the shoot yourselves? Wah ... I don't think I'm that "artistic" or filled with ideas for the baby's position .. props ... clothes .. etc. LOL

I went to surf around and it seems like it is very expensive. Averagely about 150 per hour and for newborns you'll usually need about 4h (including diaper change and feeds and what not). There's this lady (my friend engaged her) who charges 350 per photoshoot (unlimited hours) and she'll give you all her shots with some edited ones. Not too sure if I should try that out. U think?

nature59

There's one, you can check out his FB Tuckys Photography - Professional Services - Singapore, Singapore | Facebook. I heard that the photo shoot wun be too long coz the baby will get bored or want to sleep.

I have applied for AXA & Prudential insurance but they decline me bcos they see my detail scan report say my baby up side down & baby more to left side (right side blood flow not so good). But my Gynae said no problem cos my baby grow well...
So the insurance agent suggest me to do a scan again. I call up my Gynae, he said not necessary if bcos of the insurance then i have to pay extra $150 to do growth scan. If the result still the same then the insurance will be reject me too...
Hello Grace,when did u try to buy from AXA and Prudential? Cos the last time I spoke with the AXA agent she told me they just changed their policy and don't need any doctor's letter to buy.Did they request the report from u or they got it from your gynae?
I bought from Prudential in the end. Didn't request a report from me though I suspect they would check with the clinic since they ask for the contact. I only buy it becos I want the coverage in case of pregnancy complications and congenital coverage for BB upon birth since I don't have it in my existing insurance.However I don't like the fact that these plans can only be linked to investment linked policies for the BB coverage upon delivery.

Hi mummies, anyone knows why we need a receiving blanket? Is it the equivalent of using a swaddle?
Thanks for the answers, mummies! In this case, think I shall buy the blanket instead since it can be used for other purpose. I guess the swaddle can only be used for the initial months..

gracelkw

Hello Grace,when did u try to buy from AXA and Prudential? Cos the last time I spoke with the AXA agent she told me they just changed their policy and don't need any doctor's letter to buy.Did they request the report from u or they got it from your gynae?
I bought from Prudential in the end. Didn't request a report from me though I suspect they would check with the clinic since they ask for the contact. I only buy it becos I want the coverage in case of pregnancy complications and congenital coverage for BB upon birth since I don't have it in my existing insurance.However I don't like the fact that these plans can only be linked to investment linked policies for the BB coverage upon delivery.
Hi Apricotgem, i have tried AXA last two weeks... After decline i have tried prudential last week. They both also ask me for all the check up report so i just pass to them lor :( Today the prudential agent call me say rejected.

Mreow Mreow

Hello mummies!!

Has anyone gone for 3D/4D ultrasounds?
Read that the best time to go would be around 24-32 weeks?

Wonder if anyone has tried it?

I'm quite interested! :)
But I dunno where's the least expensive to get it done....

kbph75

Short Trip Getaway : 2D1N Harris Batam Spa Bliss For Two (Worth S$196) selling at S$1

Hi hi, looking for a short trip getaway with your loves ones once again. Good news. I am selling one gift voucher of 2D1N Harris Batam Spa Bliss For Two (Worth S$196) selling at S$100/-. Voucher valid till 31st Dec 2012.

I have won the gift voucher recently during my Aug 2012 holiday with my family.However I already went there a few times and decided to sell off.

Anyone interested you can contact / whatsapp / SMS (Kelvin Bay H/P :96305352) for more information. I will forward you the details of T&C thru' whatsapp. No obligation

Thanks .

nature59

Hello mummies!!

Ooh, I never heard about this..will you be able to see the baby face?

chaw

I'm also quite interested! How much?

Hello mummies!!

teriwinkle

Yes Nature, we'll be able to see the baby's face this way, provided he/she is in a good position.

I heard it is best to do at 28 weeks, I'm coming to 29 weeks by end of this week. Should cost about $200plus at kkh, not sure about other places. But we also can't guarantee that for the amount we are paying, we can capture a good shot of the baby though.

I asked my sis, who is a doctor, about these 3D scans cos was excited when i heard about it...
she say they actually use it for cases where they want to suss out problems with the baby more than just seeing its face (which was what i was excited with heehee)... cos it exposes the baby to extra rays (dont think rays was the word she used)....