EDD Nov'14

Taurusmom

Little hamster, my CL said will bring me to si ma lu in oct to buy the herbs for soup and bath.
She said its cheaper there. I didnt go through agency. By the way there is a thomson baby fair coming up on 20-22 jun at suntec city.
How much weight have u gained? I have gained 4 kg so far

littlehamster

si lu is where? if the CL is trustable is ok, for us we feel still need abit security (my hubby especially cos mil says there are some CL no good la, or his boss's CL horrible stories) thus we went ahead with agency. for me, i have a few friends who used CL from pem, so i requested for those few..

i taking half day on 20th, maybe go have a look wads there at the thomson baby fair. i feel the workshops need to pay like abit waste money

yesterday i checked, i finally gained like 1+ kg. last 2 weeks went to mil place, she kept commenting and nag little on why am i still so skinny and shld be fat fat.. aiyo... :err: couldnt really eat well before this with all the nausea and stuffs... even my mum also says is ok, wait till 6mths will suddenly grow alot.

Win Won

Hi littlehamster & taurusmom,
How many meals a day do you all now at 2nd trimester? I don't have great appetite and is taking 3 regular meals a day but sometimes at night when hungry I just eat a slice of bread. Though I think I look a lot bigger than before preg, I gained act ~2kg so far.
But the thing is that I'm always thirsty at night. Such a problem as will make pee more.

Hi mytreehugger,
I'm also introduced to the different packages. I am confused to what I want too. Initially I am thinking of csection but friends keep discouraging me cos long recovery period like2-3mths while natural very fast heal they say. I am not young…36yrs so like u have the worries of body strength, also I very scared of pain…
Anyway the decision will come a lot later…so just kiv first for me.

Last edited:

Taurusmom

Sorry i meant si ma lu near the bugis temple. They sell dry products and herbs. The thomson fair is free admission. Im just going to see the products.
wow u only gained 1 kg! Did u vomit alot? I guess i gained so much cos i didnt vomit at all. But im afraid i will gain too much in the remaining mths.i targeting to gain 10-12kg. Some of my friends gained 20kg throughout pregnancy. Which gynae are u seeing?

Taurusmom

Winwon, im eating 3 meals a day and snack when hungry. My appetite still gd and i didnt vomit at all. I do have alot of cravings.
I try not to drink too much water as im afraid of water retention and i tend to wake up at night to pee. Do u feel discomfort when u get out of bed in the morning? I feel the pressure on my bladder. I wake up few times at night to release my bladder. By the way i have constipation too.
in still drinking coffee as i find it hard to quit. At this point i cant feel my babys movement yet. Not sure when cant we feel it.

Win Won

hi taurusmom,

i don't feel discomfort when i get out of bed to pee..maybe cos every night i still wake up 3-4 times to pee. they say 2nd trimester better…but i hardly find much improvement. my sleep is disturbed daily due to pee or can't sleep…not easy since preg.
constipation i on and off have. but i try to take some fruits, papaya and certain kind of banana mom buy to ease the problem.

I don't drink coffee since preg..like u i am coffee drinker before preg. now everyday i find myself so sleepy dunno if lack of caffeine or disturbed sleep.

I am not too sure if its baby movement but i feel some bubble like things that pop against my stomach recently. Wonder if its gas or baby..haa I'm a first time preggie so no experience at all!

have u start taking tonics or some herbal soup?

Taurusmom

Hi winwon,
i find that coffee ease my constipation. I sti drink it few times a wk as the doc said once a day is fine. I think the bubble like feeling shd be the baby's movement. It's commonly beong described as bubble poping or gas.
I read that herbal soup should be avoided during preganancy. I only drink bird nest once a wk for now.

littlehamster

i vomited alot.. :( hungry also vomit, eat too full aso vomit, eat "wrong" thing also vomit. till now i duno wad to eat also. there is one period when i can only stomach white bread (yes white only, the wholemeal makes tummy very acidic).. this baby so picky eater hehe... starting i have morning sickness, then became gastric, then indigesiton. now i eat like 6-7 small meals a day.. tried sour plum, ginger tea, lemon, all like no use...

i just saw my tcm yesterday, he say tonics / herbal soup in moderation, but my body is heaty and many pimples (plus could be the weather), he advise no need tonics for me..

mytreehugger

Hi Littlehamster, hang in there. I am on my week 17, lost 2 kg in 1st trisemester, but only gained back 0.5kg so far. I did not vomit much but eat little portion 4 times a day at least. some of my friend start to gain on 5th mth onward, which the biggest gain in 7th mth. So you still have time....
Every night i am still waiting for the baby movement to come...also can't differentiate whether it's due to gas or really the baby..hehe

For Taurusmum, congrats if you gain 4kgs!

I am considering PEM, but have not booked on coz i am still talking to some CL recommended by friends. Pls let me know any good names to recommend. Thanks.

Win Won, did you go ahead to book the room at TMC? anyone knows Mt. A hospitalisation charges?

Win Won

Hi mytreehugger,
I'm not using Thomson. Btw wld u want to try write to those with earlier EDD? Maybe they give birth already and can help u more with charges?

Hi Ladies,
I'm wondering if you experience any lower abdomen pain or discomfort this far into yr pregnancies? I'm having that already 2 days…

Last edited:

littlehamster

Win won, I have this feeling heavy feeling but not much discomfort. Maybe is uterus pressing on intestines?

Btw My bb very cooperative last Friday :p and... it's a boy! Hubby was saying I have too many breakouts thus High chance is boy

Attachments

Win Won

littlehamster, my lower abdomen pulling comes on and off one…some days have some days no.

congrats on having a boy… when will u start buying bb's stuff? :)
my dr says mine will be a girl and i saw obvious 3 lines…kekeee.
actually for my preg i don't look much different from pre-preg. i have ms and pimples but all not that much!
i'm looking fwd to the detailed scan to see more!

my hubby is stuffing me with lots of food recently…aiyoh from durian to steaks...hopefully my girl will be in normal weight by the time she's due! this wk tummy feel so round…feel like very full like of feeling. Dunno how its like when even bigger. heeee….
Understd that u planning for natural birth…how have u been preparing it?

Last edited:

BabyDF

Hello Mums-to-be....

Been a while since i log in...
Anyway just to update that I have gained alot of weight this 2nd tri... I was a 48kg and now I am at 58kg. I am feeling so heavy.. LOL!
I do lost 4kg in my 1st tri.. but gained all those weight back.

Anyway, I am thinking of going for some exercise and go for prenatal course etc.. anyone here is familiar with this? Can share with me...
=)

I am excited for my 5th detailed scan on this 30th June. Hopefully its all good..

gniy

Hi all! I'm a May 2014 mummy doing my last week of confinement now. I would like to recommend my confinement nanny Xiumei who is pretty young for a CL. She's from Malaysia and as she's young it's easier to communicate with her. She's pro-breastfeeding and she's into putting schedules as well (feeding 3 hourly instead of on demand). If you are keen to hire her, you can PM me. Just to clarify - I'm not an agent just someone who wants to share good stuff :)

Win Won

Hello Mums-to-be....

Been a while since i log in...
Anyway just to update that I have gained alot of weight this 2nd tri... I was a 48kg and now I am at 58kg. I am feeling so heavy.. LOL!
I do lost 4kg in my 1st tri.. but gained all those weight back.

Anyway, I am thinking of going for some exercise and go for prenatal course etc.. anyone here is familiar with this? Can share with me...
=)

I am excited for my 5th detailed scan on this 30th June. Hopefully its all good..

Wow BabyDF, :001_302: on the weight gain! seems like u are enjoying all the good food! is yr tummy showing already?
I start to feel heavy recently… I've not been weighing cos no scale at home, last weigh is up 2kg…. but notice varcious veins pooping out. so scared! hopefully will not worsen.
also recently have backaches…so aching lo almost whole of the days.

i am also thinking joining prenatal courses…on the look out too.

littlehamster

Hello mummies!

I just signed up for childbirth education classes with tmc under mrs wong boh boi at the tmc baby fair. About $30 cheaper than sign online.

Also just started yoga with my neighbour, we engaged a yoga trainer to come our area to give us lessons. Heard yoga helps with natural delivery.

Last edited: