EDD Nov'14

BabyDF

i am thinking of extending my ML to unpaid leave but must clear my remaining AL lor.
All because I am thinking of the lil bub.. cant bear to leave him at a very young age... 3months plus barely 4 months to leave him! I can't.

Am still waiting a response from my higher management if they are ok if i extend leave up to baby 6 or 8 months.
I am taking early ML due to my placenta previa... my hubby wants me to rest more before baby pop.

How about u mummies.. u all clearing 16 weeks straight ML?

For SAHM, i salute u! hehehe..

littlehamster

Babydf: before We miss eachother, wish u smooth and safe delivery!

I think single room shld be ok? At least I find no need to bother abt other ppl and Baby n hubby can stay in.

By the way, my company calculated maternity leave if taken whole stretch, last 8 weeks will be also calculated as weeks instead of working days, then public holidays will be "eat" up. I took some annual leave in between first 8 and second 8 to earn back my Xmas n New year day PH

BabyDF

So how do u apply ur leave?
8 weeks straight is required to apply. After 8 weeks, you use ur AL for those weeks that have PH in it? Then u continue ur ML again, is it like that?

This ML is actually very confusing.

Babydf: before We miss eachother, wish u smooth and safe delivery!

I think single room shld be ok? At least I find no need to bother abt other ppl and Baby n hubby can stay in.

By the way, my company calculated maternity leave if taken whole stretch, last 8 weeks will be also calculated as weeks instead of working days, then public holidays will be "eat" up. I took some annual leave in between first 8 and second 8 to earn back my Xmas n New year day PH

littlehamster

I apply as follows:

off in lieu 27 Oct 2014 (1day)
1st 8 weeks 28 Oct to 22 Dec 2014 (56days)
Annual Leave 23 Dec to 30 Dec 2014 (5days)
2nd 8 weeks 31 Dec to 27 Feb 2015 (40working days)

return on 2 March 2015

my HR said if I apply continuously, public holidays will be included in the 2nd 8weeks, so I apply 5 days annual leave to earn back 2days PH days

Taurusmom

Hi mummies, glad to hear that all are well. Im into 37 wks... Been busy with the preparations and packing my room.
my girl is 2.2 kg at 35wks. Anyone EDD on 23nov and delivery in thomson? I hope to know more friends through this forum and exchange mothercare experiences.

BabyDF

Hi Mummies.. im at 37weeks and 5 days. Im delivering thru c sect next Friday at Thomson. Im VERY nervous as this is my first time.
At current, baby is already weighing 3.2kg!! Isnt he big.. hahhaa.. as long healthy im fine. Guess he is following his dad's roots. Tall little guy.

Jiayoh mums! Its our last stretch of weeks/days... so lets stay calm and wait for the day!! (Altho im already scared to the brim).. hehehe..

Taurusmom

Jiayou babyDF!! Im 36 wks 4 days. All the best to your delivery.
im extremely nervous too! Just bought a diaper bag online hehe:)
im going to buy confinement herbs this wkend.

diorly

hi. A very popular n highly recommended confinement nanny available on 18th Nov onwards for 28days. Pm me if keen to engage her srvc!

ast0212

Taurusmom:884885 said:
Hi mummies, glad to hear that all are well. Im into 37 wks... Been busy with the preparations and packing my room.
my girl is 2.2 kg at 35wks. Anyone EDD on 23nov and delivery in thomson? I hope to know more friends through this forum and exchange mothercare experiences.
Hi Taurusmom, my edd is 23/11 too! But I'm in Aust. Should be about 2+ weeks since my other two came out about a week early. Getting heaps of BH contractions too.

I have yet to prepare baby clothes and hospital bag. Been so busy with the kids and my business I haven't had time to wind down yet! Still a bit more time, I hope hahahah. If anything I'll just grab some baby singlets, and a spare change of clothes for myself hahah.

All the very best for all of you! Maybe it be a beautiful and empowering experience, and enjoy the bonding time with your bub!!

lostinsg

@babydf

hi..I delivered my bb in May this yr and I was staying with Thomson medical centre.. We took the suite cos they offered huge discounts cos we were staying with them for the past 2 delivery.. This is my 3rd.... I like the nurses and the facility... Hubby also requested 1 bedded for the 1st 2 times and it's good.. No need to share toilet with ppl, hubby can sleep on the sofa.. Bb can push into the room when u need to breastfeed... A lot of privacy.. Your hubby is good to offer.. :) jia you !

BabyDF

Hi lostinsg

That's great news to hear. I nv have a friend that i personally know gave birth in TMC for 1 bedded. But i do heard alot of compliments abt their nurses for being nice and all. I hope i do get great team for my delivery.
Im left with 4 more days to 7 nov and God knows how im feeling.
Anyone experienced Csect and had their hubby with them in the labour ward? Can share.. ?
And im taking spinal anaesthetic. I heard poking thru the spine is quite painful. My fren told me to take GA but my hubby wants me to be in the ward with me. We want to see our baby once he is out.

QUOTE=lostinsg;885244]@babydf

hi..I delivered my bb in May this yr and I was staying with Thomson medical centre.. We took the suite cos they offered huge discounts cos we were staying with them for the past 2 delivery.. This is my 3rd.... I like the nurses and the facility... Hubby also requested 1 bedded for the 1st 2 times and it's good.. No need to share toilet with ppl, hubby can sleep on the sofa.. Bb can push into the room when u need to breastfeed... A lot of privacy.. Your hubby is good to offer.. :) jia you ![/QUOTE]

lostinsg

Hi babydf

yup.. They r nice.. And the room is comfy too.. Tho for hubby, it's Abit tough.. Lol.. He said the sofa is Abit hard.. But you can request for more pillows.. ;) Their admin ppl also nice.. Cos I wanted the same room number for all my bb and they did tried their best to accommodate.. :) Hope you have a great team for your delivery!

It's ok to feel anxious.. I had that for all my delivery... Lol... Never one the same.. All different experience... Don't know about csect... But I had epidural.. They also poke to the spine... It was painful but bearable.. In my opinion, it's priceless to be able to see your bb when he/she comes out the 1st time... :)

BabyDF

Hi lostinsg
Thanks alot for the heads up ... hope all is well.

Congrats on ur 3 lil bundle of joy. This is my first and i dont know what to expect. All i know....im gonna meet this lil one this Friday if God wills it.

Thanks again. And good luck to all mummies..!

lostinsg

Hi lostinsg
Thanks alot for the heads up ... hope all is well.

Congrats on ur 3 lil bundle of joy. This is my first and i dont know what to expect. All i know....im gonna meet this lil one this Friday if God wills it.

Thanks again. And good luck to all mummies..!

Anytime... u r most welcome.. Things will come naturally.. All the best!! Also to other mummies... :)

lostinsg

Hi mummies.. I delivered my bb in May 2014 and bought a lot of pampers brand - new born diapers.. Now left a lot.. She can't use Liao cos she too big.. Want to sell.. Anyone interested??

BabyDF

How much u selling.. and what brand... i haven bought any yet coz i dont know what brand suits my baby. So im kinda waiting for the hosp to recommend and see which brand my baby can use.

QUOTE=lostinsg;885263]Hi mummies.. I delivered my bb in May 2014 and bought a lot of pampers brand - new born diapers.. Now left a lot.. She can't use Liao cos she too big.. Want to sell.. Anyone interested??
[/QUOTE]

lostinsg

How much u selling.. and what brand... i haven bought any yet coz i dont know what brand suits my baby. So im kinda waiting for the hosp to recommend and see which brand my baby can use.

QUOTE=lostinsg;885263]Hi mummies.. I delivered my bb in May 2014 and bought a lot of pampers brand - new born diapers.. Now left a lot.. She can't use Liao cos she too big.. Want to sell.. Anyone interested??
[/QUOTE]

oh.. Do u hv those free ones that comes w the goodies bag for new mummies? U can try those and see which one suits ur bb... That was what happen to me when I had 1st one.. TMC used huggies.. I tried all samples diaper I received but I like pamper brand... Mine is 90 pcs per pack... Retail price $35.90 but I would like to sell at $24.60.. Px neg...

image.jpg

Drey

Hi Mummies & Daddies...
I just signed up at the Parenthood Fair for a free digital edition of the Motherhood magazine. Its filled with lots of interesting articles as well as brochures of the upcoming Parenthood fair for the various contests.
Just sign up at Digital Magazine Sign Up - Parenthood Fair 2014 with the Promo Code PHF3 for the free digital magazine now!
Parenthood Fair from 21-23 Nov 2014 11am to 9pm.