EDD Oct 2012 Mummies

diza

Hi all, I just given birth to my baby boy on 16oct. My boy has jaundice and he is on total breastmilk. I was so upset when my boy needs to b hospitalized for his high jaundice. I kept crying. To make matter worse, my CL and mil sort of blame my bm for his jaundice n wants me to stop bm n give him formula.. I have been latching him since he's born, I'm afraid that once bottle feed him, he will not latch on anymore.. N my CL doesn't want to cup feed him.. Sigh, I feel so depressed.. I couldn't carry him long coz my c-sec wound occasionally still hurts.. I feel so sad when others can carry n play with my baby.. The only bonding time I feel is when I latch him on.. If he doesn't latch on anymore, I'll feel even more devastated..

Don't be sad!! My baby has jaundice too since Day 1 and now he is 5w 4d and still having jaundice! But it's a downward trend.. If u have enough supply, cont BF.. FM might make jaundice go away faster but BM is not the only cause for jaundice.. Even if that's the cause, IT'S SAFE AND OK TO CONT BF. Tell ur CL and MIL to go and do research. I don't und y old ppl love to "promote" FM.. Even my mom wanted to give my boy FM and I actually told my mum off! If u need more info and advice, I actually opened another thread abt this issue.. BF Babies with Jaundice.

unheardof

Hi all, I just given birth to my baby boy on 16oct. My boy has jaundice and he is on total breastmilk. I was so upset when my boy needs to b hospitalized for his high jaundice. I kept crying. To make matter worse, my CL and mil sort of blame my bm for his jaundice n wants me to stop bm n give him formula.. I have been latching him since he's born, I'm afraid that once bottle feed him, he will not latch on anymore.. N my CL doesn't want to cup feed him.. Sigh, I feel so depressed.. I couldn't carry him long coz my c-sec wound occasionally still hurts.. I feel so sad when others can carry n play with my baby.. The only bonding time I feel is when I latch him on.. If he doesn't latch on anymore, I'll feel even more devastated..
Hi CheerieGer, i gave birth on the 12th and wanted total breastfeeding without doing much research before my delivery, and now i am suffering as this is the 3rd week and my milk flow is slow still. Hence, she has been on bottle-feeding since the day 4 and i took quite a while to get her to latch again starting this week to help increase my flow. She is not very willing to latch all the time, i have to find perfect timing to get her to latch and both of us is improving each day even with her regular bottle-feeding sessions. She can now nurse and at the same time, top it up with bottefeed. That was my experience...

I felt if you are giving enough to baby by nursing, there is no need for bottle-feeding tho....
As for wound, are you wearing a band around the waist? It did help me to feel less painful...pain killer helps (a lot) too...you can still nurse with these 2 impt items for c-sec mom.

PeiPei A

Think best is to check with your PD.
For my case, my bb is having jaundice too, sun bath for 20 over days and has been 1 mth old still not recovering :(
At first my PD told me to give BM regardless of jaundice. But probably since its not recovering and jaundice level went up, he advice me to stop BM and full FM for a week to see...

Djj

Dun worry mummies , my boy also hav jaundice and only recovered when he is a month old, I bf him all the way from born. My case worse as I need to express out then bottle feed him as if he latch it take abt an hr until he fall asleep..things will only get better, think on the brighter side.

CheerieGer

Hi all, thanks for ur comments and advices.. It's been so busy and since this is my first child, many things I don't know and am very worried and anxious.. Thankfully, my boy's jaundice had finally came down to 4.4 level.. My pd say I can give him more bm.. But I got another problem now.. Coz previously, pd ask me to give formula to my bb.. Now my bb is coughing badly with alot of phlegm! My friends said formula might b too heaty for him.. He vomited his phlegm out once yest. Today he vomited his milk out.. I'm so stressed and feel so helpless watching my boy coughing n coughing and he seems so uncomfortable.. :_(

CheerieGer

Any mummies here who has encountered babies having cough with phlegm?? What can I do to help my boy feel better? I have seen his pd yest, told him about his cough but he hasn't vomit then. After we got home in the late afternoon, he vomited once.. Call pd and he said to monitor.. This morning at 5plus he vomited again while drinking bm.. Wanted to bring him down to Kk a&e but my hubby say I'm being too paranoid and wants to wait for pd clinic to open instead.. I'm so worried n feel so helpless.. What can I do to make him feel better?

hock2008

try to feed baby in smaller qty & burp baby 2-3 times during the feed. u can also try to feed baby w FM that for infant that reguriate (i may spell wrongly) I know enfa have this formula.

Any mummies here who has encountered babies having cough with phlegm?? What can I do to help my boy feel better? I have seen his pd yest, told him about his cough but he hasn't vomit then. After we got home in the late afternoon, he vomited once.. Call pd and he said to monitor.. This morning at 5plus he vomited again while drinking bm.. Wanted to bring him down to Kk a&e but my hubby say I'm being too paranoid and wants to wait for pd clinic to open instead.. I'm so worried n feel so helpless.. What can I do to make him feel better?

CheerieGer

It's getting so difficult to burp him, he will keep moving n stretching.. N sometimes, we can try to pat him for so long and he doesn't burp at all... Sigh.. Anyway, i will give enfa a try.. Thanks for sharing!

try to feed baby in smaller qty & burp baby 2-3 times during the feed. u can also try to feed baby w FM that for infant that reguriate (i may spell wrongly) I know enfa have this formula.

SJMom

Hi Mommies,

I have a few things to let go:

1. Brand New Latest design Juicy Couture Diaper Bag (black) @ $400 (Retail at $599)
2. Brand New Manual Avent Pump @ $70 (US set)
3. Brand New Avent breast shell (can be used to collect milk while pumping) @ $25
4. Pre Loved (used for 1 month) Safety First newborn bed @$50 (Retail price $89)
5. Pre Loved (used for 2 weeks) Pigeon Electric Pump @ $50 (Retail $180)
6. Pigeon Nipple Cream @$10 (Retail @$18)
7. Post Natal Corset (very tight) @$10 (retail @$25)

Supplement to Increase Breast milk supply:
1. Earth Mama Angel Milktea @ $10 per box
2. Nursing Time Tea @ $30 for one month supply. Contain goat's rue to increase mammal gland
3. Sacred Tea for Nursing Mothers @$36 (retail at $38)
4. Motherlove more milk plus 120 capsules (retail at $99)

All these are mostly gifts when I gave birth and won't be using. So i'm willing to let go at cheaper price.

PM me if you're interested or email me atthesjstore@gmail.com

owlette

Hi mummies! I'm back at this forum after a very long period of time :) Some may rmbr me from the very first few weeks of the pregnancy with an unfortunate case of blighted ovum. Just wanted to share that I'm expecting a baby boy in May 2013 and just wanted to say re-hi to some of you that have already became super mummies! :D Blessings to everyone!

New Programme!

[SIZE=+1]We have teamed up with Seimpi School of Music to bring you their Music and Dance MIM Programme for children aged 2 months - 6 years old. Registration for May classes starts now![/SIZE]

Choose either Music or Dance or choose both!
[SIZE=+1]Fees: $150 per month per course
- 4 lessons in a month per course

Drop us an email at enquiry@givingtre3.com to register!

TH[SIZE=+1]E GIVING TREE ART WORKSHOP[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Giving Tre3 is bringing the popular children's story The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein to all children in the form of an ART WORKSHOP!

Using a combination of music, story and art, children get to learn various art techniques, math concepts and even character building through this workshop!

Details of Workshop:
~
Age groups: 18 month - 6 years old
~
Workshop consists of 5 sessions
~ Workshop will commence on FIRST SATURDAY of May 2013.
~ Dates of sessions: 4, 11, 18, 25 May and 1 June.
~ Time slot: 11am - 12:00pm

~ Instructor: Mr. Eric Teow

About the trainer:
Trained in Advertising Art. Eric spent over 20 years accumulating a wealth of experience and contacts in the advertising, creative design, hospitality, media and publishing industries as a draftsman, graphics designer, industrial designer, visualise, studio manager, art director and entrepreneur.

Art Director
Besides working for several local and multi national advertising agencies and local publishers, and running in-house creative studies in Orchard Belt 5 star hotels, Eric also served as Art Director for the National Council of Social Service (and Community Chest) providing creative leadership for several national fund- raising programmes.

STRONG PASSION FOR ART
Eric has a strong passion to teach young children creative skills and freedom of expression through paints, colours and media. He believes that creativity is the essential ingredient of all learning. This builds upon studies in the US and UK which has proven art training to be useful in developing language and social skills in young children. Today, Eric has co-opted other partner-advisors, to help grow the business aggressively over the next 3 years. These include Senior MNC executives and training consultants, who together lend Growing paints a wide international business perspective and provide deep industry knowledge in electronics, IT, e-businesses, early childhood education and training services.

Eric combines both music and art; he creates a fun and enjoyable setting in every given opportunity with his students. Eric loves to expand their imagination by telling and unfolding stories as he paints in a class!

A father to three young children, Eric has been inspiring young minds for more than 13 years and he is possibly the only one in Singapore who combines music, art and fun for children!

Limited slots as classes are kept small. SO REGISTER QUICK!!

Email to enquiry@givingtre3.com or call 9777 1645.

Like us on www.facebook.com/givingtre3 to get regular updates on our promotions!
[SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]

Hi Mommies out there, I have started a group called Sassy Mommies SG with my friend Michelle on Facebook. We have created this group together so as to create a community that mommies can all hang out together, share parenting tips, lend each other's shoulders, and make friends!

We are growing bigger and bigger everyday and if you would like to be part of this group (you should!), please go to this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/490009234398557/and request to be added as a member. Alternatively, you can indicate your email address in this thread. See you on Sassy Mommies soon!

hui_ru_88

I have 4 tins of Nestle Nan HA Stage 2 400g for sale.
Expiry date is 31 May 2014.
PS: You will be getting what you are seeing now
Letting go at $14 per tin OR get all 4 tins at $50.
Self collect at my house- Bt Panjang (Fajar).

I have 8 tins of Friso Gold Stage 2 400g for sale.
Expiry date is 11 Oct 2014.
PS: You will be getting what you are seeing now
Letting go at $14 per tin OR get all 8 tins at $100.
Self collect at my house- Bt Panjang (Fajar).

If you are interested, pls contact me directly @ 8421 5286.

Attachments

piano

logo fb 2.jpgkitab mickey.jpgHi Mommies.. I'm one of Octo Mommy.

We are selling goodie bag. Please check and share us at our Facebook party goodie bag https://facebook.com/PARTYGOODIEBAG and All items displayed are in stock. Free personalised tag if you order before Mar 2014 (include message and your baby's name). We will be glad to help you to celebrate your kids party. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Anddd.. Enjoy motherhood!

Last edited: