EDD Oct 2013

Amulet

Hi ladies!

I just got my BFP 3 days back, 2 days before my menses is due!

Haven't seen a gynae yet, but EDD should be in early Oct..

Anyone around the same EDD? :001_302:

Arie

Hello there... Congrats to you! I am currently in my 5th week and EDD is early October too! Am a first time mummy and super excited! :Dancing_wub:

huiqin83

Hi Amulet & Arie,

same here! I just booked my first appt with Dr Ben in mid feb. The nurse says is too early to detect anything now, tell me wait till w7.
super excited and worried as well. I having some minor cramps since last thur. Do you all have similar feeling?

Arie

Hi Huiqin!

Yes, I've also experienced minor cramps in my lower abdomen. Read up on it and found out that it's probably the egg burrowing into the uterus (im

Arie

Whoops! (continued...)

(implantation). Doubt it is any cause for worry. On the other hand, I've been so down the past couple of days with a horrible flu (nose was leaking like a tap but yet I could barely breathe because it was so stuffed) and tonsillitis. Been experiencing headaches too. Went to the GP and declared I was pregnant. He gave me Chloropheneramine for my flu and Augmentin (antibiotics). Apparently, they are safe for pregnancy but I am still worried! I just took the pills yesterday (incl. the antibiotics) and am feeling better now. Wondering if I can just stop taking them altogether?

huiqin83

Hi Arie!

oh really! Good to know the cramping is part of the process. I had a mc (chem preg) last year Sept, became paranoid now.
which gynac are you seeing? I bring forward my checkup date to next friday, wana ask him can I travel on mth end for work.

Do you wana call the clinic to ask if you can stop medication? cos suppose to finish antibiotics to clear the virus effectively. We may feel better but the flu virus is not totally cleared yet. I understand how u feel, try not to take any medication during this period right! can tahan just tahan through!

are u having any symptom? last time i preg, i have alot symptoms, but this time nothing much. Only constipation and cramps... I dun have ms

Amulet

Yeah.. Do finish the prescribed course of antibiotics..

maybe u wan to take some vit C to help with the recovery as well!

I had actually took plane this morning and is overseas now.. Will come back on Sunday, can wait for my first ob visit on next wed!

i don't have much symptoms as well.. Except for some breasts tenderness and very mild short periods of morning n evening sickness.. But I guess I'm the lucky type coz my first pregnancy also not much symptoms except the same as now, + plenty of pimple outbreak..

wen I experience a chemical pregnancy 2 yrs ago, the morning sickness was worse than my first and my current one..

also have some mild cramps but it's normal..

huiqin83

also depends if you have preference like female or male gynac, location of clinic (near ur hse or any location oso ok) , evening clinic (not all clinics open after working hrs)

huiqin83

Hi Amulet,

u are seeing your gynac tml right, mind to share what you see on the scan with us after that?
I went last fri (too ganchiong) and only saw a black dot. according the LMP, im 5weeks so wana know if seeing a small black dot is common as i heard ppl saying they can hear heartbeat at week 6!

june83

Hi huiqin, just to share with you. I am 5weeks pregnant now, i just see my gynea last sat, yes is just a small dot. I have to visit the gynae again this sat because i have slight bleeding.

huiqin83

Hi June, thanks for info. Hope your little one is doing good. ur profile pic bb looks so cute sucking thumb! you already have one child?

Stephy

im here to join in! juz got the BFP.
but my hubby said cannot tell others..cannot la..i too happi liao, first thing come to my mind is to update u!
hahaha

Amulet

Hi Amulet,

u are seeing your gynac tml right, mind to share what you see on the scan with us after that?
I went last fri (too ganchiong) and only saw a black dot. according the LMP, im 5weeks so wana know if seeing a small black dot is common as i heard ppl saying they can hear heartbeat at week 6!
By right heartbeat can be detected by 6 weeks.. but sometimes baby might be younger than we think..

Last time wen i was pregnant with my girl, the sonographer can detect her heartbeat at 5.6weeks..

Yesterday we can only see a big amniotic sac.. We can't really see the baby, but the doctor says he can see and he thinks he can see what he thinks is the heartbeat.. LOL.. But for us, we are not professional, so our eyes can't really tell..

Scheduled for me to go back 2 weeks later.. Hope baby would be big enough to show us it's heartbeat clearly then!

5weeks is really too small la.. did ur doc schedule another date for u to go back?