EDD Oct 2013

Amulet

im here to join in! juz got the BFP.
but my hubby said cannot tell others..cannot la..i too happi liao, first thing come to my mind is to update u!
hahaha
wahahahah! so happy!

Take care and rest well.. Can start to shop online to see which gynae u wan already..

Stephy

i have a regular gynae who do body check-up for me before preggie
so i tink i will go bac to her^^

thanks for your encouraging words tat day!!

huiqin83

By right heartbeat can be detected by 6 weeks.. but sometimes baby might be younger than we think..

Last time wen i was pregnant with my girl, the sonographer can detect her heartbeat at 5.6weeks..

Yesterday we can only see a big amniotic sac.. We can't really see the baby, but the doctor says he can see and he thinks he can see what he thinks is the heartbeat.. LOL.. But for us, we are not professional, so our eyes can't really tell..

Scheduled for me to go back 2 weeks later.. Hope baby would be big enough to show us it's heartbeat clearly then!

5weeks is really too small .. did your doc schedule another date for you to go back?
Hi amulet,
Thanks for the sharing your checkup. Happy for u!

My Dr ask me go back 2wks later, which is next Friday. I will be 7 week by next Friday.
My first pregnancy didn't have heartbeat at 8weeks that y Dr say is gone. This is few weeks is really hard to pass for both of us cos we are at the same period like last time. I want hear the bb hb to feel secure..

Amulet

Hi amulet,
Thanks for the sharing your checkup. Happy for u!

My Dr ask me go back 2wks later, which is next Friday. I will be 7 week by next Friday.
My first pregnancy didn't have heartbeat at 8weeks that y Dr say is gone. This is few weeks is really hard to pass for both of us cos we are at the same period like last time. I want hear the bb hb to feel secure..
Oh dear....

I'm sure this time round the heartbeat will be strong okay? Don't stress too much.. Keep us updated..

I'm looking forward to my 2 weeks appt as well so we can really see the heartbeat..

huiqin83

Thanks amulet. I'm staying positive n happy =)Dr say happen once doesn't mean happen agai. Each pregnancy is different.
Dr gave me hormone pills which help to support baby growth. So I'm sure I have good chance this time =)

I'm sure u can hear urs next appt! Since Dr already can feel the heartbeat is somewhere. Ur Dr power, must be very experienced.
My Dr always smile at me one, even gossip with me about air stewardesslol

Amulet

Thanks amulet. I'm staying positive n happy =)Dr say happen once doesn't mean happen agai. Each pregnancy is different.
Dr gave me hormone pills which help to support baby growth. So I'm sure I have good chance this time =)

I'm sure u can hear urs next appt! Since Dr already can feel the heartbeat is somewhere. Ur Dr power, must be very experienced.
My Dr always smile at me one, even gossip with me about air stewardesslol
i'm seeing Dr Wee Horng Yen.. He is detailed and friendly.. I know he is quite popular, but he seems quite young leh.. Hope he is right and really saw heartbeat ba..

Pray that all babies are healthy and make it into this world soundly into our arms..

Which Dr are u seeing?

Amulet

i have a regular gynae who do body check-up for me before preggie
so i tink i will go bac to her^^

thanks for your encouraging words tat day!!
Hope baby grow fast fast and healthy!

Keep us updated! Jia you!

Stephy

Thank You, I will be going for my first check up on the 21st..
that will be my 5th wk :001_302:

huiqin83

I'm seeing Dr Benjamin tham from TMC. Looks 40+ to me, change Gynac from my first for better luck hehee

Btw, why do they count bb weeks from our last Menses date. I find not accurate Le. I did digital test kit, it says 2-3weeks.but Dr will count from LmP so become 5weeks is liao.
When we have menses, no egg to fertilized. Ovulation only come like 2 weeks after menses over, bb then can form.

Amulet

I'm seeing Dr Benjamin tham from TMC. Looks 40+ to me, change Gynac from my first for better luck hehee

Btw, why do they count bb weeks from our last Menses date. I find not accurate Le. I did digital test kit, it says 2-3weeks.but Dr will count from LmP so become 5weeks is liao.
When we have menses, no egg to fertilized. Ovulation only come like 2 weeks after menses over, bb then can form.
Actually if u read through the leaflet in the digital test kit, they also mention u need to +2 weeks to the weeks u see on the kit which becomes the weeks u are pregnant..

that's just the way they count.. The very cycle including the last mense as the beginning, maybe coz it's hard to gauge the conception date la..

so if u see those pregnancy week-by-week, the 1st week is always the menses..

as for better accuracy of EDD, will have to wait till baby is older abit, thn they can gauge from the size and development le..

huiqin83

ohh i see. ya, my test kit did ask me add one 2 more weeks but i just feel like why must add? hahaa me stubborn ..
but if that how dr calculate, then no choice.

today keep having a bitter taste in mouth, wana puke feeling. Got strong craving for MacDonald french fries! more salt somemore !!
*shake head .. unhealthy craving... bad mama

Amulet

ohh i see. ya, my test kit did ask me add one 2 more weeks but i just feel like why must add? hahaa me stubborn ..
but if that how dr calculate, then no choice.

today keep having a bitter taste in mouth, wana puke feeling. Got strong craving for MacDonald french fries! more salt somemore !!
*shake head .. unhealthy craving... bad mama
Crave for stronger tasting food ma.. I'm eating spicier and saltier than normal..

plus start craving for gassy drinks sometimes.. Wen I was not pregnant, I never like gassy drinks lo..

joyciejoy

Hi, I am new here and I just checked with 3 test kits toconfirm our suspicions and I am pregnant and seek for GP confirmation. But I am also quite doubtful abt the EDD. And because it's just the initial stage is it possible to have a little baby bump now or it might be due go gas/bloatedness? Now I feel uncomfortable wearing a belt but dono is it cos of bb. Can u all share w me if u also have similar issue?

Amulet

Hi, I am new here and I just checked with 3 test kits toconfirm our suspicions and I am pregnant and seek for GP confirmation. But I am also quite doubtful abt the EDD. And because it's just the initial stage is it possible to have a little baby bump now or it might be due go gas/bloatedness? Now I feel uncomfortable wearing a belt but dono is it cos of bb. Can u all share w me if u also have similar issue?
It should be bloatedness coz baby is far to small now to cause any bump.. If it's ur first pregnancy, ur bump would most probably show only in ur 4th month..

EDD given by a GP or initially by a gynae is based on ur LMP.. For more accurate one, would have to wait till baby is slightly older thn judge base on it's size.. Variable to change throughout early trimester but shouldn't differ far.. It's not very important coz most babies doesn't follow their EDD to comes out into the world.. Some earlier, some overdue..

joyciejoy

Thanks amulet for that. If is stomach bloatedness, will it harm the bb and shld I see the gynae soon? Is it common to have bloatedness for first time mommy? I am excited abt the bb but also worried. EDD is not that impt to me, jus that we are both curious of how to calculate it. Sometimes I will also wonder if I am really pregnant. Because it feels so miracle. I have acne outbreaks, body has rashes, back aching, mouth ulcers all these. Are all these symptoms common? I am quite worried actu.

Amulet

Thanks amulet for that. If is stomach bloatedness, will it harm the bb and shld I see the gynae soon? Is it common to have bloatedness for first time mommy? I am excited abt the bb but also worried. EDD is not that impt to me, jus that we are both curious of how to calculate it. Sometimes I will also wonder if I am really pregnant. Because it feels so miracle. I have acne outbreaks, body has rashes, back aching, mouth ulcers all these. Are all these symptoms common? I am quite worried actu.
Bloatedness is just one of the pregnancy symptoms.. Same for ur acne breakout and back aching.. Mouth ulcers could be coz u heaty ba.. As for body rashes, r u allergic to something? Coz that's not really a pregnancy symptom.. Pregnancy symptoms won't affect the baby in anyways.. It's just the pregnancy hormones at work..

start taking some folic acids while u make ur choice of gynae..

EDD is calculated 40 weeks from the week of ur last menses.. :)

Take care! :

TVH

hi all :)

i just tested for BFP last wednesday and did a BHCG test at my gynae's who confirmed I was at 4 weeks. I am in my 5th week today.

Just wanted to ask if you all experience any symptoms? I am having not much symptoms other than slight cramping at my lower ab and lower backache and feeling sleepy very early. I have had no morning sickness whatsoever. As this is my first pregnancy, I'm kinda worried about the lack of symptoms. I also do not feel pregnant, I do not have constipation either, in fact, I keep having this diarrhoea (sorry tmi) feeling after I eat.

My first scan with my gynae won't be until march, which I would be at 9 weeks then. Until then, I'm a nervous wreck :wong16:

Amulet

hi all :)

i just tested for BFP last wednesday and did a BHCG test at my gynae's who confirmed I was at 4 weeks. I am in my 5th week today.

Just wanted to ask if you all experience any symptoms? I am having not much symptoms other than slight cramping at my lower ab and lower backache and feeling sleepy very early. I have had no morning sickness whatsoever. As this is my first pregnancy, I'm kinda worried about the lack of symptoms. I also do not feel pregnant, I do not have constipation either, in fact, I keep having this diarrhoea (sorry tmi) feeling after I eat.

My first scan with my gynae won't be until march, which I would be at 9 weeks then. Until then, I'm a nervous wreck :wong16:
Congrats!

It could be too early for u to experience much symptoms yet.. But ur signs like backache, slight cramps, fatigue, frequent bowel movement are actually symptoms as well!
Same as u, I don't get constipated.. Instead, I get diarrhea.. That is one of the first sign that gives me a strong gut feeling that I could be pregnant coz I was like this as well for my last pregnancy..

morning sickness can take later to kick in.. My first pregnancy MS only kicks in in the late 5th week..

for my current one, initially also no MS.. But as the pregnancy progresses, the feeling of nauseousness kicks in stronger, especially if I'm hungry and in a movig vehicle that keeps braking..

:D

joyciejoy

Bloatedness is just one of the pregnancy symptoms.. Same for your acne breakout and back aching.. Mouth ulcers could be coz you heaty .. As for body rashes, r you allergic to something? Coz that's not really a pregnancy symptom.. Pregnancy symptoms won't affect the baby in anyways.. It's just the pregnancy hormones at work..

start taking some folic acids while you make your choice of gynae..

EDD is calculated 40 weeks from the week of your last menses.. :)

Take care! :

Thanks amulet for sharing. Guess I only get to know all these after I see the gynae. Thanks for that. :)