EDD Oct 2013

I'm experiencing low colostrum milk for my baby. The first day was okay but today there's once he keeps crying cos I guess he's lacking of milk and had been suckling for almost an hour. So depressed that my hubby helped to request for fm feeding once and my left nipple is left sore and red. Is there anyway to ease the pain? Does nipple shield works? When will the milk flow? I'm praying hard I'll be able to satisfy my hungry baby later.

Jewlreya

jewlreya, did they tell you how long it will to 10cm ? Are you waiting in a ward?
Sorry for the late reply! I was drowsy just now. They didn't tell me how long but did mention usually first timer is 1 hour =1cm. Mine was a little crazy. My gynae came at 11:30 and checked that I was 4cm dilated so he went back after staying for around another hour and there was no progress so he went back at 12+ then suddenly 12:30 I was at 8cm, 12:40+ fully dilated. My midwives got me to push with 2 set of contractions then my baby head was already exposed. So we paused and waited for my gynae to u-turn back. We settled the pushing with the next set of contraction, my girl popped at 1am. All the cleaning up didn't even take more than 15 mins. Everyone was shocked but happy it was so smooth. My hub didn't even have a chance to go buy coffee or mingle with other dads outside.

Xtinee

Wow tats great, at least you didn have to wait too long. Congrats and have a good rest

Jewlreya:833741 said:
jewlreya, did they tell you how long it will to 10cm ? Are you waiting in a ward?
Sorry for the late reply! I was drowsy just now. They didn't tell me how long but did mention usually first timer is 1 hour =1cm. Mine was a little crazy. My gynae came at 11:30 and checked that I was 4cm dilated so he went back after staying for around another hour and there was no progress so he went back at 12+ then suddenly 12:30 I was at 8cm, 12:40+ fully dilated. My midwives got me to push with 2 set of contractions then my baby head was already exposed. So we paused and waited for my gynae to u-turn back. We settled the pushing with the next set of contraction, my girl popped at 1am. All the cleaning up didn't even take more than 15 mins. Everyone was shocked but happy it was so smooth. My hub didn't even have a chance to go buy coffee or mingle with other dads outside.

Alisa

Yes i will drink once its here. Dont really like red dates drink so might be a good alternative. Hope it dont taste like cough medicine, the sweet cherry flavour
don worry, it taste nothing like cough med. its abit like peppermint tea. and anybody can drink the tea too, not only preg or TTC ladies.

Alisa

Congratz!!

Btw..to all mumies here..is there any recommended baby clinic at north or west area? Do u all go back to the pediatrician who incharge when ur bb is borned for the baby monthly injection?? Quite lost on this matter! Pls help!!
I don go back to the PD, I just go to polyclinic near my hse for jaundice check up & jab.

alisa, did u tell the PD u not going back to him?

my bb had some irregularities with her blood test so 1 week after delivery we went to see him. then he scheduled for her 1 mth vaccine too. bb need to do another blood test. once her blood test all clear i want to go poly for subsequent jabs also. but i think PD will also schedule for next appt. haha. stupid qn - how to reject?

Alisa

just don go, I never tell the PD. the appointment that they said, u will still have to queue for very long on that day wan. but if yr baby is having some complication that the PD is following up then go. my 1st wan we went back bcuz his jaundice is very high but once his jaundice is normal level, we go polyclinic le. all jabs are with polyclinic too.

joyfulmum

Alisa:833806 said:
just don go, I never tell the PD. the appointment that they said, u will still have to queue for very long on that day wan. but if yr baby is having some complication that the PD is following up then go. my 1st wan we went back bcuz his jaundice is very high but once his jaundice is normal level, we go polyclinic le. all jabs are with polyclinic too.
Alisa,

How much are the jabs at the polyclinic n how often? Do we need to queue very long Like those normal patients or will they give piority to babies?
Wanna find a pd near my area, thinking of gng polyclinic too.. the pd assigned by glen e would b too costly to go to each time baby needs to see one.

Alisa

for babies under 1 mth, no appointment needed, they will give priority queue no. to babies for jaundice check up. then if you will be going back for jabs, they will make appointment 1st and they queue will not be that long too. (if u do not go for jaundice check up and only going for 1st mth jab, u will need to call the polyclinic to fix a appointment date). Some of the jabs are free for Singaporean then some they will ask you if you wan to have optional jab like 5 in 1 that kind then will have to pay. some jabs can be paid by medisave & CDA so u will need to ask the cashier whenever making payment (some good cashiers will let u know b4 u make payment, others u will need to ask then they will tell u...) I cant rem the price for the jab cuz my son took them 2 yrs ago liao...

joyfulmum

Alisa:833954 said:
for babies under 1 mth, no appointment needed, they will give priority queue no. to babies for jaundice check up. then if you will be going back for jabs, they will make appointment 1st and they queue will not be that long too. (if u do not go for jaundice check up and only going for 1st mth jab, u will need to call the polyclinic to fix a appointment date). Some of the jabs are free for Singaporean then some they will ask you if you wan to have optional jab like 5 in 1 that kind then will have to pay. some jabs can be paid by medisave & CDA so u will need to ask the cashier whenever making payment (some good cashiers will let u know b4 u make payment, others u will need to ask then they will tell u...) I cant rem the price for the jab cuz my son took them 2 yrs ago liao...

Oic..in that case more economical to go polyclinic.. so ex if go to private!! Thanks alisa for the info!

Xtinee

We can just go polyclinic, since still under maternity leave and soooo free.

Any one of you discharge from Mt A? Can share the cost.

Gynae appt tml hope he dont send me to hospital immediately for induction !! Am only 39 weeks on sun hmmmm

Meowmummy

Dear All,wk 39, my water bag just burst.. 2a.m plus.like urine flowing out.color is pinkish browish.. i monitor and c what time gg to Mount A..
update u all again

yenleesk

Meowmummy, your turn soon. All the best n jiayou ya...looking forward to hear from you soon.

Meowmummy:834363 said:
Dear All,wk 39, my water bag just burst.. 2a.m plus.like urine flowing out.color is pinkish browish.. i monitor and c what time gg to Mount A..
update u all again

joyfulmum

Meowmummy:834363 said:
update u all again
Meowmummy, water bag burst must faster go hospital le to decrease the chabcesof bacterial entering..thats wat my gynae told me..faster go hospital

Jewlreya

Gynae appt tml hope he dont send me to hospital immediately for induction !! Am only 39 weeks on sun hmmmm
Hub paid 1.5k cash for deposit, for 2 bedded (natural with epidural package), we opted in for some optional health screening tests for baby and rented their breast pump. After medisave, got a refund of $300+. I have the mount A ladies card.

Xtinee

So its 1.2k cash? Sounds good. I tink I will need induction......

Jewlreya:834456 said:

Hub paid 1.5k cash for deposit, for 2 bedded (natural with epidural package), we opted in for some optional health screening tests for baby and rented their breast pump. After medisave, got a refund of $300+. I have the mount A ladies card.

yenleesk

Hi Xtinee, any update aft your check up ytd? Why u so sure you need induction?

Xtinee:834458 said:
So its 1.2k cash? Sounds good. I tink I will need induction......

Jewlreya:834456 said: