EDD Oct 2013

Xtinee

Xiaoxiaowanzi:836118 said:
Congrats xtinee!
Tyty xiaoxiaowanzi :D

This is my first baby too, my tummy immediately strink down after the child birth!!!! I didn expect that, inside all water........ now not much side effects from the epidural, only back a bit pain every now and then.

Mummies who haven given birth yet, jia you, u can do it. I did 3pushes at one go and can endure for nearly an hour so perservere. Baby was also high up at -2, as long as shes not in distress push !!

I was lucky came in at 3cm dilate, after waiting for the cervix to thin out for 6hrs, managed to get to 10 cm within the next hr. The nurse and my doc was good keep telling me she will come out dont give up.

joyfulmum

Xtinee:836120 said:
Congrats xtinee!

This is my first baby too, my tummy immediately strink down after the child birth!!!! I didn expect that, inside all water........ now not much side effects from the epidural, only back a bit pain every now and then.

Mummies who haven given birth yet, jia you, u can do it. I did 3pushes at one go and can endure for nearly an hour so perservere. Baby was also high up at -2, as long as shes not in distress push !!

I was lucky came in at 3cm dilate, after waiting for the cervix to thin out for 6hrs, managed to get to 10 cm within the next hr. The nurse and my doc was good keep telling me she will come out dont give up.

Congrates Xintee!

seems like im the last few!! If by next week baby still don wanna come, gotta admit n induce le

Xtinee

joyfulmum:836121 said:
Xtinee:836120 said:
Congrats xtinee!

Congrates Xintee!

seems like im the last few!! If by next week baby still don wanna come, gotta admit n induce le
No worries joyfulmum, I heard FTM mostly will end up with induction. One of the midwife in Mt A just gave birth to a baby thru induction, and she opt for epidural right from the start, cos shes saying that it will hurt more too, she told me this after she heard me screaming a few blocks away and finally give up...... ooh and if u decide to have it halfway need to ask if they have a in house doc, Mt A doesn have and need an hr to bring him in, lucky for me, the lady next door couldn take it too and did call the doc in, i got it like 15mins, btw by that time I was having contraction every 2~3 mins, u need to decide early and look at the monitor to see if you could take it, full blast is at 125.

Just ask for it if you need cos it calms u helping u to focus pushing, instead of the pain. Well my pain threshold is zero haha, weak.

joyfulmum

Im sure i wan epi le..hahah even tho i haven't been thru childbirth. All advises i get is to go ahead w epi as there is no need to suffer so much unnecessary,hee.
Btw, wat do u mean by full blast? U mean they are able to adjust? Also when will they start to inject epi n do u feel pain after it wears off? How long will it take to wear off?

Xtinee

joyfulmum:836129 said:
Im sure i wan epi le..hahah even tho i haven't been thru childbirth. All advises i get is to go ahead w epi as there is no need to suffer so much unnecessary,hee.
Btw, wat do u mean by full blast? U mean they are able to adjust? Also when will they start to inject epi n do u feel pain after it wears off? How long will it take to wear off?
Full blast is the contraction.

Epi is able to adjust, depending on your condition they may lower it down so u can feel.when to.push. Mine was high even butt numbing, cant feel doc hands at all when he put at my virginal, or when he stitch.

There will be a monitor and will alert when the effect wears off (or u feel yourself shivering) if you started with epi they will keep topping up when its low, my doc says epi effect wears off after 30mins so not immediate. Also when it was first administrated, will need about 15mins to be effective.

Stephy

Congrats! All are over! but we both suffer double pains! If i hv known my baby can't come out, i wld opt for c-sec straight away. I cried during the c-sec...will all the emotions running around
Now we focus on out baby and nursing our health back!
i was too tired to open my eye during the op
juz zzz thru the whole process thou i did not opt for GA
the 12hrs of natural childbirth was really killing me..the pain, the wait n uncertainty all tat
n ya..when i see my daughter now, it really doesnt matter anymore.
i wun say the pain all tat are worth it, but just doesnt matter anymore :) :) :)

Alisa

my 1st c-sec wan painful that I also have a hard time walking on the 2nd day but this time, I can just walk like normal. only pain with cough. on the 2nd day I do not wan to take pain killer but Dr Tham said still have to take... I discharge on the 3rd day and already not taking the pain killer. I can still carry my son who is more than 12 kg within that week. no choice cuz my MIL is so small that she got a hard time carry my son... I have to help out...

Meowmummy:834969 said:
my birth story :after 34hrs since water bag burst, my boy is out via c-sec. my surge onli start onli after 20hrs. haiz, cervix struck at 8cm...so gynae says no choice need to c-sec cos too long oredi. baby is big aso 3.56kg.
but i m relieved, can see n feel my baby after
9mths!
congrats Mommy! ur 34 hrs beat my 30hrs.

hi joyfulmom, ur edd suppose to b 19oct same as me, rite?
i gaf birth natural with epi. i strongly encourage u to do it.
jia you!
i asked for epi when i started shivering n vomitting due to pain. abit late but pain threshold already. dont wry about d cost. n stay still during d injection.

joyfulmum

blackroselian:836180 said:
jia you!
i asked for epi when i started shivering n vomitting due to pain. abit late but pain threshold already. dont wry about d cost. n stay still during d injection.
Hi blackroselian,

My edd is last day of oct..so within next week! Congrates on ur lil one!!

joyfulmum:836182 said:
blackroselian:836180 said:
jia you!
Hi blackroselian,

My edd is last day of oct..so within next week! Congrates on ur lil one!!
opps. i'm sorry.

btw moms, if u xperience baby blue, do talk to someone to relieve ur feelings n emotions. dun sink into weepy mood like i did.

Jaslaw:835623 said:
Any mummies experience swelling and pain at episiotomy side area??
i had quite a bad tear near rectum. my swell i ask for ice pad n cold pad later... also took pain killer for several days. swelling n pain subsided ard 4 days.

Jewlreya

Hi all, been busy tending to the baby and stuck with confinement so didn't have a chance to check back. seems like we are only left with a few mommies to go before we all graduate as October Mommies. Girls, pls make sure your fb account can be found based on your email provided cos I wasn't able to add some of you in to the oct mtb group cos of the privacy settings.

And ladies, try not to cry, I cried several times over the past few days and now I feel my eye sight have been affected. If u need help, just open your mouth and ask. I was stubborn and I hate to rely on others so now I suffer the consequences. Though now I already gave all sort of tantrums till my family finally start helping out. They simply don't understand that I'm a first time mom, how do they expect me to know how to deal with everything?

joyfulmum

Bb refuses to come out yet n i hv a fear for hospitals n as a first time mum, alot of emotions n many things not knowing wat to do or expect.

Sometimes pick up fights with hubby for not understanding n end up crying..

Haiz its not easy ,gd to hv a forum for support.. jia you mummies, u r not alone!! :D

Xtinee

joyfulmum:836240 said:
Bb refuses to come out yet n i hv a fear for hospitals n as a first time mum, alot of emotions n many things not knowing wat to do or expect.

Haiz its not easy ,gd to hv a forum for support.. jia you mummies, u r not alone!! :D
Joyfulmum, u r not alone, i tink towards the end of the pregnancy we tend to be more emo, i always have negetive thoughts also, and cry much.

I cant control my bladder after childbirth.... as soon as I stand up urine starts to flow like waterfall, am wearing adult diapers now, feels sad plus cos nipple to big baby has prob sucking to latch properly, lucky shes a baby who likes to suck haha so she keep trying, so cute.

joyfulmum

Xtinee:836257 said:
joyfulmum:836240 said:

Joyfulmum, u r not alone, i tink towards the end of the pregnancy we tend to be more emo, i always have negetive thoughts also, and cry much.

I cant control my bladder after childbirth.... as soon as I stand up urine starts to flow like waterfall, am wearing adult diapers now, feels sad plus cos nipple to big baby has prob sucking to latch properly, lucky shes a baby who likes to suck haha so she keep trying, so cute.
Xintee,

I read that the bladder intolerance is temporary only so don worry u will b fine soon. aNd u are so fortunate to hv a baby that bonds w u ! Cant wait to see my little girl too: D

Qinqin

Good to hear most of the mummy going to graduates..I m in confinement period .third week!.
I would like to ask..is anyone having rashes on legs n hands? So irritating..went to c doc..its said might due to heaty confinement food n hormone changes. .so emo now!!

hapimint

Wow!!! Most of the oct mummies has given birth... I am still going to my gyn tml... I think my boy still very comfy inside me.... Just to share, I think confinement period is the worst in this whole process.... Coz we are struggling with the hormonal changes and possible depression and everybody seems to be trying to squeeze in their own advice n their ways....so it's the most stressful for me during my 1st pregnancy....
Even till now, I am worried to start confinement when this 1 comes along

shorty313

Given birth to a 3.44kg baby girl normal delivery with no pain relief only laughing gas which does not help at all as i was in labour for 2hours!! :we3jiggy:

However i have a question my tummy area especially the left side align with my belly button kinda hurt but bearable. My postnatal massage lady told me that i should not feel any pain when she massage me. One more information my tummy looks like im 4 months preggy on the day i gave birth, i wasnt alarm as i thought it was normal after giving birth (my first) and my gynae even mentioned my womb is good. It worries my parents looking at my big tummy but after the massage it has shrink a lil only the pain is still there. My postnatal massage lady told me that i should go and see my gynae to check.

Has anyone experience something similar? Any recommendations?