EDD Oct 2013

yenleesk

Hi mummies, how to latch bb with inverted/ short nipple? I bought pigeon nipple shield but my bb dunno hw to latch on it. So far I only latch my using one side breast, the other side pump out.

babywipes

Can try latching during the day. Should pump out when baby is sleeping. BF will cause baby to keep wanting milk, my baby even latch on treating my nipple as a pacifier.

I think my baby have been losing sleep as i stopped feeding her FM recently, hope my milk supply will keep increasing, I heard it will increase by demand, have been draining it out these two days.
Xtinee, my bb also the same, i let her latch on, she sleeps after 5-10min after suckle. how to be full like that? When i pump out, she drinks 60ml/70ml per feed. i don't think 10 min suckle she can consume that much amount. in the end, she wants to suckle every 15 min, very tiring for me...i don't know what to do also..except to pump out and feed her thru the bottle. are you latching on direct?

shorty313

Thanks Jewlreya, it worries me when my parents and massage lady mentioned i shouldnt feel pain.

Im on full BF, but what the lady told me is that my tummy should feel soft instead of hard like what it is currently. I still feel pain even without the wraps especially when i put my baby in cradle hold position to BF.

hi i've been latching my baby direct for one mth. now trying to transition to bottle. however i find that when i give bottle, her timing becomes off. direct bf will be around 3 hourly.. but bottle she will drink any amt btw 60-120ml and sometimes after 1.5 hour she wants milk again. v confusing.

just to share, the PD said just play by ear coz infants will know to take what they need. so bottle feed or latch on demand

oh babywipes dun let bb sleep on the breast keep waking her up. thats what the lactation consultant told me in hospital. she really poke and disturb my baby to wake her..its to ensure bb drink enough.

yes...bf is tiringggg.....

yenleesk

Hi mummies, I got hard time with my 12do bb at night. He every night make fuss ard 1030pm to 2am. Bottle feed him he don't want to swallow, need to pat n cuddle. After a while keep crying again. DL him he feel frustrated n cry after a while too. Feel sad n dunno how to handle him as a FTM. I feel depressed the whole night. I keep telling myself I must stay strong n think positive. I got no experience of taking care bb before, now is time to learn fr ground.

oh my yensleek my bb is up around that time too!
must carry cannot put her down. i'm also ftm but i cant do it alone.. so me, hubby, and mum take turns.

as i mentioned earlier, i convinced myself its just a phase.
and yes be positive..at least bb doesnt cry thru night.. only want to be cuddled those few hours.

dont be sad yea.. ftm initially all cannot handle but eventually we will learn. and try to be patient yea..the more frustrated we are, the harder it is.
hugs!! dun be too hard on urself.

Xtinee

my bb is worst she cry the whole night and wont calm down.....

Shes now back in hospital for high jaundice, going to visit her later.

very stressful for ftm, cos dont know why shes crying.
For bm its hard cos we have a lot of aches and pains so carrying them for long is hard, got a friend to come and teach me how to bf. tips:

the most comfortable position is where you both lay down, if bb suckle for long which should be 15mins on each breast, at least we can rest.

bb falls asleep less then 5mins cos of wrong latching or getting little milk, you will know when bb makes a sucking sound which is air, bb shd have not only your nipple but also the aerola, to get bb mouth open wide, tap on her chin, or wait till she cry, position your nipple just above the tip of her mouth and push it in fully when its wide. If bb not opening her mouth, squeeze some milk and rub your nipple from bb nose to mouth.

If bb falls asleep, you can :
pull out your nipple so she wont get used to it, i found out she will suckle and grab into it the next time, and wont take u for granted

Or gently poke her cheek

yenleesk

Hi mums the word,
Yea I really feel frustrated n I still on confinement , no aircon but only fan. Feeling hot n frustrated to the max.
I don't mind cuddle my lo to sleep but after a while he cry...pat him...walk him ard still the same...the worst part is, my CL very frustrated too. I saw her forced my lo drink milk yet he reluctant to swallow the milk. Daytime he got no issue to drink milk using bottle, only at night...haiz...heart pain to see him cry non stop n open eyes big big in the middle of the night.

mums the word:837296 said:
oh my yensleek my bb is up around that time too!
must carry cannot put her down. i'm also ftm but i cant do it alone.. so me, hubby, and mum take turns.

as i mentioned earlier, i convinced myself its just a phase.
and yes be positive..at least bb doesnt cry thru night.. only want to be cuddled those few hours.

dont be sad yea.. ftm initially all cannot handle but eventually we will learn. and try to be patient yea..the more frustrated we are, the harder it is.
hugs!! dun be too hard on urself.

yenleesk

Hi Xtinee mummy,

Hope ur lo is better by now. Be strong n yr lo needs you. I can understand hw you feel. We all FTM experience diff situations. Luckily, we are here to share n comfort each other. Keep moving mummy!!

I think my DL position still not so up to my bb standard. I always can't position him well n he feel frustrated. I didn't DL him anymore, only pump out 240ml in a day. So, feed him 2 times BM in a day only. My lo is 12do.

Xtinee:837298 said:
my bb is worst she cry the whole night and wont calm down.....

Shes now back in hospital for high jaundice, going to visit her later.

very stressful for ftm, cos dont know why shes crying.
For bm its hard cos we have a lot of aches and pains so carrying them for long is hard, got a friend to come and teach me how to bf. tips:

the most comfortable position is where you both lay down, if bb suckle for long which should be 15mins on each breast, at least we can rest.

bb falls asleep less then 5mins cos of wrong latching or getting little milk, you will know when bb makes a sucking sound which is air, bb shd have not only your nipple but also the aerola, to get bb mouth open wide, tap on her chin, or wait till she cry, position your nipple just above the tip of her mouth and push it in fully when its wide. If bb not opening her mouth, squeeze some milk and rub your nipple from bb nose to mouth.

If bb falls asleep, you can :
pull out your nipple so she wont get used to it, i found out she will suckle and grab into it the next time, and wont take u for granted

Or gently poke her cheek

Alisa

actually to make it easier for FTM, latch on only 1 side of yr breast each time and offer the other breast the next latch. when u see baby starts to close their eyes and stop suckle for more than 6 sec, starts to disturb them. touch their hair, tickle their ear, tickle their chin etc. latch till they unlatch by themselves. for my 1st child, I followed what the nurses said, must let baby suckle both and not more than 15 mins each, end up when I switch side, my son don wan to suckle anymore and he always drink 1 hrly...

Hi xtinee,
Hope bb is doin better now. My girl's jaundice was high too, index went up to 18plus. In e end, we rented e machine back instead. My first girl we sent to hosp when she was jaundiced. But find breastfeeding is tough to travel to n fro. Hence for meimei, we requested for home therapy. After which, e jaundice came down but came back again. We jus continue to sun her for a few more days n leave it. I went to see lactation consultant n she says jus continue feeding. If she poo n pee alot, it w helps w e jaundice. So dun worry. Till today my girl is still a lil yellow.
Yup, even as a second time mum, I m finding breastfeeding tiring. All mummies jia you. Yes is a phrase only.. U r feeling frustrated is normal. W e hormonal chg, plus e confinement.. Heex.. Is understandable.. Not able to guess what bb wants.. My girl too wanna latch to slp
At night. Once I put her down, her eyes wide open. Is comfort zone for them.. Warm n cozy..
Things w only get better when they grow.. N u been more experience in guessing what bb wants.. So hang on k girls!

Xtinee

just saw my baby and shes fair and pink!! was at 21 yesterday and is 11today, all healthy, going home tomorrow.

Seen a lot of bb with jaundice probs and seems like it will come back, my bb have it cos shes not feeding enough, there are a few types, some cos of the food we eat, some cos of bm.

thank u mummies for all of your support. hope we will pull through this phase without going crazy

joyfulmum

Any mummies gave birth via induction in glen e?Hw much additional charges? I am scheduled for an induction on sun, hope the bill wont be too shocking for an induction.

babywipes

hi i've been latching my baby direct for one mth. now trying to transition to bottle. however i find that when i give bottle, her timing becomes off. direct bf will be around 3 hourly.. but bottle she will drink any amt btw 60-120ml and sometimes after 1.5 hour she wants milk again. v confusing.

just to share, the PD said just play by ear coz infants will know to take what they need. so bottle feed or latch on demand

oh babywipes dun let bb sleep on the breast keep waking her up. thats what the lactation consultant told me in hospital. she really poke and disturb my baby to wake her..its to ensure bb drink enough.

yes...bf is tiringggg.....
hi mums the word. i try v hard to wake my baby up when she falls asleep but no matter how i tickle her feet, ear, cheek etc, she will wake up for 1 min, suckle a while then sleep again. only when she's really hungry will she concentrate on suckling for at least 15 min...haiz