EDD Oct 2013

nrl

congratz!!

Congratz to all mummies!!

Im hving fever now..and in my third week confinement!! Any mummies knw how to make supply comes bck? I had fever on off so was told tonot bf my baby.. Den now my supply really low...

Xtinee

nrl:837409 said:

Im hving fever now..and in my third week confinement!! Any mummies knw how to make supply comes bck? I had fever on off so was told tonot bf my baby.. Den now my supply really low...
Nrl is your milk duct clogged? (Hard lump around your breast) if yes it will affect milk supply need to massage it away - very painful, I had this at start and did not know, after getting rid of all the milk start coming in. Need to clear your milk so it wont clog again

Anyone know when will the "mensus" stop?

euphonymusic

Thanks meow mummy. my baby is not out yet. Have been waiting for her to be out without inducing. And going to try natural first, cos i want 3 kids. No choice if i failed:(
hoping for the best.

joyfulmum

euphonymusic:837510 said:
Thanks meow mummy. my baby is not out yet. Have been waiting for her to be out without inducing. And going to try natural first, cos i want 3 kids. No choice if i failed:(
hoping for the best.
Hi euphonymusic...me same as u.. but baby not growing le so gyane insist tml admit for induction. I having quite frequent contractions n cervix 1cm open. U?

Xtinee

Mummies induction is not so bad but the pain comes suddenly not like a normal labor slowly build up, so must be prepared. Be prepared to wait for 12hrs for the real action to begin. Check with them when can you eat cos you will be drained at the end of the day.

hi nrl. i had fever last week but my doc said can still bf. to get back supply maybe u can start pumping frequently, 2-3 hourly. it will take awhile to get back supply.
also can take supplements like fenugreek.

xtinee .. happy for u,ur baby is getting better. actually on my 3rd day in hospital baby had mild jaundice. the PD came and spoke to me abt diet. he actually said to not be execessive in eating traditional confinement food. my mum in law was there, i was silently happy! haha he said no sesame oil no ginger no longan red date tea except in moderate amts. lol! n my bb jaundice cleared within the week.

babywipes dun give up k. as bb get bigger they tebd to be less sleepy. just latch on demand.

anyway the 15min per breast thing is only at the hospital to stimulate milk flow. once milk comes in should finish one breast first, so bb can get more hindmilk which is more nutritious n filling. i usually feed one side n pump the other side. sometimes my bb will take both sides.

Alisa:837352 said:
actually to make it easier for FTM, latch on only 1 side of yr breast each time and offer the other breast the next latch. when u see baby starts to close their eyes and stop suckle for more than 6 sec, starts to disturb them. touch their hair, tickle their ear, tickle their chin etc. latch till they unlatch by themselves. for my 1st child, I followed what the nurses said, must let baby suckle both and not more than 15 mins each, end up when I switch side, my son don wan to suckle anymore and he always drink 1 hrly...
wow latch n drink hourly. tats v tiring. meaning u lie on d bed almost d whole day?
my bb takes about 30min total on each breast. burp him abt 10 min after he unlatch, n ctnue to latch. sometimes 1hr latch both sides n end up drinking additional ebm to fulfil his 120ml stomach. is pretty tiring...

Mashiiii

Hello Oct mummies, please add me into the fb page so I can learn more tips! - mashimaro_teo@hotmail.com

Still trying to get used to motherhood! Hope all are doing well :))

Alisa

wow latch n drink hourly. tats v tiring. meaning u lie on d bed almost d whole day?
my bb takes about 30min total on each breast. burp him abt 10 min after he unlatch, n ctnue to latch. sometimes 1hr latch both sides n end up drinking additional ebm to fulfil his 120ml stomach. is pretty tiring...
during the day I cannot cuz everything is done by myself, so after feed, burp, change diaper, put him down, around 15-30 mins later, he wan to drink again. but luckily this only last around 1-2 mths then his timing became longer.

yenleesk

Hi blackroselian, I still can't find you in fb. Yr email is blackroselian@gmail.com? Can't see you using this email.
Can you add me again? lsk828@hotmail.com
Thanks

Qinqin

yenleesk:837300 said:
Hi mums the word,
Yea I really feel frustrated n I still on confinement , no aircon but only fan. Feeling hot n frustrated to the max.
I don't mind cuddle my lo to sleep but after a while he cry...pat him...walk him ard still the same...the worst part is, my CL very frustrated too. I saw her forced my lo drink milk yet he reluctant to swallow the milk. Daytime he got no issue to drink milk using bottle, only at night...haiz...heart pain to see him cry non stop n open eyes big big in the middle of the night.

mums the word:837296 said:
oh my yensleek my bb is up around that time too!
must carry cannot put her down. i'm also ftm but i cant do it alone.. so me, hubby, and mum take turns.

as i mentioned earlier, i convinced myself its just a phase.
and yes be positive..at least bb doesnt cry thru night.. only want to be cuddled those few hours.

dont be sad yea.. ftm initially all cannot handle but eventually we will learn. and try to be patient yea..the more frustrated we are, the harder it is.
hugs!! dun be too hard on urself.
Hi yenleesk..ah..I oli on aircon instead of fan!

Xtinee:837425 said:
nrl:837409 said:

Nrl is your milk duct clogged? (Hard lump around your breast) if yes it will affect milk supply need to massage it away - very painful, I had this at start and did not know, after getting rid of all the milk start coming in. Need to clear your milk so it wont clog again

Anyone know when will the "mensus" stop?
lochia i think may go off in a month or two. i learnt someone got 2mths long . mine is lesser, day 24

Meowmummy

Hi everybody.
Congratulations to all mothers who have given birth....enjoy the special bond & moments you have with ur baby.
And mums-to-be...be patient & calm, for, u're gonna see ur precious little baby real soon!

Just to share my experience
My edd was on 18/10 & I gave birth on 19/10 after having regular contractions. Went to hospital at 12midnite with cervix 3cm dilated, contractions got much intense and closer and because i didnt take any pain relief, i had the strong urge to push and baby was born at 3.42am. Labour was a fast process as I kept telling myself to keep calm so that everything will move on fast n smooth. Baby's weight is 3.7kg.
I encourage all mums to try vaginal birth as much as possible as that's the best for our body. And healing process will be a breeze too.
Enjoy motherhood everybody!
Our baby DOB same date 19 oct! 3.7kg and give birth naturally, i salute u!

Meowmummy

Hi mummies, my bb is 9 days old. Currently I didn't direct latch him but pump out my milk. It is tough to sit there bcos I shld rest instead of sit there for pumping. My wound still painful as I went thru c-sec. But lucky no infection after my gynae checked ytd. A wk later I can remove it. Im still hesitating whether to engage postnatal massauer as I scare it will hurt my wound. Any mummies had gone thru c sec n still engage postnatal massage after 2 wks later? Look forward to your advice.
Hi Yenkeesk,
congrats! I did my post natal massage on day 15 after C-sec. just make sure your gynae check ur wound, if there is no sign on infection, u can start massage.
I did my massage on day 15, 16, 17, can see my tummy smaller. but hv to wrap the binder around the tummy to see results. so far these 3 days, she massage the wind and toxin left over in my body. i feel pain and ache all over my body. next session, day22,22,24, she will come back and try to push my womb and pelvic back into position.

Meowmummy

Hi All,
I am so bz with baby, no time to come here often, but lucky got FB Oct mummies for support.
day 17 today, as of these few days, he is going thru growth spurts, he cried every 1, 1.5 or 2hr, i m going bonkers. Then he sleep in the day and wide awake at night.
Now i try to swaddle him, to let him sleep better, everyday is a challenge to me. he cried loudly when he is hungry. I feed him both breast milk and Fm. i got no time to pump out, so i just direct latch him. these 2 days, he is so hungry and impatience, after drinking my breast milk for 10mins, he start to cry. i try to sleep in the day, as my mum help to take care. I m trying to stay postive but no easy loh. Jia You!! all the mummies !

Xtinee

Meowmummy:838201 said:
Hi All,
I am so bz with baby, no time to come here often, but lucky got FB Oct mummies for support.
day 17 today, as of these few days, he is going thru growth spurts, he cried every 1, 1.5 or 2hr, i m going bonkers. Then he sleep in the day and wide awake at night.
Now i try to swaddle him, to let him sleep better, everyday is a challenge to me. he cried loudly when he is hungry. I feed him both breast milk and Fm. i got no time to pump out, so i just direct latch him. these 2 days, he is so hungry and impatience, after drinking my breast milk for 10mins, he start to cry. i try to sleep in the day, as my mum help to take care. I m trying to stay postive but no easy loh. Jia You!! all the mummies !
Meowmummy im in the same situation as you, my LO only 12day old but she keep getting hungry within 2-3hrs. Feeding her with bm n fm about 90-110mil.....
Sooooo tired. Mum helping me to take day shift but shes not sleeping in the day too.....
I heard they will haVe a longer feeding time from a mth or two, lets endure during this period.

Doc say my lochia should clear up by third week.

im starting my massage tomorrow, hope i will lose more weight

Alisa

Hi Yenkeesk,
congrats! I did my post natal massage on day 15 after C-sec. just make sure your gynae check ur wound, if there is no sign on infection, u can start massage.
I did my massage on day 15, 16, 17, can see my tummy smaller. but hv to wrap the binder around the tummy to see results. so far these 3 days, she massage the wind and toxin left over in my body. i feel pain and ache all over my body. next session, day22,22,24, she will come back and try to push my womb and pelvic back into position.
Meowmummy, how much is yr massage package? is it good?