EDD October

hi mummies,

I find my girl always leaking the milk from her mouth when she lie in bed. sometime little sometime can be a lot. I did burp her after feeding and put her lie in bed. but she always leaking the milk.
any mummies know why baby will leaking the milk?
any method avoid baby leaking the milk from mouth?
thanks for sharing.

hotmilktea

My boy also, whether burp or no burp.
I lie him sideway, so when leak milk he wun get choke. Nurse taught me this way at hospital.

hi mummies,

I find my girl always leaking the milk from her mouth when she lie in bed. sometime little sometime can be a lot. I did burp her after feeding and put her lie in bed. but she always leaking the milk.
thanks for sharing.

Alisa

sometime I can take 1 hour+ to pumping as to entertain my girl if she crying, I will stop pumping to carry and pat her.
alisa, you throw away the milk if your boy not finish it or keep in warmer?

how many hours we can keep the milk in warmer? cause sometime I willtake out the milk in warmer half hour before feeding time. but sometime my girl will sleep over the feeding time. wondering long long can keep the milk warmer?
you first in first your breastmilk, or give fresh breastmilk to your boy? I hear someone said we should give fresh breastmilk, is more good to baby.
ya sometimes i also took that long to express if he disturb me lor... it depends le if left more than 50ml, i will keep in warmer. i never keep track how long the milk in warmer but 1 bag og my breastmilk is around 5-6 oz and can last around 2 feed so if 1 feed is every 2hrs then my milk will be in warmer for around 4 hrs. of course fresh will be better than frozen but i will always use the earlier expressed milk to feed lor.

hi mummies,

thanks for sharing.
its common for infant to leak milk even after burping. heard they will get better as they grow.

yinching

My girl 1 mth 1 week. She drink 100ml for every 3 hours. But have not reach 3 hours. she really start asking milk. But i will carry her or give her pacifier.. cause i dont want overfeed her. If i fee her early (before 3 hours), i afraid she vomit out.
Hi,

Today my girl is ! month old, now feeding her 100ml formula milk if there is not enough breastmilk. Sometimes pump out very little and sometimes more, how to increase the milk?Any advice?

Triquetra

Hi,

Today my girl is ! month old, now feeding her 100ml formula milk if there is not enough breastmilk. Sometimes pump out very little and sometimes more, how to increase the milk?Any advice?
Supplements, oats, fish, papaya soup, more fluid intake and pump/latch as often as possible.

hotmilktea

For myself, I maximize milk flow by pumping both sides till dry every 2 hours the moment my milk came in on the 3rd day after delivery.
Starting is only 60ml then slowly to 80ml, keep increasing till now 1 side can pump to 125ml every 3 hrs. But left side milk flow is lesser I don't know why sometimes only 40-60ml. my boy is starting to drink more like 120ml every 2.5hr. I didn't BF for 2-3 days coz I taking medicine, today just BF him back. My boy is 1 mth old today and it also means confinement over and I am all alone taking care of him now. Really need support and help frm mummies here who will be alone like me!

Alisa

For myself, I maximize milk flow by pumping both sides till dry every 2 hours the moment my milk came in on the 3rd day after delivery.
Starting is only 60ml then slowly to 80ml, keep increasing till now 1 side can pump to 125ml every 3 hrs. But left side milk flow is lesser I don't know why sometimes only 40-60ml. my boy is starting to drink more like 120ml every 2.5hr. I didn't BF for 2-3 days coz I taking medicine, today just BF him back. My boy is 1 mth old today and it also means confinement over and I am all alone taking care of him now. Really need support and help frm mummies here who will be alone like me!
i don pump every 3 hrs wan, i pump when i 1st wake up, sometimes can get 6oz each sometimes only 5oz each. then noon around 12pm pump again but only can get both side 5-6oz add together. evening i pump the last time, also sometimes 5-6oz each side. so me, i will try to do everything in the morning, like bath him, wash his clothing then i will have more free time for myself. i also cater tingkat lunch so i don have to cook.

My boy also, whether burp or no burp.
I lie him sideway, so when leak milk he wun get choke. Nurse taught me this way at hospital.
thanks, hotmilktea
is your boy leaking milk also? I feel peI ceh saw my girl leaking milk. got change cloth and everything.
if she cried when she slept, I will hurry carry her up straight to burp her. make very gan chong.

Last edited:
ya sometimes i also took that long to express if he disturb me lor... it depends le if left more than 50ml, i will keep in warmer. i never keep track how long the milk in warmer but 1 bag og my breastmilk is around 5-6 oz and can last around 2 feed so if 1 feed is every 2hrs then my milk will be in warmer for around 4 hrs. of course fresh will be better than frozen but i will always use the earlier expressed milk to feed lor.

its common for infant to leak milk even after burping. heard they will get better as they grow.
thanks for sharing the info.
alisa, do you mean take out 5 oz into warmer for 4 hours? when you need to feed ur son, then take the amount you need?
cause what I do is I take out the feeding amount and put in warmer. but sometime, my girl demand early, but the milk have not warm yet. but sometime, I take out early, then my girl she over sleep. really hard to estimate the timing.

this good work for pumping every 2.5 hour, I hope I can do that, but really no time for me.
dontt worry, maybe first two days u may feel stress to take care alone. but after few days, u will able manage to arrange the timing.
jia you. let us work hard together.

lyra

Hi! U started off with total breastfeeding or started off supplementing? The best way to increase supply is to have more demand, which is to let baby latch on more often and reduce infant formula intake. U think u can try that?

Hi,

Can check out this method to burp baby. Very effective for me and some other mummies.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I took care of my elder daughter by myself and now I am taking care of my boy by myself too. Now I pump about 2 ~ 3 times a day usually when hubby is around to help take care of the kids. I am total breastfeeding my boy now.
hi, triquetra.
thank the info.
I tried the method. is work. another method for me to burp my girl.

you are full time mother? you take care both kids without helper? how u do that? I should learn from you.
last weekend, my elder son (19moths) with me on last 2 days ( sat n sun, weekday with nanny). I feel about crazy to take care both kids together. when they fussy together, both want to carry. very headache. settle the boy already then have to settle baby. after settle baby, boy start fussy already. some more afraid my boy go to disturb my girl.
I told my husband, I feel like myself just a maid, do housework n take care both kids. cannot rest.

Triquetra

hi, triquetra.
thank the info.
I tried the method. is work. another method for me to burp my girl.

you are full time mother? you take care both kids without helper? how u do that? I should learn from you.
last weekend, my elder son (19moths) with me on last 2 days ( sat n sun, weekday with nanny). I feel about crazy to take care both kids together. when they fussy together, both want to carry. very headache. settle the boy already then have to settle baby. after settle baby, boy start fussy already. some more afraid my boy go to disturb my girl.
I told my husband, I feel like myself just a maid, do housework n take care both kids. cannot rest.
My elder girl (27 mths old) goes to the childcare but sometimes I take care of both by myself (no helper) when she misses school or over the weekends when hubby has works to do. Though my girl fusses too and many times I have to let didi cry to bring the elder to toilet, I think it's easier cause she can express her needs and listen to instructions :)

yinching

Hi,

Wow...You can pump so much, I always pump very little. sometimes both side only 40 ml or 50ml. The most is 60 ml.

hotmilktea

U can do it by keep pumping, if normally u do at 2hr, then u bring forward to 1.5hr. Even if no milk comes but u keep pumping.
This way stimulate. Slowly milk will increase. Can try try if u free.

Hi,

Wow...You can pump so much, I always pump very little. sometimes both side only 40 ml or 50ml. The most is 60 ml.

Alisa

thanks for sharing the info.
alisa, do you mean take out 5 oz into warmer for 4 hours? when you need to feed your son, then take the amount you need?
cause what I do is I take out the feeding amount and put in warmer. but sometime, my girl demand early, but the milk have not warm yet. but sometime, I take out early, then my girl she over sleep. really hard to estimate the timing.
ya the whole bag of 5oz will be in the warmer cuz i frozen my milk after express, only pour the amount needed after warm. think if the milk still not warm and yr gal is hungry, u give direct 1st ba. i will give direct if the bag only left like 50ml.