EDD October

lyra

I've also given my baby bottle fed EBM but so far he has no nipple confusion. Here are some precautions I took.
- in the beginning I never feed him using bottle. It's always my mother in law or husband who feed bottle. Then he'll know mother give breast feeding directly, grandma and dad give bottle, he can differentiate. Bcoz some babies r very smart. They know mother can give him bottle n since bottle flow is faster and easier for him, he'll fuss for bottle whenever mother offer him breast again.
- I use bottle nipple which reduce nipple confusion. The nipple must be slow flow. I use NUK brand, latex S size nipple which has slower flow and texture more like real nipple.
U can try to do this. Or maybe talk to lactation consultant about how to undo nipple confusion. If u call BMSG or Mount Alvernia parent craft to talk to the consultant, it's free of charge. I tried that b4 :)

All the best!

Thanks lyra for the encouragement.... :)
he should be having nipple rejection cos at the first taste of my breast he gave a scowl... yes have already given him bottle and pacifier...
i am also sad to scold him... but sometimes cannot help it... :(

hotmilktea

i just found out a useful way to burp and prevent the merlion - not all but help a lot. which is to place the baby on my chest, with his chin on my shoulder. but hv to support his neck very well coz still not strong at all.

yes, i also using NUK, but i used size M coz S he took forever to finish his milk. i dont think he has nipple confusion, he can still bottle feed and latch on. just that latch on is too long and tiring for me and too much struggle also.

Alisa

my son also ok when i bottle feed or direct latch but whenever direct latch, he will fall asleep within 5 mins... i will usually mix formula + breastmilk every feed but if i left around 90ml of milk, i will give him pure breastmilk too and he also sleep within 5 mins! hahah... my breastmilk is like his sleeping pill!

Hotmilktea, i cannot use yr way of burping, he will sure merlion wan. hee...

lyra

Its so interesting that merlion has become a noun! LOL!
Invented by hotmilktea haha
I use the same method as hotmilktea. my baby seems to like it. He seldom merlion nowadays unless he kept fussing n crying n gulp in air. He likes to be carried around by his dad in the way hotmilktea described even if not burping :)

Mindyling

I've also given my baby bottle fed EBM but so far he has no nipple confusion. Here are some precautions I took.
- in the beginning I never feed him using bottle. It's always my mother in law or husband who feed bottle. Then he'll know mother give breast feeding directly, grandma and dad give bottle, he can differentiate. Bcoz some babies r very smart. They know mother can give him bottle n since bottle flow is faster and easier for him, he'll fuss for bottle whenever mother offer him breast again.
- I use bottle nipple which reduce nipple confusion. The nipple must be slow flow. I use NUK brand, latex S size nipple which has slower flow and texture more like real nipple.
U can try to do this. Or maybe talk to lactation consultant about how to undo nipple confusion. If u call BMSG or Mount Alvernia parent craft to talk to the consultant, it's free of charge. I tried that b4 :)

All the best!
thanks for the advice... when i offered him my breast yesterday he was able to suck again but with much persuasion.... it was a 2 hour battle cos he sucked til we both slept and then sucked again.... really wanted him to suck dry my breasts so i can produce more...

hi mummies,
I get the information from book that baby below 6 months should sleep about 16 to 18 hours. but my girl not sleep so much. she keep wake up at day time. at night time she sometime can sleep longer about 3 hours for her next feeding.
I heard old people say baby grow up faster if sleep longer hours. so a little worry whether my girl she sleep too little.
I wondering how many hours your baby sleep a day. thanks.

hotmilktea

hahaha... it sounds really useful & we all knw how it is like when they spit milk!

my boy too, he likes to be carried this way & prefer to sit up also...becomes tiring for our arms coz got to hold high to support

Its so interesting that merlion has become a noun! LOL!
Invented by hotmilktea haha
I use the same method as hotmilktea. my baby seems to like it. He seldom merlion nowadays unless he kept fussing n crying n gulp in air. He likes to be carried around by his dad in the way hotmilktea described even if not burping :)

hotmilktea

isnt it good ? i m so envy that ur girl sleep longer at night!

dont worry about what old people say. babies will grow no matter sleep or awake so long they feed well

hi mummies,
I get the information from book that baby below 6 months should sleep about 16 to 18 hours. but my girl not sleep so much. she keep wake up at day time. at night time she some

time can sleep longer about 3 hours for her next feeding.
I heard old people say baby grow up faster if sleep longer hours. so a little worry whether my girl she sleep too little.
I wondering how many hours your baby sleep a day. thanks.

hotmilktea

mummies, r ur babies having baby acne? my boy has frm week 4 n this week is week 6 , seems getting worse.

sld i be concern? anything to apply?

dont worry about what old people say. babies will grow no matter sleep or awake so long they feed well[/QUOT

sometime she can sleep 2 hours at day time before next feeding. but sometime she very fussy, keep want me carry. I will carry her till she slept. but once I put her in bed, she open her eyes.
hotmilktea, how about ur son? he sleep how many hours? you manage handle him well now?

hotmilktea

it will be every 2 hrs he sleep and wakes up for his feed. day time he sleeps well, not so much of carrying. but at night, he makes me crazy. his eyes is sooooooo BIG. and i hv to carry and pat till he sleeps, then put in cot eyes open and kick and make noise again.

i am still struggling with the night feed, coz every 2 hrs very tired. if i am lucky sometimes his 3am night feed can stretch to 6am, then 9am.

dont worry about what old people say. babies will grow no matter sleep or awake so long they feed well[/QUOT

sometime she can sleep 2 hours at day time before next feeding. but sometime she very fussy, keep want me carry. I will carry her till she slept. but once I put her in bed, she open her eyes.
hotmilktea, how about ur son? he sleep how many hours? you manage handle him well now?

yinching

it will be every 2 hrs he sleep and wakes up for his feed. day time he sleeps well, not so much of carrying. but at night, he makes me crazy. his eyes is sooooooo BIG. and i hv to carry and pat till he sleeps, then put in cot eyes open and kick and make noise again.

i am still struggling with the night feed, coz every 2 hrs very tired. if i am lucky sometimes his 3am night feed can stretch to 6am, then 9am.

Hi,

My baby is same as yours, day time she can sleep but sometimes didn't sleep too much. Only 2 hours. But at night will be worst, she dun want to sleep and making alot of noise and crying. My mum and I hv to take turn to carry her to sleep. She always making us not enough sleep..

quesmama

my baby used to hv red spots like rashes on her face and neck (folded area) too but Drapolene cream (for nappy rash) works wonder for her. I apply a very thin layer on those area and it takes few days to subside.

lyra

I face the same prob, baby dun want to sleepn night feeds take very long so I've given up putting him in cot n let him sleep on our bed. When he feels my warmth beside him, he sleep faster n better. When he wants to feed, he dun ned to cry very long before I pop my nipple into his mouth. When I put him back in cot,he'll wake up n cry. So I just let him sleep beside me.

hi, how all mummies cope so far? ours baby 2 months soon.

just wondering any mummies let the baby tummy sleeping? some people told me baby will sleep more secure if tummy sleeping.

hotmilktea

Still very tired frm the night feed :( don't think I will ever get used to it, can only wait till the night feed reduce.

I don't let my son sleep in his tummy as I find dangerous. I only let him lie on his tummy when he is awake and I am with him.
I don't want to take the risk also. My son sleeps on his back and he get startle all the time even when place bean sprout pillow in his chest.
I just pat pat him.

hi, how all mummies cope so far? ours baby 2 months soon.

just wondering any mummies let the baby tummy sleeping? some people told me baby will sleep more secure if tummy sleeping.