EDD October

Alisa

Still very tired frm the night feed :( dont't think I will ever get used to it, can only wait till the night feed reduce.

I dont't let my son sleep in his tummy as I find dangerous. I only let him lie on his tummy when he is awake and I am with him.
I dont't want to take the risk also. My son sleeps on his back and he get startle all the time even when place bean sprout pillow in his chest.
I just pat pat him.
its very common, my son will be startled too even with his bean pillow but now seldom le. i will not let his sleep on his tummy too but on his side, his bean pillow across his tummy so he will not flip over too much.

sometimes my son will suddenly cry out very loud.. even we carry him he will still cry... but of course when not crying, he looked like an angle! hee... we try to drag his night feeding to every 3hrs but still cannot. he will sometimes still wake up less than 2hrs to feed.

what to do with nipple crack ya? i have been applying nipple cream since last week and reduce the pumping to twice a day le...now like the crack getting bigger le...

lyra

Mine startles too. I dun let him sleep on tummy coz afraid he'll turn until he couldn't breathe and suffocate.
Hotmilktea, I dun feel so tired at night already coz I let him sleep beside me. When he woke up and cry, I just pop nipple into his mouth and he suck happily. I sleep while he suck until he fall asleep. Sometimes I need to burb him after feed if I am still awake. After burping, he'll still be sleepy. I only change diaper once, during his last night feed which is about 4am. I change before feed so that he'll fall asleep again after the feed. When he's drowsy, he usually won't cry much.

Alisa, mine crack all the time when he's below 1 mth coz he hasn't learn to latch well. I apply breast milk and then nipple cream regularly. And I air dry my nipple every night to allow it to heal.

what to do with nipple crack ya? i have been applying nipple cream since last week and reduce the pumping to twice a day le...now like the crack getting bigger le...

Lostkitty

Hi All mummies, have gave birth to my little girl on 20th Oct and now coming to 6wks 2 days (Not sure if correct. Pls correct me if im wrong.) I have once trying to reject my bb during my confinement period becos due to breastfeeding. I don't produce much BM and every time after latching, she still not satisfy and have to give Formula Milk to her. I have stop breastfeeding now and tried to express BM. Can only produce less than 20 - 30ml every day so I have already gave up yesterday. I do really envy those mummies that are persevere in giving breastmilk and able to produce alot of breastmilk. Thumbs up.

I wondering, have any mummies gave pacifier to their little ones? My girl seems to be going thru growth spurth and she cry for milk before the feeding time. In order to lengthen the time, we gave her pacifier and she went back to sleep. We put her in sarong where she sleeps more longer in day and night time. If we fed her at 10.30 - 11pm, she will only wake up at ard 4am. Afterwhich, I will try to put her down on bed with me where i keep patting her leg to sleep. She will make noise again every hr and have to pat her again to sleep. Guess she doesn't like to sleep on bed. Hopefully she used to bed again when she grows up... Cross finger...

hotmilktea

my son is feeding now on minimum 120ml every 2 hours, or 3 hours if i am lucky and if he is sleepy too comfort in yao lan which i only put him in if he still dont sleep at 3am. but lately he is drinking 170ml twice a day, should be just growth spurt.

for nipple crack, i bought the nipple gel and the nipple shield from Medela, i must say it really helps a lot. if you got to wear your bra and clothes back after apply the cream, then put the shield on to prevent abrasion with ur bra, if not after apply cream, air dry it . it really helps me a lot when at week 2-3 my baby learning to latch was so painful to me.

its very common, my son will be startled too even with his bean pillow but now seldom le. i will not let his sleep on his tummy too but on his side, his bean pillow across his tummy so he will not flip over too much.

sometimes my son will suddenly cry out very loud.. even we carry him he will still cry... but of course when not crying, he looked like an angle! hee... we try to drag his night feeding to every 3hrs but still cannot. he will sometimes still wake up less than 2hrs to feed.

hotmilktea

thats good for u! my son still takes forever to latch so i am still doing EBM for him. with EBM, i got to wake up to pump, then sterile the bottles etc... it is really a lot more work then direct latch. i wish i can direct too! but oh well...so long he feeds well, i am happy already.

today bring my son to PD, spent another $118 on 2 creams, because he got really bad rashes on his face, it is called Seborrhea. these are small red patches on skin, and the eye brow there got flakes of skins peeling off. i am glad the cream works, after the application, its less red now, but the skin flakes on the brow still there... sometimes i feel PD really suck us dry.

ur baby pee little? i change during every feed time, his diaper is always wet , sometimes even heavy. so definitely must change. my mum will change even if just 1 pee ! she say urine is 'salty' must change..diaper very ex lor.

Mine startles too. I dun let him sleep on tummy coz afraid he'll turn until he couldn't breathe and suffocate.
Hotmilktea, I dun feel so tired at night already coz I let him sleep beside me. When he woke up and cry, I just pop nipple into his mouth and he suck happily. I sleep while he suck until he fall asleep. Sometimes I need to burb him after feed if I am still awake. After burping, he'll still be sleepy. I only change diaper once, during his last night feed which is about 4am. I change before feed so that he'll fall asleep again after the feed. When he's drowsy, he usually won't cry much.

Alisa, mine crack all the time when he's below 1 mth coz he hasn't learn to latch well. I apply breast milk and then nipple cream regularly. And I air dry my nipple every night to allow it to heal.

Alisa

Mine startles too. I dont let him sleep on tummy coz afraid he'll turn until he couldn't breathe and suffocate.
Hotmilktea, I dont feel so tired at night already coz I let him sleep beside me. When he woke up and cry, I just pop nipple into his mouth and he suck happily. I sleep while he suck until he fall asleep. Sometimes I need to burb him after feed if I am still awake. After burping, he'll still be sleepy. I only change diaper once, during his last night feed which is about 4am. I change before feed so that he'll fall asleep again after the feed. When he's drowsy, he usually won't cry much.

Alisa, mine crack all the time when he's below 1 month coz he hasn't learn to latch well. I apply breast milk and then nipple cream regularly. And I air dry my nipple every night to allow it to heal.
i will leak milk even in sleep so have to wear bra... but i fold my tit downwards cuz the crack is on the upper part so to air it. but i feel as long i pump, it will crack again... i don feel pain while pumping, the pain only kicks in after i finish pumping... my hubby told me, if too painful then stop expressing but i will engorge... hai..

Hi All mummies, have gave birth to my little girl on 20th Oct and now coming to 6wks 2 days (Not sure if correct. Pls correct me if im wrong.) I have once trying to reject my baby during my confinement period becos due to breastfeeding. I dont't produce much breast milk and every time after latching, she still not satisfy and have to give Formula Milk to her. I have stop breastfeeding now and tried to express breast milk. Can only produce less than 20 - 30ml every day so I have already gave up yesterday. I do really envy those mummies that are persevere in giving breastmilk and able to produce alot of breastmilk. Thumbs up.

I wondering, have any mummies gave pacifier to their little ones? My girl seems to be going thru growth spurth and she cry for milk before the feeding time. In order to lengthen the time, we gave her pacifier and she went back to sleep. We put her in sarong where she sleeps more longer in day and night time. If we fed her at 10.30 - 11pm, she will only wake up at around 4am. Afterwhich, I will try to put her down on bed with me where i keep patting her leg to sleep. She will make noise again every hr and have to pat her again to sleep. Guess she doesn't like to sleep on bed. Hopefully she used to bed again when she grows up... Cross finger...
i gave my son pacifier even b4 he turn 1mth... we don wan to but he kept crying so we try pacifier and it works! but sometimes he don wan pacifier himself.

my son is feeding now on minimum 120ml every 2 hours, or 3 hours if i am lucky and if he is sleepy too comfort in yao lan which i only put him in if he still dont sleep at 3am. but lately he is drinking 170ml twice a day, should be just growth spurt.

for nipple crack, i bought the nipple gel and the nipple shield from Medela, i must say it really helps a lot. if you got to wear your bra and clothes back after apply the cream, then put the shield on to prevent abrasion with your bra, if not after apply cream, air dry it . it really helps me a lot when at week 2-3 my baby learning to latch was so painful to me.
wow! yr son candrink alot le! i have now only started to increase the water to 110ml but just now he only drink 20ml and slept for around 3hrs! so surprising! ya i realised he like to listen to SENS music, i played it and he can sleep well. hahaha...

my hubby thinking of buying nipple shield too.. so when expressing, its without the shield is it?

thats good for you! my son still takes forever to latch so i am still doing EBM for him. with EBM, i got to wake up to pump, then sterile the bottles etc... it is really a lot more work then direct latch. i wish i can direct too! but oh well...so long he feeds well, i am happy already.

today bring my son to pediatrician, spent another $118 on 2 creams, because he got really bad rashes on his face, it is called Seborrhea. these are small red patches on skin, and the eye brow there got flakes of skins peeling off. i am glad the cream works, after the application, its less red now, but the skin flakes on the brow still there... sometimes i feel pediatrician really suck us dry.

your baby pee little? i change during every feed time, his diaper is always wet , sometimes even heavy. so definitely must change. my mum will change even if just 1 pee ! she say urine is 'salty' must change..diaper very ex .
my son face is also have rashes like spot then it grow bigger. i apply breastmilk on it and it helps. his eyebrow also have skin flakes, what i do is, when bathing, use the wash cloth to gently rub on his eyebrow then apply Johnson & Johnson lotion (pink). now no more flakes le.

lyra

Of course mine leaks too but covering up all the time id not helping the healing, so what I did is I sleep on my side, put a nappy cloth on the bed where my breast are n just let the milk leak onto the cloth. Next morn, really heal fast. Sometimes I cover up during the last nite feed, nor wait until morn. if very wet, then change nappy cloth.

The pain will subside. My naughty boy still likes to pull off my nipple! but I now got so used to it, I dun feel pain anymore.

i will leak milk even in sleep so have to wear bra... but i fold my tit downwards cuz the crack is on the upper part so to air it. but i feel as long i pump, it will crack again... i don feel pain while pumping, the pain only kicks in after i finish pumping... my hubby told me, if too painful then stop expressing but i will engorge... hai...

Alisa

Of course mine leaks too but covering up all the time id not helping the healing, so what I did is I sleep on my side, put a nappy cloth on the bed where my breast are n just let the milk leak onto the cloth. Next morn, really heal fast. Sometimes I cover up during the last nite feed, nor wait until morn. if very wet, then change nappy cloth.

The pain will subside. My naughty boy still likes to pull off my nipple! but I now got so used to it, I dun feel pain anymore.
ok i will try that. thanks Lyra.

hi,mummies
is anyone feed the formula n breastmilk?
I feed my baby Ebm at day time n formula at night time. recently, my baby she vomit (even vomit from nose) 4 time within a month when I feed her breastmilk. someone told me, I should stop give baby Ebm to avoid vomit. I so upset n feel stress. this make feel like given up expressing my breastmilk to baby.
what should I do?

I apply yao lan to my girl, but she won't sleep long ( just half hour). how I know my baby like to sleep in yao lan or not?
recently, feel very stressful as feeding n her sleeping.

lyra

It's not breast milk that caused baby to vomit. Did u burp babu until u hear a burp sound? Bottle fed babies usually always swallow in air. If the air is not burped out, baby will vomit out the milk of subsequent feeds. That was what happened to my baby. He merlion so much that we got worried but now we r just frustrated with the need to keep changing his clothes, no longer worried abt his vomiting milk coz he's gaining weight well and spitting milk is very normal for babies below 3 months old.

Formula milk also make babies more gassy. Maybe that's y she fuss n vomit? Total breastfed babies seldom get colic n gassiness coz breast milk isn't so gassy. It's more easily digested. So actually the EBM is better for ur bb. Maybe switch to all EBM n c whether it's better?

hi,mummies
I feed my baby Ebm at day time n formula at night time. recently, my baby she vomit (even vomit from nose) 4 time within a month when I feed her breastmilk. someone told me, I should stop give baby Ebm to avoid vomit. I so upset n feel stress. this make feel like given up expressing my breastmilk to baby.
what should I do?

I apply yao lan to my girl, but she won't sleep long ( just half hour). how I know my baby like to sleep in yao lan or not?

Alisa

It's not breast milk that caused baby to vomit. Did you burp babu until you hear a burp sound? Bottle fed babies usually always swallow in air. If the air is not burped out, baby will vomit out the milk of subsequent feeds. That was what happened to my baby. He merlion so much that we got worried but now we r just frustrated with the need to keep changing his clothes, no longer worried about his vomiting milk coz he's gaining weight well and spitting milk is very normal for babies below 3 months old.

Formula milk also make babies more gassy. Maybe that's y she fuss n vomit? Total breastfed babies seldom get colic n gassiness coz breast milk isn't so gassy. It's more easily digested. So actually the EBM is better for your baby. Maybe switch to all EBM n c whether it's better?
ya, pangsn7376, its not the breastmilk that make yr gal vomit even from nose. try to sit her straight after feed even she cannot burp. i always carry my son very straight to lessen his vomiting.

It's not breast milk that caused baby to vomit. Did u burp babu until u hear a burp sound? Bottle fed babies usually always swallow in air. If the air is not burped out, baby will vomit out the milk of subsequent feeds. That was what happened to my baby. He merlion so much that we got worried but now we r just frustrated with the need to keep changing his clothes, no longer worried abt his vomiting milk coz he's gaining weight well and spitting milk is very normal for babies below 3 months old.

Formula milk also make babies more gassy. Maybe that's y she fuss n vomit? Total breastfed babies seldom get colic n gassiness coz breast milk isn't so gassy. It's more easily digested. So actually the EBM is better for ur bb. Maybe switch to all EBM n c whether it's better?
lyra, I told those people is not Ebm cause vomited, but they refuse to listen. they may me change to formula, but I didn't listen, I still continue feeding her Ebm.
I did burp my girl every feeding, sometime even more than one time. but my girl she very funny, even after burp, half to one hour later, she will crying to request me burp her again. this happen most of feeding. if I forget burp her when she carrying, then she will vomit and leaking some milk out.
I don't know is this normal for most babies.
but at night time, this pattern will not happen. funny right. I also don't know why.

lyra, I don't enough breastmilk and I only able to pumping 2 or 3 time a day. supply not enough for my girl. I actually so envy u can latch on and breastfeeding ur boy. somemore supply more than demand. so good.

ya, pangsn7376, its not the breastmilk that make yr gal vomit even from nose. try to sit her straight after feed even she cannot burp. i always carry my son very straight to lessen his vomiting.
alisa, my girl she vomited during feeding. mean I still feeding, she have not finishing the milk, then already vomiting.
during the time she vomiting, my girl she look very terrible, like very suffer.

Eliza

hi,mummies
what should I do?

Don't feel stressed out. My son was exactly like that when he was younger. He merlioned almost every day but according to PD, it doesn't matter. Prob your gal's tummy is not big enough and cannot digest too much milk at one time or prob she is intolerant or doesn't like milk. All babies are different and it is definitely not your EBM that causes the vomiting. I was stress like you too but eventually they WILL outgrow it. Until now, my son still cannot drink more than 150ml of milk at one go. BUT, he eats like a horse during meal times (bread, biscuits, rice, noodles, porridge etc..) and drink 200ml of milo or 150ml of ribena with ice-cream together with NO problem. But of course there are times he refused to open his mouth (test his boundaries with me). So don't feel stressed out and don't feel pressured by others. Ur child knows how much they need. Is ur gals tummy hard? If so, apply Ru Yi You and my PD's recommendation is always: cut down the milk and start again little by little of milk and add on again when she's alright. My son was on half breast milk and half formula too and he too doesn't like yao lan. So not to worry, just put her in the crib side ways (like adult sleeping if you don't want to put her on tummy) with a small bolster in between. Hope that helps. :)

hi, eliza. yes, I apply ru yi you everyday after my girl shower out.
I understand every babies are different. maybe I not experience, sometime I really don't know what my girl want. I feel like helpless. no one can help me.
sometime I just carry my girl if she keep crying. then she can sleep well when I carry her. when I try to put her in bed then she will open her eyes and look at me. she feelknow what I going to do. if I sleep togetherwith her, when I get up to do housework, she will crying after I leave her alone. she feel can smell me. this make me sometime cannot do anything.
but sometime, she sleep like angel. I know she is my angel no matter how.

Alisa

lyra, I told those people is not Ebm cause vomited, but they refuse to listen. they may me change to formula, but I didn't listen, I still continue feeding her Ebm.
I did burp my girl every feeding, sometime even more than one time. but my girl she very funny, even after burp, half to one hour later, she will crying to request me burp her again. this happen most of feeding. if I forget burp her when she carrying, then she will vomit and leaking some milk out.
I dont't know is this normal for most babies.
but at night time, this pattern will not happen. funny right. I also dont't know why.

lyra, I dont't enough breastmilk and I only able to pumping 2 or 3 time a day. supply not enough for my girl. I actually so envy you can latch on and breastfeeding your boy. somemore supply more than demand. so good.
are those ppl old folks? sorry to say but old folks are being taught breastmilk is not good... there was once i was warming my breastmilk, my aunty ask whats that? she is referring to my breastmilk, cuz she didnt know breastmilk is like milk colour, she heard her old folks saying, breastmilk after being express, will turn to blood! ... u know what is good and we breastfeeding mother knows what is good too, stick with it.

maybe try to latch her on 10mins, burp then continue to feed le?

dont't feel stressed out. My son was exactly like that when he was younger. He merlioned almost every day but according to pediatrician, it doesn't matter. Prob your gal's tummy is not big enough and cannot digest too much milk at one time or prob she is intolerant or doesn't like milk. All babies are different and it is definitely not your EBM that causes the vomiting. I was stress like you too but eventually they WILL outgrow it. Until now, my son still cannot drink more than 150ml of milk at one go. BUT, he eats like a horse during meal times (bread, biscuits, rice, noodles, porridge etc..) and drink 200ml of milo or 150ml of ribena with ice-cream together with NO problem. But of course there are times he refused to open his mouth (test his boundaries with me). So dont't feel stressed out and dont't feel pressured by others. your child knows how much they need. Is your gals tummy hard? If so, apply Ru Yi You and my pediatrician's recommendation is always: cut down the milk and start again little by little of milk and add on again when she's alright. My son was on half breast milk and half formula too and he too doesn't like yao lan. So not to worry, just put her in the crib side ways (like adult sleeping if you dont't want to put her on tummy) with a small bolster in between. Hope that helps. :)
my son don like bolster..., he always kick it away.. but u can try.

Eliza

hi, eliza. yes, I apply ru yi you everyday after my girl shower out.
I understand every babies are different. maybe I not experience, sometime I really dont't know what my girl want. I feel like helpless. no one can help me.
sometime I just carry my girl if she keep crying. then she can sleep well when I carry her. when I try to put her in bed then she will open her eyes and look at me. she feelknow what I going to do. if I sleep togetherwith her, when I get up to do housework, she will crying after I leave her alone. she feel can smell me. this make me sometime cannot do anything.
but sometime, she sleep like angel. I know she is my angel no matter how.
Don't feel helpless. Need to stay strong. I'd really been thru what you are going thru now. So I do know the stress level you are at. Just remember they will outgrow it and you just have to be patient. I had weeks that I had to carry my son to sleep every night (until I had backache). I was leaning on the headboard carrying and patting him (Not even sure if I did sleep) because of his intolerant to milk and just to keep his milk down. However, I DO NOT encourage you to do this coz it is quite dangerous for the baby. I was also crying with him in my arms asking him what he wants and that is when I realized I was abt to enter depression. I just told myself I have to snap back and take care of my baby. I have no one to help me as well coz I was living with my in-laws (well, I don't want to start all the crap abt in-laws again). There were times he looked at me as though he understood and I still remember there was one time he patted my head when I was crying. Remember what you loved abt ur gal, remember she can sleep like an angel and that will be ur motivation. :)

Alisa

hi pangsn7376, u can do it cuz we are going thru the early stage of their growing. it will be difficult in the begining. im also looking after my son alone, my fil will only help to play with him or sometimes feed him during the day if he is not tired, other than that, im doing everything myself, including some of the hse work.

i put him in a combi rocker so after feed, i will put him there and rock him to sleep, unless he kept crying if not i will try not to carry him. i would love to cuddle him but i know it will not be good in the long run. i also use pacifier le.

ya my son now kept sticking his tongue out like he is licking something. anybody knows what this means?

Eliza

hi pangsn7376, u can do it cuz we are going thru the early stage of their growing. it will be difficult in the begining. im also looking after my son alone, my fil will only help to play with him or sometimes feed him during the day if he is not tired, other than that, im doing everything myself, including some of the hse work.

i put him in a combi rocker so after feed, i will put him there and rock him to sleep, unless he kept crying if not i will try not to carry him. i would love to cuddle him but i know it will not be good in the long run. i also use pacifier le.

ya my son now kept sticking his tongue out like he is licking something. anybody knows what this means?
hahas.. licking for ice-cream?? :p Just kidding. Clean ur finger and put on his gum to check around if it's hard or best, if there's any white spot. Might be tooth erupting.. If so, get teething gel from pharmacy and put a little bit on the gum. :)

Alisa

hahas.. licking for ice-cream?? :p Just kidding. Clean ur finger and put on his gum to check around if it's hard or best, if there's any white spot. Might be tooth erupting.. If so, get teething gel from pharmacy and put a little bit on the gum. :)
at 8 weeks? actually i did told my hubby, maybe his is teething, hee... ok, will check his gums. Thanks Eliza.