EDD Sep 2010

happybaby

I've been contacted by MumBabyBliss for a free trial prenatal massage - probably going for it this weekend. :) Has anyone tried them before? They're located on the 8th floor of Forum Galleria.
wow that's good. they contacted me too..but no trial leh..i find their pricing a bit high..$98 for 60 min (Pre-natal massage)

Priss

Hi there!

My mother is available to be a Confinement Lady and she is having so much passion about it. She loves children and has good cooking skills. She is a Malaysian, chinese, 58+, speaks chinese, cantonese, hokkien. All 5 of my brothers and sisters are grown up now, and she is happy to provide her service to any mother.
Anyone interested contact via taipriscilla@yahoo.com

Avelynn

Baby Boy
1. cheng0605 - Thomson Medical Center 02 Sept
2. Delvy - Thomson Medical Center 8 Sept
3. mickey88 - Thomson Medical Center 6th Sept
4. pinkymummy - Thomson Medical Center 26 Sept
5. lovemk87 - Thomson Medical Center 23 Sept
6. kittymeowmeow - Thomson Medical Center 29 Sept
7. bubbleblue - Mt. A 15 Sept
8. Avelynn - Mt. A 23rd Sept

Baby Gal
1. Mecolemummy - Mt. A 12 Sept
2. Nightingale - Mt. A 12 Sept :p
3. happybaby - Thomson Medical Center 03 Sept
4. raine - Thomson Medical Centre 12 Sept :001_302:
5. Mrs_EG - Thomson Medical Center 18 SEP :p
6. Jaslyn - Thomson Medical Center 21 Sept :001_302:
7. Danerine - Mt. A 7 Sept :001_302:
8. Christinawong - Mt. A 24 Sept
9. Adelene - singapore general hospital 24 Sept
10. MR300909 - Kandang Kerbau Hospital 13 Sept
11. xian - Kandang Kerbau Hospital 23 Sept
12. bee - Gleneagles 28 Sept
13. MummyK - Mt. A 28 Sept
14. Claralicious - Mt. A 1 Sept
15.Excited hubby - Thomson Medical Center 20 Sept

nightingale

wow that's good. they contacted me too..but no trial ..i find their pricing a bit high..$98 for 60 min (Pre-natal massage)
Oh no I was mistaken - turns out that it is a trial session at a promotional price of $48. Just found out today when they called to confirm my appointment. :p

I read somewhere that our babies will poo when they are in our tummies. Is this true? Why would this happen? Anyone heard your gynae mentioned about this before?

rainforest

Alpha Male
From what i know, baby's first poo is known as meconium. If this happens during your labour, it usually indicates that the baby is stressed. It'll result complications if swallowed.

It's greenish that's why its important to note the colour and time if your water breaks before admission to hospital.

mrs_eg

It's been really quiet in here lately...

How's everyone doing???

How's all the preparation???

We have abt 1 mth plus to go ppl... hahaha :Dancing_wub: cant wait!!!

nightingale

It's been really quiet in here lately...

How's everyone doing???

How's all the preparation???

We have about 1 month plus to go ppl... hahaha :Dancing_wub: cant wait!!!
Yes yes! Getting really excited just thinking about the big day. The last time I was this excited was before the wedding, lol! Have been busy with work, attending prenatal sessions (all the yummy details about epidurals and episiotomies haha!) Baby shopping is nearly complete - now just waiting for my breast pumps to arrive and buy diapers after giving birth (so as to gauge the right size). :D

Oh ya I still have not 'booked' my post-natal massage lady! Better start looking around!

I think I have started to waddle when I walk. And ankles starting to show some signs of water retention, and in my fingers too (wedding ring feels a bit snug). Wore heels 2 days ago for just 2 hours for an event - and the ankle swelling was immediate! So scary!

Last edited:

mrs_eg

Yes yes! Getting really excited just thinking about the big day. The last time I was this excited was before the wedding, lol! Have been busy with work, attending prenatal sessions (all the yummy details about epidurals and episiotomies haha!) Baby shopping is nearly complete - now just waiting for my breast pumps to arrive and buy diapers after giving birth (so as to gauge the right size). :D

Oh ya I still have not 'booked' my post-natal massage lady! Better start looking around!

I think I have started to waddle when I walk. And ankles starting to show some signs of water retention, and in my fingers too (wedding ring feels a bit snug). Wore heels 2 days ago for just 2 hours for an event - and the ankle swelling was immediate! So scary!
Ya.. It is exciting...
hehehe...

I've also did the most of my baby shopping except... hmmm I still cant decide which stroller to buy... hahahaha.... am looking for an affordable one that can be face-to-face, but it cannot be Combi cos my hubby dun like... hahaha(we are fussy parents)... anyway... will keep looking...

as for post-natal massage... I booked the Babies Bellies one... Not sure the svc really good... anyway Im a not a big fan of massages anyway... basically jus hope to get back into shape and the price is affordable there...

toking abt swelling... I cannot wear some of the maternity pants tat I bought in late 1 trimester already... sobss.... shld have bought a much larger size... didnt know pregnancy can really make one grow SO MUCH larger in every parts of the body... !!!!

mrs_eg

oh ya!!! anyone buying those traditional herbal bath? or are you gals seriously gona stick to the no bathing rule during confinement???

Im thinking of whether to buy these... (was told these smell better)
Warming Body Wash and Shampoo for Confinement....
A shop@home.pro E-commerce Site
see under catalog of "POstpartum"

I was at the Mom Essentials in united sq the other day... I saw these...
Kanpei Pte Ltd - Products - No Rinse Shampoo
Kanpei Pte Ltd - Products - No Rinse Body Wash
Got tester so I tested it... smells sooo nice... like baby powder...

happybaby

oh ya!!! anyone buying those traditional herbal bath? or are you gals seriously gona stick to the no bathing rule during confinement???

Im thinking of whether to buy these... (was told these smell better)
Warming Body Wash and Shampoo for Confinement....
A shop@home.pro E-commerce Site
see under catalog of "POstpartum"

I was at the Mom Essentials in united sq the other day... I saw these...
Kanpei Pte Ltd - Products - No Rinse Shampoo
Kanpei Pte Ltd - Products - No Rinse Body Wash
Got tester so I tested it... smells sooo nice... like baby powder...
hi mrs eng
can the body and shampoo replace the traditional herbal bath?

mrs_eg

hi mrs eng
can the body and shampoo replace the traditional herbal bath?
Well a friend of mine used the warming shampoo n bath in place of the herbal one... And the website suggested that they use ingredients that work the same way as the traditional herbs... Thats why I am also deciding if i shld buy it or just buy both (tis n traditional herbs)... One to use when my mum is around and another to use when i manage to sneak a nice bath...

As for the no rinse one... Ive bought it too... Maybe to use in between any kind of herbal bath... Anyway it smells so nice... Hehehe

Mickey88

Ya.. It is exciting...
hehehe...

I've also did the most of my baby shopping except... hmmm I still cant decide which stroller to buy... hahahaha.... am looking for an affordable one that can be face-to-face, but it cannot be Combi cos my hubby dont like... hahaha(we are fussy parents)... anyway... will keep looking...

as for post-natal massage... I booked the Babies Bellies one... Not sure the svc really good... anyway Im a not a big fan of massages anyway... basically just hope to get back into shape and the price is affordable there...

talking about swelling... I cannot wear some of the maternity pants that I bought in late 1 trimester already... sobss.... shld have bought a much larger size... didnt know pregnancy can really make one grow SO MUCH larger in every parts of the body... !!!!
Hi mrs eg,

thanks for the website on post natal massage. but i still have yet to decide whether i should book for the massages. hai... got to make up my mind fast...

another affordable brand for stroller is capella. price cheaper than combi .... worth considering...

lucky all my clothes that bought earlier still can wear .... otherwise has to waste money again .... but my feet dun reduce swelling so fast nowadays... last time overnight the feet will be back to normal... hai ....

shopping left a bit not purchased yet.... very tired nowadays....

mrs_eg

Hey mickey88,

No prob! Hope the info is of sm help though...
Ya, capella has a few face2face models... But hehehe i dun really fancy... Hehe....

Yup, true true... Get tired easily... Maybe bcos I can nv sleep well at night... Id wake up every 2 hrs approximately... Getting heavier too... Hv to walk very slowly.... Otherwise the weight makes me wana pee... :p

dl28

hello ladies..

my baby has moved head down from my last appt. so everytime the baby moves..i got to pee. it sure feels like the baby is hitting my bladder..
i have lost sleep due to difficulty in breathing and the bulge..hiaz..but it seems i did not put much weight..hehehe been maintaining it well.

and now do work all i slow motion..hehehe.. i am stocking upon diapers..clearing the room...more busy at home than at work..

nightingale

hello ladies..

my baby has moved head down from my last appt. so everytime the baby moves..i got to pee. it sure feels like the baby is hitting my bladder..
i have lost sleep due to difficulty in breathing and the bulge..sigh..but it seems i did not put much weight..hehehe been maintaining it well.

and now do work all i slow motion..hehehe.. i am stocking upon diapers..clearing the room...more busy at home than at work..
Hi dl28,
You could try sleeping with your head and shoulders slightly elevated (prop up with 2-3 pillows) so that your uterus doesn't press down so much on your lungs and diaphragm. I sleep on my couch with my body at almost 45 degrees and find this position most comfortable for me. :)

yanqiu

lekdao

Hi dl28,
You could try sleeping with your head and shoulders slightly elevated (prop up with 2-3 pillows) so that your uterus doesn't press down so much on your lungs and diaphragm. I sleep on my couch with my body at almost 45 degrees and find this position most comfortable for me. :)
hahaha ..... i experienced slept at 45 degrees with my 1st pregnancy. every nite gotta lay the bed with 4-5 pillows and apply tiger palm cream on my back b4 i can get to sleep. Can never forget the bad experience. Luckily 2nd pregnancy dun experience that.