EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

From what I understand, it's a test for down syndrome only. They will do a blood test plus an ultrasound scan of the nuchal fold at the back of your baby's neck. Then they will tell you the results in ratios - 1:7000 babies etc. My doc says its considered a positive test if your ratio is 1:300 or less. Its not an absolute yes or no, but just an estimate.

felicity

good morning everyone!
omg climbing up the stairs is killing me but my staffroom is on level 3 and there's no lift! i'm already panting halfway up... and there's way more climbing session throughout the day... sitting in office right now... just recovered from the panting...

Which hospital?
hi jaspzz! my oscar will be taken at tmc. hubby thinking to deliver at mt A.
and ya, i like your signature too! keke...

Moonjellie thanks! mine is next tues and honestly i dunno what to expect. i'm always v clueless and do what the 'experts' say to do... =/ just taking things one step at a time...

Last edited:

lizzy2101

anyone here seeing Dr. Roland Cheng from Park East Hospital? I decided to continue having him as my Ob-gyn since I wanna deliver in Park East cos it's near my place...

Juan

Good morning everyone. Can we drink rose tea? I mean those dried rose flower with hot water. I found out this can ease my vomitting... I still considering to do the OSCAR test or not since my 1st never do also...

mflee1312

hi im in my 9th week today, but todate, thank God I've not experience MS. Some say its still too early to tell so am keeping my fingers & toes crossed.

Am considering oscar test due to my age (40) but am scared to face the results and wat to expect.
hi all,

I can't believe I didn't join this thread earlier!

I'm about 8 to 9 weeks along now, and I'm hoping with all my heart that my nausea will start to abate. it's killing me, feeling so nauseous every day, every hour, every minute. I have forgotten what it feels like to be normal, and to eat like I used to - i.e. a few large, satisfying meals a day.

have any of you start to NOT feel nauseous anymore? (for those who have nausea in the first place - I know some lucky women don't feel nauseous at all). come on, give me something to look forward to!

are any of you going to test your baby for down syndrome? I'm very torn about this one - if I test, there may be a very high chance of a false positive, which would make me worried sick and would make me go for the more invasive amniocentesis, but there is a 1 in 100 chance the baby will miscarry. jeez.

have you all started to buy maternity clothes? a larger bra size? I now only wear billowy dresses.. but running out of them for work. and my current bras are just getting too damn tight for me. grr.

catch you all around!

Hiya ladies, I was considering whether to do or not to do the scan earlier as well. Think the main thing is whether you & your hubby would want to keep the baby if the results are indeed positive, of course bearing in mind that there could be false positives too! (As if we lot are not confused enough already ;p ) My girlfriend was telling me not to waste my money to do the scan if my decision is to keep the baby no matter what the results are. But I reasoned that knowing earlier will allow myself to be mentally prepared for who I will receive into my life in another 6 mths time. Ultimately, go with what makes you comfortable!

Mflee, don't worry... One of my sister's church friend gave birth at 40 too and her beautiful baby girl is so smart & healthy! :)

Reiann, my nauseousness was its worst around week 6-8. Now I'm about 11 weeks and thank god my MS as well as tiredness is beginning to taper off. I'm beginning to get back aches & soreness though... Oh well, the joys of pregnancy I suppose! :)

Yingver07

Hi mummies, i've went for OSCAR & blood test..i was worried before i went for the test.

There's no need to worry & stress too much..not good for the baby. You'll be much more relieve after you went for the OSCAR test..& rem it's not 100% accurate.

If your result turn out to be positive then good for u, if it's negative you can choose whether to opt for amnio test for accurate result.

Be positive mummies!
But of course up to individual's comfort too.

mflee1312

thx babe!!
Hiya ladies, I was considering whether to do or not to do the scan earlier as well. Think the main thing is whether you & your hubby would want to keep the baby if the results are indeed positive, of course bearing in mind that there could be false positives too! (As if we lot are not confused enough already ;p ) My girlfriend was telling me not to waste my money to do the scan if my decision is to keep the baby no matter what the results are. But I reasoned that knowing earlier will allow myself to be mentally prepared for who I will receive into my life in another 6 mths time. Ultimately, go with what makes you comfortable!

Mflee, don't worry... One of my sister's church friend gave birth at 40 too and her beautiful baby girl is so smart & healthy! :)

Reiann, my nauseousness was its worst around week 6-8. Now I'm about 11 weeks and thank god my MS as well as tiredness is beginning to taper off. I'm beginning to get back aches & soreness though... Oh well, the joys of pregnancy I suppose! :)

Radical

Brought my wife down to the Gynae yesterday. Oh my, little one has grown more define now with hands and legs clearly seen. I think I even saw a wee wee. :001_302: No I'm not imagining things. Even the Gynae guess it may be a boy but added that it is still too early as changes are still going on. It will a month more before we know the gender.

We will be taking the Oscar test in 2 weeks time but the whole of Feb is fully booked. Walk in only.
Wow there will be a lot more Dragon babies this year then I can imagine.

There's some encouragement from my Gynae that I'd like to share with everyone.
He said "Don't worry, the morning sickness is to tell you that your baby is growing fine."
Happy Mummy, Happy Baby <- This is from me.
Cheers!

Asphere

i decided to join this thread too as my edd is early oct. so there may be a possibility my child is born in sept :) its my 2nd kid keke cheers

Lingz12

Wow.. This thread is so active todae.. Haha.. Me feeling nauseous the whole day and puked water in the morning.. Sobz.. My worst day so far.. But I suppose it means little one is growing very fast inside! Can't wait to see little one again on Sat!

As for Oscar test, I'm also thinking about it.. Will prob take to avoid being paranoid for the remaining 7mths..

Hang on mummies! First trimester is over soon!

felicity

hi asphere!

yingver and Radical, thanks for sharing!

*hugs for Lingz* hope the nauseous feeling has gone away! my body adapts too well to work! usually i'm in such a rush and kept so busy at work that i hardly feel sick, although frequently feel hungry. sometimes i run around and some colleagues who know will tell me i shouldn't be running, esp up and down the stairs which quickly tires me out, but i'm always in such a hurry! then at home i will become sick, esp last weekend felt super sick and puked like crazy at home. :(

Asphere

must enjoy pregnancy.. i enjoyed mine last year and therefore this time round i will try everything i can to make myself happy throughout keke.. a happy pregnant woman will have a happy child :D it's true.. keke cheers to all mom to be. or again mom to be :D

Frenchkitty

anyone booked your confinement lady yet?? I just managed to book mine after calling several & most were either already booked for Aug-Sept or charges too high ($2500-$2700).
This is really Baby boom year. Guess we gonna Q overnight for primary school enrollment :p

felicity

asphere thanks! this is my first pregnancy... when i'm not sick, i'm very extreme. either very hyper or very tired. hee...

frenchkitty i'm gg back to my parents place for confinement. sad thing is hubby won't be around. i'll be on my own with my mum... she'll take care of me for confinement... she's taking one month off to do that for me... i'm giving her double her monthly income as allowance + gratitude, but that's still just half of what the confinement ladies are charging!

Katrise

Hi All,

My edd is also in Sept, mid Sept, and now 10w. Stomach is starting to show, so have started shopping around for new clothes. For me, I realise that as long as I keep on eating (a little bit every hour), I am able to keep the nausea at bay! Perhaps u all can try it too, I keep some fruits at my desk to nibble all the time....

Will be havin OSCAR test in 2 weeks time.

Nice knowing u all!

lizzy2101

anyone booked your confinement lady yet?? I just managed to book mine after calling several & most were either already booked for Aug-Sept or charges too high ($2500-$2700).
This is really Baby boom year. Guess we gonna Q overnight for primary school enrollment :p
2 pregnancies no confinement lady for me and this is my 3rd. Just jamu massage :) well i hope i can make it again, not getting any younger anymore..

Radical

must enjoy pregnancy.. i enjoyed mine last year and therefore this time round i will try everything i can to make myself happy throughout keke.. a happy pregnant woman will have a happy child :D it's true.. keke cheers to all mom to be. or again mom to be :D
Wow 1 Baby every year. You are fast ! :yellow:

Asphere

this is planned :) actually wanted to have a dragon baby 1st. then my son came as a surprize present from God keke so dragon baby become 2nd kid :) haha..accident happens haha..
my boy turning 1 on the 4 march.. so he will be a gor gor in another few mths time :) keke
now my tummy show already.. ppl said 2nd pregnancy tummy will show much faster. is that true?

reiann

2 pregnancies no confinement lady for me and this is my 3rd. Just jamu massage :) well i hope i can make it again, not getting any younger anymore..
fantastic. I was wondering whether 'confinement' and a 'confinement woman/helper' is even needed. I don't even know what confinment is till my (irritating) pregnant colleague boasted that she has engaged a confinement woman for a month.

is confinement still needed in this time and age? isn't just common sense + plenty of rest + plenty of sleep + plenty of good food - wholegrains, fruits, vegetables, soups, healing food, healthy organic delicious food enough for post-pregnancy? how is confinement different, other than the heaty-ness and all??

am I going to suffer if I don't have and don't intend to have a confinment woman after I give birth? I intend to simply rest well, breast feed my baby as much as possible, sleep, eat well, eat good food...