EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Juan

Asphere, dont know is true or not, I am only 8 weeks and my stomach already showed and my colleague already noticed. This is my second baby..

Asphere

Reiann -- > actually don't really need the confinement lady..For my 1st confinement. i slp and rest alot. then my mom cooks for me and sometime i am home alone with my son so i look after him lor.. but he also slp n eat n shit n pee. simple task which can be handled. I guess people hire a confinement lady is to totally look after the baby, cook for the mother and wash the baby clothes.
that's all i guess..

Juan---> me too, my stomach already show and people are all suspecting and questioning me.. but my hb keep stopping me from sharing this good news to them as he said haven't 3 mths yet.. sigh~~

lizzy2101

fantastic. I was wondering whether 'confinement' and a 'confinement woman/helper' is even needed. I dont't even know what confinment is till my (irritating) pregnant colleague boasted that she has engaged a confinement woman for a month.

is confinement still needed in this time and age? isn't just common sense + plenty of rest + plenty of sleep + plenty of good food - wholegrains, fruits, vegetables, soups, healing food, healthy organic delicious food enough for post-pregnancy? how is confinement different, other than the heaty-ness and all??

am I going to suffer if I dont't have and dont't intend to have a confinment woman after I give birth? I intend to simply rest well, breast feed my baby as much as possible, sleep, eat well, eat good food...
To be honest i didn't have confinement too. I had to go out for baby vaccine, register the baby etc.. It's not easy cos you havent got the strength that you had before pregnancy but its mind over matter :) eat healthy food, multivitamins and exercise will help you gain back the strength. I did drink Dome and occasional chicken essence to boost my strength. And the traditional jamu massage helps alot too. Just dont't bathe late in the evening and avoid direct blow of fan, try to on aircon rather than electric fan.

Lingz12

Wow.. Looks like most people are not gg to engage confinement lady..

I tink I need.. Cos I will be all alone at home with little one.. Needs smeone to cook for me and help me with little one.. I dont have the confidence to cope on my own, esp since this is my first pregnancy.. Totally dont know what to expect..

My mummy says she can't help cos she's working.. My MIL got me contact no for 2 confinement ladies, so I suppose she's not helping me too.. Have not contacted the confinement ladies yet.. I hope they are still available.. Anyone knows what is the market rate? :)

lizzy2101

i think confinement lady is a big help not sure how though exactly.. maybe cook food for you, wash clothes, clean, etc.. but thing is before you give birth there's this urge to do spring cleaning, i dont know it happened to me twice :p so as long you only need to maintain cleaning is the bedroom and toilet and kitchen, ex hubby helped me clean and there's not much to clean really as he goes to work and i was only inside the room with the baby.. laundrying is easy with washing machine and i used disposable diapers so it was really convenient.. i was only awake when baby feeding but i sleep when he's asleep to regain my strength, i didnt had problems with food cos i stacked food in the fridge (frozen cooked foods) and just heat it up and/or buy soup/porridge outside. it is hard when you think about it but when you are already in the position you can do it :) mother instinct! way way back in old age they dont have confinement lady do they?! they dont even have gynae lol but they survived :p think about it hahaha, just a little piece of my opinion and i have nothing against confinement lady LOL :D

reiann

aren't you all going to engage a domestic helper?? I can't imagine what it would be like without one. we're planning to get one sometime in June onwards.

lizzy2101

aren't you all going to engage a domestic helper?? I can't imagine what it would be like without one. we're planning to get one sometime in June onwards.
maybe ill just hire those per hour 1 twice or once a week if necessary for cleaning and ironing fiance office clothes :)

felicity

domestic helper is really dependent on one's ability and also if got space for one more person at home. not nice if she has to sleep in the living room or kitchen right? i'll be at my parents' place for confinement. my parents' place have no aircon and i'm scared of perspiration (bad eczema even now, my neck and chest and armpits are all in so much pain cos i scratched them too much in these few super hot days!) so i definitely have to have the fan blow at me all the time! oh no!!

today on MC. just went to see doc for throat infection. in the morning trying so hard to cough out the phlegm... cough until my eyes go dark only seeing stars and my abs and back hurting like crazy yet nothing comes up, super congested. decided to stay at home... doc says throat infection... gave me freaking 6 different types of medication including antibiotics! he did say they are all suitable for pregnant ladies and safe for baby... but i look at the overwhelming amount of medication, a bit paranoid. :001_07:

lizzy2101

domestic helper is really dependent on one's ability and also if got space for one more person at home. not nice if she has to sleep in the living room or kitchen right? i'll be at my parents' place for confinement. my parents' place have no aircon and i'm scared of perspiration (bad eczema even now, my neck and chest and armpits are all in so much pain cos i scratched them too much in these few super hot days!) so i definitely have to have the fan blow at me all the time! oh no!!
i believe on "bad wind" that the elders always says.. i experienced it before and i got sick really bad.. u can use fan but not direct on you... and always wear socks or slippers cos the floor is cold and is bad too..

Piglim

Hi all,

Tml will mark the 12wks for my pregnancy. Actually I had been counting down to this day cos I thought that's when my vomitting will stop... Haiz but I m still vomitting.. Althou I do admit it is getting better (I used to vomit after every meals or after anything I eat) but now it's like twice to three times a day (also after meals). Still feeling terrible n uncomfortable all e time... N worst of all I heard the morning sickness may last till e 4th mth!!!! *faint* cos my mum n my elder sis vomitted until e 4th mth.. So most likely I will also end up e same... I still can't stand any kinda of smell.. Nearly fainted one day when I was in a lift n there's this lady who used such strong shampoo smell... Goodness...

On e 10wk plus I went for my scan n saw my little one dancing n shaking the head... Was kinda funny n I cldnt stop smiling to myself... It's just so magical! Next wed I will b doing my Oscar scan... Really worried... But trying to stay positive.
This morning I had blood when I pass motion, kinda freak out but I think it's becos I m having slight constipation... Hopefully all is fine. Althou tml is 12 wks, hubby n I decided to announce only after we get e test results.

I just confirmed a confinement lady too. Market rate I heard its ard 2.2k to 2.4k but luckily I got mine at 2k. Can't believe one have to book them so early in advance... They r like so fully booked! Especially those Gd ones. I heard there r some lousy ones who actually bring their own DVD player n laptop to watch DVDs so pls make sure u all get those recommended ones.

Okie... Feeling tired alrdy.. Hope u gals r doing great! N keep this thread movin cos it's really nice reading n knowing tat I m not alone (with all e sufferings)!

Lingz12

Hi Piglim, hang on there! you already survived 12weeks! Stay positive! Maybe all the vomitting will cease miraculously tomorrow? Hee..

I just went for my first visit with the new gynae.. Currently 9 weeks plus.. Feel so proud seeing little one grow so much since my last scan 3 weeks ago.. Even prouder of the strong steady heartbeat.. Hee.. Arranged for Oscar test in another 3 weeks.. Hope everything will be fine.. :)

Jia you mummies! Hee.. :)

sora

Hi all,

Tml will mark the 12wks for my pregnancy. Actually I had been counting down to this day cos I thought that's when my vomitting will stop... Haiz but I m still vomitting.. Althou I do admit it is getting better (I used to vomit after every meals or after anything I eat) but now it's like twice to three times a day (also after meals). Still feeling terrible n uncomfortable all e time... N worst of all I heard the morning sickness may last till e 4th mth!!!! *faint* cos my mum n my elder sis vomitted until e 4th mth.. So most likely I will also end up e same... I still can't stand any kinda of smell.. Nearly fainted one day when I was in a lift n there's this lady who used such strong shampoo smell... Goodness...

On e 10wk plus I went for my scan n saw my little one dancing n shaking the head... Was kinda funny n I cldnt stop smiling to myself... It's just so magical! Next wed I will b doing my Oscar scan... Really worried... But trying to stay positive.
This morning I had blood when I pass motion, kinda freak out but I think it's becos I m having slight constipation... Hopefully all is fine. Althou tml is 12 wks, hubby n I decided to announce only after we get e test results.

I just confirmed a confinement lady too. Market rate I heard its ard 2.2k to 2.4k but luckily I got mine at 2k. Can't believe one have to book them so early in advance... They r like so fully booked! Especially those Gd ones. I heard there r some lousy ones who actually bring their own DVD player n laptop to watch DVDs so pls make sure u all get those recommended ones.

Okie... Feeling tired alrdy.. Hope u gals r doing great! N keep this thread movin cos it's really nice reading n knowing tat I m not alone (with all e sufferings)!
Hi Piglim,

I am also looking for a confinement lady... but i dun hv any contacts/ referrals... hv u heard of PEM? they claim tt they hv the biggest mkt share here...

Confinement Nannies Singapore - Our Nannies

lizzy2101

I saw one in Mothercare in Paragon, that's my first choice when i surf for pillow online but when I saw some selections i choose other pillow.. more reviews and said helps good body posture when sleeping. here it is Dreamgenii Pregnancy Support and Feeding PillowPregnancy Pillow, Dreamgenii Pregnancy Pillow, Pregnancy Pillows, Sleeping Bags, Maternity Pillow, Pregnancy Pillow and Breastfeeding Pillow, Twinkle Tog > Pregnancy Pillow it can be use as nursing pillow after pregnancy too. :)

sora

I saw one in Mothercare in Paragon, that's my first choice when i surf for pillow online but when I saw some selections i choose other pillow.. more reviews and said helps good body posture when sleeping. here it is Dreamgenii Pregnancy Support and Feeding PillowPregnancy Pillow, Dreamgenii Pregnancy Pillow, Pregnancy Pillows, Sleeping Bags, Maternity Pillow, Pregnancy Pillow and Breastfeeding Pillow, Twinkle Tog > Pregnancy Pillow it can be use as nursing pillow after pregnancy too. :)
Thx Lizzy! Will check out Mothercare!

I saw the dreamgenii here also: Diapers.com.sg Pte Ltd :: Pregnancy/Feeding Pillow :: dreamgenii® Pregnancy Support & Feeding Pillow - White
I like tt there's tummy/ back support but there's nothing to hug between ur arms.. which am used to w the normal bolster am using..

sora

Singapore

1. Baby Expo
  • Dates: 17 to 19 Feb 2012
  • Time: (Fri & Sat) 11a.m. to 9p.m., (Sun) 11a.m. to 8p.m.
  • Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 4A
  • Organiser: Vivacious Media Pte Ltd
2. BabyCare Festival 2012
  • Dates: 24 to 26 Feb 2012
  • Time: (Fri & Sat) 11a.m. to 9p.m., (Sun) 11a.m. to 8p.m.
  • Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 3A
  • Organiser: Mediacorp Pte Ltd
3. SmartKids 2012 (Largest Educational Kids’ Fair)
  • Dates: 16 to 18 Mar 2012
  • Time: 11a.m. to 9p.m.
  • Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 5
  • Organiser: Expomal Singapore Pte Ltd
4. TheKidzAcademy 2012
  • Dates: 16 to 18 Mar 2012
  • Time: 11a.m. to 9p.m.
  • Venue: Suntec Singapore Hall 401 & 402
  • Organiser: Sphere Exhibits
5. Motherhood Fair
  • Dates: 31 May to 3 Jun 2012
  • Time: Information not available