EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

reiann

I just pumped. both breasts only yield about 80ml, or 3oz. but this morning, I pumped one breast and it's already 3oz! so I think different times of the day, there will be different amount of milk.

felicity: get well soon! don't be down. perhaps.. just perhaps.. is your baby too hot??

ahwang: I've been going out! I went out today by myself taking the MRT and my baby is not even 3 weeks :) :) it was tough because baby couldn't fall asleep, so she got cranky shortly after (about 2 hours after we left the house) and I had to hurry home.
but this wasn't my first time out. I've been out with my husband and/or sister, for meals. we've been to Paragon (great nursing room!), Takashimaya, Orchard Road.. been to a brunch place in the east, and been twice to Shangrila Hotel for dinner :) It helps with a car!

Rodorsany

lizzy2101:701326 said:
Dont worry lingz not all women same, at least we are doing our best and tried our best! :) it doesnt make us less a mom ;)
Yeah... We did our best.. N tried our best.... I even had a crazy to ask dh to try to suckle to ensure myself that I had milk.... Lol... But of coz he refused.... :confused:

Lingz12

Rodorsany:701333 said:
Yeah... We did our best.. N tried our best.... I even had a crazy to ask dh to try to suckle to ensure myself that I had milk.... Lol... But of coz he refused.... :confused:
Haha.. Tat's funny Rodorsany! Now whenever my hubby see my boobs, they are in my girl's mouth.. I tink he's no longer turned on by my boobs oredi cos they now serve a diff purpose.. Sadded.. Haha..

Lingz12

lizzy2101:701326 said:
Dont worry lingz not all women same, at least we are doing our best and tried our best! :) it doesnt make us less a mom ;)
Thanks Lizzy for the encouraging words! Just a bit sad, hope supply will go back up soon.. In the meantime I shall just continue pumping more often! :D

Lingz12

reiann:701329 said:
I just pumped. both breasts only yield about 80ml, or 3oz. but this morning, I pumped one breast and it's already 3oz! so I think different times of the day, there will be different amount of milk.

felicity: get well soon! don't be down. perhaps.. just perhaps.. is your baby too hot??

ahwang: I've been going out! I went out today by myself taking the MRT and my baby is not even 3 weeks :) :) it was tough because baby couldn't fall asleep, so she got cranky shortly after (about 2 hours after we left the house) and I had to hurry home.
but this wasn't my first time out. I've been out with my husband and/or sister, for meals. we've been to Paragon (great nursing room!), Takashimaya, Orchard Road.. been to a brunch place in the east, and been twice to Shangrila Hotel for dinner :) It helps with a car!
For me, what I used to get from one breast, I now onli get the same volume from both breasts combined.. Dunno why will drop so drastically de.. :(

Anyway, reiann, u super power! I super no confidence bringing bb out even if I can.. Very scared she gets cranky outside and I dunno how to deal with her.. Or if she needs to feed outside and I dunno how to latch in public or she can't latch.. Aiyo, so many things to consider.. Haha..

ahwang

Ah reiann u r so brave. I only brought my boy out once for pd check up. He slp soundly in the car seat. But I so scared he got woken up suddenly. If cry troublesome.....

Piglim

piglim: I don't think it's cos your CL is back and your milk supply went up. I believe milk supply kicks up a lot in end of week 1 and 2, but it will drop after that to more 'normal' levels. that's what I went through.. and it seems common (I read up about it). initially the body produces more, then levels off.. so it seems like it's much less now, but 100ml is still great.

I also find that I produce more milk first thing in the morning, or in middle of the night.. so I will wake my baby to drink even if she was still sleeping! she's been sleeping 6 hours through the night! any other babies like mine?
so don't wory too much about milk production. let your baby suckle, as that would stimulate more milk, drink more water to replenish your own fluids, and eat healthily. hang in there!
and as for your mum in law, maybe must give instructions that are almost insulting. like, pour out the milk for her and label it.. etc
Hmm reiann I know there'll b a drop in milk supply but the drop was way too drastic. Anw my supply has been quite constant until the week my CL left (which was at my wk 5) then now CL back wk6 n 3 days time I managed to regain e Amt

As for my mil.. Think my entire hse will b filled with guidelines n step by step notes if I really hv to do tat.. Goose I cannot imagine myself writing things like step 1 open the fridge, step 2 look at e label on e milk bottle, step 3 pour e milk...etc
it'll b damn tiring cos I'll b like writing a idiot guidebook to taking care of newborns.. Goosh as of my life is not exhausting enough...

ahwang

Hi reiann, yes I think everyday my bb has one session of long slp ard 4hrs.....apart from that is every 2hr 80ml milk

Piglim

Yeah finally workshop ended.. Back to my ML again. Hehehe...
this morning showered my boy for e 1st time n was sooo happy seeing my boy enjoying e bath! He was grabbing onto my shirt so tightly n kicking his legs in e water.. Totally adorable!!! No need to b dependent on my mil Le.. Plus she always shower him less than 4mins.. Can see my boy not shiok at all.. Mil just wanna rush n finish it quickly ;/ been dying to bathe my boy but becos that time confinement so cldnt do so, thank goodness I extended on week 6 so can do some last min Hands training ;)

Hmm how come u gals like not many pd visits? I alrdy seen pd 4times! Anw just to share with u on wat my pd said (she is dr Ang ai tin btw) if u find ur baby is perspiring, dun wrap ur baby with thick clothes/swaddle. If under fan just a layer of clothings will do. If air con turn to 25-26 degree n a thin layer of swaddle or cloth to cover baby is fine. If under fan n baby slps better being swaddled then use those cloth diaper kind cos they r thin to swaddle baby. If ur bb is feeling warm he/she will not slp well also n end up crying.

Those newborn (less than 2wks old) must ensure bb drinks his/her milk every 3-4hrs.. But after tat if ur bb can slp thru the night then u r one of those luckily ones... No need to wake bb up for e milk. He/she will call for it. So ya.. That's wat she advices me. She's pretty nice actually but I think it depends on her mood also bah. So far she quite ok to us ;)

As for those who posted questions on e sterilizing of e bottles, I normally use hot water n pour onto my bottles/pump to condense e vapor.. Cos I think air dry makes sterilizing useless n using cloth to wipe also may not b clean cos e cloth is exposed to dirt right? I dunno this is wat the salesperson taught me.

meltie

Hey mummies, charlotte is back home! I'm clearing my backlog for the milk i expressed out during my bb's stay in nicu.. currently still pumping, but to store in bags and freeze.. meanwhile, doc advised bb to drink ard 70-75ml, which i supposed was her usual for past 5 days.. but since she discharged, the past 2 feeds, she seems to be drinking lesser leh.. wasted 30ml of my ebm on 1st feed and now prepared 75ml, she drank 40ml only! Am i going to continue throwing away my milk? Or is there something that's affecting her appetite at home? :/

Keatbear

Hi mummies concern with bm flow, aside from fenugreek, do take brewer's yeast. It helps with milk production also. Opens more of your milk ducts.... Can be found in GNC. Works for me... Cos so far my ebm has been slowly increasing.. Even now week 3-4

lizzy2101

Hey mummies, charlotte is back home! I'm clearing my backlog for the milk i expressed out during my bb's stay in nicu.. currently still pumping, but to store in bags and freeze.. meanwhile, doc advised bb to drink ard 70-75ml, which i supposed was her usual for past 5 days.. but since she discharged, the past 2 feeds, she seems to be drinking lesser leh.. wasted 30ml of my ebm on 1st feed and now prepared 75ml, she drank 40ml only! Am i going to continue throwing away my milk? Or is there something that's affecting her appetite at home? :/
Try to give her 40ml only if you cant force her to finish, just add some when she still ask. Welcome home bb charlotte!

Piglim

Hey meltie, those breast milk tat u hv freeze keep first (can still keep 2-3mths), let ur bb drink e freshly expressed ones. Cos once u freeze ur milk the antibodies content in it will b gone.. (but no matter wat frozen breast milk still better than formula) So ESP now ur bb needs to strengthen her immune system. If u hv 75ml in e fridge pour out 40 first n warm.. Then like wat lizzy says if ur bb still hungry feed her another 30-35ml of e milk, in this way u can monitor ur bb's feeding style n u won't waste those precious milk!

ahwang

Hi piglim , I used cloth to dry and put in ziplock bag. Anyway I think this whole cleanliness. On bm is driving my hubby buts haha. I sterelise my hand and go onto my bed to pump. He ask u touched the bed already no need sterelise ur hands again lol... We can nv be super clean I guess...just for our own comfort haha.

Lingz12

meltie:701363 said:
Welcome home bb Charlotte! Yeah, just warm 40ml first, if she finishes and wans more then u give her more.. It is better tat way rather than waste ebm.. every drop is precious! :D

felicity

reiann thank u! Much better now.. Bb, I dunno if too hot but she was sleeping on my bed nearer the fan...

Piglim wah my bb 6 weeks old only been to pd once, on day 5! >< no monitoring of her weight yet so I keep wondering if I've been feeding enough :/

Meltie yay baby Charlotte is home! Yup I think u increase ur feed little by little from 40ml first, see if she wants more? So won't waste?

Ahwang I also worry bb keeps wanting to latch n wailing in public, dun dare bring her out yet.. 6th week confined at home le!

Rodorsany n Lingz lol my hubby watching bb suckle will tell bb... Those r mine, now u snatch them from daddy.. Lol

Talking abt hubby.. Sigh.. Last night bb fell asleep early so later around 11 woke up wailing for milk. I heat up 65ml of ebm wanna test test if she rejects bottle or fm.. Then let hubby feed her n burp her n coax her to slp cos I wanna go pump.. B4 I leave hubby (I v poor thing pump in living room >< in laws slping le) I asked him if bb in cloth nappy or changed to diaper.. He v confidently said his mum changes to diaper le so although I nv seen it happen I didn't doubt him.. Who knows just now bb up again, then I realized shes in cloth nappy n it's wet thoroughly from front to back all thru. Tsk!!! Should hv checked last night. Can't even trust him to check first :( now changed to diaper n latching bb...

purpur

Any mummies using nipple shield when latching ?? Feel like buying dunno is it useful anot ..n wat brand is Gd .. any ideas ,?

felicity

purpur.. There's a thread in the breastfeeding mother support grp forum here.. I added my input there..

Omg feel like walking zombie.. Ytd nv nap or rest at all in the day n bb is up much at night n now too zzz.. Eyes hardly can open ><