EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

tealeaf

update: my doc just called this afternoon. blood test was ok but there was problem with my glucose test. My glucose was at borderline between diabetic and non diabetic. Doc asked me to consult with dietitian. Actually, I did not want to go for consultation because I just need to control my own diet.

lizzy2101

update: my doc just called this afternoon. blood test was ok but there was problem with my glucose test. My glucose was at borderline between diabetic and non diabetic. Doc asked me to consult with dietitian. Actually, I did not want to go for consultation because I just need to control my own diet.
hope all will turn well tealeaf :)

Juan

Tealeaf, I also have high glucose in my 1st pregnancy. Just control your diet - dun eat too much sweet thing then should be OK. I managed to control for the whole pregnancy.

mflee1312

hi tealeaf, can u email me (mflee1312@hotmail.com) the jpeg file too cos im also experiencing well bad backache no matter which position i sleep. thx
welcome to the club brenbelle :)

for your backaches, you can try to keep your back straight most of the time and do some back stretch. I have the jpeg file about the stretching and can send it to you if I have you email.

Brenbelle

Tealeaf, just try to control your diet and it will be fine. Do go for another test again in maybe another few months time just to be safe. Stay healthy.. :)

Cyn80

Hi all..i just registered myself in this forum..now i am at wk 14...just went for oscar test last week..tomorrow going to visit doc to review results..praying hard all is well with my baby..and can't wait to see the ultrascan pic..:)

tealeaf

Thank you lizzy, juan, and brenbelle. Yeah, I will control the diet. Hopefully next few month my glucose is well controlled.

Welcome to the club Cyn!

Cyn80

Hi all, just to check have you start to stock up/buy things for your baby? There is a Taka baby fair..was thinking to pop by and take a look.. is it too earlier to buy bb stuff? Any advice to share?

sapphire

Hi all, just to check have you start to stock up/buy things for your baby? There is a Taka baby fair..was thinking to pop by and take a look.. is it too earlier to buy bb stuff? Any advice to share?
Er... normally what are the essentials we need to prepare??

lizzy2101

In my opinion its too early to buy stuffs for baby that has warranty like sterilisers,breast pumps, food warmer, strollers etc.. Cos the moment you buy the warranty is already started... But of cos clothes, blankets, soaps, baby bottles and all others without warranty is fine :) i have a list of stuffs that i wanna buy brand new and second hand items for baby but definitely baby clothes have to be first hand. Strollers, baby cot, baby monitor are fine 2nd hand as long as its not overused or 8/10 9/10 condition :)

lizzy2101

Last edited:

felicity

welcome new sept mummies, and hello to all, and lizzy, thanks for sharing!!

going for my gynae check later. still coughing like mad to the extend that i will cough uncontrollably until i pee >< so i need to go to toilet all the time to make sure it's always empty... very frustrating! later will ask the doc if there's anything i can do.. already completed so many diff types of meds from various docs but not recovering =( and of course looking forward to the scan! hope bb is doing well =)

not gg taka fair because hubby not in town, away for work... wanna go with him so that he can lug the stuff back, and also make decisions together. anyway i guess it's still early too... dun wanna get all the stuff and put one side to gather dust. =P

Radical

Hi Lizzy, Thanks for the baby items check list.
It's useful, there are some things in the list that I would have missed out if I have not referred to it.

My relatives kept telling us to use hand me down for baby clothes saying they will be more comfortable with it.
Seems like quite some people say that. Hmm I may just follow their advice for the infant stage.

felicity

hi everyone! went to see Dr Tham today... baby is doing fine! doc says 70% will be a princess. she's very active and keeps moving around when doc wanna scan her, then doc asked if she doesn't like uncle. keke.. today i signed up for my package with Dr Tham, and FBI with TMC too. the next time i see doc will be 1 mth later, after my 20-week scan.

Juan that's great! :D one less worry now =)

Radical yup i am keen to use hands me down, save $$, and anyway bb can't choose and won't be fussy... so no point spending on pretty new clothes, plus they outgrow their clothes very fast. might as well save for other things that bb genuinely needs.

lizzy what happened? u looking for a job and relocating? actually some of my friends' gynaes are not convenient but since not too often, they will just take cabs to see gynae... for the comfort and the gynae they wish to stick to.