EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

rosemummy

Yes you are absolutely right! No point losing sleep over baby bump as long baby healthy!

Hope all sep mummies-to-be have smooth delivery too!:))

Sharon Boskovic

Hey all..

Am pretty new here.. Am currently 14 week pregnant.. N I am already having a baby bum.. N am feeling fat! Try walking at least 4 times a week for an hr..

Any suggestion where they have good yoga or prenatal excercises ?

autumn82

*peeps*

Everyone's very active here! :)

This coming delivery would be my 3rd C-sect. I would say, the recovery time for no.2 is faster & less pain as compared to the 1st. I hope 3rd won't be much of a problem though. :D

I'm still waiting for the gender before I can start my shopping for clothes! :p

mellissalong

Brenbelle: my first c-section was actually not as suffering as I thought it would be. I was wheeled in at 2pm, gave birth at 2.30pm. After the sewing up and observation, I was back in my ward at 3.30pm. I opted for epidural so that my husband could witness the birth of the baby firsthand (similar to a normal vaginal delivery). I was numb till evening where I started to feel pain at my abdominal area. The kind of pain is pretty similar to scrab wound, bearable definitely but as I was eager to breastfeed, I asked for painkillers so I can prop myself up to breastfeed. Be prepared for the slow milk flow as that's quite common for women who chooses c-section. I slept through the night as I was really exhausted and the next morning, my Gynae came and pulled me out of bed. I was very reluctant at first fearing I would tear the wound but it was much easier than expected. After they removed the urine catheter (which was painless), I made my way to the bathroom for that long awaited shower!! Had to be quick before the folks came. =p I was able to walk alone to the nursery to peek at my baby from day 2 onwards and when I was discharged, there wasn't anymore pain at the abdominal area and I could bend and bathe my baby. It really isn't as scary and I did recover quite quickly. I drank lots of 'polleney fish essence' and my wound healed very fast and nicely. I will be going for my 2nd c-section this September and dr told me to relax and trust him. =) hope this helps to lessen a bit of your worries! =)

lizzy2101

Hey all..

Am pretty new here.. Am currently 14 week pregnant.. N I am already having a baby bum.. N am feeling fat! Try walking at least 4 times a week for an hr..

Any suggestion where they have good yoga or prenatal excercises ?
Best Prenatal Yoga, Prenatal Yoga Classes Online, Pre-Natal Yoga Class Benefits | Divine-wellness

VandaYoga - Yoga is fun - Home

It will help ya with back pains and easy labor but im not sure bout making the tummy small lol, if you have experience with yoga before, online or watching video yoga is more cheaper and at the comfort of your lace and time :)

purpur

I dont't have morning sickness, but my belly is still not so big. My mum kept asking whether I was really pregnant. I showed her USG scan picture she did not believe also. My friend had big belly but she had morning sickness. My sister In law on the other hand, never had morning sickness in her 3 pregnancies!

Exercise in moderation ya, dont't strain yourself :)

Let's have a healthy baby together:001_302:

Hi tealeaf, or is it u r small in ur build tts y ur bump is not so visible ?
For me i put on ard 5 kg for my 1st trimester, but not so concentrated on my bump is like fairly distributing the fats over my whole body .

tealeaf

purpur, yeah, I am petite. But my friend's bump was very visible even though only 2-3 months pregnant. And she's almost the same size as me. Another friend of mine shows more visible bump than mine even though she just starts her 12 weeks. She also gains 5 kg but I can't see much difference in her chubbiness or such. She told me, every woman gains weight differently.
As long as my gynae does not comment on my weight gain, I am not worried :001_302:

I am told that the fats gained during pregnancy can be rid of later when you breast feed.

purpur

purpur, yeah, I am petite. But my friend's bump was very visible even though only 2-3 months pregnant. And she's almost the same size as me. Another friend of mine shows more visible bump than mine even though she just starts her 12 weeks. She also gains 5 kg but I can't see much difference in her chubbiness or such. She told me, every woman gains weight differently.
As long as my gynae does not comment on my weight gain, I am not worried :001_302:

I am told that the fats gained during pregnancy can be rid of later when you breast feed.

Tealeaf,
ya totally agree, every woman gains weight differently.
Some of my friends, show their bumps only after their 4th mth.

As for breast feed, i think it oso depends on individual, cos i ever read an acticle tis woman having breast feed from the start. She gets hungry v tired easily after each session of breast feeding hence it makes her eat more to provide more energy and produce more milk.. ended up instead of losing she gaining extra kgs.

tealeaf

Any Mtb bought the pregnancy insurance?
No, I don't buy the insurance.

purpur, hope I am not gaining so much weight after giving birth. These few days I have no appetite because of the phlegm stuck in my throat. I asked my niece who is a doctor to suggest medicine for pregnant women. She advised fluimucil 600 mg. Hopefully I can get rid of the phlegm.
Felicity, are you getting better?

Brenbelle

Mellissalong : Thanks for the detailed information, seems like you have a very fast recovery, that's good. Your choice of epidural meaning that you are not totally asleep an husband is able to witness the birth? How many days later does the gynae remove the stitches after the birth of the baby? How long does the wound take to heal completely? I am just so afraid of the Pain! :O

mellissalong

Brenbelle: afraid not dear! No stitches to be removed at all! Will have to go back to the dr's 1 week later for dressing to be removed and the wound is dry and magically 'zipped up'! That is how advanced it is now compared to the past! Epidural meaning half body numb but awake so hubby can stay beside you while dr cut u up. When baby is out, dr will ask hubby to go over and they will put baby on the tray for cleaning before handing it over to you. Can take pictures some more, very wonderful and treasured experience for hubby and i. If c-section is by choice, you are at the advantage of having everything prepared instead of an emergency c-sect. Enjoy your pregnancy and don't worry so much. It's really not as scary! =)

Brenbelle

Mellissalong : Thanks dear, comforting to hear that. Seems like I am outdated, I thought still need to remove stitches! Haha... Awake while cutting me up? Sounds scary.. Not painful during the process? The Epidural is inject to the spinal cord right? They said that the process seems scary, is it true?

purpur

Some said after having Epidural, the whole body will keep shivering, and there are many side effects involve. true ??