EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

felicity

my detailed scan is next friday! =) i am the one checking out stuff... i will send my hubby and hv to keep reminding him to read... otherwise when at home he's always playing game on the pc! i'm so gonna ban him from games after having the bb... must spend time on bb and me! =P

i want to sign up for prenatal but haven't went to look... should be signing at TMC since now that i've gotten the FBI. where is yours?

serenelm

Hi Serenelm, welcome to the thread.
Wow this is your fourth! We have a Guru here. :notworthy:
We would love to hear your experiences.

Not guru lah, I'm still learning too :) Esp since its been almost 4 yrs since my last pregnancy. Things hv changed too.

Since I'm a SAHM, I'm glad to know more mummies here to chat to pass time. I'm kinda staying home most of the time now, other than gg out for dinner on weekdays n for short outings on weekends wif my kids n hubby, cos I'm having some back pain when walked too much. I was out last weekend wif my boys cos they were asking to go to Changi Airport T3. After spending a few hrs at Robinsons Expo Sale, we headed to T3. The next day, I could barely walked. Started having bad pain in my lower back (think I strained my bone/muscle). So now, dun dare to walk too much.

Radical

Just gotten a comment fomr the Gynae that mine is a Boy.
Time to pick names!

Hey Felicity, welcome to TMC.
It will be hard for your Hubby to quit suddenly. I believe he will naturally turn his attention to the baby when born.
It happened to my gaming friends too. They all had a steep drop in game time when their child is born.
Well at least for the first few years ... then they are back playing =P. Not as much as before though. Don't worry.

serenelm

Adelynn mummy: I am combining my annual leave with maternity leave. My boss tot it's too disruptive for me to take leave on and off. Anyway I rarely got to rest so long!:)

Going for my detailed scan next week. So excited! Most of my colleagues guess its a gal. My hb guess boy but I told him not to be disappointed if girl hor. He says no la both he likes.

I feel stress lately by a Fren who keep telling me she experienced baby kick at 14 weeks already! I am 18 weeks and yet can't feel anything yet! But my gynae assured me usually fetal movement is around 20 weeks. But I am worried until the next scan now!
Dun be stressed, each pregnancy is different. My sister didn't even feel anything till late 3rd tri. Even when here gynae said during earlier check ups that her baby was kicking in her womb, she didn't feel the movement either.

So if this is ur 1st baby, u might not feel till 20 weeks. As long as baby's normal at check ups, that's most impt :)

serenelm

hi serenelm, wow! must share more with us! :) i'm a clueless first time mum in my 30s... and hoping still got chance for a second one!

lizzy i think my hubby and i will be having a hard time naming the bb! since doc says 70% gal i'm already easily distracted... always wanna search for more girl names halfway through doing other stuff... haha... been sharing with hubby yet couldn't decide on any yet...

rosemummy i haven't feel anything yet too.. although once i tot i felt some fluttering low in my tummy... like maybe it's the bb flipping around or something? haha... don't worry, i heard many says they feel only after 20 weeks... can't wait to feel more! and can't wait for my pukish feeling to go away!!
Thanks, glad to talk to u here too :)

rosemummy

Felicity mummy: i am joining the SGH Prenatal package. The timing is more suitable for me.
Looking forward the motherhood fair coming in June! :)

my detailed scan is next friday! =) i am the one checking out stuff... i will send my hubby and hv to keep reminding him to read... otherwise when at home he's always playing game on the pc! i'm so gonna ban him from games after having the bb... must spend time on bb and me! =P

i want to sign up for prenatal but haven't went to look... should be signing at TMC since now that i've gotten the FBI. where is yours?

felicity

Dun be stressed, each pregnancy is different. My sister didn't even feel anything till late 3rd tri. Even when here gynae said during earlier check ups that her baby was kicking in her womb, she didn't feel the movement either.

So if this is ur 1st baby, u might not feel till 20 weeks. As long as baby's normal at check ups, that's most impt :)
hee my gynae always say my bb v hyper every time he scans the bb's dancing... but i dun feel anything too =P

Thanks, glad to talk to u here too :)
yea glad to be learning more from the forum! i'm totally clueless and i haven't gotten the time to read every single thing up!
u hv all boys? how old are they? i hv some colleagues w 3 kids, my SIL has 3 boys too... i'm already struggling with work without kids, so i really salute them!! i wish i can be SAHM too! but hubby says fat hope, dun even think abt it =/

Felicity mummy: i am joining the SGH Prenatal package. The timing is more suitable for me.
Looking forward the motherhood fair coming in June! :)
i'm looking forward to motherhood fair too! :D

Last edited:

rosemummy

Felicity: Yes, I've 3 boys (age 10, 8 and 4 this yr)... Very noisy and messy at home usually :)
Wow Serene mummy: you are super mum!

This is my first child and i am already 34. So everyday pray all goes well:) I have very nice colleagues and bosses so working is enjoyable for me plus the extra income helps too! :) in fact today my colleague gave me so many beautiful maternity dressed and tips that I don even need to buy any! Although I still bought a lot online from joy luck parenting! Hehe!

serenelm

Wow Serene mummy: you are super mum!

This is my first child and i am already 34. So everyday pray all goes well:) I have very nice colleagues and bosses so working is enjoyable for me plus the extra income helps too! :) in fact today my colleague gave me so many beautiful maternity dressed and tips that I don even need to buy any! Although I still bought a lot online from joy luck parenting! Hehe!
I'm already 35 this yr, nvr expected that we would hv another child after #3. It's a blessing but oso a worry for finance cos so many kids :)

It's oso tougher to be pregnant at this age as compared to my other pregnancies. Even my hubby oso commented that I seem to hv more pains n worser MS than previously...

rosemummy

I'm already 35 this yr, nvr expected that we would hv another child after #3. It's a blessing but oso a worry for finance cos so many kids :)

It's oso tougher to be pregnant at this age as compared to my other pregnancies. Even my hubby oso commented that I seem to hv more pains n worser MS than previously...
To look at it more positively, we are at "an age" where we are mentally ready!
So bring it on! it is really a blessing to be a mummy still! :)

lizzy2101

To look at it more positively, we are at "an age" where we are mentally ready!
So bring it on! it is really a blessing to be a mummy still! :)
You gals still young! There's some mummies having their first pregnancy at 40yo and blessed with healthy and super cute babies! So dont worry be happy! Just enjoy the pregnancy!!! Have a safe and happy pregnancy to all! :Dancing_wub:

tealeaf

Hope my baby will b kind to let us know its gender LOL.
felicity,hope u are getting better each day.
during simple scan last month my baby was kicking too, but i could not feel it. Some ppl told me that for first pregnancy, only late trimester you can feel the baby kicking.

Welcome to the thread serenelim

My hubby is a gamer too, but when i talk he will listen to me halfheartedly. If it is abt the baby, he will give full concentration.
He also has listed several names for the baby. He listed boy and girl name, so when we know the gender, we just choose from the list.

Congratulations, Radical of having baby boy!

tealeaf

Congratulations, juan!

I am also at my early 30s and having first born. I think i will be at my late 30s if i am having three kids. As long as hubby and family support me, i will enjoy my pregnancies. Heheh

rosemummy

Tealeaf: Yes hope get to see gender next week too!

Any mummy try belly band? There are so many brands around that I do not know which is good! Any recommendations?

Hope my baby will b kind to let us know its gender LOL.
felicity,hope u are getting better each day.
during simple scan last month my baby was kicking too, but i could not feel it. Some ppl told me that for first pregnancy, only late trimester you can feel the baby kicking.

Welcome to the thread serenelim

My hubby is a gamer too, but when i talk he will listen to me halfheartedly. If it is abt the baby, he will give full concentration.
He also has listed several names for the baby. He listed boy and girl name, so when we know the gender, we just choose from the list.

Congratulations, Radical of having baby boy!

Lingz12

Hi mummies! have not been coming in for quite some time cos been seriously busy with work.. sighz.. anyway.. the thread has moved so much! Hee.. I just went to see gynae todae.. we are expecting a little princess! Gynae was still saying baby is not in a best position.. but after saying that we saw baby kick her legs and open wide wide.. haha! So proud of my little girl.. So now gynae say 90% girl.. Can onli be confirmed next month at the detailed scan.. :)

Seems like most of us expecting 小龙女(s)? Hee.. :Dancing_wub: