EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

erlina040

Hello Erlina,

Congrats! Did you use a HPT to test and got a positive?

I also just found out yesterday that I am pregnant! What a coincidence! I tested using the HPT but I have not had a chance to visit a GP though.
I use the brand "clear blue" digital to test and the doctor use her own kind to test. The doctor mentioned that home test kit should be quite accurate..

Congratulations to u!!!!

coriela

Good Morning Erlina! You are up early! :)

I used the guardian one (2 per pack type). lol....

We are still in shock that it is positive. Have you booked your gynae appointment yet? When should we start going to gynae?

This is my first pregnancy so am a bit clueless.

felicity

Good Morning Erlina! You are up early! :)

I used the guardian one (2 per pack type). lol....

We are still in shock that it is positive. Have you booked your gynae appointment yet? When should we start going to gynae?

This is my first pregnancy so am a bit clueless.
Hi erlina and coriela!

coriela i use the guardian 2 per pack one too! did my test last saturday and gotten positive results, and confirmed with scan already. haven't finalized on gynae yet though. hoping to see Dr Benjamin Tham. it's my first pregnancy too. super clueless! i was at the sgmotherhood forum but the sept'12 thread is going too fast, i couldn't catch up at all! i think i prefer here =) much neater~ hope to learn more!!

lizzy2101

hi and welcome Gregda! and hi and thank you everyone for the warm welcome! this is my 3rd baby actually only thing is i was only hands on with second as my first was been adopted by my sister (cos i was too young) :) and as i remember i didn't have any morning sickness etc.. only food cravings! i craved for watermelon and green mango with the first and 2nd pregnancy but now orange fruit :p and sad to say I had stretchmarks with 2nd and first pregnancy eventhough i used strecthmark lotions and olive oil everyday, i gues is case to case basis... :001_302:

Congrats all Sept 2012 mummies!

I am joining the club too!
My EDD is 19th Sept. My 2nd pregnancy.
around 6 weeks now.

I am seeing Dr Woo Bit Hwa , clinic at Tiong Bahru Plaza.

So far no morning sickness but feel very tired easily.

How's everyone doing? feel free to share and oh ya , Happy New Year mummies!

erlina040

Dear Coriela,

My first pregnancy too.. =) I have booked the first gynae appointment somewhere in 2nd week of Feb, as recommended by the nurses. However, my GP has given me folic acid to be taken daily, which is supposed to be good.

So, I think you should see one soon to get that too! =)

gregda

thanks for the warm welcome, mummies!

the cramping feeling is normal...it is something like menses cramp, but a slight mild cramp only. if it gets too much, do see a doctor. watch out for spotting or any bleeding too.
if not, mild cramps are normal because the womb is making space for a new life inside. :)

can start to apply strech mark cream already from now. it helps to start early.

most of us usually detect pregnancy at ard 6 weeks. can visit gynae asap to get more info and confirm although the heartbeat can only be seen at 8 weeks.
also, if some of you have not seen a gyane and are thinking of waiting a few more weeks, do go GNC and buy folic acid to take. It is impt to take Folic acid during first few months.

Its friday and weekend! happy weekend girls!
rest well and have fun!

by the way, i guess you gals may know too.. but i just say for kiasu... hehehe..
cannot eat half boiled eggs, raw food, and try not to do heavy housework.

paul

Hi Paul, that's what my girlfriend says too but I'm craving rice, potatoes, noodles, all the carbs!! >.< but hopefully, like what u said, my tiredness will abate soon! Btw, just curious... How come you don't even dare go for facial? I understand for massage but facial shd be ok, no?
Hi Moon,

I not dare nt go for facial. I was too exhasuted. If I not working, I will be sleeping away. I find putting lotion, bathing and brushing teeth a chore also. But rem to brush for oral as we tend to have sensitive gums.

I duno why. I crave for carbo like noodle, sandwiches and rice also. It kinda of stabilise my stomach. Do drink milk. -)

sufeit0115

Hi all Mummies here, I am joining you all here, haha managed to 'catch' the last seat of EDD Sep 2012, based on my LMP, my EDD should be 30 Sep. I just tested positive this morning, this is my second baby :) Hoping to make friends with all mummies here :)

For my first pregnancy, i had been taking folic acid even before conceived, this time round i didn't take any, I hope it is not too late to start taking folic acid now. Let's jia you together!

That's great Felicity! :) Hahaha... i think my husband same case as yours... he seems to be in disbelief for a while. Keeps asking me if the pregnancy is confirmed. I think it only dawned on him the last week that we are REALLY having a baby & he went all round spreading the happy news :D

hi Moonjellie! i told my superior today... she's very happy and very understanding. she was actually more ecstatic than my hubby upon hearing the news! she said she will help me ensure smooth handover etc, and i'm very relieved.

gregda

huh?!! I just ate 2 half boiled eggs! :err:
Your gynae didnt tell you? don't worry...shld be ok..now you know already, so don't eat anymore half boiled eggs.
cause there's always bacteria present in raw or half-cooked food and for half-boiled eggs, there is risk of bacteria infection.
but no worries, actually the baby only starts to take in what we eat at 5 months... but we still must be careful of diet from now on to prevent any infection etc etc.. no alcohol, and refrain from taking mayonaise too (its made from raw egg yolks).
no coffee and tea as well. :)

raw eggs have this samollena bacteria in them thats why its not advised.

even babies less than a year old can only take cooked egg yolks but not whites..

but don't worry..eat already so don't think too much.. :)

sufeit0115

Hi all, which gynae you all are seeing?

My previous gynae had left KK and set up her own practice, which her clinic location is inconvenient for me.

Btw, I am craving for coffee very much, and I cannot quit off the drink, how ah? For my last pregnancy, I was craving for milk tea and I drank almost everyday. :embarrassed:

coriela

Hello Felicity!

Welcome to the club. You also just tested last Sat? :) Which hospital is De Benjamin Tham at? I am still researching for a gynae to make an appointment with.

paul

Hi all, which gynae you all are seeing?

My previous gynae had left KK and set up her own practice, which her clinic location is inconvenient for me.

Btw, I am craving for coffee very much, and I cannot quit off the drink, how ah? For my last pregnancy, I was craving for milk tea and I drank almost everyday. :embarrassed:
I seeing Adrain fr ACJ. Quite frenly and experienced. I dun take tea daily bt I do indulge in milk tea or lemon tea when I have craving. I feel a few times a wk shd be ok ba. I crave for sashimi also so I do eat once a wk.

coriela

Dear Erlina,

Wow... you booked your first gynae appointment already? Which gynae are you going with? Need recommendations. :)

erlina040

Ya, my hubby is the one doing the booking. Haha..

It's near my area and it opens in the evening, so, it's timing and location are the main factor.

He's Dr Wong Mun Tat from Thomson Women's Clinic (Bukit Batok Branch). Heard from my friend he is quite good.

Where did you intend to book yours?

Dear Erlina,

Wow... you booked your first gynae appointment already? Which gynae are you going with? Need recommendations. :)

sufeit0115

Hi all,

Made my first appointment to see Dr Wee Horng Yen in KK on 11 Feb, I should be around 6 weeks then. My friend recommended him saying he is patient and caring doctor and will not rush thru the consultation.

lizzy2101

my first ob-gynae in singapore was Dr. Chan Chi Kiong Clifton from Singapore women's clinic he was good and so professional! But i live in Bedok now so not convenient for me to go to his clinic, anyway anybody know OB-gyn here in bedok or nearer? plan to go next week cos i cant wait anymore! (6 weeks next week) thanks alot!

coriela

Hi Erlina and Sufeit,

I am still clueless who to book. Trying to gather information from the forum. Think we have shorlisted a few but still not sure who to go with yet.

1. Dr. Ang Huai Yan
2. Dr. L C Foong
3. Dr. Fong Chuan Wee
4. Dr Douglas Ong
5. Dr Gordon Tan

Sigh.... what a difficult decision here.

sufeit0115

Hi Erlina and Sufeit,

I am still clueless who to book. Trying to gather information from the forum. Think we have shorlisted a few but still not sure who to go with yet.

1. Dr. Ang Huai Yan
2. Dr. L C Foong
3. Dr. Fong Chuan Wee
4. Dr Douglas Ong
5. Dr Gordon Tan

Sigh.... what a difficult decision here.
A few factors for you to consider:-
1) Location and timing of clinic
2) Which hospital do your gynae delivers
3) Charges or any pre-natal packages offered
4) Personality of gynae, e.g those assuring type or man of few words (some gynae 'chop chop' type consultation but still equally good)

Good luck in your search! :)