EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Lingz12

So envious of u felicity! My SIL have 2 boys and she did pass me some clothes.. I suppose for home wear is ok.. But mine is a princess after all.. So I will still wan to dress her like one.. And once I started buying clothes, I can't stop! They are oooooooh so cute! To the extent that my mum and my hubby are banning me near any bb clothes shop.. Haha..

Just came back from expo.. Bought some rompers, swaddle, goon pampers, blankets and bibs.. Was still thinking whether to buy the cloth diapers but my mum say cloth nappies are much cheaper.. :(

Oh ya.. Have u mummies bought ur breast pumps? I was tinking of buying medela freestyle bcos of the superb reviews.. But it is so ex.. Still tinking still tinking.. Haven't bought steriliser too..

tealeaf

my sister also passed me her son's stuff. So far I did not need to buy breast pump, sterilizer, clothes (at least until 6 months still it's unisex until that time hehehe). I only bought consumables stuff like bath foam, lotion, diapers, cloth diapers, bibs (since my nephew's had been used over and over again), blanket, towels.

felicity

No need envy me la.. Just happen a lot of friends willing to give away when we ask around.. We didn't get from relatives de, 95% from friends... Go ask around also? His sister has 3 sons, so not suitable also.. Gave us some unisex rompers n mittens, booties etc.. She threw away cot etc already cos rusty or not in gd condition. I've been swooning over bb gal stuff but I'm not allowed to buy anything anymore =/ with so much hands-me-down cluttering our only spare room, also our study cum storage room.. My next problem is no room for bb when she grow up, n wat if second one comes along?!

I'm getting medela freestyle.. I wanted something that's v portable n fuss free n I tot that fits my requirement. My friend can bring it w her n pump while singing karaoke w us lor.. Keke..

Lingz12

I was googling and saw this promo from megababystore for medela freestyle at $510 only.. No local warranty though.. Gotta top up another 100 bucks for warranty.. Dunno should buy not.. Or jus heartpain buy from retail.. But my mum told me not to spend too much on breast pump, cos dunno got milk not.. :(

felicity

My friends advice milk pump better get brand new one cos difficult to wash clean thoroughly.. May hv traces of other ppl's milk left behind if hands-me-down.. So I getting new one.. My hubby has a colleague whose wife is getting for me from USA... So I not getting from retail.. Also dunno how much I will hv to pay for it yet... $510 sounds like a good deal cos most promo I see is $799..

Lingz12

Yeah, I planning to get a brand new one too.. Just not too sure how reliable this seller is.. Nvrm.. I shall think some more.. Hee.. :)

Jainah

hi

May i just share. Many new moms do not know about the benefit of having pre-natal massage. Its helps with knotty muscles, esp the lower and upper back and shoulder. Its also help with water retention for those who accumulate weight too fast. Its very helpful esp to prepare for delivery (two or three weeks before EDD). Helpful to get better sleep. And usually advisable for those first time mother planning to breastfeed as she would be taught how to massage the breast before actual delivery. But please observe the following guidelines Firstly, must be done by experienced therapist. Secondly, safe after 5 1/2 month above. Thirdly, specially oil need need to be used (aroma oil only from pure extract not synthetic). Lastly, done more regularly on the last week to help prepare for delivery and undistributed water retention and weight gained. Hope this tips are usefu..:)

purpur

I been using bio oil n glancy stretch mark cream Fr e start but I still having stretch mark which is red in color now , heard that it will remain after birth.. Haiz . Anyone facing e same prob as me ??

PetPet

Me! I have been using 3 different brands of stretch marks or moisturizer but stretch marks are getting more and more.at first feel super itchy but nw feel like scratch wound pain.could not help it when all the stretch marks at my back side and both upper side hips, whenever I lie on bed or sit dwn, feel like making the "wound" even worst and more stretch marks. Kinda depressed at times.

Pinky32

I am using Clarins, the oil type at night. So far so good. No visible stretch marks yet and no itchiness. You can try it out.
It is a bit oily though..so I only use it at night.

lizzy2101

stretchmarks are mostly genetics so even you use stretchmarks lotion/oil/serum if you will have it you will have it :( it will lighten after awhile and if you using lightening cream that is. I used to have a loads of stretchmarks but after the 2nd child I use strivectin stretchmarks cream and i helped to lessen the scar and lighten it.

Stretch marks are a big worry for me too.. My mom got it so i suspect i will have it too. I already have some around my breast area now from gaining weight during my teens.

I've been using clarins oil, palmer's lotion, palmer's oil and bio oil. I tried to alternate things around because i cant really stand the cocoa butter smell on my skin whole day..

Btw, i'm having a super duper bad flu now!! Sore throat and stuffy nose!! I dun dare to eat any meds at all and it has been going on for weeks (near a month maybe). It's so suffering and bothersome when i wanna sleep and i'm so so scared it will affect my baby..

Any recommendation of home remedies??

tealeaf

eeneyminey, I had sore throat and cough few weeks back. I just drank water a lot (warm water) and drank honey lemon. After a week, it got better. I was left with a bit of running nose. Sadly, this one can only be cured with enough sleep. Also I ate more fruits and vit C to get better.

eeneyminey, I had sore throat and cough few weeks back. I just drank water a lot (warm water) and drank honey lemon. After a week, it got better. I was left with a bit of running nose. Sadly, this one can only be cured with enough sleep. Also I ate more fruits and vit C to get better.
Thanks tealeaf for ur advise.. I started to drink some vit c supplements too. I've been having the runny nose for like 3 weeks or more, but it's only get worse since last weekend. Somehow my nose got stuck and i cant sleep coz of it.

I think you might be right about sleep part, coz last sat i cant sleep well and right after my nose starts killing me..

tealeaf

eeneyminey, sleep is very important to regain our health. Oh, if you have blocked nose, try to sleep with additional pillow. It will help a bit.

felicity

Hi, I think warm honey lemon is good for flu.. Drink lots of water too!! Add lemon to warm water in the morning may help, can read up on adding lemon to water, v good for keeping healthy.

Just got back from my first prenatal class, mrs Wong says stretch mark oil etc can't really prevent stretch marks.. If they will come, can't prevent one, but after birth will fade off...

The lesson quite interesting, also get husbands involved to do massage for wives etc...

PetPet

Stretch marks will be permanently there, just tht it will turn from red pink to whitish color (consider faded a but).it still looks scary but unsightly if never look at it closely.sigh!!!

If Flu still persist, can try nasal spray. Never tried before but it is recommended for kids and preggie as per pharmacy staff & online research.