EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Gnet

I'm delivering at TMC, edd 2 sep... Wondering if bb will pop early, or late like both me n my bro? A lot of anticipation!
Finally I found someone earlier than me! Lolx. I'm also scared will pop early like end Aug. My EDD is 7 Sept and will be at KKH. :)

Pinky32

Hi camcamwhambam,

My EDD is on 22nd Sept too. I am delivering at TMC.

Hey Lingz,

I decided not to go through the hassle of having to look for a babysitter. I don't even trust domestic helpers nowadays, after reading a lot of scary stories. Haha! Luckily for me, I'm choosing to put aside career for a while and be a stay home mom at least for the first year cause I think it's a very important stage. :) have you discussed it with your hubby yet?

Ohh by the way, September mommies to be, have you all chosen your hospital yet? My EDD is 22nd sept and I haven't decided yet! Haha!

lizzy2101

Hi September mommies... I just logged in here after soo long, and was so excited to see quite a few of you having your babies at parkway east.. My baby is due on September 24th, and I'll be delivering at parkway east hospital too.. This is my first baby and im really excited :))

Also, do any of you know if our husbands can stay with us at night time?
Im not sure too it's gonna be my first time in Park East Hopsital, but normally single bedroom they allow the partner to sleep over.

Wow! Seems like Park East Hospital is quite the popular choice! My hubs wants me to go for Mount Alvernia because he heard stories that service at Thomson Medical could get pretty nasty sometimes. And he wants to take those deluxe suite where the daddy can stay over? But I disagreed because I feel that it will only be for one night, no point spending such money. And I'm one of those who have a phobia of hospitals and would pester the doctor to discharge me ASAP! Hahahaha!

Just a random observation, but I noticed that not only this Dragon year a lot of babies, but I realized that there are a lot of baby Dragon girls right? So far, I haven't had one friend who's expecting a son yet. Hahaha! :p

tealeaf

Lingz, same with camcamwhambam, I decided to put aside my career and be a stay home mum :)

My EDD is 21 sept and I decided to deliver at NUH.

felicity

I'm delivering at TMC, edd 2 sep... Wondering if bb will pop early, or late like both me n my bro? A lot of anticipation!
Finally I found someone earlier than me! Lolx. I'm also scared will pop early like end Aug. My EDD is 7 Sept and will be at KKH. :)
Yea I also wonder if will pop in end August!

I'm opting for single room but is depend on availability also.. I've nv stayed in hospital b4 so dunno wat to expect n hoping my hubby will stay w me...

felicity

Wow! Seems like Park East Hospital is quite the popular choice! My hubs wants me to go for Mount Alvernia because he heard stories that service at Thomson Medical could get pretty nasty sometimes. And he wants to take those deluxe suite where the daddy can stay over? But I disagreed because I feel that it will only be for one night, no point spending such money. And I'm one of those who have a phobia of hospitals and would pester the doctor to discharge me ASAP! Hahahaha!

Just a random observation, but I noticed that not only this Dragon year a lot of babies, but I realized that there are a lot of baby Dragon girls right? So far, I haven't had one friend who's expecting a son yet. Hahaha! :p
Yup, this year seems to hv a lot more gals than boys!! I do hv friends expecting boys, but more gals!!!

Kary2500

Lizzy yea I thought so too,.. Will probably take the tour of the rooms when I go for my check up this Friday...

Camcam - Yeaa I'm having a girl too., and a couple of my friends who already had their babies this month and the last were also girls... 2012 is one girl dragon year :)

felicity

Oh I hv one qn... I hv bb cot, bath tub, clothes n cloth nappies etc from ppl but I wondering when should I start to buy other necessity like bb shower gel and wet wipes etc, and which brand is good? Any idea? Thanks! Anything else I should get??

Don't intend to get formula though.. Hoping to bf.. Really hope n pray hv enough for bb!! Reading the threads in breastfeeding mothers support group... Seems like most stressful thing is the breastfeeding part!!

lizzy2101

Oh I hv one qn... I hv bb cot, bath tub, clothes n cloth nappies etc from ppl but I wondering when should I start to buy other necessity like bb shower gel and wet wipes etc, and which brand is good? Any idea? Thanks! Anything else I should get??

Don't intend to get formula though.. Hoping to bf.. Really hope n pray hv enough for bb!! Reading the threads in breastfeeding mothers support group... Seems like most stressful thing is the breastfeeding part!!
A month before you give birth is fine, wet wipes is fine to buy anytime as long as its sealed still it wont dried up. Ill be using Cetaphil as a body wash for baby and Physiogel for lotion other than this items I plan to use Mustela or Burt's bees. I used Huggies wipes before and its good a bit expensive so for home use i used pigeon wipes and huggies for outside use cos its thicker than normal wipes :)

I havent got the bath up yet.. Wanted to buy those that have like a lying down net for the baby to lay down.. I thought this type will be easier to bathe newborn baby..

any recommendation where to buy and around how much??

Baby cot i got second hand from SIL, but the matress is from a latex matress.. And it looked really dirty and kinda smelly already.. Can i wash it?? how to wash a latex mattress?

My colleague recommended me to eat fenugreek.. she said will boost up ur milk supply.. but i read up online that it may have some side effects on you AND the baby too.. i'm considering whether to get it or not..

felicity

I think don't get until confirm u need? I'm just waiting n keeping my fingers crossed... Really hope won't get too stressed up from breast feeding...

I hv a tub from my friend but my mum says to buy a the net for bb to sit/rest in the bathtub will be easier... She told me last time dunno is me or my bro, she didn't manage to hold properly n accidentally let bb slipped into the water so she prefer got some safety precaution..

My bb's sitting upright in my last scan n these two days her head keep jabbing into my stomach v uncomfy :/

lizzy2101

I havent got the bath up yet.. Wanted to buy those that have like a lying down net for the baby to lay down.. I thought this type will be easier to bathe newborn baby..

any recommendation where to buy and around how much??

Baby cot i got second hand from SIL, but the matress is from a latex matress.. And it looked really dirty and kinda smelly already.. Can i wash it?? how to wash a latex mattress?
i bought my new born mat/net to fit baby tub in taka fair a few weeks ago for 14 dollars :D i dont think you can wash latex mattress, use fabreeze instead and put it under the sun so the smell will fade away

babyswonderful

Hello mummies,

We're giving away free milk bag samples (shipped from USA) to mummies for trial. Just opened a new batch for giveaways recently due to requests from mummies both in this forum and the SMH forum so thought that you might be interested. Email us at baby.swonderful@gmail.com.

Also, just to share, we organise pre orders for baby products from USA (the next one will start on 15th June).
Products include breast pumps & accessories / storage bags & bottles / baby creams / baby feeding bottles etc.
Prices are generally up to 50% lower than retail shops and other BPs due to negotiations and shared shipping costs.
Free courier for all orders above S$120.

Do drop by my thread ~45% OFF RETAIL PRICES~ NEW! Milk Bottles/Breast Pumps/Creams/Milk Storage Bags or my blog www.babyswonderful.blogspot.com if you are keen.

Thanks!
Baby S.

I think don't get until confirm u need? I'm just waiting n keeping my fingers crossed... Really hope won't get too stressed up from breast feeding...

I hv a tub from my friend but my mum says to buy a the net for bb to sit/rest in the bathtub will be easier... She told me last time dunno is me or my bro, she didn't manage to hold properly n accidentally let bb slipped into the water so she prefer got some safety precaution..

My bb's sitting upright in my last scan n these two days her head keep jabbing into my stomach v uncomfy :/

Yaa i understand how that feels.. Sometimes i dunno her head or her bum turning around at the bottom part of my belly and it's like pressing my bladder.. also feels uncomfortable.. lolz.. sometimes i will put my hands there and say, please dont stay like this, mommy's uncomfy, turn a bit and she will turn again.. hahahha

i bought my new born mat/net to fit baby tub in taka fair a few weeks ago for 14 dollars :D i dont think you can wash latex mattress, use fabreeze instead and put it under the sun so the smell will fade away

This is what i have in mind too.. but is it okay for the baby to sleep in if i spray in fabreeze those kinds? wouldnt it be like "too chemical" for babies?

lizzy2101

This is what i have in mind too.. but is it okay for the baby to sleep in if i spray in fabreeze those kinds? wouldnt it be like "too chemical" for babies?
it is fine, the smell will fade away after sometime, buy unscented fabreeze if you're worried about the smell, as for chemical wise I don't think its harmful and you gonna use bed sheet on top of it right?

it is fine, the smell will fade away after sometime, buy unscented fabreeze if you're worried about the smell, as for chemical wise I don't think its harmful and you gonna use bed sheet on top of it right?
yaa.. besides that still have the waterproof mattress protector also.. i hope it'll be okay.. ^^ thanks!!

hushhush

Hi I'm from the Aug Mummy, anyone interested in this product? My cousin is helping me to get it at $23 per bottle with free local normal postage. This is her 2nd baby and she delivering in NOV, so she helping me to get it earlier. Please PM as I don't want to Spam everyone, Let me know by this Friday as I will be the First person to go for delivery in Aug so need it urgently.
Star Health Pte Ltd

here is the review, New Mama Bottom Spray - Eases discomfort of postpartum soreness, swelling, episiotomies and hemorrhoids