EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

felicity

haha Lingz i'm the other way round... since everything is tasteless, plain crackers won't make much difference... most impt is to curb the nauseousness =P i hv instant ginger tea at home too, used to make for menstrual cramps, shall dig them out to make =)

paul

For me crackers help, I bought many tea for myself. All dun work. I will usually sleep away to ease the tiredness.

meltie

Hey ladies,

i am feeling nauseas here and there too.. just had a company cny lunch, felt like puking throughout! Had to tell my colleagues i have some stomach upset.. i can't stand the thought or smell of meat, fish and also the sauces.. worse of all was the oily trotters with sea cucumbers! i am usually the foodie and eat alot.. but now i am hungry but no appetite.. very frustrating..

My close friend tell me to get the gold kili brand of ginger tea from ntuc and maybe some water biscuits (branded Carrs). Heard it helped her alot through her MS.The feeling of MS sucks and it is getting more intensified by the day.. i don't feel like working! :/

Jiayou to all who are battling this MS and like me , also the paranoia of thinking whether my pregnancy is confirm plus chop.. Praying that my little sac will grow fast !

stellajoebaby

:nah::nah:hello sep 2012 mummy! my name is stellajoe, i am 10 week preggy! very happy to be here and redaing all the interesting comment and helpful advise! let give each other lot of love and support ! keep it up ,mummy!

coriela

I tried the ginger tea this morning and it makes it worst! This is bad!....Or maybe my MS is just getting worst. Now, I really do not know what to do. The ginger tea also smell vile to me. Maybe that does not help too.

lizzy2101

aww coriela that's really sounds not good. lucky for me i cna say i don't experience MS at all, just complaining my breast tenderness thats all cause its really pianful specially at night... hope you'll body will cope up with pregnancy soon coriela so MS will subside.. cheers!

coriela

Thanks Lizzy. I hope so too. Today just seem to be double worst. Yesterday I was still feeling generally alright. Sigh... I had poured away the ginger tea and switch back to milo or water, with plain tea biscuites. Hope that will work, or else I don't know how am I going to suffer through my work day. Especially when I have not told anyone at work.

Lingz12

oh coriela, that sounds bad.. I suppose something that works for one does not necessarily work for another.. hope your biscuits help!

lizzy2101

:( afTer i said i dont have MS this morning suddenly i felt so tired that i went to bed again... When i woke up i couldnt stand up for too long or ill faint, my tummy feels hungry and acidy when i tried to eat my fav crackers it tasted so plain i couldnt even chew it :( i read that MS can show up 6-7 weeks of pregnancy :S hope it will gone soon!

Piglim

Hi ladies,

I can't drink plain water-makes me puke. N I hv tried quite a many of drinks. Thought u gals can try hot chocolate or 100 plus. It works well for me. Btw my sis who gave birth to a twins last year told me I can't drink honey, green tea, coke, chrysanthemum n barley. Any form of liang cha is a no no cos 1st trim cannot take too cooling things. Hope this helps.

Hiya ladies, at the peak of my MS, one of my girlfriends advised me to eat the plain crackers the minute I wake up. Even before I brush my teeth or do anything else... this is so that we get the crackers to the stomach before all the gastric juices etc "wake up" too! It did work for me during that period of time but I only felt good till about noon... then the MS hits me all over again.

These days its more of bloatedness than MS... but either way, still not much of an appetite ;p

Last edited:
Hi Caramallae, of course will update on my week 10 scan soon :) in the meantime, please cut back on tea or any other caffeinated drinks as much as possible. This is as the baby is unable to matabolize caffeine yet. Which means, caffeine can be stored in the developing baby's body for a long time and can reach up to dangerous levels. Hence, better not play play!

Anyone knws whether we can drink bubble tea? I feel like drinking the ovaltine ice cream milk tea from Koi? Heehee

Hi mflee, I hope everything went well at the doctor's for you?

went to my gynae on sat n cfmed m 6 wks 4 days now. however, i discovered some brown stains n cramps yest til today. hope everything will b ok n nothing to be alarmed abt. am goin back to see dr seetho again today.

felicity

oh dear coriela, i hope you are feeling better as i type!

i used to be a coffee addict but since pregnant i cannot stand coffee... which is great. when tcc i was still worried how to 'wean' myself off my daily coffee =P

i've been having crazy appetite! i get hungry easily and full easily too. today i had bee hoon, then hot chocolate in the morning, another hot chocolate at 9+, then at 11+ i had noodles, and a bun because the serving of the noodles is miserable... then a min ago i just had another bun... and i'm still hungry. omg.

yesterday during a meeting i was so hungry my tummy was rumbling, and when it was time for break i was eating madly, and suddenly got so full and uncomfortable =/

Juan

Hi ladies,

I can't drink plain water-makes me puke. N I hv tried quite a many of drinks. Thought u gals can try hot chocolate or 100 plus. It works well for me. Btw my sis who gave birth to a twins last year told me I can't drink honey, green tea, coke, chrysanthemum n barley. Any form of liang cha is a no no cos 1st trim cannot take too cooling things. Hope this helps.
Oh, I am drinking chrysanthermum n barley.. I think should be OK ba since this two is not too cool for our body.

xiaoer

Ya me always hungry too!! U gals know what brand to buy for hot chocolate? I was recommended maternal milk powder but taste sucks ha..

meltie

Oh dear, i think we all gotta find something that works.. i just bought the ginger tea.. hope it don't go to waste.. I bought some mints too.. gonna try that..

Today had terrible MS in the morning too, feeling worse than yesterday, almost puked.. was choking .. :( I had a cup of fresh orange juice for lunch, i think the sourness helped me abit, reduced my nausea in the afternoon.. may we can try fruit juices? Anyone know what types of fruit juices to avoid?