EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

icysheens

hi everyone im new here....
just learnt from my gp yest im 5 weeks pregnant...i dont feel pregnant except just sleepy + feverish + bad cramps (normal to me coz i haf history of bad menses cramps).i read somewhere its not cfmed pregnant till gynae confirms it?is it true?coz now i worry if im not pregnant i will disappoint my hubby who is super super excited over this news since yest:s
(1)if im pregnant im considering dr lisa chin from gleneagles anyone has experience wif her b4?how is she like?
(2) anyone can share total breakdown costs (from consultation right up to delivery at gleneagles? (including anaesthesiatric costs etc etc) so we will be prepared at the total costs we r in for should we proceed with dr chin?
(3) anything else i shld be aware of coz this is my 1st pregnancy n im really both happy n nervous + scared mixed of emotions n im clueless whats next n all i want do is sleep!
look fwd to hearing from you!!cheers!!!!!!

felicity

So envious of u... At least u got e mood to go out. I just don't feel like getting out of the house. ESP for meal times... Cos I dont like to vomit in public toilets.... Today report MC too... I wonder how u gals r dealing with work in such conditions... Cannot tell pple I m pregnant cos I'm still not 3mths yet... Yet it's so obvious. N when pple ask cannot deny, yet cannot tell... So Xin ku...

Do u all find climbing e stairs a difficult task now? I feel worst than an old lady... I used to b an athlete, I m also very skinny... Now e bulging tummy is even more obvious...
*hugs* ya it's very xinku... :( hope u will feel better soon!

my workplace... 4 levels, no lift... everyday running up and down many many times. i'm not skinny, my BMI is over 26 one... so not obvious as i hv a tummy to begin with... but a couple of closer colleagues know, and always telling me off for stomping up and down the stairs... i wasn't even aware, sometimes when i walk, very forceful. i've told my immediate superior too because need to find relief for my work. previously there are other pregnant colleagues going up and down and i feel they very xinku... now they all back from maternity already, my turn to xinku =/

last night ended up having prata... when watching the foodie show on channel 8 where bryan wong was introducing the different kinds of laksa in m'sa, got craving for curry dish... keke~ is it bad to eat too spicy? i love spicy food a lot and i can eat until very very spicy... now i still indulge in my little chilli padi etc sometimes but hubby isn't happy about it. =/

felicity

hi everyone im new here....
just learnt from my gp yest im 5 weeks pregnant...i dont feel pregnant except just sleepy + feverish + bad cramps (normal to me coz i haf history of bad menses cramps).i read somewhere its not cfmed pregnant till gynae confirms it?is it true?coz now i worry if im not pregnant i will disappoint my hubby who is super super excited over this news since yest:s
(1)if im pregnant im considering dr lisa chin from gleneagles anyone has experience wif her b4?how is she like?
(2) anyone can share total breakdown costs (from consultation right up to delivery at gleneagles? (including anaesthesiatric costs etc etc) so we will be prepared at the total costs we r in for should we proceed with dr chin?
(3) anything else i shld be aware of coz this is my 1st pregnancy n im really both happy n nervous + scared mixed of emotions n im clueless whats next n all i want do is sleep!
look fwd to hearing from you!!cheers!!!!!!
icysheens i can see that u r v excited! u r posting this everywhere!! :D i have responded in another thread... i'm totally clueless too... first time mummy... dunno how much to use, how much to spend, when to buy what, what to buy what not to buy... that's why come forum to learn more =P let's learn together! :)

plyn

hello mummies!!

i'm a newbie to this forum. i'm into my 7wks now. this is my first baby thru ivf.

nice to see all mummies here! :001_302:

sora

Hi Felicity! Is wk 10 a bit early for the oscar test? I was just asking my gynae yesterday about it & she said 12 wks is the best time to do.. tho anytime between 11-14wks is ok..

hee cos when i went for the scan i was 8+ week and the doc says do oscar test in week 10... we wanna quickly fix our package and fix all the appt... maybe i'm a bit too ganjiong lol :p

I was with Dr Shamini at Raffles women clinic for my first scan too, on wed =) baby was 1.81 cm on wed, EDD 2 Sep 2012. was there to confirm my pregnancy first, but gg to Dr Benjamin Tham for my package~

felicity

Hi Felicity! Is wk 10 a bit early for the oscar test? I was just asking my gynae yesterday about it & she said 12 wks is the best time to do.. tho anytime between 11-14wks is ok..
hi sora! :D nice to meet ya here!

when i was at raffles, i was told to do at week 10, but dr Tham said to make an appt 2.5 later when i see him for the first time ytd, and i've arranged for the appt, which is in week 12 :)

sora

Hi Felicity! My bmi is between 25-30 also.. feeling like a balloon now even tho am just 9 wks pregnant! & these days, i feel hungry every 2-3 hrs.. if i dun eat sth, i'd feel really nauseated... trying hard to control my diet + add in more slow walking time.

*hugs* ya it's very xinku... :( hope you will feel better soon!

my workplace... 4 levels, no lift... everyday running up and down many many times. i'm not skinny, my BMI is over 26 one... so not obvious as i have a tummy to begin with... but a couple of closer colleagues know, and always telling me off for stomping up and down the stairs... i wasn't even aware, sometimes when i walk, very forceful. i've told my immediate superior too because need to find relief for my work. previously there are other pregnant colleagues going up and down and i feel they very xinku... now they all back from maternity already, my turn to xinku =/

last night ended up having prata... when watching the foodie show on channel 8 where bryan wong was introducing the different kinds of laksa in m'sa, got craving for curry dish... keke~ is it bad to eat too spicy? i love spicy food a lot and i can eat until very very spicy... now i still indulge in my little chilli padi etc sometimes but hubby isn't happy about it. =/

sora

yea! i'll be doing mine in 2.5 wks also! :)

hi sora! :D nice to meet ya here!

when i was at raffles, i was told to do at week 10, but dr Tham said to make an appt 2.5 later when i see him for the first time ytd, and i've arranged for the appt, which is in week 12 :)

lizzy2101

Hi and welcome to new comers :) i went to the doctors today and saw my tiny lil one :) heartbeat and pregnancy is doing great and will be back there in 4 weeks time.. I craved for chili crab today lol die die must have!!!

sora

Hi lizzy! how many wks r u now?

Hi and welcome to new comers :) i went to the doctors today and saw my tiny lil one :) heartbeat and pregnancy is doing great and will be back there in 4 weeks time.. I craved for chili crab today lol die die must have!!!

colors

hi colors,

hows your check-up with dr seetho???
Hi mflee, went to see Dr lim Teck Beng today. E moment I hear my baby's heart beat happy tears start rolling down my cheeks. My baby is 7.5 weeks nw. Heart beat rate @ 148 bpm like a jumping bean now haha :) I'm thinking of seeing a few more gynea b4 deciding to one. What's r dr see tho's charges? R u taking any gynea packages?

Last edited:

felicity

Hi mflee, went to see Dr lim Teck Beng today. E moment I hear my baby's heart beat happy tears start rolling down my cheeks. My baby is 7.5 weeks nw. Heart beat rate @ 148 bpm like a jumping bean now haha :) I'm thinking of seeing a few more gynea b4 deciding to one. What's r dr see tho's charges? R u taking any gynea packages?
haha when i first saw the heartbeat, i just thought it's so amazing! the second time was at TMC, i saw and heard it, and saw bb stretching the back and wriggle the toe a bit.. when zoomed in the toes are just tiny little moving dots. so cute!! isn't it amazing? and heart rate was 170 bpm! my hubby was like... bb like running a race, heart beating so fast, then i said... it's swimming and diving ma... working out inside mummy... keke...

so exciting right? i was keen to sign at TMC, but my mum reminded me that as civil servant, i may hv discounts at KK. is it true, anyone knows? thanks!

and hi icysheens! hee... dun worry we are in here together, definitely notice one! when is ur bb due?