EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Radical

Hello Everyone,

Wish you all a smooth going pregnancy and a happy parent in 7 months time!
My wife too will be due early Sep and it had been such a mixture of emotions in the past weeks.

It is really good to find so many people of the same pregnancy stage going through similar emotion and physical changes.
Especially if we are still keeping our pregnancy news from our friends till 12 weeks due.
We couldn’t go around asking friends or colleagues when we have all these questions in our head.

My wife prefers reading in Chinese so she gets the info from books while for me, an avid netizen, from the web.
Initially I had hesitated to post in this forum where is it almost all mums or mums to be.
There is this “odd one out” feeling. But thanks to the pioneer dads whom have posted I picked up the courage to post this.
I suppose I could contribute by sharing a guy’s view of various matters. But read with a pinch of salt as it may not apply to all guys.

These past weeks had been full of joy, excitement, amusement & adjustments.
The activities we do, the food we eat, etc all had to change.
I still remember the first week when the morning sickness symptoms appeared.
I dont’t know what my wife can or cannot eat so I took out all the ingredients for her to sniff first before I start cooking.
She will go “Ok this one pass. No this one fail”. Such fond memories … =)

I’d better cut it short here before I go blabbing on.
Hang on there everyone!

Hiya ladies, wow this thread is so alive & buzzing now! :D just wanna ask, are any of your bellies showing now? I'm only 10.4 weeks but my belly is already beginning to poke out. I thot it won't show so early especially for 1st time mummies... :confused: One of my girlfriends started to show at 11 weeks but hat's her 2nd pregnancy so....

Hi Caramellae, how've you been doing? :) I just had my 10 week scan yesterday. From a blob a 7 weeks, it's developed into a tiny baby now!! I could see its head, belly & little limbs... It's so exciting to watch him / her grow! Can't wait to know the gender :D But based on the scan measurements, my baby seems to be 3 days ahead so now EDD has shifted to 3 sep. the EDD keeps chaning with every scan.... So confusing! Your scan should be coming up soon too right? :) take care girl!

Hi Moonjellie! Mine is a month from nw which should be in my 11th week. I'm sure you will be looking forward to your next scan. Update us okie! :)

Hi Caramellae, how've you been doing? :) I just had my 10 week scan yesterday. From a blob a 7 weeks, it's developed into a tiny baby now!! I could see its head, belly & little limbs... It's so exciting to watch him / her grow! Can't wait to know the gender :D But based on the scan measurements, my baby seems to be 3 days ahead so now EDD has shifted to 3 sep. the EDD keeps chaning with every scan.... So confusing! Your scan should be coming up soon too right? :) take care girl!

Hi moonjellie!! Im so happy for you! Great news! :)

Mine is not so great thou. 2 days ago i had cramps n back ache. Yesterday morning, i discovered brown spots. Quickly rush to see my gynae. She did a scan. She told me baby is okie and heartbeat is fine. So far mine is just head n tail. Look like tadpole. Limbs not developed yet but the baby can move aredy! We saw the head moving! Heehee

For precaution sake, she gave me duphaston, hormone pill to stabilise my pregnancy. I'm suppose to take the pill till the end of my first trimester. I was given mc for bed rest till nx wed. I think over-exert myself at work this week. Cant help it that my workload is still a lot, with my weak body, i"m struggling to finish as much as i can. And i have to walk a lot at work too. Gotta stay strong. I guess all working mums will feel the same way too. Let's hope it gets better during the 2nd trimester.

Take care everyone! :)

Oh dear, please rest well girl. I also had some brown spotting this week too but it wasn't accompanied by any pain. My doc checked yesterday & said I'm not bleeding. But she still gave me a week of progesterone just in case. You saw your baby move! So cool! I didn't see mine move leh :( hope I'll see it next time. And it's tough I knw but try to take it easy at work. At least to get through this first trimester first! :) take care!

Lingz12

Hi moonjellie, me too! Wanted to ask if anybody started showing.. I originally already had a tummy.. Now tummy seems bigger at 9wks.. dont know issit little one getting bigger or tummy just growing bigger cos im eating too much.. Haha.. This is my first pregnancy, so by right shouldnt be showing so early right? Sighz.. dont want anybody at work to know yet.. So trying to hide tummy as much as possible..

Hey Lingz, phew so I'm not alone! Like you I also have a bit of tummy so i was thinking it cld be because of that too :shyxxx: Hahaha....

felicity

haha mine is definitely tummy showing cos it's protruding at tummy height, not at uterus height! :shyxxx:

and already i think i need maternity clothes just to accommodate that ridiculous tummy of mine :eek:

lizzy2101

Hi mummies ,
Want to to take suggestions regarding using Breast Pumps for feeding baby due to having little time to feed my baby ? Please suggest is it good to use or not ?

:wong19: :we2Randy-git: :wong29:
Hi sumi, latching is fine if you are stay at home mom in my opinion, but my friend told me mix of both latching and pumping is the best cos when the baby grows it needs more milk and sometimes latching cant always provide the sufficient milk (case to case basis) the baby needs. Pumping helps you rest more i think so you and your hubby or other helpers can feed the baby. I hope this will give a little idea but i recommend for you to read more about breastfeeding online :) cheers!

regenz

Hi everybody, I am new to this forum.I am glad to find this thread. MS is causing me to feel alone in this world. Your post give me strength.

My EDD is 07 Sept 2012. I am about 10 weeks and feeling this week is worse than the rest. The toilet bowl is now my best friend.

felicity

hi regenz! congrats and welcome!!

today is my worse sunday of 2012! i have headache the entire day and vomited several times already. every little smell makes me want to vomit. MIL's cooking made me vomit, packed dinner also made me vomit. now tummy feeling empty as i've vomited, but seriously no appetite for any input at all... =( i've brought lots of work home but none get done. sad!

meltie

Hi Regenz and felicity,

We're all in this together! Hmm i am having quite abit of nausea and loss of appetite too..

Had some real bland carrot with tofu porridge in the late afternn.. urgh..

Just don't feel like doing anything.. just wanna lie horizontal on bed.. now still wondering what to have for dinner.. my hubby is out having a hard time searching for something that i can put into my mouth. I tend to avoid the smells before it gets infront of me, so that i prevent myself from the urge of puking..

Jiayou and hang on tight gals!

sora

Hi moonjellie!! Im so happy for you! Great news! :)

Mine is not so great thou. 2 days ago i had cramps n back ache. Yesterday morning, i discovered brown spots. Quickly rush to see my gynae. She did a scan. She told me baby is okie and heartbeat is fine. So far mine is just head n tail. Look like tadpole. Limbs not developed yet but the baby can move aredy! We saw the head moving! Heehee

For precaution sake, she gave me duphaston, hormone pill to stabilise my pregnancy. I'm suppose to take the pill till the end of my first trimester. I was given mc for bed rest till nx wed. I think over-exert myself at work this week. Cant help it that my workload is still a lot, with my weak body, i"m struggling to finish as much as i can. And i have to walk a lot at work too. Gotta stay strong. I guess all working mums will feel the same way too. Let's hope it gets better during the 2nd trimester.

Take care everyone! :)

Hi Caramellae! Hope things r better w u now! I also had brown spotting last wk.. First time in 11 wks... I was so scared and rushed to c a gynae... too scared in fact, i just randomly went into a nearby clinic instead of gg over to my usual gynae's plc.. :p she also gave me a box of duphaston + progesterone injection.. she said bb looks fine and told me spotting r q common in e first n last trimester.. as long as its not bright red/ heavy bleeding/ acc w painful cramps it shd b fine.. am gg bk to my gynae for a checkup today.. hopefully everything's ok :)

rest well & take care *hugz

sora

any mummies considering hiring a confinement nanny? this is my first pregnancy, think i need some guidance in a lot of things! how to shower the tiny bb for one... :p

felicity

Hi Regenz and felicity,

We're all in this together! Hmm i am having quite abit of nausea and loss of appetite too..

Had some real bland carrot with tofu porridge in the late afternn.. urgh..

Just don't feel like doing anything.. just wanna lie horizontal on bed.. now still wondering what to have for dinner.. my hubby is out having a hard time searching for something that i can put into my mouth. I tend to avoid the smells before it gets infront of me, so that i prevent myself from the urge of puking..

Jiayou and hang on tight gals!
ya! a lot of smells make me nauseous. =( yesterday mil as cooking some soup but the smell of the soup makes me throw up my breakfast and i totally lost appetite. end up she cooked up a storm for lunch but i hardly touch any dish and only had like 2 tablespoons of plain rice, yet threw up again after eating. later told hubby i wan fish soup beehoon for dinner and he went to buy for me, but in the end i threw up after eating. =( maybe i should try to make some porridge later... i used to like the carrot and potato porridge that my mum made when i was a kid... maybe later make some if mil didn't cook. i sure hope she's not cooking tonight!

meltie

Hey felicity,

Yup do try some porridge.. i asked my mum to cook my fav carrot and tofu porridge that she made for me when i was young.. kind of more familiar to that taste, plus her chicken porridge.. i'm trying to explore more.. i ate plain porridge with some spinach and salted egg for lunch just now.. still bearable.. had it with orange juice and some guava after that. I feel fruits takes my nausea away..

Hmm i just went for my 2nd gynae appt, and my gynae says i'm 8 weeks now! (thought i was only 7 weeks) The scan was not very clear but could see bb's heartbeat for the first time!! Bb is now 16.1mm! Back to gynae in 3 weeks time!

The feeling of my bb inside me is so magical! That just encourages me to hang on as bb is hanging on in my womb! :)

I feel i'm trying to 'get used' to my MS , or trying to adapt to it. Always have a pack of crackers & mentos mint on me as my sales job is on the go all the time! I think it helps whenever i pop a mint or just drop by kopitiam for a cup of orange juice! :)

Radical

ya! a lot of smells make me nauseous. =( yesterday mil as cooking some soup but the smell of the soup makes me throw up my breakfast and i totally lost appetite. end up she cooked up a storm for lunch but i hardly touch any dish and only had like 2 tablespoons of plain rice, yet threw up again after eating. later told hubby i wan fish soup beehoon for dinner and he went to buy for me, but in the end i threw up after eating. =( maybe i should try to make some porridge later... i used to like the carrot and potato porridge that my mum made when i was a kid... maybe later make some if mil didn't cook. i sure hope she's not cooking tonight!
Whenever my wife gets nauseous and feels like throwing up I would make her a cup of warm Honey Lemon (must be squeezed from fresh lemon), with extra dosage on Lemon then usual. Seemed to help for her case. Might want to give it a try.
And at times when it's urgent I'll just quickly cut up the lemon and let her smell it.

regenz

I completely understand what you gals are going through. i cannot stand meat smell currently. initially it was just pork now i cannot stand fish ( my mum and my mother in law keep cooking fish for me ) now 10 weeks + i think chicken is becoming unbearable too. My vegan friends will be so proud of me now haha...

Oh be extra careful about people coughing and sneezing near you and things you touch too.It is the flu season.BUY DISINFECTANT and wear mask if that person is not wearing .Unfortunately, me and my other male co worker caught an infection from another female co worker. I need to take antibiotics because of this baterical infection. Although, my gynae assure me that it is fine to consume (will not harm the little one) and he thinks it is safer to recover faster than to be expose to more germs and virus, i feel like i let my little one down. Hopefully everything will go fine from now on. Everyone please take extra care and only take meds recommended by your gynae (if you are down with flu)

Anyone went for blood test and OSCAR Scan yet ?

Hi Felicity, ooo... That must be exciting for you! Just a qn, how to tell if it's at uterus height or tummy height? :)

haha mine is definitely tummy showing cos it's protruding at tummy height, not at uterus height! :shyxxx:

and already i think i need maternity clothes just to accommodate that ridiculous tummy of mine :eek: