EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

lizzy2101

lizzy what happened? u looking for a job and relocating? actually some of my friends' gynaes are not convenient but since not too often, they will just take cabs to see gynae... for the comfort and the gynae they wish to stick to.
just curious if its possble, cos i know its really hard to find job if u are preggy not unless part time like tutor etc but i meant real full time job. Yea relocating as this place more convenient for me. My gynae is nice, but from queenstown to parkway is far far away... I can go back with my former gynae i think, provide to get my record with this previous one so i wont redo all the test and such and so he will know whats my check up went so far.

adelynn

lizzy: re finding job, i dont think its that hard. there are alot of companies now who are working very hard to not discriminate against pregnant women, and honestly, when u hire a person, its for a long term gain and if a hiring manager is so short sighted to feel 'aiya, hire for 6 to 7 months then must pay 16 weeks maternity leave not worth' this kinda manager not worth working for as well!

Cherylxueer

Hi mummies, I'm Cheryl! 14th week now and this is my second bb. First ones a gal n this one doc says 80% boy... Gynae irene Chua at gleneagles:)

felicity

lizzy icic... if u hv ur former gynae in mind i guess should be fine to change bah =)

i've been having this dull painful cramp in my abs since morning. =( is this normal? it usually hurts most when i just stood up from sitting position, this morning went to sao-mu, i could hardly walk after i alighted from the cab due to the pain. felt like menstrual cramps... when i came back from sao-mu everytime i sit down will cramp and stand up will be worse... have work to rush but couldn't sit, so just napped for 2 hours... now still feeling a dull achy cramp in the abs. =(

lizzy2101

lizzy icic... if u hv ur former gynae in mind i guess should be fine to change bah =)

i've been having this dull painful cramp in my abs since morning. =( is this normal? it usually hurts most when i just stood up from sitting position, this morning went to sao-mu, i could hardly walk after i alighted from the cab due to the pain. felt like menstrual cramps... when i came back from sao-mu everytime i sit down will cramp and stand up will be worse... have work to rush but couldn't sit, so just napped for 2 hours... now still feeling a dull achy cramp in the abs. =(
Its maybe because of your expanding placenta felicity and the sudden weight that makin the uterus aches, it could be braxton hicks as well or your other internal organs thats been pushed by the growing inside your tummy thats why it aches. Ask your gynae next time and dont make sudden movements.

Last edited:

felicity

oh thanks so much lizzy! :) i'm totally totally clueless ><

my next appt is still quite some time away... on friday 13 april, for my 20-week scan...

meltie

Hi Cheryl!

We've got the same gynae! I'm starting my 13th week tomorrow, next appointment to see Dr Chua is 2nd Apr. So excited, hopefully can see gender of my baby!

I've been bz feeling unwell , nausea and urge to vomit got worse from 10weeks till now.. Choke every now and then.. vomitted big time last sunday.. hope all of you are feeling better! I hope my morning sickness subside soon!!

Do drink lotsa water! I have been down with a cold, sniffing and sneezing.. nose block at night.. had to eat 1 tab of piriton to sleep. Really very xin ku.. especially during sneezing, whole stomach contracts.. :p stomachaches and diarrhoeas have become part of my life... lol

Wish all a smooth pregnancy! On to the 2nd trimester we go!

tealeaf

i have been down with slight flu, cough for few days and today I found out I had sore throat.
I only drink lots of water (causing me to use toilet every half an hour), fruits, and sometimes vit C.

The flu gets better these days.

Brenbelle

Hi tealeaf, hope you are feeling better..

Any mummies to be have any recommendations or medications for breakouts due to the hormonal changes during pregnancy? I am facing challenges for breakouts since my 8th week onwards. :(

Last edited:

tealeaf

Hi Brenbelle,
My friend asked her gynae to prescribe her acne cream.
For me, I have clogs everywhere. Nowadays I sit in front of mirror and try to squeeze out the irritating clogs. :001_302:

Brenbelle

My gynae said there are no medication but I believe there is, so need to check.
Same goes for me, the small clogs comes every other day, I also try to sqeeze them but know that it's not wise as it may lead to scarring. :(

Last edited:

tealeaf

How about using tea tree oil for the breakouts?

Btw, did your gynae prescribe any supplements other than folic acid? My gynae prescribed me utrogestan 200 mg. After taking for days and felt giddy, I stopped it.
My gynae will give me multivitamin during my next visit which is mid-April.

Brenbelle

Is tea tree oil suitable for preggies? I used to have some oral medications for breakouts before I was pregnant and had since stopped.

Actually he did not, and I was wondering why also. I thought it may be due to my history of HBP but I am on constant monitoring of my HBP now. I actually asked for it and the nurses prescribed iron and calcium pills (once a day). My next visit will be end of April, will see if I need more vitamins then.

I was told that folic acid are only for first 3 months, is it true? I am still taking it as the nurses told me to finish the course which will be finishing around end next month.

funnybunny

Hi mummies!

Just wanted to say hi (I'm new here!). It's such a good feeling seeing that there's so many September mummies
:) I'm at 13 weeks today and a FTM, wondering when the nausea will finally go away and my appetite will return. I've already lost 4kg (ironically with this weight loss, I'm finally in the healthy BMI range of 23) and on sick leave for 2 weeks (due to slight spotting as I fell recently, sigh and excessive vomiting).

Hope all mummies are coping great this start of the week :)

tealeaf

Actually I have been using tea tree oil for my acne. I did not check though. If I remember correctly, the facial product that is better avoided during pregnancy is the one contains retinol A.

I read that folic acid is for only first 3 months, but i have bought the supply for another months, so either I finish them or I keep for my second pregnancy in the few years ahead. :001_302:

welcome to the club funnybunny! I was told that it was alright to lose weight initially during pregnancy. Do take care and don't tire yourself ya

Brenbelle

Thanks tealeaf, will check with the GP on the acne problem. Getting me upset.... :(

But I guess the folic acid is ok to take for another month after the 3rd, I double-checked and the nurses never say cannot.

Lingz12

Hi mummies!

Just wanted to say hi (I'm new here!). It's such a good feeling seeing that there's so many September mummies
:) I'm at 13 weeks today and a FTM, wondering when the nausea will finally go away and my appetite will return. I've already lost 4kg (ironically with this weight loss, I'm finally in the healthy BMI range of 23) and on sick leave for 2 weeks (due to slight spotting as I fell recently, sigh and excessive vomiting).
Welcome funnybunny! Aiyo, please be more careful, watch your steps! Hee.. :D

Hi mummies, most of us would b in second trimester oredi I suppose.. How are you all holding up? Fatique in e initial weeks went away towards the end of first trimester.. But it is now back again! I fall asleep uncontrollably as early as 8plus or 9pm recently.. So early that I scare myself.. Aren't we suppose to feel more energetic in 2nd trimester? Boo~

Oh ya.. Anybody started using stretch mark cream? Any good ones to recommend? Been feeling a bit tight around e tummy recently.. So think I probably should start applying some cream.. Any advice? :D

felicity

yea i've been feeling fatigue again! and it doesn't help that i'm having cough (for 3 weeks already!) and from today flu joined in the fun... :( kept sneezing and nonstop dripping nose the entire day today! urgh!!

i wanna ask abt stretch mark cream too! considering between clarins and bio oil after reading the other threads...

anyway started wearing maternity wear? i've bought some online but haven't started wearing... however i can't fit into most of my pants and skirts already... been wearing the same few drawstring pants to work... today my colleague brought a big bag of her old maternity wear for me! how sweet of her!! :)

appetite isn't well these 2 days. and oh, i've pimples sprouting too :(

dear all, hope all is smooth and well! :D