EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

DiceWee

Hello all Sept mummies!

Is anyone seeing Dr. Yvonne Chan at TMC also? I'm so excited now cuz just found that my baby is a little boy:) But also concern on the total cost in the end & which room type that i should choose.

tealeaf

wow u mummies are so hardworking! i never drink essence of chicken or birdnest or maternity milk... only take the supplements from gynae i guess should suffice ba?

can't wait for all my work to be done so i can finally get back to sleeping 5 - 6 hours a day... currently difficult to sleep early with all the deadlines so tight... can't lighten the load cos everyone else is just as packed as me!

yesterday i was so starved that i vomited... before yesterday i had a normal appetite, sometimes even no appetite, but today i was absolutely mad! i ate so much today omg... i had like double the usual amount of food i take in one entire day and still feel hungry! anyone getting sudden big appetite too? my appetite is scaring me! hubby says bb is a hungry hippo... once i feel hungry i eat because if i starve i'll vomit =/
it's good that you have a healthy appetite :) Provide some snacks in your office in case you are hungry.
It's weekend, have a good rest, felicity..

reiann

Hello all!

Sora: You're still walking your dog? Good for you! I used to run my dog (pre-pregnancy days) but quite sadly I can't run now (nausea, etc). Still walking my dog, though. I'm a bit worried when I can't walk him anymore!

What's a 'detailed scan'? Is that a normal ultrasound scan? If it's some special scan at 20 weeks, then I"ll be going for mine in a month's time, very early May.

Have you all bought your strollers and car seats etc yet? The baby fair at Taka was great.

But all the stuff about breast feeding, pumps, bottles are bewildering... :(

autumn82

Walking my dog has been a very very tiring "workout" for me. :D Coz she's pretty big in size and I'd have 2 kids that will follow along.. soo... hur. Decided to pass the baton to my hub instead. LOL!

I just went for my gynae visit last Sat, he was saying 70% it's a girl! Now waiting for the detailed scan to double confirm. :D

adelynn

Rosemummy: so lucky you get 5 mths of ML... My boss is asking me if i can come back earlier than planned. And i only planned for 12 weeks :(

dicewee: Congrats on having a boy, now its time to start shopping in the colours blue.

relann: stroller ive bought cuz i bought from US and bringing it back into SG. slightly cheaper. Car seat im hoping to re-use my #1's and if the gender is different just get a new maxi cosi seat cover :) u have time to read into breast feeding, pumps, bottle feeding... it wld also help if you are going for classes :)

Radical

I just went for my gynae visit last Sat, he was saying 70% it's a girl! Now waiting for the detailed scan to double confirm. :D
Congrats on knowing the gender, Autumn and Dicewee!
I think gender is the next big piece of news after knowing about the pregnancy.
My turn to know this week. I can start working on names soon!

Oh and 1 thing about taking birdnest that I've just experienced. dont't drink too much right before going to bed. I gave my wife 1 big bowl to drink prior to sleeping yesterday and she woke up many times during the night ... to go to the loo. Oops.

felicity

hi sora, dreamgenii is ok for me.. because i move too much in my sleep.. so it's kinda restricting my movement, but it's also good support... if i'm just sleeping without moving, like when i get too tired and knock out, and stay in one position all night... haha...

hi tealeaf... my appetite is killing me! for a while i eat like the greediest pig, and next, i'm permanently hungry yet with no appetite and will just puke at everything... it's like MS is coming back all over again and worse than before! =( i'm 18 weeks and not gaining much weight!! i hope this goes away real soon =/

yesterday i was outside and was so super tired (sleeping only 4-5 hr a night for weeks) and my appetite screwing me up... i broked down and cried while in the mall... my hubby totally freaked out.

reiann i'm not sure about detailed scan too but i'm gg in mid april... can't wait! unfortunately hubby couldn't take leave on that day to go with me =( so have to travel there on my own, prob by cab...

autumn my gynae told me mine is 70% gal too! :D

haha for now i get no essence, no bird's nest... but my colleague who came back from maternity leave gave me one tin of similac mum milk powder... i actually quite like the taste so will be taking it =)

Last edited:

tealeaf

18 weeks and still have symptoms of MS, it's not easy on you felicity, jia you... at least your hubby is here.

I am looking fwd to my detailed scan too, but my gynae is clearing her leave this month :( the day she comes back from leave, I will be probably not in Singapore. Hopefully I can secure a slot next month for my detailed scan. Can't wait to know the gender. My hubby will be super excited too (actually, he's more excited than me during simple scan).

My MIL asked the temple and they predicted I would have a boy. Let's see whether it's accurate. hehe...

serenelm

Hi mummies

I'm new in this thread... My EDD is actually early Oct but since I have always delivered prior to EDD for my 3 previous pregnancies, gynae says I'll likely deliver in mid/end Sept. I'm just abt 13 weeks now :)

In fact, my gynae would love to induce me (cos I've history of super fast labour - less than 2 hrs within water bag bursting) but I'm still considering.

Juan: Usually MS goes off abt 12-16 weeks. But for some mummies, it can last throughout pregnancy. I'm still having MS too...

Radical

Hi mummies

I'm new in this thread... My EDD is actually early Oct but since I have always delivered prior to EDD for my 3 previous pregnancies, gynae says I'll likely deliver in mid/end Sept. I'm just abt 13 weeks now :)

In fact, my gynae would love to induce me (cos I've history of super fast labour - less than 2 hrs within water bag bursting) but I'm still considering.
Hi Serenelm, welcome to the thread.
Wow this is your fourth! We have a Guru here. :notworthy:
We would love to hear your experiences.

lizzy2101

Welcome to all new mummies here :) ive been traveling in and out of Sg cos of fiance business trip, still experiencing itchy skin.. Bought palmers itchy skin for pregnant women, helps a bit but itch still after few hours so im putting calamine lotion too. Prenatal checkup in two weeks hopefully doc will be able to tell me the gender! Super excited to know cos its shopping time afterwards! Plus naming baby takes long time to decide... Have you guys chose baby name yet? xoxox

rosemummy

Adelynn mummy: I am combining my annual leave with maternity leave. My boss tot it's too disruptive for me to take leave on and off. Anyway I rarely got to rest so long!:)

Going for my detailed scan next week. So excited! Most of my colleagues guess its a gal. My hb guess boy but I told him not to be disappointed if girl hor. He says no la both he likes.

I feel stress lately by a Fren who keep telling me she experienced baby kick at 14 weeks already! I am 18 weeks and yet can't feel anything yet! But my gynae assured me usually fetal movement is around 20 weeks. But I am worried until the next scan now!

felicity

14 weeks now but still have nausea, when will go off?
same here and i'm 18 weeks! =( *hugs* hope it goes away from both of us real soon!!!

hungry: badly want to puke
want to eat: don't feel like eating
after eaten: badly want to puke
ate fruits: badly want to puke
ate biscuits: badly want to puke
ate rice: badly want to puke
is there anything that i can eat without feeling like puking?! i tot second trimester is gonna be better? why is mine WORSE?! :(

hee tealeaf nice that ur hubby is more excited... my hubby and i are both too busy with work to feel any excitement... i just came back from a meeting, and as i type now, my hubby just started another meeting at his workplace! hope u get to scan and know the gender soon!

felicity

hi serenelm, wow! must share more with us! :) i'm a clueless first time mum in my 30s... and hoping still got chance for a second one!

lizzy i think my hubby and i will be having a hard time naming the bb! since doc says 70% gal i'm already easily distracted... always wanna search for more girl names halfway through doing other stuff... haha... been sharing with hubby yet couldn't decide on any yet...

rosemummy i haven't feel anything yet too.. although once i tot i felt some fluttering low in my tummy... like maybe it's the bb flipping around or something? haha... don't worry, i heard many says they feel only after 20 weeks... can't wait to feel more! and can't wait for my pukish feeling to go away!!

rosemummy

Felicity: hope you feeling better! work really keeps us busy! But glad we working cos if it's good exercise of body and mind too! My hb and I also hardly got time be excited but I always email him articles and I am surprised he really does read! Sometimes he emails me baby articles too.

I just signed up for prenatal classes cos I really want to learn how to take care baby on my own even though my mum is helping me. Starting in may.

My hb has been discouraging me for joining prenatal yoga although I have been doing yoga regularly before preggy. Sigh. Don know how to persuade him!

rosemummy

Hi tea leaf, sometimes I wonder whether baby will let us see genius gender cos my Fren says sometimes baby will close his legs! LOL

Wah we both 18 weeks lo!

Can't wait for my scan next week!