EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

rosemummy

Hi Piglim mummy
You latch so ok la. Bb drinks all he wants during latching:)
As long he gaining healthy weight then no problem wan.

Mummies, do babies get fever often? is it normal?
My boy almost fever every week in IFC *sobbed*...now he with nanny, also just fever but ok now.
Sigh. I wonder whether it is normal. Very worrying.

Rosemummy,

ya threadfin is not cheap.. But our babies don't eat much also. Each meal only half our palm size? Wah ur baby drinks alot! Haiz I wish my son drinks this much too.. But he's consuming lesser and lesser.. 150ml must spill two times then he can finish...

I read that baby after 6mths must at least consume min 600ml of milk.. Mine only drinking 350ml in the day n at night n early morning I latch him so I dunno how much he drinks.. But it's so worrying ;((

Piglim

Oh dear rosemummy...

cant u take two weeks unpaid leave? Take care of ur child until the child is fully recovered before u send back to infantcare?
My sister's twins also take turns to fall sick. But they r 20mths old. The boy especially fall sick more often-doctor also suggested to stop the childcare for 1 mth until he is better then go back. N once he stopped the childcare he is as fit as a fiddle!

actually I wanted to start the childcare for my son when he turns 18mths (currently mil looking after) tot can let him mingle with other children n also learn more things instead of facing the four walls n that irritating mil. Now also abit skeptical. Haiz...

KiBin

i heard kids who go childcare get sick more often... and kids that do not drink BM will also fall sick more easily...

rosemummy

Yes Piglim mummy
I finally settled bb with nanny. Too tired to keep running back from work and very heartpain.
Ended up paying 2 payments for ifc and nanny this month but bo bian la.
He seems to like her very well.
Also register playgroup 18months. Probably ask nanny bring him half a day and back to rest see how.

Kibin mummy, i breastfeed 4.5 months until i go work. I think BM and FM babies same bah.
My fren FM bb no sick.
Think indiv bb immunity.
IFC good. The babies and teachers create a very fun environment but I guess my bb cannot stand the contagious environment.
But I will consider 18 months playgroup la:)

Oh dear rosemummy...

cant u take two weeks unpaid leave? Take care of ur child until the child is fully recovered before u send back to infantcare?
My sister's twins also take turns to fall sick. But they r 20mths old. The boy especially fall sick more often-doctor also suggested to stop the childcare for 1 mth until he is better then go back. N once he stopped the childcare he is as fit as a fiddle!

actually I wanted to start the childcare for my son when he turns 18mths (currently mil looking after) tot can let him mingle with other children n also learn more things instead of facing the four walls n that irritating mil. Now also abit skeptical. Haiz...

KiBin

Yes Piglim mummy
I finally settled bb with nanny. Too tired to keep running back from work and very heartpain.
Ended up paying 2 payments for ifc and nanny this month but bo bian la.
He seems to like her very well.
Also register playgroup 18months. Probably ask nanny bring him half a day and back to rest see how.

Kibin mummy, i breastfeed 4.5 months until i go work. I think BM and FM babies same bah.
My fren FM bb no sick.
Think indiv bb immunity.
IFC good. The babies and teachers create a very fun environment but I guess my bb cannot stand the contagious environment.
But I will consider 18 months playgroup la:)
rosemummy, hehe, actually i am daddy not mummy...

you are right about immunity, however, what i read off babycenter and also heard from various mummies, once stop BM, very easy to fall sick..

when baby fall sick also depends on whether he or she interacts with other kids and whether parents and people around bb fall sick..

Memory

Hey memory,

Below is the SMS I received ;

"The Weaning talk by Mrs Wong Boh Boi on 4/5/13 at 0930-1130am. Please call 62514090 for registration or if you have any enquiries. Venue at Blk 1 (Opposite TMC). The course fee will be $20 per pax. Do bring your baby for food tasting.Thank"

Maybe can meet some of you all there! Hehehe my hubby also going.
Hi PigLim,

Thanks for sharing. Will call and ask more to consider whether to go for it or not.

Memory

Oh dear rosemummy...

PigLim,

same sentiments too. Initially thought of sending my son for playgroup when he turns 18mths, but look around child care, they do not have much programme and mainly half day is basic care which i rather trust my nanny as not sure how's the situation in child care and also easier prone to sickness..

rosemummy

Yes. After my past months of worry and heart pain and countless leave taken, I finally settled bb with nanny.
And now I no need to worry about calls from IFC.
But my boy does enjoy his times in IFC and have fun with his babies frens and teachers.
I find it hard to withdraw if not for the too frequent sick. Working mummies really have difficulty taking so many leave especially last min ones!
For playgrp i was thinking to start half a day. Then nanny bring home to rest.

I have registered interest online in myfirstskool.com.
Seems like limited places!
Aiyo so in demand!

Piglim mummy: the weaning talk looks good. Got food tasting. BB will find yummy! hehe

Kibin daddy: u r right. As parents, we must be very conscious of hygiene and take care of our health.
Nowadays I think I am becoming a cleanliness freak...keep wiping my boy's hands (habit from ifc la)
and he always put his hands in his mouth! Urghhh

PigLim,

same sentiments too. Initially thought of sending my son for playgroup when he turns 18mths, but look around child care, they do not have much programme and mainly half day is basic care which i rather trust my nanny as not sure how's the situation in child care and also easier prone to sickness..

KiBin

Yes. After my past months of worry and heart pain and countless leave taken, I finally settled bb with nanny.
And now I no need to worry about calls from IFC.
But my boy does enjoy his times in IFC and have fun with his babies frens and teachers.
I find it hard to withdraw if not for the too frequent sick. Working mummies really have difficulty taking so many leave especially last min ones!
For playgrp i was thinking to start half a day. Then nanny bring home to rest.

I have registered interest online in myfirstskool.com.
Seems like limited places!
Aiyo so in demand!

Piglim mummy: the weaning talk looks good. Got food tasting. BB will find yummy! hehe

Kibin daddy: u r right. As parents, we must be very conscious of hygiene and take care of our health.
Nowadays I think I am becoming a cleanliness freak...keep wiping my boy's hands (habit from ifc la)
and he always put his hands in his mouth! Urghhh
rosemummy, if you always want to clean his hands, you can consider bringing out a small bottle of the hand sanitizer..

not sure if bb can use, but i am sure you can use for yourself when needed.. :)

rosemummy

Yes Kibin daddy, sanitiser always in my bag. I bathed and washed myself clean after work before I pick up baby from nanny!

By the way, how many months can bb try those bb puffs??

rosemummy, if you always want to clean his hands, you can consider bringing out a small bottle of the hand sanitizer..

not sure if bb can use, but i am sure you can use for yourself when needed.. :)

felicity

Hey felicity! Wow ur child's eating alot! Such good appetite! My son is eating bout 200ml of porridge for dinner but in the morning his consumption is only b/w 120-150ml (I am able to measure that cos I m using Philip avent food container as his "bowl"-since he's not consuming much, I prefer to use that instead of a bowl so I can still sterilize his utensils)

Yes i intend to make my own teething biscuit too! Can share the teething biscuit receipe? I hv one though but the content has ground cinnamon (wonder can babies eat that?)

so r u weaning ur child off the breast? How? I think I am gonna hv problem with that.

Since taking solid my son also drinking lesser now..

Oh yeah long wkend ahead!!
hihi~

yup she ate two full bowls of porridge a day! and she always finishes everything clean~ she eats v clean too, not much cleaning up to do except washing the bowl and spoon, so thank goodness! actually i stopped sterilizing everything... only her bottles, my pumps... not the bowls and spoons (so i wonder if i still hv to sterilize bottles and pumps but well, just in case... dun wanna contaminate my milk!) and i rinse her sippy cup once in 2-3 days with boiling hot water from the kettle...

i'm creating my own teething biscuits and so far after 4 tries still not good. my last batch contains apple (steamed and pureed and chilled), plain flour, rice flour and baby cereal... will continue to try after my hse reno is over... now having reno, i've moved back to my parents' place with bb...

i think i'll hv problem weaning off too... -.- she loves latching to slp every night and kept waking up to latch ><

felicity

what sort of bb puff are you talking about? Is it food?
rosemummy, i think on the bb puffs bottles it was stated that bb is ready when crawling or can pick up food and feed ownself and can chew... i think important is bb know how to chew (even if without teeth, just 'gummy chews' =P) cos won't want the bb to choke =)

i do give bb small bits of bananas (instead of mashing) or bread etc... so far she's ok 'chewing' them... but hmmmm... i gave so tiny bits that i guess even if she swallows the whole thing she won't choke, so i won't know ><

Janlove

Hi mummies I'm new to mummysg...my bb edd was sep 2012 but I delivered in aug 2012!! Was wondering if I should join this group or the aug group :)

rosemummy

Hi janlove mummy!
Me too:)
I stick to edd sep grp! Glad u join@

QUOTE=Janlove:780360]Hi mummies I'm new to mummysg...my bb edd was sep 2012 but I delivered in aug 2012!! Was wondering if I should join this group or the aug group :)[/QUOTE]

rosemummy

Oh dear..thanks piglim mummy...my bb actually tkaing happy bellies quite well!
I think I better switch to safer cerelac. My mum been nagging me to try that!

Anyone feeding ur baby with healthy times cereal? As I will be travelling with my son for a short getaway thinking of getting these. Any feedbacks on this cereal? I heard that the happy bellies not very good, reported that the DHA thingy was extracted from algae and some fungus thingy.

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/6866205.html?1363787425

will be bringing those off the shelves puréed fruit too. Any other suggestions?

felicity

Hi, my edd is sep so I've been in this group for since preggy... A few of our babies, including mine, popped in august too. Welcome ^^

Yup I read abt the happy bellies n am anxious to just finish them all.. Haha. Not throwing away though.. I do know many parents feeding their babies only happy bellies and all the babies grown up well. But not taking risks so no more after my current batch, and also my baby prefers rice porridge so just sticking to porridge now. :)