EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

hui_ru_88

I have 4 tins of Nestle Nan HA Stage 2 400g for sale.
Expiry date is 31 May 2014.
PS: You will be getting what you are seeing now
Letting go at $14 per tin OR get all 4 tins at $50.
Self collect at my house- Bt Panjang (Fajar).

I have 8 tins of Friso Gold Stage 2 400g for sale.
Expiry date is 11 Oct 2014.
PS: You will be getting what you are seeing now
Letting go at $14 per tin OR get all 8 tins at $100.
Self collect at my house- Bt Panjang (Fajar).

If you are interested, pls contact me directly @ 8421 5286.

Attachments

reiann

Peipei- what you're feeding your baby doesn't sound enough. Less milk is not much of a problem if you give solids. Fruit and cereal is not enough! You must give proper carbs like rice, potato, sweet potato, lentil, quinoa, millet, etc. so many choices. Then cook with veg or fruits. Sometimes I even give dessert after dinner.

Feeding every two hours is not right, not when baby is almost one year old. The fact that baby doesn't feed for long when you latch every two hours show that. Babies can and should last three to four hours. Wih solids, even longer. You have to persist in lengthening the time between feeds. Try 15 mins then 30 then 45 then 1 hour.

reiann

Pig lim - I cook millet or wild and brown rice or quinoa. Sometimes I mince onion and sautée first then add the grains then add water, cook, then add some chopped organic leafy greens like bak choy etc. will be soft. Sometimes I cook pasta, or roast potato and other vegetable and purée. So many options. I hardly use baby instant cereal now, only sometimes in the morning mixed with organic yogurt.

My baby weight gain is very slow too. It slowed a lot and I was worried but as long as baby is hitting milestones, I shouldn't worry. She's growing but slowly. You shouldn't worry. Your baby will get enough nutrients from your bm at night!

Piglim

Thanks reiann. U really sound like a pro.. Goosh.. My own problem now is how to deal with my son's every 2-3 hours of waking up at night. Other than that, he is ok. Eats full bowl of porridge n love fruits.

i m keen in cooking millets actually heard alot about it. What's e quantity like? (Same like rice?) Can I put into the slow cook or millet cooks fast? Never eaten it myself before. Would it b good to serve as breakfast?

verglas

Hey peipei, actually I think your case better than mine. Sigh.. My son is turning 1 in 3 weeks time. And he is drinking only 250ml in the day (when I am away) he has three meals a day though. Morning is cereal, (1/3 of a bowl) then lunch and dinner is porridge (full bowl-more than what I eat actually haha) but when it comes to night time he drinks 120ml formula then latch on cos my breastmilk is getting lesser also dont know why (ESP when my period is near). Think at night before he sleeps can drink at least 200ml (base on my estimation)

sigh.. I just went to the pediatrician yesterday becos my son (who just started formula) seems to be having constipation. He can dont poo for 2 days then 3rd day poo 5 times. 1st time normal, 2-4 time hard lump of marbles and 5th time watery.. pediatrician commented that my son is small size which worries me alot. I feel very upset because I can't take care of my son full time. My mother in law who is the care giver is hopeless.. She is why my son drinks so little- cos my mother in law doesn't give a fix amount of milk. Now give 50ml, next feed give 80, happy happy give 100ml... Totally no system. Then whenever she feeds she is so impatient, my son sometimes take up 40mins to finish his meal. When he is under my care during wkends he finishes everything. But when it's wkdays my mother in law feeds, she says he only eat few spoons.. It's really upsetting. sigh even my hubby also says he knows bout this cos when he was younger his mum doesn't know how to take care of kids all his siblings r all underweight.

Frustrating right?

anw mummies can I check with you how do you all make your porridge now? Can share the receipe? Cos I dont know if it's the reason of him under eating and not eating nutrientious food.

what I do now is, I put one piece of meal n 6 milk spoons of rice into the slow cooker and cook. Then I will add 2 cubes of meat and 2 cubes of vegetables into the porridge bowl. Is this enuff? The reason why I still use cubes (I freeze some of his food) cos he still can't eat chunkier food, so now still blend his stuff. But this wkend I will try and chop carrots and spinach leaf instead and put into his porridge.
Mummy piglim,
Maybe you can check how your mother in law cook the porridge? I think the consistency of porridge is impt in determining how fast baby eats their meal. My son eats faster when it's done congee style than teowchew porridge style ie porridge cooked longer under lan4lan4. As for meat and veg, go w agaration, there's no right or wrong ;) I give mine about 8-10 stalks of baby spinach or 2-3 big broccoli florets as a serving.

Cooking wise, U can throw in the veg and fish into the slow cooker, they will be cooked until soft n mashy n should be easy to eat already so u dont have to puree.

Porridge recipes- fish and greens, sometimes add pumpkin/carrot/dried scallop to sweeten, cook till congee consistency
potato recipes - potato and greens and protein, steam n puree

PeiPei A

Oh this is bad... FTM and baby is still quite chubby and never cried for food so I din realise. :(

Mummies, please share what u feed ur baby? How many times and quality?

Peipei- what you're feeding your baby doesn't sound enough. Less milk is not much of a problem if you give solids. Fruit and cereal is not enough! You must give proper carbs like rice, potato, sweet potato, lentil, quinoa, millet, etc. so many choices. Then cook with veg or fruits. Sometimes I even give dessert after dinner.

Feeding every two hours is not right, not when baby is almost one year old. The fact that baby doesn't feed for long when you latch every two hours show that. Babies can and should last three to four hours. Wih solids, even longer. You have to persist in lengthening the time between feeds. Try 15 mins then 30 then 45 then 1 hour.

reiann

piglim - sorry haven't replied.

for millet - no need rice cooker, though youc an use it of course. I just use a normal sauce pan/pot. saute some mince onion in olive oil gently for 5 mins until soft, add 1/2 (rice) cup of millet grain, to 'toast' millet grain very lightly, then add 1 full cup water. I usually add a little more water, so maybe 1 1/4 cup water. bring to boil, then cover and simmer. about 20 mins later, add finely chopped greens like bak choy or baby spinach or whatever greens you feed baby. serve!

I sometimes add chopped tomatoes. sometimes I add it with the onions, sometimes later. greens I add towards the end, about 2 minutes to lightly cook it, then stir and serve.

so if youer' cooking 1/2 cup of millet, I'd use a small onion, and 1 1/4 cup water, a handful of spinach or greens, maybe add a tomato or two. this is enoughf or two meals, i.e. dinner tonight for baby and keep the rest for lunch the next day. I find millet does not keep that well - for next day meals, might have to add a bit of water to soften it.

pei pei - I feed milk 4 times a day (either latch on directly or expressed breast milk - if latter, about 5oz per feed). then solids of three meals - breakfast of cooked oats and fruits, or infant cereal with yoghurt and fruits, lunch and dinner of either millet, wild rice, sweet potato, roast potato, etc. I don't feed much meat - I have only given fish to baby so far. she eats quite a lot of solids - a good full cup. breakfast is about 1/2 to 3/4 cup (not rice cup but measuring cup type). sometimes after dinner I even give her some fruit as dessert hehe. and in mid afternoon some snacks if she wants.

but mind you, all babies are different. even with this amoutn of food, my baby is on the lean and small side!

amyng76

anyone interesting in attending a talk on "how to integrate music into their daily teaching and how to use fun activities and music & movement to stimulate their kids’ development"

Talk is conduct by Mrs Carmee Lim who was the ex-principal of Raffles' Girls School

I have some tickets to give away for this talk at Rise and Shine Expo that is happening this Sept from 27th - 29th at Suntec Convention.

If interested, please email me at amyng76@outlook.com

felicity

Hi everyone! How has the month been with all the babies' birthdays lining up?! :D

I stay w my mil n she helped me w baby when I'm at work. I'm thankful that she's good at it. And she taught me how to cook the porridge so we cook porridge of same consistency and baby always eat one full rice bowl for lunch or dinner and wipe everything clean in ten minutes flat!

Mil typically chops combo of any two of these: potatoes, pumpkin, carrot... And add to her porridge which is 2/3 white rice and 1/3 brown rice. When I cook (when mil not home) I may also add chopped tomato and may even add all four ingredients at a go! Haha..

We use the slow cooker and cook lunch and dinner together. Sometimes I even cook more and eat w her! Like in the piccy, but I added olive veg to my portion! :D

Baby doesn't drink much milk in the day, but nurses to sleep so currently also having major headache on weaning, esp she's pass one and I'm working. I just need her to sleep on her own now to preserve my sanity... N not keeps waking up for bm or comfort latching. Tried last night n failed cos she can wail miserably for a good thirty minutes and I relented. Better luck for me next time!

Attachments

Last edited:

meltie

Hi Mummies! Wow u guys actually still active here. I've come to post and ask if you have any experienced and good CL to recommend. Mine last time was super cannot make it. My EDD is 15th May next yr and will need soneone who can help me juggle my newborn while i juggle with Charlotte. I did not manage to eat any tonic last time thanks to the fried egg n long heans my terrible CL cooked for me.. :( This time i need to recuperate well to have energy for 2 kids! Thanks in advance for your recommendations!
I really have tough luck w CLs.. so far called 5-6 of them, all fully engaged.. :( I need personal recomendations and not those that accept jobs n send replacements one.. had 2 stand-ins and had enough.. :(

meltie

meltie, u still living wif ur mil ?? hw abt asking her to help u out instead ?!
Purpur! I just saw ur reply! Ya still staying w mil n she does nothing to help at all... suffering bad morning sickness and managing a toddler.. she doesn't make or buylunch for me.. i either dun eat or i have to cook.. zz sucks la.. But i'm looking fwd to shiftibmbg to my own place in jan-feb!!

bookworm mom

Hi melti
wow congrats on yr 2nd preg! Is it diff experience so far frm yr 1st? I am new in this forum n just tot of finding play dates for my son who is getting more active these days haha. Btw why nt try PEM as my friend who just delivered her no.2 tried their svc and found a gd one. Hmm.. Din know next yr also a hot yr n I tot dragon yr v hard to get CL only!

piano

barbie.jpglogo fb 2.jpg
Hi..

We are selling goodie bag. Please check us at our Facebook party goodie bag https://facebook.com/PARTYGOODIEBAG and All items displayed are in stock. Free personalised tag if you order before Mar 2014 (include message and your baby's name). We will be glad to help you to celebrate your kids party. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Anddd.. Enjoy motherhood!

dusty

Hi all, does anyone of u encounter tooth decaying in your toddler? my daughter is 23 months now and i noticed that there are brown stains at the back of teeth. i do brushing for her every night... but still... maybe cause of breastfeeding at night? and any recommendations of dentist for her age?

sapphire

Hi all, does anyone of you encounter tooth decaying in your toddler? my daughter is 23 months now and i noticed that there are brown stains at the back of teeth. i do brushing for her every night... but still... maybe cause of breastfeeding at night? and any recommendations of dentist for her age?
Hi dear, you can bring her to Kids Dental World, at Mt. Elizabeth Novena Hospital. The dentist, Dr. Ong is very good with children, and a very compassionate lady, and the clinic is very kids-oriented. Can also use Baby Bonus card at her clinic. Their contact details are as follows:

Kids Dental World
Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital
38 Irrawaddy Road, #08-33
Singapore 329563 Main +65 6684 3113
Emergency +65 8218 3777
Email us at smile@kidsdentalworld.com.sg

Piglim

Hi dusty,

You may want to make an appointment at this place instead:
Oral Health Care Services for Primary School

its only $9 n they specialize for infant n kids. Its government one but the dentists r cery patient n professional with kids. somemore got stickers.. But be prepared that appointment arrangement will take longer.

At least u brush ur kids teeth every night! My son hv to be dragged n be held tightly before he "allows"me to brush his! N I m not diligent in doing it everyday! ;((
also gonna make appt to visit e dentist soon.

Anw hope this help!