EDD (September 2009)

SexyFlor

The best method is to religiously pump. Pump every 3hrs for a start.

However if you are really desperate to get more milk. you can try to get fenugreek. Its a herbal spice. Its supposed not to have any side-effects. You can buy fenugreek from any GNC store. Its about $18 for 100pcs pills.

Are you latching your baby currently?
my baby doesnt latch on as there isnt much milk for him to suck.. there are a few drops from each side if he sucks hard on it..
Guess my breast milk is drying up...
I jus brought a bottle of DHA fish oil from nature farm which the salesperson told me that this can help increasing milk.. ($60 for 120 capsules)

eileenpxp

my baby doesnt latch on as there isnt much milk for him to suck.. there are a few drops from each side if he sucks hard on it..
I just brought a bottle of DHA fish oil from nature farm which the salesperson told me that this can help increasing milk.. ($60 for 120 capsules)
sigh.....i also have a problem with not having sufficient milk supply...when did u deliver ur baby? my EDD is on 6th sept but i delivered on 21st aug :)
when I pump: milk flow slow if i do on a 3 hour basis...milk supply really comes in on a 4 hourly basis.....(i get 60 ml to 80 ml)

my baby latches....as long as i m at home: i let him latch as often as possible sometimes 1 hour interval.

But bcos I kiasu, i gave him mixed feeding....soy milk 2 times during day time....(he is allergic to cow's milk)...

at night: i will latch him also but depends...as its tiring..sometimes i let him latch for half an hour and will feed him soy milk when he is still not satisfied...
Normally i will need to give at least 1 time soy milk (between 12 midnight to 7am)...sigh

mixed feeding gives you convenience: but its kinda confusing as its hard to really tell when baby is really hungry...as the types of feeding ``overlaps'' --> resulting in overfeeding and baby sometimes vomits milk...

this is my 2nd baby. The previous 1 who is now going to b 2 years old did not feed much on breast milk (my supply was even lesser last time and
I didnt simulate much cos baby refused to latch, so my gal only get to drink little breastmilk for 5 months).

I must say Bf is really NOT EASY and it takes perseverance esp for those like myself whose milk supply takes a lots of stimulation to get this amt of milk!
Some ppl like my mum get ample supply after child's birth and she fully bf me by latching rite from start...very envious of her indeed.

I m still trying my very best to latch him frequently whenever possible and pumping when I m out...
DO NOT give up but pls do not b depressed when supply is low.....:we2Randy-git:

Last edited:

pigletif

Ya, don be depressed of the low supply. Me too have low supply and bb drink every 2hr.
He already upgraded to 150ML now. So when i feel my breast is soft, i will give bb FM.
Most of the time i will pump out and bottle feed my bb. Unless bb is already crying for milk or at night, than i latch him on.

newbie2009

I just brought a bottle of DHA fish oil from nature farm which the salesperson told me that this can help increasing milk.. ($60 for 120 capsules)
try not to give up. U should still try to latch the baby often and continue with the regiment of 2-3hrs pumping. Always rem that breast milk is a demand and supply thing. When u create the demand, the supply will eventually come. Just perserve.

SexyFlor

My bb was born on 3 sept..
Somehow i feel bad for my baby boy as he dun hv breastmilk to drink ..
Initial 3 wks, i can bf my boy in the nite only when he weans for milk..
now i pity my boy when he crys for milk when its not time for milk...
Baby doc says FM 120ml for every 3 hrs. Is it a long wait for him? heart pain.

tika

anyone done pap smear before? how is it done? painful? i havent done it and think i shd soon. but as usual... scared very pain.

Tricia

anyone done pap smear before? how is it done? painful? i havent done it and think i should soon. but as usual... scared very pain.

Did mine on Thursday. Not pain, maybe abit uncomfortable but my gynae talk to me to distract me so dont feel pain..

Tricia

My son just came back from KKH. He went thru a operation for his Hernia last nite.
Hmm.. thou letting him come out after 37weeks should be ok but still he has to go thru the same thing his 2nd brother went thru. But earlier than his brother.

Operation went well and he is okie.:tlaugh:

My baby was born on 3 sept..
Somehow i feel bad for my baby boy as he dont have breastmilk to drink ..
Baby doc says FM 120ml for every 3 hours. Is it a long wait for him? heart pain.
Hello, I got the same problem as u, sexyflor. My baby greet the world on the 8th of sept. My milk flow was v low,my heartach when she scream for more milk. 120ml every 3hrs is norm, my girl too, every 3hr feed.

pigletif

My baby was born on 3 sept..
Somehow i feel bad for my baby boy as he dont have breastmilk to drink ..
Baby doc says FM 120ml for every 3 hours. Is it a long wait for him? heart pain.
mine is 150ml every 2 HR !!!
but when i bf him, i just let him suck until he don wan.
just feed whenever ur bb weans for milk.

pigletif

My son just came back from Kandang Kerbau Hospital. He went thru a operation for his Hernia last nite.
Hmm.. thou letting him come out after 37weeks should be ok but still he has to go thru the same thing his 2nd brother went thru. But earlier than his brother.

Operation went well and he is okie.:tlaugh:
glad to hear that the operation went well... but what is hernia huh? what kind of operation is that?

newbie2009

Hello, I got the same problem as you, sexyflor. My baby greet the world on the 8th of sept. My milk flow was very low,my heartach when she scream for more milk. 120ml every 3hrs is norm, my girl too, every 3hr feed.
you are not intending to breastfeed your kid any more? How big was your baby when she came out?

eileenpxp

Breastfeeding really Tuff.....aiyo..last nite i latched my boy for 1 hour(he was sucking slowly as he is sleepy....and mabbe my flow is slow as well...)...after that i could not tahan and gave him soy milk eventually...!!!
i couldnt bear to latch him whole day for fear he doesnt have enuff breastmilk....

really frustrating.....my milk flow is still slow...doesnt really pump out enuff every 3 hours...

then i read some mummies can get more than 200 ml in 3 hours time..oh my god!!!

my boy already going to be 2 months old...feel like giving up..bought fernugreek last sat..tried eating...such big pills and have to take so many in a day (GNC ppl said b/w 4 to 12 pills)...swallowing makes me wanna puke...if this still doesnt work...i plan to bf only 6 months....

my boy is 3.63 kg at birth, allergic to cow's milk....and as a result i need to avoid all dairy products....! can you imagine: i cant eat cakes/ ice-cream/ biscuits/ cannot add milk into beverages even...

:eek:

Jerlene

Hello, I got the same problem as you, sexyflor. My baby greet the world on the 8th of sept. My milk flow was very low,my heartach when she scream for more milk. 120ml every 3hrs is norm, my girl too, every 3hr feed.

Hi.. my baby gal born on 8 Sept too.. However i dun have much milk. Mostly on FM. But she drinking only 100ml every 3 hr. Is it too little???

SexyFlor

Hi.. my baby gal born on 8 Sept too.. However i dont have much milk. Mostly on FM. But she drinking only 100ml every 3 hr. Is it too little???
my baby doc says on average baby shd drink ard 100 - 120ml fir every 3 hrs.. dun worry she is doing well..

initially my baby boy is drnking well for 150ml for every 2 hrs.. but i realise tat he is puking milk then.. so gt to reduce to 120ml for every 3 hrs...

Jerlene

my baby doc says on average baby should drink around 100 - 120ml fir every 3 hours.. dont worry she is doing well..

initially my baby boy is drnking well for 150ml for every 2 hours.. but i realise that he is puking milk then.. so gt to reduce to 120ml for every 3 hours...
So are u still on BF?? or u stop giving?? At first i actually increase to 120ml. However she cannot finz the milk.So i think is abit too much...

I slowly increase milk intake for my girl. I let her have milk only when she cry for it. I asked the nurse in polyclinic n shesaid that infant intake is 90ml to 120ml. Don force them if they can't finish their feed.

SexyFlor

So are you still on BF?? or you stop giving?? At first i actually increase to 120ml. However she cannot finz the milk.So i think is abit too much...
im not on BF anymore, now on total Formula milk.. as my breasts are not producing any milk even if i take supplement.. sob sob..I hv to squeeze hard on my breasts to extract those few drops of milk..

take it slow ... some baby dun drink tat much... i think the reason is being a gal.. mine is a boy. therefore, his intake is more.. haha..

Last edited:

eileenpxp

im not on BF anymore, now on total Formula milk.. as my breasts are not producing any milk even if i take supplement.. sob sob..I have to squeeze hard on my breasts to extract those few drops of milk..
as long as baby growing well...its okay..i know of some pple getting postnatal blues becos of not getting enuff supply...:)

:Dancing_wub:

babymiki2003

my boy had colic last 2 weeks and was in a freaking bad mood, kept crying and screaming... not drinking much too. almost broke down myself as well...

now he's getting better...he's only drinking 50 - 60 ml every 2-3 hours...