EDD (September 2009)

newbie2009

Same here. My gal likes to carry uprite.. her head and neck quite strong. I tried to put her on her tummy and she can actually support her head. But not long.
Wow your baby can support her head while on her tummy. That is really strong. My baby has yet to reach that standard. haha

newbie2009

Tried to place him on his tummy, he just lift his head up, flexed his legs, moan then cry...How do you girls do it?
Carry in your arms till baby fall asleep then put baby on his belly?
I bunk baby with hubby & me the last couple nights and he went without feeding for 4hrs. A blessing in a way, but do you girls know if that will affect the milk supply? Baby feeds 2 to 3hrs in the day from 6/7am to 1am though.

Btw, I am on total bf too..No constipation prob. I think if your baby poos 4 or 5 times a day, yellow mustardy like, grainy, you should be fine. Mine poos more than that. Almost during or after every feed.
Apparently my baby absorbs all the milk, he hardly poos, there could b times when he does not poo for about 5-7days.

How are you coping with the baby. I think I am not doing too good. Cannot stand the sound of crying. Feeling like a cow now.
newbie2009, if ur boy boy cry, jus tell him gently that 'Mummy is here, don be afraid.' and give him a kiss on his cheek. den carry him and tell him that u going to give him a big hug. hug him close at ur left side.
babies loves to listen to mummy's heartbeat.

newbie2009

newbie2009, if your boy boy cry, just tell him gently that 'Mummy is here, dont be afraid.' and give him a kiss on his cheek. then carry him and tell him that you going to give him a big hug. hug him close at your left side.
babies loves to listen to mummy's heartbeat.
I did try that. It works for awhile, then after that will still fuss. Either bcoz he want to sleep, but cannot sleep. Else will be need to burp. Either way, he will cry for quite a while. Wondering if its possible that my baby is mildly colic.

Tricia

Pigletif, but your baby does zz right after feeding in the day right? Mine is like once in a blue moon like today...*fingers crossed* I can be like carrying & rocking him for like 6 hours..feed carry feed carry till I am expert at carrying him in one arm and doing other things with the other. :S
How you coax him to sleep at night then?
Any tips?

Keep the baby awake more in day time then at nite they will sleep..

SexyFlor

My girl too, prefered to carried uprite. She allow only lying down when feeding time.
same here... my bb oso like to be carried uprite. likes to sit up and see the surrounding... he can also seems like able to stand up for a 5-10 seconds..
His neck oso gt strength to bring his head up..

I did try that. It works for awhile, then after that will still fuss. Either bcoz he want to sleep, but cannot sleep. Else will be need to burp. Either way, he will cry for quite a while. Wondering if its possible that my baby is mildly colic.
Sometime 'change' hand will do good. My girl fuss too much, my mil will carry her n she okay. U tried it?

angela22

Mine too.. Baby head and neck very strong.. Just turn one month today.. and he like to wrestle alot.. Cannot keep still.. Especially his neck.. Like to tilt his neck and look behind.. Dont know looking at what.. I olso realise he likes to be carry upright.. and when place his head towards my chest he is more relaxed.. :)

pigletif

Pigletif, but your baby does zz right after feeding in the day right? Mine is like once in a blue moon like today...*fingers crossed* I can be like carrying & rocking him for like 6 hours..feed carry feed carry till I am expert at carrying him in one arm and doing other things with the other. :S
How you coax him to sleep at night then?
Any tips?
ya. he does zz when BF but will wake up when i tried to move him back to bed. haa. sometimes hv to give pacifier to make him sleep too..

bb have problem sleeping at nite.. after 10pm, his eyes is damn big and wide awake playing by himself...

mostly me and my mum will give him pacifier and rock him to sleep...

pigletif

i think is the food we eat nowadays that makes our bb advanced so so much than during our mother time. . .

is a newborn but don look like newborn ...

mine is fat like a pig now ..

newbie2009

Mine too.. Baby head and neck very strong.. Just turn one month today.. and he like to wrestle alot.. Cannot keep still.. Especially his neck.. Like to tilt his neck and look behind.. Dont know looking at what.. I olso realise he likes to be carry upright.. and when place his head towards my chest he is more relaxed.. :)
If I am not wrong, they find it more comforting and assuring when they are "binded" up. So when they put their chest again the bed or todards the mum, they feel more assured.

I am think every1 is concern that our baby is spending too much time upright. Might not be good for neck and spine. What to do? Our baby prefers to stay upright ma...not our fault rite?

newbie2009

Newbie 2009 mummy, are you on total breast milk?
My baby also poo only every 2-3 days but she is only partial breast milk and a few times FM....
yes, my baby is on total breast milk. I did not suppliment the baby with any formula milk. Can b alittle tiring at times coz he might want to feed every hr. else it is quite fine to breastfeed him.

The record that my baby can go w/o any poo is 8-9 days.

Stan

yes, my baby is on total breast milk. I did not suppliment the baby with any formula milk. Can b alittle tiring at times coz he might want to feed every hr. else it is quite fine to breastfeed him.

The record that my baby can go w/o any poo is 8-9 days.
8-9days! U must be stressed out abt it!
went to c doc, doc says can add a little bit of water to my FM
my baby usually poo 2 days, everytime my in laws see me will ask: she got poo today? i think my face look like poo face liao.........sian ah......

esthergal

Hey girls,
Who are still on total breastfeeding now?
Does your baby zzz straight after feeding?
I am having difficulty coping with highly alert baby.. yawnz
Hihi,

I'm on 80% breastfeeding now...

My baby does zzz after feeding, but i think not deep slepp coz once i put him on bed or bouncer, he will wake up sometimes will cry also...

My baby is also very alert, a little bit of sound will wake him up, are most babies like this nowadays? or is it a hereditary kind of thing? coz I'm also very alert while sleeping, ooopssss....

newbie2009

8-9days! you must be stressed out about it!
went to c doc, doc says can add a little bit of water to my FM
my baby usually poo 2 days, everytime my in laws see me will ask: she got poo today? i think my face look like poo face .........sian ......
yes its quite stressful. well the doc says mayb my day is absorbing all the nutrients from the milk, hence not so much output.

ya i keep getting that sort of question too. As though by asking me if baby poo, that the baby will poo?????