EDD (September 2009)

Jerlene

my baby is starting to sleep less in the day. Sometimes in the whole day, he only sleep about 1.1/2hrs. However at night he manage to sleep continously for about 6hrs. Any sept mums experiencing this?
Yeah my baby has already sleep less since 2 weeks ago. she is more awake now. and started to mumble something.. she wants to tok to pple and get attention. During nite time, she will slp thru the nite and dun wake up for milk. So i believe most mummy shld start to experience that too.

Yeah my baby has already sleep less since 2 weeks ago. she is more awake now. and started to mumble something.. she wants to tok to pple and get attention. During nite time, she will sleep thru the nite and dont wake up for milk. So i believe most mummy shld start to experience that too.

Lucky you. Your baby sleeps thru the night. My baby wakes up every 2 or 3hrs for milk at night, then day time day hardly sleeps. Not sure if it's because I am on total BF. Bb likes to grab my shirt and says ah gie gie.. =)

newbie2009

Lucky you. Your baby sleeps thru the night. My baby wakes up every 2 or 3hrs for milk at night, then day time day hardly sleeps. Not sure if it's because I am on total BF. baby likes to grab my shirt and says gie gie.. =)
how old is your baby now? mine started to sleep less during the day and alot more in the night. Currently is only waking up one in the night to beastfeed him.

my baby also starting to mumble. like as though he understand us. So cute and lovely.

Stan

how old is your baby now? mine started to sleep less during the day and alot more in the night. Currently is only waking up one in the night to beastfeed him.

my baby also starting to mumble. like as though he understand us. So cute and lovely.
My baby is refusing to sleep at night!!! She was wide awake from 4am to 7am, eyes big big look at me.... now my eyes small small....

Bb is 7wks now =) Your bb is 8wks old ya?
He slept for about 4 or 5hrs the past 2 nights. Not sure if he is more comfy in grandma's room. Happy cus I had more rest, worried cus I am feeding on demand. I worry that supply will drop since no output for so long.
Have you gone without nursing for such a long period of time? Does that affect our supply? Have you tried expressing? How much can you express in any period of time?

newbie2009

baby is 7wks now =) Your baby is 8wks old ya?
He slept for about 4 or 5hrs the past 2 nights. Not sure if he is more comfy in grandma's room. Happy cus I had more rest, worried cus I am feeding on demand. I worry that supply will drop since no output for so long.
Have you gone without nursing for such a long period of time? Does that affect our supply? Have you tried expressing? How much can you express in any period of time?
I am also fully breastfeeding my baby. Though there will be times when I am lazy, then I will give him experssed milk.

Yes I do go for long period of time w/o pumping / latching (sometimes as long as 6-8hrs)

How much u expressing currently?

I am also fully breastfeeding my baby. Though there will be times when I am lazy, then I will give him experssed milk.

Yes I do go for long period of time w/o pumping / latching (sometimes as long as 6-8hrs)

How much you expressing currently?
Woah! 6-8hrs?! Thought supposed to latch/express every 2-3hrs to maintain supply?
I will ask mum to give bb expressed milk maybe once or twice a day. N when he's feeding, I'll pump. My milk supply v odd..maybe range 80 to 140ml, depending on feeding interval & pumping time.
U?

newbie2009

Woah! 6-8hrs?! Thought supposed to latch/express every 2-3hrs to maintain supply?
I will ask mum to give baby expressed milk maybe once or twice a day. N when he's feeding, I'll pump. My milk supply very odd..maybe range 80 to 140ml, depending on feeding interval & pumping time.
you?
My milk supply is also around this range too. If i do not feed for 2-3hrs, I can achieve about 140-160ml.

Yes technically speaking, we are supposed to express or latch once every 2-3hrs, but there will be times when I so tired that I will break for 6hrs.

My milk supply is also around this range too. If i do not feed for 2-3hrs, I can achieve about 140-160ml.

Yes technically speaking, we are supposed to express or latch once every 2-3hrs, but there will be times when I so tired that I will break for 6hrs.
160ml wow!
U have alot of milk =) I'll prolly only 100ml after a 2hr interval
Would you mind sharing the make & model of your breast pump?

pigletif

My baby is refusing to sleep at night!!! She was wide awake from 4am to 7am, eyes big big look at me.... now my eyes small small....
wah . . my bb also refuse to sleep at nite. but the most he will distrub me from 12-3am. He seems very very frustrated at this timing.
but since last week, he will sleep straight for 4-5hrs without waking up for milk. during day time he still sleep alot so maybe that's the reason his eyes big big in the nite..

newbie2009

160ml wow!
you have alot of milk =) I'll prolly only 100ml after a 2hr interval
Would you mind sharing the make & model of your breast pump?
I am using Avent Electric Pump.

Frankly my milk supply is also not very constant. I am only achieve this amount if I do not feed for about 2-3hrs. And that is from both side of the breast. Do not get it wrong that I am getting 160ml from only 1 breast *blush*

I am using Avent Electric Pump.

Frankly my milk supply is also not very constant. I am only achieve this amount if I do not feed for about 2-3hrs. And that is from both side of the breast. Do not get it wrong that I am getting 160ml from only 1 breast *blush*
Thats still alot! =) I am using the manual pump.
How much expressed milk do you feed your baby each time?
How often does he feed per day? Mine is going at ard 8 or 9 times a day

newbie2009

Thats still alot! =) I am using the manual pump.
How much expressed milk do you feed your baby each time?
How often does he feed per day? Mine is going at around 8 or 9 times a day
What brand of pump u using?

Frankly I also never go and calculate how many times i feed him a day. I just know that at night, he can sleep for 6 days with 1 feed (100ml). Then in the day, its feeding every 2hrs or so.

Most of the time I am latching him on. However if I do bottle feed him. I will feed him 100ml. How old is your baby now?

newbie2009

wah . . my baby also refuse to sleep at nite. but the most he will distrub me from 12-3am. He seems very very frustrated at this timing.
but since last week, he will sleep straight for 4-5hrs without waking up for milk. during day time he still sleep alot so maybe that's the reason his eyes big big in the nite..
how much are you feeding to your baby?

My baby is sleeping very little in the day, maybe that is why he can sleep longer in the night.

What brand of pump you using?

Frankly I also never go and calculate how many times i feed him a day. I just know that at night, he can sleep for 6 days with 1 feed (100ml). Then in the day, its feeding every 2hrs or so.

Most of the time I am latching him on. However if I do bottle feed him. I will feed him 100ml. How old is your baby now?
Philips Avent Manual pump =)
I have this breast shells which my husband bought for me earlier when my nipples were super sore. Now I use them to contain milk from one breast while I pump on the other as the unpumped breast will leak when there is a letdown. Im now considering to buy another pump because I realised that the letdown is faster when baby is sucking on one breast while I pump on the other, meaning letdown is faster when both breasts are stimulated at the same time =)
Baby was born on the 14th. So now 7 coming 8 weeks old

newbie2009

I have this breast shells which my husband bought for me earlier when my nipples were super sore. Now I use them to contain milk from one breast while I pump on the other as the unpumped breast will leak when there is a letdown. Im now considering to buy another pump because I realised that the letdown is faster when baby is sucking on one breast while I pump on the other, meaning letdown is faster when both breasts are stimulated at the same time =)
If you want to save some $, you can consider to "upgrade" to the electronics Avent pump.

You can go to the Philips Service Centre

You can buy the Motor Pump, and the adapter, should be around $100 for these two items.

620 A, Lorong 1, Toa Payoh, TP4 Building, Level 1, Singapore 319762
Ph : 6882 3999 ; Fax : 6250 8037
How much are you pumping currently? Yes, you will be able to achieve faster letdown when you latch the baby and pump at the same time.

Stan

wah . . my baby also refuse to sleep at nite. but the most he will distrub me from 12-3am. He seems very very frustrated at this timing.
My baby seems frustrated too! Her hands are moving and legs kicking everywhere... last night she woke up at 11pm for feed and refused to sleep till 4am!!... yup, she sleeps a lot in the day... sigh.. not sure how to change her day and night ah....

Tricia

Hi cyanidebaby

not sure are you interested in my medela (Swing) electric pump.
I have stop bf and will not have any more baby so thinking to sell away the pump.
You can try it and see whether you like and suitable or not..
Want to let go at $100.