EDD (September 2009)

angela22

How many Sept mum has send your baby for immunization? Sent my baby on the 6th Nov for jab. Ended up having slight fever for 2 days. sigh.

Btw how tall and heavy are your babies? My baby weight has reached the 97%, while his height is among the 90%.
SO fast jab already? Mine is scheduled on the 23rd dec 09 which is 3mths old..

I brg my son for hepb 2nd jab last fri.. He is 7weeks old now his weight is 5.6kg and height is 60cm..

newbie2009

Which jab did you send your baby for?
Your baby should be 2mths old now? Abit early for the DPT jab that causes slight fever.
So what's your son's current height & weight? Are you looking at the health booklet chart for the percentage? I feel it's not that accurate for the 1st few mths, the curves are too close to one another. But, 90% over, that just shows your baby has enuff to eat and growing well. Must be a tall macho hunk in the future =)
I sent my son for the 5-in-1 jab including the Pneumococcal jab and the Rotavirus oral vaccination.

Yes my baby is 2 months old. When I did the jab for my son, he was 3 days short of 2months old. Then he was already 6.07kg, 60cm long and 40cm bi on the head circumference.

newbie2009

I thought the jab should be done when is 3 mths old. How come 2 mths need to take jab???
i did not go to the polyclinc for jab. If i am not wrong, polyclinic start their first jab when your baby is one month old. My baby only has his first jab when he is 2 months old

pigletif

I sent my son for the 5-in-1 jab including the Pneumococcal jab and the Rotavirus oral vaccination.

Yes my baby is 2 months old. When I did the jab for my son, he was 3 days short of 2months old. Then he was already 6.07kg, 60cm long and 40cm bi on the head circumference.
how much is the pneumococcal jab? can pay through mediasave is it?

Where you stay? Wow.. BF in public.. Heehee..
then when rch home, baby will get cranky mah??

I brought my son out to vivo one sat around 6pm then back hm before 9pm but the nx day he dont want to sleep abit cranky.. then last sat i bring him out in the daytime, come back home olso cranky..

BUt i bring him out for few times . Havent 1 month already bring him to my checkup and to ntuc.. hehe.. then baby actual 1 month brg him go pray pray and give cakes to some elderly relatives..

Just that the recent 2 times get cranky lei..Hais..

then my mum say baby too small cannot keep brg out ..
I stay Bedok, so actually Tampines or airport not much diff. =)
Baby wasnt any crankier than usual when we bring him out. I think ur baby was just tired/over-stimulated. My baby gets real cranky when he is tired. I guess in a way ur mum is right, we shouldnt really bring our babies to crowded places cus their immunity system not quite developed yet. Just taking our chances ba. Maybe go shopping late morning/early afternoon in the weekdays? less ppl, less traffic, more parking space, fresher foods..

Did you manage to get the electric pump from Avent customer service office?
nah, havent gone out that way recently. Plus I am not exactly thinking of upgrading my pump, but rather buy another pump. Still not sure if I should buy a single or double. Is it cheaper to get pumps at the service centre? Or should I wait for some mall to give 20% off before I go buy..mm...

err.. when did you do the 2nd HepB jab then? or u did all in the same day? wow...

angela22

I stay Bedok, so actually Tampines or airport not much diff. =)
Baby wasnt any crankier than usual when we bring him out. I think your baby was just tired/over-stimulated. My baby gets real cranky when he is tired. I guess in a way your mum is right, we shouldnt really bring our babies to crowded places cus their immunity system not quite developed yet. Just taking our chances . Maybe go shopping late morning/early afternoon in the weekdays? less ppl, less traffic, more parking space, fresher foods..
hee.. yaya.. tamp and changi nt much different.. LOL..
but then bring bb out hor.. he slping all the way lei.. mine too.. always get get cranky when wan to slp but hor everytime he wan to slp but just 不甘心 slp den keep making noise..
ya.. tats what my mum say.. wan go out can but come back before nite time..

newbie2009

nah, havent gone out that way recently. Plus I am not exactly thinking of upgrading my pump, but rather buy another pump. Still not sure if I should buy a single or double. Is it cheaper to get pumps at the service centre? Or should I wait for some mall to give 20% off before I go buy..mm...
If you buy a double pump, it will cost you around $800+. Previously at the Philip Carnival Sale, they are selling around $600+.

In my view, if you upgrade (buy buying the motor and the adapter, it might be cheaper). Since you already have the furnel, and all the other accessories.

If I am not wrong a single pump will cost around $200+. Should be close to $300.

Imac

is there any particular reason why will need to shave the baby's head on the 4th month?
hi pigletif / stan & newbie,

busy now as looking after bb by myself as well as have to cook own meals.

i let bb sleep on e 'chair' only after feeding / burping as he tends to spit milk due to wind in e stomach..thereafter i'll transfer him to either cot or sofa to sleep on his pillow (so as to round his head).

now he's just over 6weeks-old n taking 125ml (breastmilk only) at intervals of 2hrs most of e time..for night time, now he stretches to 4hrs or so..only feed him if he awakes. i suppose this is so, isn't it?

wonder if to increase e milk as sometimes e breastmilk does not seem to be concentrated enough for his fullness. once i'm tired, e milk quality will not be that good.

i kept e an interval of pumping e milk at 2-3hrly till these few days (as simply too tired to do all things by myself in e daytime). for night, i pump only when i can't endure e engorgement so as to get as much sleep as i can.

for day, it's ~ 2-3hrly. to maintain e milk supply, i'm told not to suddenly change. stretch slowly n e it'll maintain. hope the info helps. mainly is not to be overly-tired (or lack of water, 3litres) so as not to affect e milk supply.

Imac

I did all the jab in 1 day. Kandang Kerbau Hospital package is only to go for 4 jabs in total. I think polyclinic need to go for 6 different jab.

My next jab will be in Jan 2010.
hi, after e 2nd dose of Hep B, e PD said to take rotovirus in e 2nd mth while 5-in-1 to start on 3rd mth. he has a plan on when we should go about it but i forgot e details.

1) so is it alright to take rotovirus n pneumoccol in e same month (it's e 2nd mth for my bb) as be taking e 1st dose of 5-in-1 on 3rd mth?

2) my fren said that a polyclinic told her that e neumoccol vaccine will only arrive in dec (after e mandatory announcement). so it's actually available now??

3) am i rite that pneumoccol is avail at polyclinic but not rotovirus? if so, hv to go to PD for rotovirus. anyone knows how much is rotovirus jab?

Imac

hi, if u go to avent / philips showroom, it's at retail price except during carnival sales or via staff discount.

take a look out at e retail yr-end promo.

single electronic pump is 299 retail n during e recent carnival sale was at 190. twin is 855 retail n was 600 during e sale.

i got myself a manual pump as did not know if be sure to have breastmilk. was tiring indeed n thus borrow medela's mini elect pump fm colleague.

newbie2009

To all the sept mummy, how much are u feeding your baby currently? My baby is feeding about 100ml every 2hr. However he is already weighing 6.3kg. How about the rest of your babies? *worried*

I did all the jab in 1 day. Kandang Kerbau Hospital package is only to go for 4 jabs in total. I think polyclinic need to go for 6 different jab.

My next jab will be in Jan 2010.
I guess u did the 6-1 jab then. It combines the HepB jab with the DPT (5-1) jab. =)
I prefer to seperate the jabs anyway. Feel it's easier on the baby's body to accomodate. But it's definitely more convenient with lesser jabs =)

If you buy a double pump, it will cost you around $800+. Previously at the Philip Carnival Sale, they are selling around $600+.

In my view, if you upgrade (buy buying the motor and the adapter, it might be cheaper). Since you already have the furnel, and all the other accessories.

If I am not wrong a single pump will cost around $200+. Should be close to $300.
I only have 1 funnel though. Is it cheaper to buy everything seperately? Funnel, adapter, motor...kekeke