EDD (September 2009)

joopjoop

Any mum experience with their baby's poo is green? *worried*
when my baby was less than a month old, his poo is green, now his poo is yellow.

You may want to call and check with your pd if you are worried. cos last time when i ask my pd, he said as long as the poo is not red or black should be ok.

SexyFlor

When you planning on starting work? Yes indeed times seems to zip by so quickly. We are always trying to find time between feeds to do our personal stuff.

Jia you .
Im already back to work. I used up my 3 mths maternity leave.. I intend to take my remaining one mth leave staggered..

Currently, my mum in law is helping me to look after bb when im at work. My bb weighs 7kg.. Feeding on FM 150ml every 3 hrs..

He has taken his 6 in 1 jab but so far he has no fever.

Stan

Any mum experience with their baby's poo is green? *worried*
My baby;s poo is green sometimes too... yellow as well... sometimes green first then yellow in one single poo... haaa..like rainbow..
anyway i checked with the PD and she said is normal...

Imac

My baby;s poo is green sometimes too... yellow as well... sometimes green first then yellow in one single poo... haaa..like rainbow..
anyway i checked with the pediatrician and she said is normal...[/quote

Hi everyone :)

My son's poo poo also gets green at times..traditionally it's due to being frightened..he self-frightens himself at times, esp when he was half-asleep (during REM or dreaming) or during bathing if i put him down into the bathtube or carry him up too fast :p I give him a tiny bit of 'Jin Feng San' n it'll be gone.

Anyway, it's alright to be green in poo poo at times.

He is just 8weeks old n I've already given him 125ml since 6th weeks or so. In fact, thinking of increasing to 130ml at times as he is screaming for more. However, once or twice he can't finish the milk.

Also, now he starts to show a trend. Every 12hrs, his consumption is lesser. 4-8am & 5-8pm. Feeding frequency remains as 2hrs on avg but yet to reach 6kg :p

Now I reduce my milk expressing frequency fm 6times a day to only 4. Also taking care of bb on my own (n cook own meals) n night time be HB's care. Most of e time can only clear some housework on wkends. Needs to laundry bb's clothes n hanky every alternate days :( Tiring............

Imac

Hi Joop

Initially tot of gg back to work by taking 12wks' leave (that is gg back on xmas week).

Now do not feel like gg back to work too :p So most likely be taking AL on the last few working days of 2008 n go back in 2010 instead.

Tricia

Hi newbie.

Wow! your baby is super fast! so you've been carrying baby upright since 2 wks old? May be that's why he can hold his head w/o support faster?

Actually my baby also can hold hishead momentarily when my confinement lady carried him upright when he is just few weeks. But i heard some ppl say that it's not good to carry baby upright when he's too young coz not good for back bone? So i very rarely carry him upright... is this back bone thing a real concern? what do you think?
Hi Esther

I also heard my friend mention this.. Maybe we should the doctor when we see them for our baby follow up check..
Share with me when you ask the doc.
My son also able to hold his head when he is abt 5 weeks but I will normally support his neck still whenever he is upright. He loves to be sitted upright as well..

That was what i did, I bought a separate funnel and accesories, plus the motor and the adapter from the phillip customer centre.

Its definately alot cheaper. If you buy 2 motors and 2 adapter, it only cost you around $200. then the funnel, its another few 10s of dollars. So in my view, its quite worth it.
wow! u saved like 500 bucks then! cool! I'm still surviving on my single pump for now. Prolly will head down before I go back to work in Jan. Took a whole shot of 16w maternity leave.
Sigh really can't bear to part with baby...! Ahhhh!!

Imac

I had the same concern about the backbone issue. however my baby prefers to be carried upright. And when we try other positions, he will get fussy. So in the end, we have always been carrying him upright. The only pro of carrying upwards, is that we can burp him easily.
Hi, all (or most) babies love to be carried in an upright position so as to look around altho they can't see e furthest :)

Believe it isn't that ideal n beneficial for them as their backbone is still soft.

The same goes to not lying flat. I do ensure that bb has a balance time - lying flat to rest his back as well as carrying upright altho he now k support his neck a short while.

newbie2009

Im already back to work. I used up my 3 mths maternity leave.. I intend to take my remaining one month leave staggered..

Currently, my mum in law is helping me to look after baby when im at work. My baby weighs 7kg.. Feeding on FM 150ml every 3 hours..

He has taken his 6 in 1 jab but so far he has no fever.
wow. you are back at work? How u coping? So u are only feeding your baby FM? Your breast milk has stopped?

Its not a bad idea to feed your baby 150ml. For me, currently I am giving him 100ml, and he is asking for milk every 2hrs. I believe my baby is currently close to 7kg le.

newbie2009

anyway i checked with the pediatrician and she said is normal...
Thanx for assuring me that its normal to have green poo.

I did a quick search online. Apparently for this breastfed baby, green poo means that the baby is getting too much lactose rich foremilk rather than the hindmilk. Its nothing too serious.

newbie2009

anyway i checked with the pediatrician and she said is normal...[/quote

Hi everyone :)

My son's poo poo also gets green at times..traditionally it's due to being frightened..he self-frightens himself at times, esp when he was half-asleep (during REM or dreaming) or during bathing if i put him down into the bathtube or carry him up too fast :p I give him a tiny bit of 'Jin Feng San' n it'll be gone.

Anyway, it's alright to be green in poo poo at times.

He is just 8weeks old n I've already given him 125ml since 6th weeks or so. In fact, thinking of increasing to 130ml at times as he is screaming for more. However, once or twice he can't finish the milk.

Also, now he starts to show a trend. Every 12hrs, his consumption is lesser. 4-8am & 5-8pm. Feeding frequency remains as 2hrs on avg but yet to reach 6kg :p

Now I reduce my milk expressing frequency fm 6times a day to only 4. Also taking care of baby on my own (n cook own meals) n night time be husband's care. Most of e time can only clear some housework on wkends. Needs to laundry baby's clothes n hanky every alternate days :( Tiring............
yes, its indeed very tiring. To any daddies that is reading this msg..."Appreciate your wife more, its really damn tiring to look after the kids and the tend for the house. You've gotten yourself a VERY good wife."

Is it true that your baby is consuming lesser? My baby appetite is still growing. It seems that he get hungry very quickly.

newbie2009

wow! you saved like 500 bucks then! cool! I'm still surviving on my single pump for now. Prolly will head down before I go back to work in Jan. Took a whole shot of 16w maternity leave.
Sigh really can't bear to part with baby...! Ahhhh!!
if u have plans to express milk when you work, it might be a worthwhile investment to get a 2nd pump. In my view there is no need to get a dual pump. Really too ex.

joopjoop

Is it true that your baby is consuming lesser? My baby appetite is still growing. It seems that he get hungry very quickly.
My sometimes cant finish the 150 ml that i'm giving him, so now i cut down to 120 ml which he can finish everytime and dont ask for more.

If your baby gets hungry very quickly maybe u want to increase the amount that u are giving him? maybe add another 10ml to see if he can last longer?

joopjoop

so typically a baby should only feed once every 2hr?
For my boy, when he was less than a mth old, he gets hungry every 1.5hrs. So my mum suggest then maybe we can increase the amount of milk to see if he can last longer and it worked.

Now he's already 2 mths, his feeding interval is between 2.5 to 3hrs. He drinks about 120ml per feed. He used to drink 150ml but dont know why suddenly he always didnt finish the ebm and often left abt 20 to 30ml and i find it so wasteful to throw away the ebm, so that why i cut down the amount to 120ml. Now he is fine with 120ml, if he wants more i will give him more. Currently i'm still monitoring his intake.

Jerlene

For my boy, when he was less than a month old, he gets hungry every 1.5hrs. So my mum suggest then maybe we can increase the amount of milk to see if he can last longer and it worked.

Now he's already 2 mths, his feeding interval is between 2.5 to 3hrs. He drinks about 120ml per feed. He used to drink 150ml but dont know why suddenly he always didnt finish the ebm and often left about 20 to 30ml and i find it so wasteful to throw away the ebm, so that why i cut down the amount to 120ml. Now he is fine with 120ml, if he wants more i will give him more. Currently i'm still monitoring his intake.

Now my dotter is taking 110ml to 120ml every 3 to 4 hrs. Sometimes she tahan for longer hrs.. not sure if this is good. Recently she can slp thru 8 to 9 hrs without waking up for milk.

joopjoop

Hi All

Are you still wearing mitten for your little one??? When shld we remove it??
I removed the mitten after he reached 1 month old. I cut his fingernails and toenails so dont wear mitten for him. Also now he likes to suck his thumb and sometimes he drools and it makes the mitten to be wet.

joopjoop

Now my dotter is taking 110ml to 120ml every 3 to 4 hours. Sometimes she tahan for longer hours.. not sure if this is good. Recently she can sleep thru 8 to 9 hours without waking up for milk.
My son longest can only sleep through for 4 hours then he would wake up for milk.