Egg and Kiwi for a 15mths ?

Cheyenne

Hi Mummies,
Can you share with me if it is ok to feed a 15mths egg (well blend of yolk and white then steam with fish or meat) or egg tofu (those bought from market) and Kiwi ?

I went home early that day and saw my MIL giving that to DS and thought I read somewhere that egg should wait a bit - allegic and Kiwi due to the acid (sour) in it, is no good for too young kid.

I want to get my fact right before telling her.

Thanks.

apollo

it's okay to let ur son take both egg yolk and white. he is alrdy 15mth old, can take egg alrdy. usually egg yolk is suitable for 8mth old above while egg white is 1yo onwards.

as for kiwi, i started giving ds long b4 he reach 1yo. and in fact aft 1yo, there are many foods that a child can takes. =)

candy_ian

Egg yolk can b given at 8 months n egg white after a year old. kiwi is gd too bursting with vitamins! my son loves kiwi n i think i given him at 7 months!
btw if its his first time for these 2 food then just watch out for allergies.

Phoebii Cheng

I give my son egg yolk before 1 yrs old and after 1, upon the nurses advice at the polyclinic, then I give him whole egg to prepare for the MMR vaccine

As for kiwi, I hv nv really intro to my son until recently they hv the golden kiwi, he quite like it......:tlaugh: