Employing maid

JP12

I think the survey 'kelong'. I am not even sure if they really look for ppl with maids before doing the survey.

Imagine if I am the one trying to earn part time $, would I be so hard working to do the survey?? I probably will fake a few data here and there. The stats is definitely not correct!!

I think under HEALTHCARE CHECK, DENTAL HEALTHCARE SHOULD BE INCLUDED. My maid has bad breath despite me asking her to drink 8 glasses of water.

I am going to bring her to dentist!!! She is taking care of my baby!!!!!
My maid also! When she first joined, her mouth v smelly! But I bought her mouth wash and told her to use instead of telling her literally that her mouth is smelly. hahaha. Now alot better. Ya, tk care of baby mouth smelly canno! euugh.

JP12

Did anyone leave the maid home alone?? With CCTV can supervises ??

Ya, I left my maid alone with baby but not for too long. I'm a SAHM but if I have urgent errands to run, then no choice but to leave baby with her. Wen I'm out, I usu. call the hse a few times to chk on her. Maids r maids.. u won't know what they r up to when u r not home. I've no cctv installed but thinking if necessary if I'm home most of the time.

yvonne_ktw

My agent so far I found cheapest on maid salary.
Fresh with indo experience is $400
Malaysia ex $420
Her agency fees $380 I think no lodging fees if we reject or even go holiday I put maid with her 1week it's FOC I just buy stuff gift her
Wen Eva I have communication with maid I call her n she talk to my maid
Once I reject at 11plus night time just step her door n return n she give me bio data at 1plus AM

Anyone keen in the agency pm me I give u her contact. I don't earn a cent just share with ppl good agency.

Last edited:

yvonne_ktw

Is foscam a brand? How many do u have installed? How much is it?
Yes foscam is the brand you can search to read more info but got alot model I forgot my mOdell ONI remember it's look.
Can call Ryan at 9107 6776 n he is nice enough to help me instal thru Internet $140 I self collect from him at woodland

JP12

Yes foscam is the brand you can search to read more info but got alot model I forgot my mOdell ONI remember it's look.
Can call Ryan at 9107 6776 n he is nice enough to help me instal thru Internet $140 I self collect from him at woodland
Thanks v mch.:)

Busymummy

If leave the maid home alone... Do u give her house key, so she will able to go out if needed to??

Just chking, is it illegal to lock the maid at home , without giving her the house key?

Busymummy

Anyone leave the maid home alOne and give her house key.. ??She only the one at home without key to go out.. Is illegal to lock her in , right?? But what if she go out without permission or worse steal things and go out pass to her friend??

Busymummy

If I buy foscam, I no need to pay monthly sub fee but if I get webcam from starhub then will hv to pay monthly fee right ??

JP12

Anyone leave the maid home alOne and give her house key.. ??She only the one at home without key to go out.. Is illegal to lock her in , right?? But what if she go out without permission or worse steal things and go out pass to her friend??
If I go for long hrs w another set of keys, then I'd leave hse key for her, in case any emergency. U wldnt wan the maid+baby to be locked in n cant escape in case any emergency. I hav to trust her to sty home coz of baby. Keep all valuables locked up. Otherwise must fix camera at home. If u go out often at a routine, then she will knw when to expect u to leave.. then she might build up a scheme.. if not,u unexpectedly tell her u go out, then she can't plan much in adv. My opinions..

Busymummy

Thks JP..

So have to fix Camera and trust the maid.. We both working parents n kids at cc. She will be home alone to do chores.. >.<

For webcam I can fix inside the maid room where she also know?? To let she know we are watching her even though no one at home ??
But I dont think can right? She will need her privacy etc.. :(

If I hv to track on her every day.. I will be crazy..argh.. This is so tired ...

JP12

I think u'd be more at ease that ur kids r not with her alone.. many mummies here got no choice to leave children alone w maid. Tt's scarier. So dont worry too much.

Busymummy

That's true. I don't like the idea to put maid alone with my little ones... They can be quite mischief , what if the maid not happy abuse them I also won't know...

Emm398

Please help - I need a good Filipino transfer maid

Hi

I need a Filipino maid at the end of Nov 2011 to cook and do housework for a couple and 4 teenage children. If you know of any or have one for transferring out, I'd appreciate that you email me at youhl398@gmail.com or call / sms me at 9656 7489 / 9874 0396 to fix up details of a meeting with your good self and your maid?

I can take her immediately.

Thank you very much.
Joyce

yvonne_ktw

I do keep a spare keys at home for her. If house got fire she needs a key to run away. Not sure if it's illegal but we have to name it out first to them and trust them by putting a set of keys at home.

yvonne_ktw

Singtel they have online camera for home use which you can speak to the other party as well but need monthly $
The foscam no need pay monthly money. Pay $140(if i didn't remember wrongly the price) I buy from Ryan 9107 6776 and collect from him(location can ask him) and ask him to help to install, he don't go to your house to install, you bring home and he teach you.(tell him intro by Yvonne and ask him to help you install like the way he do for me)

I install the foscam camera and my house need wireless internet and i use my iphone to access when i'm out(iphone have 3G also can) Other smartphone also can just download the apps. I download is free that type.
When i'm at work i use iphone or ipod and on the camera and leave the devide infront of my desk which i can on off view while working.

CONS =
** No recording
** IP address need to change regulary which needs the computer that you install to get the ip address so i used my home computer to install so if i'm at outside the IP address change i can't get to view anymore i need to get home get the new ip address then can view. (the IP address you wunt know when will change "siao siao" one) Sometimes 2weeks sometime 1month change once

If want those recording type can get from simlim as i saw got alot and they even have those spy type which you wunt know it's a camera. Recording type is good casue it record and you can view every single move which online viewing(foscam) you don't view you don't know that period anything happen. BUT after a day of work you will be tired to watch the video...

Just sharing my view =) Hope it helps

If I buy foscam, I no need to pay monthly sub fee but if I get webcam from starhub then will hv to pay monthly fee right ??

yvonne_ktw

I used to be having the maid name ETI from Presslink. Ms Titian 90068839 which i've used her for 7½month.

GOOD:
Can tahan i always screw/scream at her
do things fast
We train her speak chinese
we train her to cook and clean housework till very tok gong clean
She can be counted as honest
she can do alot alot alot of housework without complain

BAD:
she can ignore us when i scold her (but i think cause it's my attitude wrong)
She wear specs and her specs always wear very low (i think cause her face oily)

She had requested to return home because she say she has gastric. She had never mention to us before at all. We are the cause i guess because our house already used to eat at very late/irregular time.

Maybe you can try call titian if she can get ETI back and i think she will fit your requirement even she's not a philipino

Please help - I need a good Filipino transfer maid

Hi

I need a Filipino maid at the end of Nov 2011 to cook and do housework for a couple and 4 teenage children. If you know of any or have one for transferring out, I'd appreciate that you email me at youhl398@gmail.com or call / sms me at 9656 7489 / 9874 0396 to fix up details of a meeting with your good self and your maid?

I can take her immediately.

Thank you very much.
Joyce

JP12

CONS =
** No recording
** IP address need to change regulary which needs the computer that you install to get the ip address so i used my home computer to install so if i'm at outside the IP address change i can't get to view anymore i need to get home get the new ip address then can view. (the IP address you wunt know when will change "siao siao" one) Sometimes 2weeks sometime 1month change once

Just sharing my view =) Hope it helps
Hi, could u xplain more abt the IP address? Does it mean, if I use another laptop outside of home, I can't view the on-goings at home? How to change the IP add? Foscam is only viewing n not recording? So, if u don't look at it the whole time, u may miss out on some "action"? Can foscam be moved around the house? If maid moves it and changed it to another position tat is not visible, then cannot c anyting already...