Employing maid

mummylovehubby

You have the right to choose, anyway not in all agency have the good attitude, sometimes mixed. but i have nanny from PEM. so far she is good, and she do all around the house old chores. :) :) Thanks god i'm given the right choice.

Veg

I know my maid agency, the boss of the agency actually has several maid agencies. When there are transfer maid, they will swap here and there. There was once I waited for 2 months and no maid, and they dont't want to give me transfer maid. I was so upset, my husband and me went down to the shop to scream at the girls, demanding a refund. We made a very hoohaa, and the next day, they told me they have a maid for us to use for the time being while waiting for the maid of my choice to come from Phillipine.

That time, I was about to due anytime and without a maid, no one is going to help me with the household chores and the baby. I was so stress, I was crying already. With the baby about to due and no help, and the agency keep promising to deliver and never deliver, I was in depression... I live in a double storey house so w/o a maid is not a joke ... These people at the agencies, when you are very nasty, then they will try to speed things up for you. If you are nice to them, they will jiak gao gao(eat your meat and chew your bones)...

The agency that I went to: Singapore Maid Agencies Reviews: Greatlink Employment Agency

I should have searched the web! We got conned by Greatlink Employment Agency also. We had the trauma of having to change maids 3 times in 1 year, and ended up having no maid!... and those so-called agents at Greatlink will anyhow stuff unqualified maids to you. We definitely got our bones chewed by Greatlink. Parents - YOU ARE WARNED!

rogerfiona

Hi,

i would like to start off by saying i am not an employment agency. just recommending an agency that i thought is good.

Took a maid from this agency 4 months back. Small office but personalised services. Not those bigger branches where it is too sales oriented and pushing me to simply take a maid from them. Took time to understand my needs (elderly mum) and made recommendation which i think suit my needs.

Current maid is hardworking. Only drawback is sometimes i need to repeat a few times as she is a little slow. Good thing she is attentive.

The agency that i took from informed me that if i find her service good to recommend more frds. And she will give them a discount. Anyone needs a reliable maid agency contact can email me at newbeginings.rc@gmail.com or sms 87174414 (Not sure how much discount can get though as she never mention, but i think should be reasonable)

butter2012

Hi any transfer maids available? My maid is gg home but will help to orientate new maid when she is here. Plz pm me, thanks!!

Angelin

I got mynmar maid. I worry about their English and attitude at first. But after 1 yr, she quite good and can communicate well, if her attitude good is willingly to learn, it is not any problem. We must teach her and explain to her too. Beside a lot r new and first time here. sometime is luck...

Angelin

No experience in sg. Fresh mynmar. Own experience looking after her younger siblings. Take ur time to choose...fresh maid need to teach, but lesser demand...

Cindtwink

Dear Mummies,

I like to caution you on my bad experience with this maid agency - 1st Allbest Human Resources.

Here is the story (and i have a video confession from the maid which I submitted to MOM):

I took a fresh philippino maid from them in Dec 2014. During the phone interview and biodata advertised on their website, it indicates that this maid has worked in Philippines before taking care of baby for 2 years. When the maid arrived in Feb 2015, one week after she worked in my house, she asked to be returned to agent insisting she is not the person I interviewed. The agent denied that she is telling the truth, and got the Philippines training centre counterparts to counsel her - in which she told me she will try to work but still insisting that she is not the person I interviewed.

2 weeks later, she again told me she wants to go back to agent as she heard her sister's employer's neighbour is looking for maid. Again, I shared with her that I have paid $700+ for her documentation and processing fees to bring her into Singapore and she is aware that this job is to care for baby. She cried for 2 days (during CNY), and again insisted that she did not speak to me over the phone and was not aware that this is a baby job. In fact, in a video confession which I recorded, she confessed that her previous employer in Philippines does not even have a Baby and she only does household chores.

Fearing that she will harm my children or end up crying non stop,I had no choice but to sent her back to agent. Agent took her in but within 2 weeks, transferred her to her 'employer of choice' - which is her sister's employer's neighbour.

While I do agree that maids (just like any other normal employee like us) have the right to choose employer. I have to say that it is very unfair to employers like myself to have to pay the documentation fee to bring her into Singapore and having her only work for less than a month. To the agent, they double earn the documentation fee I have paid for her and then the next round of documentation/processing fee that her new employer is paying. Furthermore, this is a serious case of misrepresentation where the maid agency advertise a biodata that is incorrect and conducted a phone interview where the person we are interviewing is not even the actual maid we hired.

I hope sharing this experience will help you mummies to beware of agencies that misrepresent their maids.

aprilapril

Dear all,

If anyone is looking for maid, pls don't not employ Naw Kry Sar from Myanmar, PR no. as 0 92497402. She make a false Declaration on MOM biodata and I have reported her to MOM. MOM have notice this case and have a records on the maid data. Now whoever want to apply permit for her, MOM will alert on the system to get reference from the pervious employer. I believed maid must be honest and willing to learn but this Myanmar doesn't have. So beware.

If you need more details, you could e-mail me at aprilapril456@yahoo.com.sg, i don't think here can share this issue.

GoodTime

I will like to share my positive experience with this agency i engaged to hire my Filipino maid -1st Class Maids & Employment Agency, after reading many positive reviews about the agency.
I really enjoyed First Class Service from this agency from the point i called them to enquire about the maid till today, after my maid has arrived.
No need to step out of my house for any paperwork or fetch the maid etc at all.
So convenience and easy and the fees he charge are very reasonable considering the service level offered.
In fact i chose his agency even though there are some agency offering rates at $100 to $200 cheaper because i consider the time saved and convenience offered much greater value.
Whenever i have questions or need assistance, the owner - Ted will always be willing to answer my questions or attend to it even if it is late hours.
Even if he is overseas, he will respond as soon as he is available.
He is honest and upfront to say that he cannot offer lifetime guarantee that all his maids will be good because they are human afterall.
But whenever there are issues, he will try his best to settle, failing which he will find a replacement asap.
I do not gain anything from sharing this but i will like such a good agency to continue to prosper and be there for the benefit of us - Employers

Eric leon

Thank you for the information.

Is it better to go for agency? As I have heard some you can do it yourself,is it cheaper that way?
Hiring maid yourself can be cheaper but it won't gurantee you a good maid . But with agencies you can hire the right maid even without any fees or commissions required.

Eric leon

Hey friends ,if you need a helper for your household work or any thing else who can make you free from worries of load of work,then stop thinking too much just go through Maid It Right.Com here you will get all trusted maids. Hope this will help you.:red:

Last edited:

Eric leon

Hey! Friends if you are thinking of employing a maid in Singapore through a trusted agency then make sure that there is no need to worry go through Maid It Right.Com and fill the registration form according to your need.

images.jpeg

Last edited:

Mummy Ri

My agency fee is only $88, They let me separate the payment of loan into 2 month installment. Maid loan $1800 (transfer maid just work for 4 mths) Fillipino maid. She is good also. Really depends on luck loh, my sis paid agency fee for 400+ but the maid not very good.
Which agency will this be?

MammiQ

Hi all,

I am helping my maid to find a good employer for her to transfer.

She is a Filipino of 33 yrs old and speaks fairly good english, understands some simple chinese too as she has worked for a Chinese family for 4 yrs before joining me for 3 years. Now my son is 4 yrs old and i'm sending him to full day childcare, so i don't need a full-time stay home maid anymore.
We are also a chinese family. This maid has been with me for going to 3 years this February 2016. She took care of my boy from around 1 year old.
She is quite diligent and does the housework and looking after my boy. She can follow recipe well and does not have attitude problem. She also can help to teach my son some preschool work which i bought. I have changed 2 maids before and i am happy with this maid so far.
Anyone interested do PM me for more details.

CrystalCloud

Hi all,

I am helping my maid to find a good employer for her to transfer.

She is a Filipino of 33 yrs old and speaks fairly good english, understands some simple chinese too as she has worked for a Chinese family for 4 yrs before joining me for 3 years. Now my son is 4 yrs old and i'm sending him to full day childcare, so i don't need a full-time stay home maid anymore.
We are also a chinese family. This maid has been with me for going to 3 years this February 2016. She took care of my boy from around 1 year old.
She is quite diligent and does the housework and looking after my boy. She can follow recipe well and does not have attitude problem. She also can help to teach my son some preschool work which i bought. I have changed 2 maids before and i am happy with this maid so far.
Anyone interested do PM me for more details.

Hi im looking for pinoy maid. Current maid with me for two years and decided to return home as she miss her kids.
Pls email me for details of your maid

in also at telok blangah area. Two kids 2 and 5
thatcrystalcloud@gmail.com

Hazel1212

Hi ladies, I am considering hiring a domestic helper. My daughter now is taken care by my parents after school. However, my parents have 4 other grandkids and it has become too overwhelming. I was looking online to get advice on how to find a domestic helper or if there are any other alternatives. I found this article quite good as it introduces several platforms and breaks down the cost of hiring a domestic helper. It also suggests part-time agencies where you can hire part-time baby sitters.

Kinderful Blog - How to find a maid in Singapore and the costs involved

Appreciate any advice

Mummy1111

We apologise to A Paratama Employment Agency and our previous mail Thidar Nyunt for the previous message which was posted in this thread.

Last edited:

Angelin

Pls do not use A Pratama Employment Agency. They recommended 2 "good" maids within 3 months.

First one actually dont want to share room with my kids but was scolded by agent the night before we collected her. Only after staying with us for 1month, she shared the truth and requested for transfer as she wanted her own room.

The second maid claimed to be good with children but is now requesting for transfer as she was not happy after getting scolded as she was enjoying herself in the air conditioned gym for 1 hour instead of supervising my 2 kids at the swimming pool.

On another occasion, she allowed my 2 kids to play downstairs alone at the carpark while she stayed at home. Fortunately my husband came home early that day and brought them up immediately.

If you have babies or children, pls do not hire this maid (Thidar Nyunt WP : 92977757) for the safety of your kids.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some good and bad experience with maids.
It sometime luck. Good maid r hard to find.
experience, hardworking and able to communicate English with me
PM if u keen on