Employing maid

Desmond Phoon

We apologise to A Paratama Employment Agency and our previous mail Thidar Nyunt for the previous message which was posted in this thread.
We are glad that you know your wrongdoings and apologise .

FDW Thidar Nyunt and our agency will move on from here.

DESMOND PHOON KWOK LAM(R1100123)
A.PRATAMA EMPLOYMENT AGENCY (LIC 04C342)

Last edited:

Angelin

Need help? My sister just got a new maid from Indo.
Experience, hardworking and English also not bad.
v initiative, hopefully can still the be same next month later and so on

goh377

We have employed a few before. We have read up a lot of strategy to get a good maid, but end up depending on luck.

Some suggestions: if you are patient and easy going, I will suggest you to take some fresh maid. Those experienced maid is costly, and they know how to "play smart", especially the filipino maid.

For the procedure, you can refer to How to Hire Maid for more details.

Cost: From 1st May 2017 onwards, it will cost you at least $570 to hire a Filipino maid as the embassy raises the minimum salary.

Food, toiletry and utility is another important component of cost.

Maid levy is $65 if you have children or elderly at home.

One-time off fee include maid agency fee, insurance, employer orientation fee, fee for work permit, air ticket.

For details, you can check maid cost for details.

Helpersmama

We have employed a few before. We have read up a lot of strategy to get a good maid, but end up depending on luck.

Some suggestions: if you are patient and easy going, I will suggest you to take some fresh maid. Those experienced maid is costly, and they know how to "play smart", especially the filipino maid.

For the procedure, you can refer to How to Hire Maid for more details.

Cost: From 1st May 2017 onwards, it will cost you at least $570 to hire a Filipino maid as the embassy raises the minimum salary.

Food, toiletry and utility is another important component of cost.

Maid levy is $65 if you have children or elderly at home.

One-time off fee include maid agency fee, insurance, employer orientation fee, fee for work permit, air ticket.

For details, you can check maid cost for details.
True getting a good maid is very dependent on luck. A large part is also dependent on how expectation is being communicated to them and how they are being managed.

I am actually working on a product to help manage and motive domestic helper in Singapore. Drop me a PM if anyone is interested to find out more.

Hiremymaid

Anyone can recommend me good n reliable maid?
And also must be reliable n good agent
Hi, I created my account here (am not actually a mummy) to try and help my former maid get a new job.

My maid had previously been with my family for over 15 years, and we had to let her go due to financial reasons (both parents semi retired at the same time, and our family business closed down). Otherwise I would have never let her go, she is a rare find.

She is currently trying to find a new place of employment - very experienced thanks to the years that she has been with us, fantastic cook, fastidious cleaner, can help with children, as well as elderly. She wants to stay in Singapore and continue working as a maid and is very hardworking. If you are interested, please PM me and I can put you in touch with her and her agency.

Thanks.

MummyCecilia

I think i am very lucky to get a decent maid. She understands english and simple chinese and also cooks well. Im not saying she is the best la of course she learns a long the way. Be patient with your new maids. For anyone who is interested in looking for a new agency , can actually give https://ablebest.com.sg/ a try. My maid is from them and they are not pushy. The maids they provide are decent. Hope it helps.

dloreangel

True getting a good maid is very dependent on luck. A large part is also dependent on how expectation is being communicated to them and how they are being managed.

I am actually working on a product to help manage and motive domestic helper in Singapore. Drop me a PM if anyone is interested to find out more.
what product is that? share more?

i also read on this blogger on maid insurance broker in singapore
u guys got get from ur maid agency one?

taurus piglet

I'm looking to transfer out my Indo Helper (Ayu) who's EX SIN. Been with me for about 4 months. Pleasant attitude, can cook well, patient with children. However, she's not very good in her organisation skill and also cleaning chores which is key hiring factor for my household.

As my kids are in Student care & Childcare from Mon-Fri, therefore her main job is Household chores, but, after using her for 4 months, her housework is not up to my expectation. I find that she'll work best if there's supervision therefore if your main job scope for her is not Household chores and instead, child-minding & cooking. She'll fit very well into your household.

Salary: $630 with 2 off
DOB: Jan 1986
Height 158cm, weight 50kg

Can speak English rather well, able to handle pork.

Ayu follows instructions and can accept criticism as in if you 'say' or reprimand her, she's not the type to show u black face or attitude. She's the kind that accepts your scolding or nagging then will 1 ear in & 1 ear out, pros & cons to this attribute tho.

Do PM me if you are keen to interview her or find out more. I have not inform her about my intention to transfer her out.

Candy777

My domestic helper is not very good at communicating in English. Hard to send her message. Where can I get books or resources to improve her English? Please advise