Employing maid

joeichen

my advise is not to depend on the maid too much coz they oso human so every nite is very tired n when too tired temper will b bad...
Like wat mich_liu82 mentioned, try to take turn to take care of bb so she can rest oso...

Tricia

I recommend my maid agency. PM me for details... Its my mum friend so I dont know if she is ok to let me post like that or not.

As for my maid, she got help me take care of my baby even at night, i'll take turns with her, like 1,3,5 me. then 2,4,6 her. depends also... then noon time i see i ask her go rest too if like the nite before she took care of the baby... or sum times i tell her to get up lata...

I only want the maid for 3 months.
Can help to ask whether your mom friend provide maid for 3 months only.
Thanks.

joeichen

Thanks.
Dear, fr wat i know even u need maid for only 1 day u still have to pay all the things like ins, bond, levy etc... agent fee oso not cheaper

Thanks.
I dun mind asking for you but for 3 mths, I believe you gotta pay for everything like we get a normal 2 yrs ones. Like agent fee, insurance, sign security bond.

Tricia

I dont mind asking for you but for 3 mths, I believe you gotta pay for everything like we get a normal 2 yrs ones. Like agent fee, insurance, sign security bond.

Yes.. I am aware of that.
But I will only need to pay the maid 3 months salary and gov, 3 months lev.
I looking for someone who is waiting for transfer with good record so that I don have to go thru the homesick period with them.

Priya Diva

You should never do a DIY if you're a first time employer.

I'm replacing my current helper as we have totally spoiled her. I'm going back to work soon. I chose another maid & all I have to do is send her to the agency. Otherwise, I'll have to send her back to Indo & liase with MOM & get another helper. She may run away.... it's too much trouble for a first-timer.

Just get an agency which your friends or relatives have current dealings. My agency, Swift Arrow (Yishun) doesn't care about our complaints or maid's welfare at all. But they'll process everything properly with some pressure. Some terms can be negotiated.

This is where the $488 agency fee comes in useful.
Hi Ping

I had taken from Swift arrow [yishun] too. True that they did the proceedings well but yes the welfare of the maid is not good.

I had taken one indon. The processing all was good. My ex-maid wanted a change of as she could not cope with Indian food and house envrionment and last min dont want to look after baby[ new born].

They threaten her to behave properly while they do transfer for me or send her back to Indon. She was so scared that she started asking me everyday whether they will send her back to Indon & she sit and cry whole day[ torturous]. I said u talk to agent cos i busy bf my baby no time to talk to her. End up One fine day while the transfering process was taking place while i BF in room. She ran away from my home...

Ayioh that time was my confinement time....
Some how found her at Police post and reported her case and settle the matters. But they took some time to pay back and transfer her out of my name [ about 2 -3 wks] so end up no help!!

Bad experiece... So agency must also be good!!!

Tricia

I dont mind asking for you but for 3 mths, I believe you gotta pay for everything like we get a normal 2 yrs ones. Like agent fee, insurance, sign security bond.

Hi,, did you manage to ask your mom friend about the 3 months helper...

schew_1

I used to assist a girlfriend of mine to train maids. If you are going to interview a maid, asked her any questions with rgds to looking after a baby, ans will be - Yes I can or I have baby brothers, sisters or cousins at home. It maybe truth but their way of looking after babies are very different from ours. Make sure that you have at least your parents or in-laws monitoring the maid as well. Fees are different. If this is the 1st time, you may want to include a maid replacement fee just in case the 1st one does not work out.

matka

Hi, I have one kid with a 2nd on the way. And all these while I have resisted employing a maid, opting only for a part-time domestic helper to come in once a week. But I guess there comes a time when I have to set aside my pride and privacy and say - I need help!

I will be moving to a new house soon and I definitely will not be able to cope with the housework there.

I've called up two agencies so far to find out more. I'm quite a novice at this so would appreciate your advise.

1) Is it true that I can only refer to biodatas and videos (if any) when I want to hire new maids? I understand that I can do phone interviews with Filipino maids but not for Indonesian maids because of the language barrier.

2) Are phone interviews sufficient? I really can't imagine sussing out a person's character just over the phone. Especially for someone whom I'm going to let into our private lives.

3) The other option is to do face-to-face interviews with Transfer maids. But I'm also not very sure how that'll work out. I mean, apart from being rejected by previous employers, are there other valid reasons why they are being transferred... and will maid agencies tell us the truth?

4) Off days. How many off days do your maids get a month? I am actually inclined to give the maid once a week off (esp for church activities, etc), but based on feedback from my husband whose family used to have a maid and from friends, off days is usually once a month. I've been told that it's also recommended by the agencies.

5) Work hours. How many hours do your maids typically work a day? Are there set hours? Do you give a timetable?

I have so many questions, but I guess I shall take things one step at a time. Thanks!

tika

Hi, I have one kid with a 2nd on the way. And all these while I have resisted employing a maid, opting only for a part-time domestic helper to come in once a week. But I guess there comes a time when I have to set aside my pride and privacy and say - I need help!

I will be moving to a new house soon and I definitely will not be able to cope with the housework there.

I've called up two agencies so far to find out more. I'm quite a novice at this so would appreciate your advise.

1) Is it true that I can only refer to biodatas and videos (if any) when I want to hire new maids? I understand that I can do phone interviews with Filipino maids but not for Indonesian maids because of the language barrier.

2) Are phone interviews sufficient? I really can't imagine sussing out a person's character just over the phone. Especially for someone whom I'm going to let into our private lives.

3) The other option is to do face-to-face interviews with Transfer maids. But I'm also not very sure how that'll work out. I mean, apart from being rejected by previous employers, are there other valid reasons why they are being transferred... and will maid agencies tell us the truth?

4) Off days. How many off days do your maids get a month? I am actually inclined to give the maid once a week off (esp for church activities, etc), but based on feedback from my husband whose family used to have a maid and from friends, off days is usually once a month. I've been told that it's also recommended by the agencies.

5) Work hours. How many hours do your maids typically work a day? Are there set hours? Do you give a timetable?

I have so many questions, but I guess I shall take things one step at a time. Thanks!
I MIGHT hire a maid too, after I deliver. I have the exact same questions running through my head Matka. I've been thread reading/hopping and I have to admit, there are many more maid horror stories than good ones. Its making hubby and I feel uneasy about hiring one. But, same like you...we need help too!

Tricia

I MIGHT hire a maid too, after I deliver. I have the exact same questions running through my head Matka. I've been thread reading/hopping and I have to admit, there are many more maid horror stories than good ones. Its making hubby and I feel uneasy about hiring one. But, same like you...we need help too!

Hi Matka and Tika

I looking for a 3 months maid as well. Is true that most of the blog and thread about maid are bad stories.. But still most of my friends keep their maid for 2 years...
So I think getting a maid is ready by luck.
We may find out every thing about getting a maid but in the end having a stranger living in the house is always very difference and challeging..
Juz like staying with our in laws, have problems also..

I decided to give out reading blog about the maid and try a agengy and try my luck..
But I have to pray alot to ask God to give me a good maid that will able to help me during my confinment and 2 months after the confinment.

Went thru these for information and send email to enquire to these 2 links, hope it help.
Singapore Maid Agencies Reviews
http://www.netmaid.com..sg/

Hi Matka and Tika

I looking for a 3 months maid as well. Is true that most of the blog and thread about maid are bad stories.. But still most of my friends keep their maid for 2 years...
So I think getting a maid is ready by luck.
We may find out every thing about getting a maid but in the end having a stranger living in the house is always very difference and challeging..
just like staying with our in laws, have problems also..

I decided to give out reading blog about the maid and try a agengy and try my luck..
But I have to pray alot to ask God to give me a good maid that will able to help me during my confinment and 2 months after the confinment.

Went thru these for information and send email to enquire to these 2 links, hope it help.
Singapore Maid Agencies Reviews
http://www.netmaid.com..sg/
Hi ladies,

I have the same situation like u guys not because we need help, we will not need a stranger/burden at home.

I got my myanmar maid 1wk b4 i deliver my 2nd child till last week than I realise that she had not been using floor cleaner to mop the floor.OMG... all because she dun understand me from the 1st day I told her to do so...

Her level of speaking and understanding is only like 20-30% so the rest if she dun understand she will anyhow do.

Best thing you need to do is write down the requirements ask the agent to translate to their language before they proceed to work for you. Most importantly state that they don't waste food else they will think they can eat half than the rest throw away.

Also make sure to check if they have remove their wisdom tooth else this will be a time bomb for you. My this maid had her wisdom tooth problem 1wk after my confinement half her face swollen and got to send her to dentist but after taking antibiotics the swollen is gone so at the moment no need to extract else need to give her rest plus take care of her. Imagine you have to take care of your kid and your maid....

You guys must let the agent know your requirements if the maid come and don't fit the requirement change them asap. I feel kanna con cos this maid portfolio states that she is 29yrs but actual age is only 23ys. Though she work as domestic maid in myanmar but she know nuts about housework. I want someone who can cook and she don't know how to cook at all. portfolio state she eat pork but when she is here she tell me she don't eat...

Im having lots of problem now but got to bear with it cos she is my 2nd change. might send her back to agent half year later after she complete the loan that she borrowed.

yvonne_ktw

I also wanna get maid. . but very vex now if i should get experience or single or. .
I have a 8mth old boi at home which i want the maid to luk aft.

Sigh... Got maid oso headache, no maid oso headache...

Cham hor... For me, finally my new maid came... Imagine that time I was quietly swearin n cursing inside my mind bout my previous maid bcoz she was suppose to come back after going back for 3 weeks but she MIA. And I was without maid for 2 months...

Tricia

Found 1 transfer filipino maid.
She is married with 2 grown up kids.
She has worked in Singapore for 2 years.
So hope she can help me during my confinement....

tika

After much deliberation, hubby and I have decided not to get a maid. I find it a terrible heart pain to part with $500 every month. Plus there's no way we can get one in time for my delivery which is exactly a month away. Hopefully I don't die standing during the first two months after delivery. If I do, I just want to let everyone know, this is a kickass motherhood forum.

joanne6298

I agreed. Mine was about $550.
If you have contact or some ppl recomend you maid you can do self employing.
I'm doing it now, I ask the maid do her passport then send me her details.
I will apply online at MOM site then within 1-2 days you can get a reply fr MOM.
Once approve you can apply for her bond, ins, air ticket.
you must also prepare a contact for the maid.

Hi Joeichen,

i wan to employ one vietnam maid myself as well. can u advise me on how to go about it? I already got her in Singapore right now? how should i do?

Casse

for those whom are interested , i am working in an maid agency now
But the min contract is 2 years.

for those who are interested can pm me =)