Employing maid

Busymummy

Hi,
Just want to know do I need to pay the maid loan to agent in full upfront or can pay by instalment monthly? How the loan amount come about? Base on the maid salary ? I.e if salary is $400, 6mths loan will be $2400??

The Maid agent did not explain how the loan Amt come about and want me to pay upfront.. Is this what practice in other agent??

Sorry, never encounter before, if get part time maid no such $$ problem..>.<
but so difficult to get part time want to work night time!!

yvonne_ktw

Some agent accept post dated cheque. But agent fees will be higher abit.

You need to pay:
1)Agent Fees <<< pay when you've confirmed
2) Maid Insurance <<< can pay when you pick her
3) Maid Loan (Fresh maid is 8month or 9month X her salary) <<< pay when pick her
4) Levy <<< Agent will give you a giro form and you fill in and post

If you get transfer maid
Everything same as above except the maid loan will be if she's left with 2month then you pay 2month

Hope it helps =)

Hi,
Just want to know do I need to pay the maid loan to agent in full upfront or can pay by instalment monthly? How the loan amount come about? Base on the maid salary ? I.e if salary is $400, 6mths loan will be $2400??

The Maid agent did not explain how the loan Amt come about and want me to pay upfront.. Is this what practice in other agent??

Sorry, never encounter before, if get part time maid no such $$ problem..>.<
but so difficult to get part time want to work night time!!

ping26

I have placed a few ads in some websites. I received a reply from a Filipino who was "attracted" by the job scope. She works for childless PR couple who have a few cats.
She has a great life - she earns extra bucks by cleaning for MANY expats in the condo. She was desperate as her employers will be repatriated soon.

I wonder why MOM allows childless couples to pay the same levy as families. Surely, these people do not require maids. Their needs cannot be compared to SG families who have old folks & young children. This is one instance which I think PAY-AND-PAY govt needs to do its part. Surely these employers should provide jobs for local cleaning companies & aunties.
One single maid who has nothing to do, is taking away at least 5 jobs from locals. In that case, their employer should cough up more levy for govt piggy bank. If they have to pay $500 as maid levy, they'll hire local cleaners & pet sitters. And the maids will appreciate that they're not here on holiday.

Last edited:

hpc

I agree ping26,I got ads from forum,that part-time maids available,live-out maids.All these maids are filipinos/indos maids.They find employers without children or with more than 1 maid,pay their own levy and work for others.Why all these employers allow them to do so.MOM should take note on these maids/employers.Maid levy should revise according the number of maids employed.!st maid have subsidy,2nd maid double,3rd maid x-double.

ping26

I have to get another maid urgently due to theft.

I read a few contracts & one contract states that Min of Manpower has the right to transfer the maid to another employer, without valid cause (theft or abuse). This will supersede whatever agreement that WE or the AGENCY have signed with the maid. There were a few other clauses which protect the maids rights arbitrarily.

I got a shock. The agency then explained this is Ministry's regulations for maid agency!!! They have to accept it as part of their licensing.

RIDICULOUS!!!

I have never read about Min of Manpower catching any maid who moonlights illegally. Pls let me know if anyone knows of statistics of maids contracting STDs and HIV or caught prostituting. Working multiple households & prostitution are in breach of work permit regulations. Living out arrangement is also in breach of work permit regulation. There are a small number of maids who are soliciting in pubs. There are also maids advertising at supermarkets & online.

The few officers just need to collect the info & blacklist the maids. No work at all. This will go a long way to act as a deterrent & 'educate' maids & protect SG employers. The maids must think there is a chance of them being caught/arrested. If employers know our rights are protected & there is some official policing, some employers will be more rational and humane.

Instead, they spend a lot of tax-payers' money going after errant SG employers. I want to read about statement about prosecution of errant maids. Surely the numbers should equal or even exceed the number of errant SG employers.

I think I also want to get become PR in SG.

Last edited:

yvonne_ktw

tO EVERYONE, please remember remember and i strongly strongly DON'T/DO NOT recomend you guys go Home Employment Agency at Hougang. That Cecilia See is a very very super bad agent. NEVER EVER TRUST HER WORDS. It's a very long story. But i'm not here to earn your money so i assure you i don't lie. I just don't want another victim like me kena such attitude from that agency and will regret.

Hi, i'm a mum-to-be with baby due in Jan 2012 who just started reading this thread.
my hubby and i live on our own. our 1st time getting a maid but his family had long years of experience with hiring maids. the maids in the past 1980s, 1990s used to be better. now the std has dropped. the recent family maids had stolen $, gold jewellery, attitude problems... one even brought a bangladeshi worker to their home when only a sick elderly was at home! so scary!

we visited 2 maid agencies in katong in Oct. Only did the MOM orientation programme online for 1st-time employer last mth.
the 2 maid agencies - AG Employment Agency & JPB International.
We think AG Employment seems to be better. JPB staff was pushy though we said we wanted time to consider and not decide on the spot.
Aso, JPB was later highlighted in The Straits Times to be one of the 16 for price fixing.

A relative recommended Sunway which is supposedly around for several years but he mentioned it had demerit points before. I went to MOM online to check. The licence is only issued in 2009 and no demerit points. Wonder if there was a slight change in name & licence holder such that the agency starts itself with 0 demerit points again.

Thinking of getting either from Myanmar or Indon. But Indon - diet is an issue - I'm a Chinese and we eat pork. As for Myanmar, I know language is a problem but heard they can pick up Mandarin fast. used to think Filipinos are better coz understand English but think they tend to answer back / talk back, with attitude problem as seen in my hubby's family maids. Their Indon maids slower but at least dont answer back.

Does anyone have any comments about AG or Sunway? You may like to PM me if you dont want to post the comments here. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Anyone try the nation employment?? Is good??
Ya, i agreed that the standard of maid in sinapore getting worst. Some of them not well train. The agency dont care, they just get a maid to employer. If not suitable then do the maid transfer.
I have one friend who get a maid for take care 4 and 5 yeard old kids. During the interview, the maid all ok. When the time the maid working in the family, she told her agent she cannot work as take care 2 kids. The agency just told my friend to do maid transfer as the maid request transfer.
I wondering then why need interview.

hpc

JPB,HOMEKEEPER,HOME UNITED,al these big agency are sluts.They all just want to sell their maids fast.Once the mads give problems,they protect their maids more than just listen to employer story.My friend got a maid from homekeepers,change 2 maids within 4mths cos 1st maid says she can't work,pretend to fall sick,2nd maid lazy,don't help granny keep the house clean,don't like cooking,eat super alot,shes filipino maid,wake up 7-8am goes back to her room at 9pm,don't care weather job finish or not,before she come 15kgs rice last about 6 wks,no of people 6members.After the maid come 25kgs per month.She can tell granny she wants to find family working employers,so that more freedom,so send her back to agent with balance of s$3000Ask for refund,tell them to wait or replace another maid.My friend waited 2 mths to take back the money.Home united maids steals money,picky eater,ask to change new maid,till now 3mths still no maid employer,JPB after sales service is the worst

hpc

NATION is the head to fix the salary hike.Not u pay high agency fee ,they can provide quality maid with less problems,go to smaller agency with case trust also can provide good maids,lower agency fee cos no adveristment ,lower cost,will advise u and try to meet ur requirments n not just to sell the maids out.

ping26

I think better dont't hire Myanmar maids.

The pace in Myanmar is very slow-> no sense of time/urgency or we are just much much faster than them.
They seem to require a lot of sleep. I have 2 Burmese maids in past 5 month - both oversleep regularly although they have worked in SG for 2 years.

The 2nd maid just came for 1 month. I think she's having an affair with a married SG man who pays for her phone bill. I'm sorry to admit I peeked at her handphone. She goes bra-less at night or sleeps in a tight tank top with lots of holes. She wears light make-up everyday in the house.

Yes, I'm getting rid of her as soon as I quit my job next year. I dont't want her to have an affair with my father in law or hub.

I thought 1st maid was super slow but decent. But alas, I think they are undergoing sexual liberation or something. In their country, they can't even wear shorts outside the house. But here, they seem to enjoy men's attention. Both are aged around 30. But 1st maid probably faked her age. She's like 40. Her bio states she's 5"2 but she's around 147cm.

I think it's just not worth the frustration and financial risk if you are unable to supervise them personally. They look very earnest. It's troublesome ($$) to bring them along as they hold Burmese passports.

I found out about their true nature cos some incidents (God's way of showing me). I can do without a maid soon cos I have 1 kid.

Last edited:

hpc

No so far u are the only one says that,if difficult clients,which give ??? questions,how to deal with them.Everyone also have their own ways of handling clients,not just to tell clients yes,yes, but cannot meet the requirement n anyhow sell their maid to u right.Sometimes clients are too much ok,then how to tolarate.Can tell me ur situation before saying the agency no good.

Aizan

Hi there,

Anyone try Crislo Agency at Hougang Green? Any feedback? It's either the maid or the agency got problems..haiz..

In 8 mths, I change 3rd maid..now waiting for my 4th maid to come in!! Im gonna be crazy dealing w this maids!!

Hi there,

Anyone try Crislo Agency at Hougang Green? Any feedback? It's either the maid or the agency got problems..haiz..

In 8 mths, I change 3rd maid..now waiting for my 4th maid to come in!! Im gonna be crazy dealing w this maids!!
Then you will have to keep changing the name of maid for insurance & pay extra... Not just extra costs incurred, but the time & effort used on handling the changes and training the maids! Oh dear.

Aizan

Then you will have to keep changing the name of maid for insurance & pay extra... Not just extra costs incurred, but the time & effort used on handling the changes and training the maids! Oh dear.

Exactly!! $$$ all fly off w d wind!! This blardy maid not happy only ask for transfr!! They don't care whether got loan to pay off or not!! I'm so sick n this will be my last one... And will find other alternative..

Hope your latest maid will be much better.

Sigh, I wonder how the govt can tweak the current policies so that the situation can be improved.
The agencies make the employers pay for the maid's loan once the maid is confirmed.
I think there should be shared responsibility such that both the employers & the agencies pay 50% of the loan,
or the employer pays the loan in staggered amts so that we are not held at the mercy of the agencies.