Employing maid

KirstenQ:786887 said:
Thanks for sharing your story... wow I admire you, 5 kids must be really tiring for you to handle. Hope you can quickly find some reliable and trusted help soon . My current helper of 7 years is so great with kids...and i did not know that she was good with kids until i gave birth...she is so patient with the babies and she is calm when the babies fuss about...she handles them with such love and care. When I was pregnant, the hormones made me very emo , and yet she was patient with me and helped me through my difficult pregnancy. She is ike a sister to me. :) I really dread the day she leaves as I know i will not trust any other helper/stranger with my babies.

an update from my end... found a FDW filipino... looks great on paper biodata... i even interviewed on on skype... when i finally decided to hire her..she said she needs time to settle some 'home problems' and she can only come in August... which is not an option for me. *sigh*.

ANyone got feedback on transfer helpers? that would be faster but i have the impression that transfer helpers have a lot of problems too.
Getting a good helper is like a gambling whether is from a fresh or transfer it depend ur luck.
But I can share with u on the transfer helper cos till now I still employ transfer instead of fresh cos to me is no different but transfer at least I can hv a face to face interview better through skype or face time and is faster to get it then the fresh helper. I do agree that most transfer helper are rejected due to some reason but not all are bad. Some are due to the older has passed away or due to the employer do not want to employ helper anymore or some due to working very slow, irresponsible, attitude and etc.

cyberie:787035 said:
can share the cost of getting a maid??
Hi Cyberie,

Below are the approximate charge only not fix cos all maid agency quote differently.

Maid Agency fee - depend hw much the agency charge.

Fresh Maid:

Insurance - $321

SIP - $150

POEA - $550

Placement Fee – $2320 to $2420 + personal

Transfer Maid:

Insurance - $321

Placement Fee – Balance of maid loan

Dear mummies,

Just to check with all of you, when your maid is sending stff back home to the philipines, do they need a copy of their passport?
If yes, what is the purpose?

Please share with me your advices! Thank you!

can share the cost of getting a maid??
Hi Cyberie,

Just to share with on the cost for maids as I have just gotten my new helper. My current helper is leaving in July (finish 2 years contract)and I have been on the search since May. Initially it was just a feel of different agencies etc. Turn out that the industry is very horrible. Maids are like goods, and different agencies handle their maids so differently. If an agency has too many transfers, I do doubt their capability in handling the match. The good agencies that I like do not have transfers or they do but do not match my requirements.

I have 3 children and my Mil stays with me. I am only looking for transfer maids as I can interview them face to face. At the end of the day, if we can ask the right questions to find the 'ideal' one, I feel that agency is not the big picture.

I paid:

Agency fee: $788

Insurance $321

Placement loan $2900 (abt 6 months)

She's filipino and will be on 1 day off after 4 months. I went to bukit timah shopping centre and interviewed all of the transfer maids in that building before deciding on her. My basic requirement is below 35 years old, must be married and have children (whom she has taken care of them personally). She must have worked for a chinese family (no expat family), must not be in Singapore for more than 3 years and she mustn't be the one who had asked to be transferred.

This strategy had helped my sister and I to hire our helpers and also in both families, they have stayed for at least 2 years. Hopefully this will help you with your search.

Hi,

Below are the agents rate for you to compare.
Chong Pang Maid Agency - Agent fee at Sgd 688
PEM Maid Agency - Agent fee at Sgd 988

Number of Maid off day : 1 day *

*can be neg with no off day but compensation

Important : To employ maid, first we need to know what we want our maid to do. What is the first, sec and third priority before employing them.

If the first priority is the baby, suggest u get the maid (even work oversea) or have children and is married.

Share my experience : I have 5 children age of 12, 6, 1 and 2 months twins. I employ maid is to help my mother in law but I am regret to employ a Flipino maid at age of 25 single which i though that she may hv energy to play with my 1 yr old girl and click with other ages kids but im wrong. I gave birth to my twins on feb 2013 so i do a switch to let her handle my newborn babiea cos she cannot take care of my 1 yr old girl. The bio data show she can handle newborn very good status but for what we see is not. My advice to you is better to be very sure on yourself what u want them to do before employ. And also the handphone, do not let give them the phone cos my maid used while she is taking care of my one yr old girl. I hv a son at the age of 12 yrs and i know sometime he is playful but my maid dont seem to be mature enough and had a argue with my boy.One last thing, don't also give her a habit by helping them everytime cos this will make them to became lazy. All thia is true cos it already happen to me. :(
And now I need to get a replacement maid same Flipino but age at 42 and hope that she is one I want.

Hi Doreen, you got your this maid from PEM? Is her name Jennyrose?

jdmum

Hi I m looking for a part-time maid to help out with cleanings. Either weekly or ad- hoc, location at Jurong. Anyone has contacts, pls pm me. Thanks

cywy

Hi All, my maid is stealing my wifi to use her FB on my tablet and her smartphone.. driving me crazy..
anyone of u encounter this problem?

joeytly

Hi there mummies,

I have not employ a maid before. I know the requirement is 30K per year but can be add up together with my husband income right? I will like to know which agency can pay the loan and all by instalment without credit card or? I need something affordable! Can anyone please advise? Thank you.

audreymania18:796884 said:
Hi,

Below are the agents rate for you to compare.
Chong Pang Maid Agency - Agent fee at Sgd 688
PEM Maid Agency - Agent fee at Sgd 988

Number of Maid off day : 1 day *

*can be neg with no off day but compensation

Important : To employ maid, first we need to know what we want our maid to do. What is the first, sec and third priority before employing them.

If the first priority is the baby, suggest u get the maid (even work oversea) or have children and is married.

Share my experience : I have 5 children age of 12, 6, 1 and 2 months twins. I employ maid is to help my mother in law but I am regret to employ a Flipino maid at age of 25 single which i though that she may hv energy to play with my 1 yr old girl and click with other ages kids but im wrong. I gave birth to my twins on feb 2013 so i do a switch to let her handle my newborn babiea cos she cannot take care of my 1 yr old girl. The bio data show she can handle newborn very good status but for what we see is not. My advice to you is better to be very sure on yourself what u want them to do before employ. And also the handphone, do not let give them the phone cos my maid used while she is taking care of my one yr old girl. I hv a son at the age of 12 yrs and i know sometime he is playful but my maid dont seem to be mature enough and had a argue with my boy.One last thing, don't also give her a habit by helping them everytime cos this will make them to became lazy. All thia is true cos it already happen to me. :(
And now I need to get a replacement maid same Flipino but age at 42 and hope that she is one I want.

Hi Doreen, you got your this maid from PEM? Is her name Jennyrose?
Hi Audrey, yes is her. U know her?

Hi Audrey, yes is her. you know her?
She is my previous maid, I am the one who send her back, August she came, during my 9 months pregnant, she stay at home play my water, often quietly go out to chat with my other neighbours maid. After I went back from c-sect she totally change, for eg: she knows what she suppose to do but purposely forget. So after 2 days, I request her to send back to agency. Not only that, she is very dirty and unhygienic. My daughter suffer from hfmd because of her as there was no case in the school at all. My daughter see her every time stay at one corner of the room dig her nose and look at the windows and eat in the disgusting stuff she dig out. She refused to bathe too and always asked for early rest.

nightmare for me. Btw... How did she fare in your house.

Pinkcream

My maid non stop fb n watapp till I confiscate her Hp. I only return her when I back from work . She has another phone is under prepaid card . My in law keep on complaining she has many call comming in. Daily housework she do but seriously I don't know did she really do housework , I working can't see . She just getting lazy . Only thing good about her is she can cook well n take care of my in law well .
Now hesitating to transfer her out or not
. Sigh

audreymania18:808854 said:
Hi Audrey, yes is her. you know her?
She is my previous maid, I am the one who send her back, August she came, during my 9 months pregnant, she stay at home play my water, often quietly go out to chat with my other neighbours maid. After I went back from c-sect she totally change, for eg: she knows what she suppose to do but purposely forget. So after 2 days, I request her to send back to agency. Not only that, she is very dirty and unhygienic. My daughter suffer from hfmd because of her as there was no case in the school at all. My daughter see her every time stay at one corner of the room dig her nose and look at the windows and eat in the disgusting stuff she dig out. She refused to bathe too and always asked for early rest.

nightmare for me. Btw... How did she fare in your house.
Oh... I employed her on 2nd of Nov 12 till we cannot stand of her. We decided to sent her back to her country on 1 Jun 13.
Having her also my nightmare...

Before moving to 5 rooms flat, we r staying in 3 rooms. Every morning, we will sent my second daughter to childcare where is near at my mil place. At the same time, she n my third daughter will go to my mil hse.

My mil always like to bring my kids to the playground and she get to know more filipnos there.

First 2 months, she was very hardworking.

Slowly the problem comes after we moved to 5 rooms which only few block away fr mil.

1) nvr change my elder son bedsheet and asked him to change himself

2) nvr wash the toilet clean eg pile on the floor nvr remove and scrub the floor, the four corner ard basin nvr wash, the toiletries should be keep properly in the service yard cabinet she nvr put it nicely, the kitchen cabinet wok, turberware & plate messy.

3) use my mil handphone to sms and call , told my mil not to tell us

4) have told her to fetch my daughter from childcare dun let her go to the play ground, straight away fetch her home but she didnt sometime cos she want to talk to her frd and allow my daughter play 5 min.

5) mil neighbour saw her walking very fast to the direction where she is going to fetch my second. My third is in the pram and she nvr care of my child safety. U know why... she want to chit chat with frd so that she wont be home late.

6) give attitude when I said she nvr clean here and there. Why I know cos of my living room there is a very big mirror.

7) complain to my neighbour or her frd that she taking care 5 children. She only taking care of one where got 5.
Fyi, my elder is 12 yr, my second is 6 yr, my third is 1 yr, my forth and fifth are newborns.
My mil is mainly taking care of the 1 yr and one newborn
The other two no need to say already one at childcare and the other he know how to take care of himself.

8) like to taste all the food that is in my hse and tell my mil not to tell us.

9) not good in taking care of baby or toddler
Especially my third always crying, finger nail to long already hurt my third. I suspect she even has beat her cos my third keep showing us sign.

10) she sit outside my hse there is staircase
My third is sitting in the pram use pram to cover thought that I did not see her using the phone

11) use my third pillow, put it on the staircase and sit on it.

12) always bring my third to sleep, close the door
When one day I open found she applying nail polish

13) I add her in my fb and found she uploaded photo all took in the common bedroom where she always make my thrid sleep closing the door.

14) pretend stamach pain go toilet asked my mil to take care of three when my mil said r u feeling ok if not I call my son to bring u see doctor from that she stop going in toilet already

15) told my mil she got bf but not real bf. She only want to make use of this guy to buy stuff for her

16) use my son hp

17) she even can talk to her frd from our living room window while my mil is in the hse sleeping

From the above I think u can see that how many chance i have given to her yet still like that. Me n my hubby even have sit down with her talk to her so many time and this is what we get it from her.

Now I get a new fresh maid from PEM. She has work for us 1 month already. All my kids like her. Sepcially my third whom is so difficult to take care. She can handle her. Hope that this will continue going well. If the two yr contract over and her performance still maintain. I will still use her.

Anniston

Hi All, my maid is stealing my wifi to use her FB on my tablet and her smartphone.. driving me crazy..
anyone of u encounter this problem?
Hi, you should change the wifi info and dun reveal to your maid. My husband "hide" the wifi. Means it is not broadcast and thus can't find it. He set the wifi manually on all devices using it once only.

SKY2012

Hi. So those "bad" maid we sent back at our expenses do come back again?

I used to have this ex-Sin maid from Indonesia but her behavior and character is simple dubious. Left with no choice but send her back after 6mths. Cross my finger in-case anyone do employ her subconsciously.

She being our 1st maid, we concur thinking if we treat her well she will definately return good favour by being obedient and take good care of our baby. So whenever she made mistakes, we did not raise our voice at her but educate her repeatedly. We celebrate and gave her red packet during her birthday, allow her to call home whenever she requested. We also let her eat whatever she want such as specific coffee and milo for breakfast and teabreak, only white bread no skin with spread, cook whatever she like for lunch/ dinner. But this maid very bad and did things that I feel really not correct.

1. She will purposely damage utensils and throw food away, and request to go out and buy every now and then. One time I saw her throw away food in refrigerator and another time saw detergent bubbles in our soup she cooking. When ask her on the spot what happen, she just look at me and act simply innocence.
2. She tell tales such as my mum always on phone and let baby injured, my mum dislike and scold her, won't let her take care baby etc. When ask her why baby cry or injured, she will push to my mum and baby e.g. my mum let baby injured, baby hurt himself, knocked himself. It will never be her problem.
3. We actually found out she ill treat our baby. She deliberately intimidate e.g. scare, shout at baby and upset the baby e.g. no urgency to give baby milk when baby hungry, and even cause physical injury stealthy whenever she find opportunities around the baby e.g. pinch or slap baby.
4. She always complaints stomach pain but not a single time doctors can diagnose what problem. But we will let her sleep and rest and cook for her.

However, she did something more horrible - Report Indonesia agency that she was ill treated and was not bring to see doctor when she was unwell, and want to be "rescue". After investigation by agency personnel, its show that what she say was untrue. Her aim was to get transfer to a new employer without paying money as she know new contract will warrant her a higher salary and compulsory off day.

I was very shock when I heard the outcome. She was not a good worker that for sure but above show she was also scary to scheme such a lie without a blink of eye. I realize she was not sincere to come and work but get paid to come for holiday.

Without second thought, we decide to sent her back Indonesia immediately at expense of not getting back her loan, agency fee, paying air ticket etc although agency told us to let her transfer instead. Just imagine what she will do to other family if she really get transfer. To add on, I found out that she also steal clothing from both me and my mum place when I was packing her belonging to sent her back Indonesia. I think her only good point is ACTING.

Oh... I employed her on 2nd of Nov 12 till we cannot stand of her. We decided to sent her back to her country on 1 Jun 13.
Having her also my nightmare...

Before moving to 5 rooms flat, we r staying in 3 rooms. Every morning, we will sent my second daughter to childcare where is near at my mother in law place. At the same time, she n my third daughter will go to my mother in law house.

My mother in law always like to bring my kids to the playground and she get to know more filipnos there.

First 2 months, she was very hardworking.

Slowly the problem comes after we moved to 5 rooms which only few block away fr mother in law.

1) never change my elder son bedsheet and asked him to change himself

2) never wash the toilet clean eg pile on the floor never remove and scrub the floor, the four corner around basin never wash, the toiletries should be keep properly in the service yard cabinet she never put it nicely, the kitchen cabinet wok, turberware & plate messy.

3) use my mother in law handphone to sms and call , told my mother in law not to tell us

4) have told her to fetch my daughter from childcare dont let her go to the play ground, straight away fetch her home but she didnt sometime cos she want to talk to her friend and allow my daughter play 5 min.

5) mother in law neighbour saw her walking very fast to the direction where she is going to fetch my second. My third is in the pram and she never care of my child safety. you know why... she want to chit chat with friend so that she wont be home late.

6) give attitude when I said she never clean here and there. Why I know cos of my living room there is a very big mirror.

7) complain to my neighbour or her friend that she taking care 5 children. She only taking care of one where got 5.
Fyi, my elder is 12 yr, my second is 6 yr, my third is 1 yr, my forth and fifth are newborns.
My mother in law is mainly taking care of the 1 yr and one newborn
The other two no need to say already one at childcare and the other he know how to take care of himself.

8) like to taste all the food that is in my house and tell my mother in law not to tell us.

9) not good in taking care of baby or toddler
Especially my third always crying, finger nail to long already hurt my third. I suspect she even has beat her cos my third keep showing us sign.

10) she sit outside my house there is staircase
My third is sitting in the pram use pram to cover thought that I did not see her using the phone

11) use my third pillow, put it on the staircase and sit on it.

12) always bring my third to sleep, close the door
When one day I open found she applying nail polish

13) I add her in my facebook and found she uploaded photo all took in the common bedroom where she always make my thrid sleep closing the door.

14) pretend stamach pain go toilet asked my mother in law to take care of three when my mother in law said r you feeling ok if not I call my son to bring you see doctor from that she stop going in toilet already

15) told my mother in law she got bf but not real bf. She only want to make use of this guy to buy stuff for her

16) use my son hp

17) she even can talk to her friend from our living room window while my mother in law is in the house sleeping

From the above I think you can see that how many chance i have given to her yet still like that. Me n my hubby even have sit down with her talk to her so many time and this is what we get it from her.

Now I get a new fresh maid from PEM. She has work for us 1 month already. All my kids like her. Sepcially my third whom is so difficult to take care. She can handle her. Hope that this will continue going well. If the two yr contract over and her performance still maintain. I will still use her.

Sorry to heard that, at the same time bloody piss off, i think you are too kind to her, i know her stupid actions too well, i scold her and she is very scare off me and dare not try stunt. i straight away send her back to agency. BTW, at tat time i also got a transfer maid in PEM, Her Name is Jenny Sebedorio Naraga. She at least can work, but she on my lappy last month and told lies
she is allow to go for off day and her pattern all come out. PUI. Straight away i send her back to phillipines on 28 July 2013. Her few friends in contact with her FB, just be careful in case your this maid mix around with them and influencing your this maid. BTW how old is your maid and her name?
1) May Lorica
2) Angelica Baljero
3) Fe Fernandez
4) Rowena Bandojo.

BTW, i never hire any more maids liao, 2 times is enough, i pay them yet see their attitude? What CRAP???

mfo222

after going through many stupid agencies and paying money here n there, I finally chose to go with a smaller agency where the owner really tailors out a matching maid for you, there are good testimonials on the website too, and also her girls mostly got good employment record. you can google Raffles Employment...

Janvier

Hi mummies~

Now i'm also very scared of maids...they're really very gd at acting :( paid air tickets and agency fees for a maid to come over...and ended up she keep lying to us and went out when we were not in.

She also told us she don't have phone, when asked a few times again told us her phone spoiled. Until we heard her phone rang and asked her to give us her phone number, she gave the wrong number. Confronted her and she says she gave wrongly, and gave us another number but told us no money to call out. And the next day my mum caught her using the phone when my mum went to my house while we're working. We asked her again, she told us her phone sometimes can call sometimes cannot. In the end, we managed to find out she has 2 phones. We told her nicely also that she's not supposed to go out just like that when we are not around... she can actually tell me that my house windows and door closed by itself and she is scared... that's why she went downstairs *faint!*

Going to send her back to agency soon man... can't take it~full of lies & excuses :\

She told us she took care of 3 children before ranging from 9 year old to 15 year old, very difficult to take care but she can handle. And now~ she started to feedback say why children cannot just sit there... i was like...what the hack? kids are not called kids for nothing? My son cry but she will pretend nothing happen and just walk past at times -_-~ *sigh* this one no hope...only 2nd month with us and all these......craps....

Hi everyone,

Another alternative is to get a part time maid, be it freelance or from cleaning company. This temporary solution might turn out to be a blessing if you chance upon a good maid. You will also not have any obligation tied to you for 2 years. Just my 2 cents worth. Thanks. :tlaugh: